Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? (8631 Views)

Banker Arrested For Battering Wife After Sex Denial For Two Years (pics) / Why Do Women Include Their father's Name After Marriage? / Why Do Women Shave Their Baby's First Hair. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by bukatyne(f): 10:26pm On Apr 14, 2016
Mindfulness:

Whatever rocks their boat. If they desire a rich man, then so be it.
I wasn't looking for money when I was single.

I wanted a man who would respect and understand me, someone who respects himself, someone who tries to be the best he can be, someone who would be a caring father, someone who is smart and with whom I can have interesting and inspiring conversations, someone who is independent, someone who is honest and trustworthy, someone who values family, someone who is relaxed and enjoys life as much as I do, someone who appreciates art and literature, someone who is interested in politics, economics, traveling and foreign cultures, someone who is fun and has a good sense of humor, someone who likes to socialize but also lets me have time on my own, someone I can cook with together, someone who is open-minded, someone who loves to develop, someone who is not only into my appearance but who wants to know my soul and connect on a deeper level and OF COURSE someone who is handsome and attractive.

I didn't want a jobless and lazy man but money was not what I needed either. I have my own.

kiss kiss kiss kiss

Beautiful, so beautiful.

@OP:

I agree

If a man wants control in exchange for the wealth he provides then the woman must be game.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by bukatyne(f): 10:27pm On Apr 14, 2016
plaetton:

Bingo!!

And that is the denial that the OP talks about. undecided

Must everyone have same outlook to life?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by bukatyne(f): 10:31pm On Apr 14, 2016
modath:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Shy came bearing compliments, imma bookmark this or better still, print & frame! cheesy

On Topic; Real life experience...

I have a group of friends (about 5 women) who when we initially became close used to be standoffish cos they believed I wasn't sympathetic enough to their causes!!

They said I missed gender, that I should have come as a man!!! cheesy but how can I be sympathetic when someone informs me about a cold war with her hubby stemming from "He left dirty plates in the sink for me"... my advice of "wash it & KIM or throw it away & not make it an issue" seems to set them off.

One was having cable TV remote control supremacy with her husband & it was almost tearing her home apart, till I sat her down one day & asked her to get a dual view decoder because her man would only capitulate if he is only a doormat!!

She loves the usual female thingies, her husband is into the usual male, No meeting point, after she got it, she told me that the man would leave his own programme, join her in order "to spend time doing what she enjoys" which was never the case before...
Now I'm one of the "loves" of her life! cheesy

I've always been aware of life since I was a little child,Maybe cos I've always had a mind of my own, I don't get swayed by false appearances people put up!!

From childhood I've always known that to bring out the best in a man, You have to "allow him" take his role!! Nature designed women to be nurturers, going against that never ends well!!

A husband who compromises is a doormat? Not necessarily focusing on TV here.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by edwife(f): 10:41pm On Apr 14, 2016
EfemenaXY:

C'mon take a stand and let's read your views. cheesy

What do you really think of SirShymexx's assertions about women?

Of course you know my stand on that... grin he is right. There might be a few exceptions but that's how women nowadays are wired.

I would have love to contribute but it is going to be very long and mostly i will pass as a female hater. tongue
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by modath(f): 10:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
bukatyne:

A husband who compromises is a doormat? Not necessarily focusing on TV here.

Nope, not at all.... this is about TV, each situation is unique but there is no compromise in that situation, it's purely capitulation.....

Let's go with this scenario..... The woman has been following one of this zee world/Telemundo menene, it somehow clashes with an Australian open semi final match that the man too has invested time in from the qualifying rounds..... How do we proceed?
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by EfemenaXY: 10:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
edwife:

Of course you know my stand on that... grin he is right. There might be a few exceptions but that's how women nowadays are wired.

I would have love to contribute but it is going to be very long and mostly i will pass as a female hater. tongue

Is it safe then to assume that's how you're wired, Eddy? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by bukatyne(f): 11:03pm On Apr 14, 2016
modath:

Nope, not at all.... this is about TV, each situation is unique but there is no compromise in that situation, it's purely capitulation.....

