Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,329 members, 7,808,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? (10369 Views)

British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud / Wakanow Flight Insurance - Is This A Joke Or A Fraud? / Wakanow.com Is A Big Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by coolchris(m): 5:30pm On Apr 12, 2016
N/B:
Please Mod. would like to get info from other members because am currently in deep shit now. For legal sake, am not gonna conclude yet but wish to ask for the best action to take .
Wakanow.com has refused to refund me about 320k flight booking i paid last into their official account 3 weeks ago. Currently now, They have also blacklisted my mobile number, email id.

Any advice guys ?

Best regards
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:06pm On Apr 12, 2016
Lawyer up!
..and make sure you have serious proofs concerning the payment and what you paid for.
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by panazon: 6:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
I bet if this topic is moved to the frontpage, na Wakanow themselves go call you.

How are you sure they blacklisted your email and phone number? Not saying you are a liar, but please explain very well, your details are sketchy, what did you pay for? Exactly when? Which bank? ( withold your sensitive infos)

Please Mods do the needful, in these hard times somebody can't account for 320k, Haba!
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by coolchris(m): 6:20pm On Apr 12, 2016
@panazon, booked using GTBANK online Travel gateway, Never knew they partnered with wakanow, i thought them(Gtbank) gonna process it for me not moving it to wakanow,
about blacklisted : They have refused to pick my calls and also refused to reply my mails since 4th April.
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 12, 2016
coolchris:
@panazon, booked using GTBANK online Travel gateway, Never knew they partnered with wakanow, i thought them(Gtbank) gonna process it for me not moving it to wakanow,
about blacklisted : They have refused to pick my calls and also refused to reply my mails since 4th April.
go to their head office in lekki or visit their travel center closer to you to make your complains
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by coolchris(m): 6:35pm On Apr 12, 2016
@ browncube
Currently not in town (Canada)
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2016
coolchris:
@ browncube
Currently not in town (Canada)
alright kindly email send an email to muyiwa@wakanow.com, ursula@wakanow
.com
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by Teeboy22(m): 11:21pm On Apr 12, 2016
coolchris:
N/B:
Please Mod. would like to get info from other members because am currently in deep shit now. For legal sake, am not gonna conclude yet but wish to ask for the best action to take .
Wakanow.com has refused to refund me about 320k flight booking i paid last into their official account 3 weeks ago. Currently now, They have also blacklisted my mobile number, email id.

Any advice guys ?

Best regards

I don't still know why people don't book directly from the airline

5 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by coolchris(m): 1:06am On Apr 13, 2016
@TeeBoy, My cc expired.
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by coolchris(m): 1:11am On Apr 13, 2016
@browncube
I have done all that as well, Really don,t know if they have integrated auto reply Bots in their mail client system,
No one wanna tell me what is going on. It sucks also trying to patronize a home startup. Really never even gonna suggest Wakanow to my enemies once am through with them.
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by nextedge: 5:39am On Apr 13, 2016
Please what exactly is your problem with wakanow.com? Did you pay for a trip and you were not given ticket? Or you discovered that after you made payment, the price was inflated? I'm asking this because I know a couple of people who have used them and there were no issues. Please what exactly is the problem? This information from you may be useful to other forumites.

