Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 (57997 Views)

Wedding Invitation Card Of Ibrahim Babangida & Maryam In 1969 (Photo) / Buhari With His Friends During The Civil War In 1969 (Throwback Photo) / Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 12, 2016
This is the historic aircraft with registration number 5N-AER used by OJUKWU during his active period for the emancipation of the Republic of Biafra.

Aircraft name is Hawker Siddeley 125 (HS-125). A presidential aircraft as at the time active.

Even though the Aircraft was flown into the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Zaria in serviceable working condition and parked. It is now a SCRAP used for training of Pilots/Aircraft Engineers and viewing for school children who come for excursion. The Aircraft is parked in front of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering School Hangar.

I guess the interior might still be clean since it has not been opened for years but the flown in serviceable aircraft is now looking tattered possibly because it's not being maintained.

Don't you think Nigerian government should allocate a maintenance vote to this historic aircraft or at worst preserve it in the museum as artifact for growing young Nigerians to know that the Biafra/civil war that took the lives of millions is real?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 12, 2016
More pics

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 12, 2016
more abandoned hangar and aircrafts

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 12, 2016
Ojukwu with Abacha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by ORACLE1975(m): 8:47pm On Apr 12, 2016
Hmmmm

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by kestolove95(m): 9:04pm On Apr 12, 2016
Rebel's aeroplane..burn d sh1t to ashes, while d coward remain wia he belongs

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by darkenkach(m): 9:15pm On Apr 12, 2016
Do you how much that plane can fetch the FG every year? What do you know?

9 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by asorocker: 9:22pm On Apr 12, 2016
Everything about Ojukwu was indeed first class, from attending the best primary school to the best secondary school in the world to the best university in the world to using the best cars, marrying the prettiest ladies, flying the best jets of his time, fighting for the best army (Biafran army ) leading the best country that the world did not want to see, to dying in the best hospitals and getting the best burials ever in Africa.

408 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by yarimo(m): 9:24pm On Apr 12, 2016
I hope buhari will not add it to his fleet?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by saintikechi(m): 9:31pm On Apr 12, 2016
The spirit of biafra lives on......

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by scholes0(m): 9:35pm On Apr 12, 2016
How about the aircraft he used in escaping to Abidjan, dressed up like a lady?
Does anybody know where the skeleton is? .... we can put that up as a reminder to any future cowards.

74 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by wins18(m): 9:58pm On Apr 12, 2016
asorocker:
Everything about Ojukwu was indeed first class, from attending the best primary school to the best secondary school in the world to the best university in the world to using the best cars, marrying the prettiest ladies, flying the best jets of his time, fighting for the best army (Biafran army ) leading the best country that the world did not want to see, to dying in the best hospitals and getting the best burials ever in Africa.
Unlike the unfortunate ones who were at the receiving ends of biafra brouhaha,

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by cassidy1996(m): 10:13pm On Apr 12, 2016
OJUKWU my main man....****

26 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 12, 2016
scholes0:
How about the aircraft he escaped in?
Does anybody know where the skeleton is? .... we can put that up as a reminder to any future cowards.

This is d aircraft he went to seek refuge in Ivory Coast.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Aeman(m): 11:36pm On Apr 12, 2016
Waaaaw stc so as at dat tym dere were aircrafts lyk dis mehn dis s crious.
Rip general.

4 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by leofab(f): 11:39pm On Apr 12, 2016
HERO

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by JuliettaBitch(f): 12:46am On Apr 13, 2016
Our Hero

12 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by brize(m): 12:49am On Apr 13, 2016
The only Man that fought 2 world powers, USA and RUSSIA and an islamic murderous country called Egypt for 3 good years, Nigeria was just like a child grinding the pepper in a kitchen. the man Ojukwu only got prayers from his own supporters because there were air and sea blockade.
We know Ojukwu is not dead.. He went to heaven. AMEN

120 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by kindworld(m): 1:27am On Apr 13, 2016
This will make fp tomorrow, let me invest. Meanwhile they should dash me the flight, I am tired of trekking.

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by T9ksy(m): 1:51am On Apr 13, 2016
brize:
The only Man that fought 2 world powers, USA and RUSSIA and an islamic murderous country called Egypt for 3 good years, Nigeria was just like a child grinding the pepper in a kitchen. the man Ojukwu only got prayers from his own supporters because there were air and sea blockade.
[b]We know Ojukwu is not dead.. He went to heaven. [/b]AMEN

Yes o ! grin .........at least his manhood lives on.................................................. in MAMA PISS's handbag!! shocked grin

35 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by lordcyl3(m): 3:43am On Apr 13, 2016
nice one, ojukwu will forever remain a hero

12 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Nobody: 4:40am On Apr 13, 2016
I overheard a supposedly lady saying words like "a rebel's aircraft, burn it to ashes" and I wonder how hatred allows such people sleep at night...and she's a woman. #spits#

I pity people around her cos they are all walking corpses. She can easily poison someone at slightest provocation. Tufiakwa.

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by EasternLeopard: 6:02am On Apr 13, 2016
kestolove95:
Rebel's aeroplane..burn d sh1t to ashes, while d coward remain wia he belongs

You are not ashame to believe in force marriage.

Is One Nigeria by force.?

God forbid I force anyone to be my friend let alone a people. cool

27 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by lonelydora: 6:11am On Apr 13, 2016
You think you are doing me? You are doing yourself
Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by DIKEnaWAR: 6:26am On Apr 13, 2016
Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB group should ask the FG to allow them access to their jet.

12 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by malton: 6:54am On Apr 13, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Segadem(m): 8:20am On Apr 13, 2016
[size=16pt]Hey, since 1969? ...and some people still follow that same path? These people will never learn[/size]

11 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by hakanai(m): 8:56am On Apr 13, 2016
Allow Kanu inherit it !!!!
I think he deserve to have the plane as he wants to walk the path too.

Biafra things belong to Biafra! Where Biafra sef? So we can return it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari Comments On Her Father's Health Status / Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead / Kwara APC Governorship Candidate Banner Surfaces In Saraki's Family House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.