Let's go with this scenario..... The woman has been following one of this zee world/Telemundo menene, it somehow clashes with an Australian open semi final match that the man too has invested time in from the qualifying rounds..... How do we proceed?

Another example please...

I dislike Telemundo.

But again, the husband wants to watch a significant match; wifey wants a normal series that they would probably show the highlights before they start the next episode...

She should let him watch and probably join him.

But again, I am not even a fan of TV generally.
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by edwife(f): 11:09pm On Apr 14, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Is it safe then to assume that's how you're wired, Eddy? undecided

Nope undecided Because i am not wired this way,i don't see what happens around me?
Like I said,there are few exceptions.

This is my submission.It is not only limited to this thread .

There is nothing wrong wanting the good things of life, both men and women desire the best. The problem with women is that we get confused and lose the essence of what is supposed to be simple.

There are women out there willing to marry for love as long as the man has prospects but that only few of them. I won't be going far.Just here on NL, the answers most guys who opened threads asking if they can marry with an average salary of 100k get is alarming. Women talk about equality and all that,yet it is a taboo for a young guy to get married with an average salary? What's your own contribution? Okay he is making 100k,what if i make 150k? what's wrong with that? Even if i make nothing or as little as 40k,what happened to being contented and live according to our means.

Those who contribute think the world revolves around them, you can't make decision,you can't tell me what to do,you can't you can't you can't.
The only control i read Nigerian men have over their wives is chores.He wants me to cook,to clean...what else? Nothing! He takes care of you? yes,the kids? yes,what the hell? How about you getting yourself a damn maid? undecided

The average Nigerian girl made Nigerian men to simply believe that a man is only worthy to be a husband, only when he must have acquired exotic cars, fat bank account, living in a duplex and having material possessions to make him stand a greater chance of meeting his dream woman, hence, Nigerian guys of today spend so much years working tirelessly to acquire this wealth, and in the process, lose interest and passion in marriage.

Go check BellaNaija, rich kids no longer go for broke kids,men and women. They marry between them to avoid the headaches of having a wife who was cool and respectful but once a man loses his job,all that go to the bin especially if the woman is paying the bills.

How many threads men open here talking about their wives not having jobs or not trying hard enough even when they bring little or nothing just to meet the basics. We can't say same for our sisters.It is either he is not appreciative,he doesn't do chores etc...
Don't get me wrong here, I am not against men doing chores but what i noticed here more often it is not about the chores getting done it is about him doing it himself because I do it too. There is even one who had a maid at home but still wanted her husband to do chores because he was jobless grin grin.This equality thing has gone beyond mutual respect, fairness but i do 50%,you do 50%.I wash today,you wash tomorrow. undecided

So the natural instinct of those who've only ever known / lived a hard life, would be to look for a means of escapism. That's normal and applies to both sexes. That's why it seems ladies living there wouldn't give prospective suitors a second glance unless they're convinced such men have enough earning power to get them out of poverty, to live at the very least, some semblance of a comfortable life

Why must it be a man that has to take them out of poverty? Why can't they work just as those men worked to achieve whatever they have achieved? And you know that 90% of those men that will get them out of poverty are older? Because their mates are busy struggling and building their future.

Long ago it wasn't a big deal starting from scratch with your man and making it. Not today. If there are women doing it,there are few.
Females tend to marry men of higher social rank more often than men tend to marry females of higher social rank.Facts!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by modath(f): 11:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
bukatyne:

Another example please...

I dislike Telemundo.

But again, the husband wants to watch a significant match; wifey wants a normal series that they would probably show the highlights before they start the next episode...

She should let him watch and probably join him.

But again, I am not even a fan of TV generally.

It is not a one size fits all , each situation is peculiar, so one can't address different situations using same yardstick.. unfortunately that is the example i have of that particular situation......... There are some other yeye points like he doesn't wear native on thanksgiving sunday....