3 Likes

Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by coolchris(m): 7:29am On Apr 13, 2016
@nextedge
I paid for a trip and was not issued any ticket , Then i cancelled the booking which they acknowledged and after which requested for refund but they have refused to acknowledge the refund .
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 13, 2016
coolchris:
@nextedge
I paid for a trip and was not issued any ticket , Then i cancelled the booking which they acknowledged and after which requested for refund but they have refused to acknowledge the refund .
alright I see kindly call Ursula which is a travel center manager at surulere Lagos 08187000066
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by coolchris(m): 10:00am On Apr 13, 2016
@Brown
Alright, i will do just that .
Thanks
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by koolkamzzy(m): 1:52pm On Apr 13, 2016
That was how I booked hotel with them last month and made payment. Next day I was waiting for the Booking confirmation, only to get a call from one of their Rep that the choice of hotel is no longer available for my proposed date of visit and was suggesting that I choose from other hotels which are below the standard of what I had paid for and even in a different location from the one I booked for. Meanwhile the Hotel was still being advertised on their website.
After much arguments and calls from the Agent, I had no choice than to settle for one of the hotels suggested by the Rep cos I knew getting a refund will be difficult plus my travel date was quite close.
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by diva90: 1:44am On Apr 14, 2016
Your best bet is to get a lawyer since you have gone to their office severally and called to no avail. I doubt they are a scam because I have successfully used them a number of times to book my international flights but of course with most Nigerian businesses, it's always a hassle getting refunds back. Regardless, Really bad of them to treat you that way since customer service should be their number 1 priority. All the best in getting your money back cos 320k no be beans
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by tuutuu: 8:46am On Apr 14, 2016
l had a close experience with them too as l paid through GTB-Quickteller-Wakanow instead of doing a direct payment to their Wakanow account with GTB. Quickteller confirmed a successful transaction with a reference number sent to me via text message. Wakanow claimed they did not get the credit alert. I had to do several correspondence between Quickteller, myself and Wakanow and this went on for days, almost a week, l nearly went crazy. Quickteller/Interswitch were quite helpful except that l need to explain the whole scenerio to the customer care rep each time l call with case no. references (spent a lot on calling) but on the other hand, Wakanow's response to the correspondence was not until about day 3 or 4, l wasn't too happy with them. Summary of it all, the credit was reversed on wakanow's instruction.
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by ayobamimoses07: 3:27am On Apr 18, 2016
The real wakanow.com that i know is not a scam. i have used them more than 20 times on trips to the US, and they have NEVER disappointed me. they are more and more reliable than all these travel agents. I will always use them over and over and over and over again and again and again...

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by onatisi(m): 5:31am On Apr 18, 2016
Teeboy22:

I don't still know why people don't book directly from the airline
But the op said he did not know gtb was using wakanow,he probably thought he was booking directly by paying into the airline's account
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by DonChigo2(m): 10:06am On Apr 22, 2016
coolchris:
N/B:

Any advice guys ?

Best regards

Has your issue with Wakanow finally been resolved? I had my email to them recently bounce but I tried again 30 mins later and got a response within the hour. I don't think a business like Wakanow will intentionally block a complaining customer. Perhaps you haven't gotten through to them via the right channels.

NB. Also you can tweet at them, they seem to respond faster there
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 06, 2016
g

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by Vuitton007: 6:38pm On Jul 08, 2016
ayobamimoses07:
The real wakanow.com that i know is not a scam. i have used them more than 20 times on trips to the US, and they have NEVER disappointed me. they are more and more reliable than all these travel agents. I will always use them over and over and over and over again and again and again...

lol, if I ever narrate my story with wakanow, the entire universe will avoid them like a plague!

Wished I hadn't moved passed it, there are a lot I would miss out with the drama if I have to start typing.

But however, take it from me that Wakanow is a huge fraud.
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by nnamokenna(m): 6:05pm On Aug 09, 2016
tuutuu:
l had a close experience with them too as l paid through GTB-Quickteller-Wakanow instead of doing a direct payment to their Wakanow account with GTB. Quickteller confirmed a successful transaction with a reference number sent to me via text message. Wakanow claimed they did not get the credit alert. I had to do several correspondence between Quickteller, myself and Wakanow and this went on for days, almost a week, l nearly went crazy. Quickteller/Interswitch were quite helpful except that l need to explain the whole scenerio to the customer care rep each time l call with case no. references (spent a lot on calling) but on the other hand, Wakanow's response to the correspondence was not until about day 3 or 4, l wasn't too happy with them. Summary of it all, the credit was reversed on wakanow's instruction.

Exactly the same problem I am having with them now. Paid the money last night through GTB online payment. Up to now that I am writing, they said they have not received the money. Meanwhile, my account had long been debited.

Just like you, I have spent so much calling them. In fact, wakanow is not serious company and I don't think I'll ever use them again.