As for the woman compromising , seems you don't know the extent of delusion some pseudo-feminist are carrying around........

BTW, one of my friends Job is shift based & the man (not supporting, just stating facts) leaves dirty dishes for her, she vex ehn & i asked how he was when dem dey do boyfriend & girlfriend, she replied that they usually eat out or she does the dishes when they eat in... how come she was expecting miracle? She eventually got a non live in maid.... problem solved...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by SirShymexx: 12:33am On Apr 15, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Meaning you do have issues with successful women with higher earning power than yours.

A self-confident man who truly believes in himself won't be fazed by a woman's wealth. There is a lot you don't understand about women.

A man who truly loves and understands his woman would know the right buttons to push to "bend her to his will". I'm not referring to emotional abuse / exhibition of controlling tendencies from such a man, but rather, a man who absolutely connects with her. His soul mate. If the connection, feelings, mutual understanding, and love are reciprocal, you'll find that it works both ways between such a couple - i.e the woman also knowing and understanding what make her man tick.

I don't have issues with successful women earning more than I do. I just can't out myself in position whereby I can't function properly as subordinate in a space whereby I'm meant to be the authority and the primary decision maker.

This has absolutely nothing to do with self-confident and understanding women. It's just common sense and learning from the experiences of older folks around you. You can have all the self-confidence in the world, but that doesn't negate the fact that "he who pays the piper calls the tune". It's just what happens naturally, unless you want to live in denial. So many cases abound in the UK, with loads of men who survive off their wives, get treated like shyte and rendered non-functional cos the wife calls the shot.

It's just my outlook and I also learned from other people's experiences.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by jadelyn007(f): 1:34am On Apr 15, 2016
SirShymexx:

Loool.

I guess you've never had a partner higher than you. grin

A chic with power is a control freak and any time you get into any tiff, she's going to remind you of everything wrong with you and ya life. grin

My Ijebu chic won't turn into that type of monster cos we're from the same background, and I would've vetted her properly before getting involved with her. Yes, folks do change but she definitely won't change into a control freak.
they are a lot of women who were imported into the western world, trained and groomed, but they later turned into beasts. It happens a lot of time with control freak men and imported women. Unless that man is the type who isn't seeking to tie her down to the African way of life and culture.

I don't want that to be your case Shymexx since you are a control freak, find some girl where you are undecided, and stop being a control freak! tongue
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by jadelyn007(f): 1:46am On Apr 15, 2016
edwife:

Long ago it wasn't a big deal starting from scratch with your man and making it. Not today. If there are women doing it,there are few.
Females tend to marry men of higher social rank more often than men tend to marry females of higher social rank.Facts!
I don't blame these women who don't want to start from the scratch with any man. You stay with a man who has nothing, help him build his dream and visions, encourage him, assist him financially and once he gets to the top, he starts cheating with those same girls who wouldn't have given him the time of the day when he was broke.

I won't nag a guy who doesn't want to marry down or a girl who doesn't want to marry down.
I won't nag the guy who wants to marry a light skinned chic with big boobs and I won't nag the girl who wants to marry a guy with a fat bank account.
If it makes you happy, go for it! Life is too short to live by rules all the time.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by jadelyn007(f): 1:55am On Apr 15, 2016
We should please stop judging women for making choices and reminding them how they will be single at 41.
Men say they want a light skinned chic, big boobs, big ass, slim, cook, clean, classy and all that shit requirements and we hail them and applaud them. When they find a girl who can't cook or clean we advice them to dump her, what use is she. We do not remind them how they are going to turn 45 single and lonely.

But when a lady says she wants to be Married to someone with a fat bank account, with 6 packs, tall dark and handsome. We become very religious, reminding them of why they shouldn't aim so high and why the average Joe is good enough.

Why is that, I just don't get it
Someone please explain this to me

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by raumdeuter: 2:21am On Apr 15, 2016
Apples and oranges

big ass light skinned and big boobs are physical appearances like tall dark and handsone and people need to be physically attracted to who they'll spend their life with

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by Nobody: 4:53am On Apr 15, 2016
bukatyne:

kiss kiss kiss kiss

Beautiful, so beautiful.

@OP:

I agree

If a man wants control in exchange for the wealth he provides then the woman must be game.

Thanks smiley kiss smiley kiss
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 15, 2016
plaetton:

Bingo!!

And that is the denial that the OP talks about. undecided

k...congrats you've found a cure to world hunger undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 15, 2016
modath:

Shy, 2 things..

1. I ain't no feminist, i totally am on the side of clear definition of gender roles;..... A man not doing household chores is not a sacrilege in my book, neither do not i see anything wrong in buying a pack of boxer in exchange for an high end phone as anniversary gifts... grin

2. Most people are full of crap, they say lot of inane things & do the opposite.....

There is a difference between making a choice & settling,most settle for the available & still want to foist what they'd want from what is desirable,which they weren't fortunate enough to have....

The day i see a beauty queen with a laborer is the day i change my stance, till then, money makes the world go round.. cool
I am curious

By clear definition of gender roles, do you mean the man should support the family financially, while the woman take care of the home-front or the woman support the family financially and also take care of the home-front while the man leave whatever he has?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by remsonik(f): 8:42am On Apr 15, 2016
The thing is most men don't understand the roles God has placed them in. You are a man,get up,build your dreams so no woman will lampoon you. Look for a woman who's passionate about building dreams,goals and settle down. Men are quick to quote women be submissive but the bible told men to love their wives as christ loved the church. That type of love was described in 1cor 13:4.

I can't marry down cos I know there's a tendency for me to always wanna be in charge,and when I mean marry down I don't mean money or social status,I mean maturity,does he know God,what are his goals,his dreams,is he working towards them? Is he ready to settle down and really run a home? To meet such a guy I know I have to build up myself to what a matured man with all this qualities will want.

Shymex you seem to be sexist maybe because we are in a society with people of warped minds and you see young girls with nothing probably ssce going after big boys,rich boys. Some don't even care how he got his cash.
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by jadelyn007(f): 8:42am On Apr 15, 2016
raumdeuter:
Apples and oranges

big ass light skinned and big boobs are physical appearances like tall dark and handsone and people need to be physically attracted to who they'll spend their life with

those big boobs will fall, skin will be wrinkled. What makes physical attraction more important than financial stability in selection of spouse? Physical attraction versus financial stability which is more vain?
it's even more stupid to chose based on factors no one has control over. God who made them skinny and dark-skinned knew what he was doing. The God who gave one person a flat ass and the other big ass was not stupid. So why should you be selective over something no one has control over?
Having a 6pack tummy or fat bank account is something you can achieve if you work hard.
So which is more stupid?
Yes, apples and oranges. But one is more stupid than the other and please don't ask me which criterion is more stupid.
I still maintain that I won't judge nobody for their choices. wink wink

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by modath(f): 8:49am On Apr 15, 2016
daretodiffer:
I am curious

By clear definition of gender roles, do you mean the man should support the family financially, while the woman take care of the home-front or the woman support the family financially and also take care of the home-front while the man leave whatever he has?

Nature already defined what each gender's role is, it's the pressure of modern living & present day economic realities that have distorted nature's plan...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_role

I do not like yardstick generalisation, each situation is peculiar & should be treated as it appears to be! When 2 people get together, they should be define what role each should assume... not unrealistic expectations & not applicable to the situation opinion/advise.

However , Beyonce is most likely wealthier & a bigger brand in comparison to JayZ, she still feels the need to remind everyone constantly that she's Mrs Carter...still waiting for Jay to refer to himself as Mr Knowles!