BTW, try checking www2.wakanow.com. Before you think it's a clone, it is not. They confirmed it is their "sister" site but still under testing yet they still process payments through it. SMH
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by anthoi(m): 7:58am On Nov 05, 2016
Wakanow finds it very difficult to refund. I booked a flight with them and the ticket was issued for a particular date but I later have to open my ticket because the date of the program I was to attend was shifted with 2weeks so I have pay about 50k for a DATE CHANGE. This is where their problem started... I made the payment via POS @ inside their office and I was debted instantly and no receipt was printed from the POS and the agent operating the machine claim that there was no credit to Wakanows account that he couldn't find the transaction on the system. Since the available seats for the date of my travel was just remain 3 for departure and 1 for return, the agent suggested I pay via another method (CASH) that they will REFUND me if the POS transaction is later found in Wakanow account. I accept and paid cash and the ticket was reissued same day. The next day I called the agent and he confirmed that the POS transaction was successful. Up till now Wakanow hasn't refund 1naira despite all the emails the agent sent to their headquarters. I will visit my lawyer when I return from my trip. Thank you nairalander
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 05, 2016
ayobamimoses07:

Why will you say there are more reliable than all these travel agents? How many travel agencies have you used or do you work with wakanow?

1 Like

Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by anthoi(m): 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2016
Nairalander, my account has been credited by WAKANOW

anthoi:
Wakanow finds it very difficult to refund. I booked a flight with them and the ticket was issued for a particular date but I later have to open my ticket because the date of the program I was to attend was shifted with 2weeks so I have pay about 50k for a DATE CHANGE. This is where their problem started... I made the payment via POS @ inside their office and I was debted instantly and no receipt was printed from the POS and the agent operating the machine claim that there was no credit to Wakanows account that he couldn't find the transaction on the system. Since the available seats for the date of my travel was just remain 3 for departure and 1 for return, the agent suggested I pay via another method (CASH) that they will REFUND me if the POS transaction is later found in Wakanow account. I accept and paid cash and the ticket was reissued same day. The next day I called the agent and he confirmed that the POS transaction was successful. Up till now Wakanow hasn't refund 1naira despite all the emails the agent sent to their headquarters. I will visit my lawyer when I return from my trip. Thank you nairalander
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by Acube2: 9:27am On Jun 23, 2018
Hello House,

Wakanow is presently dealing with me.
They didn't not confirm my bookings, one 585k, one 645k, another 583k , after several emails and calls, until I booked a 700k ticket, that's when they financed it with my outstanding fund(for three days) and no confirmation email. One of their staff even asked for a credit b4 he would treat my request. Which I sent(i have the scfeenshot). Then I saw a new ticket of 460k, and I booked it, that's when they said they have already issued a ticket for the 700k(thats when they now sent a confirmation email). I was told by a an insider I have there that there is no big deal in it, that they can cancel that ticket and finance a new one. But they insisted it's too late.
Bottom line: I booked several low fare, they didn't issue a ticket, Infact I was told several times that the person handling my transaction is on leave, so they can't treat until he is back. They are now issuing a ticket for a high fare. So unfair!!! Worst enough I am using their pay small small plan which is always higher(thats not a problem)
I am not gonna let this slide. I would deal with them, because of their next victim.
So I am making this go viral on both twitter and facebook. #wakanowisascam. I need ur support.
I am working in conjunction with two SUG presidents, we are getting more than 5m retweets.
I would feed u back as it goes.
Thanks you
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by Acube2: 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2018
The Owner has contacted me. So impressed with him. This is just a case of employees creating reputaional risk for the company. He promise to resolve the issue.
I wld keep u guys updated.
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by drakeli: 3:29pm On Jun 23, 2018
coolchris:
N/B:

Any advice guys ?

Best regards
I advice all Lazy Youths to rather visit appropriate airline offices to buy their flight ticket rather than doing business with some agency.
Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by Isaachydrogen: 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2018
Am having a bad experience with wakanow now:
Booked a flight August 16th and got an invoice from them but no confirmation or e ticket .
Sent them an email requesting the e-ticket.
Then the story started: about the dates I booked not been correct.
And I asked them if I didn’t send an email they won’t have contacted me to let me know that there was an issue (please attached 1) and tell me what’s isn’t correct with the dates ?
They now asked for more money to rebook my ticket and I refused because the fault isn’t from my end.
Now they aren’t replying my emails.
Am Presently not in the country, so I can’t go to there office.
any advise?

1 Share

Re: SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? by Isaachydrogen: 6:14am On Sep 11, 2018
This is resolved now!!
They reached out they reached out and all is well

(1) (2) (Reply)

Direction To Magodo Phase 2? / True Cost Of Living In Canada / Brazil Visa Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.