Also when will Linda Ikeji stop getting flak for her manless state & when are we likely to hear anyone refer to Flavour as a hoe ? & I don't mean gardening tool! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by edwife(f): 9:27am On Apr 15, 2016
jadelyn007:
I don't blame these women who don't want to start from the scratch with any man. You stay with a man who has nothing, help him build his dream and visions, encourage him, assist him financially and once he gets to the top, he starts cheating with those same girls who wouldn't have given him the time of the day when he was broke.

I won't nag a guy who doesn't want to marry down or a girl who doesn't want to marry down.
I won't nag the guy who wants to marry a light skinned chic with big boobs and I won't nag the girl who wants to marry a guy with a fat bank account.
If it makes you happy, go for it! Life is too short to live by rules all the time.

This is not a healthy way of thinking. Just like rich guys can also dump you in a snap of his fingers because you add little or no value to him, he will get another you in a minute!
Just like an illiterate man who is financially sound trains a girl in university, sacrifices everything to make her happy and comfortable get dumped by the same girl who after attaining education and exposure realises that they are not of the same class.
Life is all about risk!

Physical appearance is no big work to anyone, you were born that way. You didn't have to slave or spend sleepless nights trying to look beautiful. (Exclude plastic surgery here because I am talking of the average girl).

The fat Bank account took years to build, sweat, brain, sacrifice…name it. So if the fat bank account demands loyalty, control, and power it shouldn't be a problem.

Just don’t nag no one! Don’t nag a guy who wants to feel superior when you go for his fat bank account.

I don’t think people go religious on women for the fun of it. We all know women choices are limited unlike the male counterpart. It is easy for a guy to get his specs than it is easy for a woman. Women most of the time settle for the available, as long as he possesses two or three qualities in your ideal man, you can settle.

A 50 years old man can marry a beauty queen as long as he has the money and even if he doesn't he can go to his village and get a pure beautiful well trained maiden.(dabota lawson,caroline danjuma,amara kanu,adaeze yobo etc...)

A 50 years old woman has slim chances getting her dream man, it is either a toy boy or an old rich man who had his own share of life and in need of companionship. (Gloria and Elvina Ibru,Orie Kalu,Oyin Adenuga etc..)

I don’t lie to myself or walk around in denial, I say things the way they are not because I am against my gender but someone needs to say it like it is. Who am I fooling?

I love strong,resilient,hard working,passionate and feminine women. I live in a society who has rules and if i want a change,i will make it happen myself and not wait for the society to make it for me or change what the society thinks it is the norm.There are many accomplished women making it without blaming anyone.I don’t have to be loud just to appear strong. Just like my mum usually says, empty barrels make the loudest noise. wink

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 15, 2016
[quote author=modath post=44718046]

Nature already defined what each gender's role is, it's the pressure of modern living & present day economic realities that have distorted nature's plan...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_role

I do not like yardstick generalisation, each situation is peculiar & should be treated as it appears to be! When 2 people get together, they should be define what role each should assume... not unrealistic expectations & not applicable to the situation opinion/advise
Personally, I don't have have any issue with traditional gender roles however I believe in flexibility. I can do either, I don't mind.

However , Beyonce is most likely wealthier & a bigger brand in comparison to JayZ, she still feels the need to remind everyone constantly that she's Mrs Carter...still waiting for Jay to refer to himself as Mr Knowles!
grin grin grin grin. IMO, I don't believe that the person that finances the house is superior to the other partner nor do I believe that earning money is superior to doing house chores(I think that is where the problem lies). It is a mockery of men who earn less in their homes and I see nothing wrong in earning less. Also, I am not disputing the fact that the man is considered superior however I avoid using the term because I find it ambiguous and the ambiguity has done more harm than good to the society at large.

Also when will Linda Ikeji stop getting flak for her manless state & when are we likely to hear anyone refer to Flavour as a hoe ? & I don't mean gardening tool! smiley

The society can continue to talk however the world will get to a point where it no longer matters and people will no longer care.
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by KanwuliaExtra: 11:08am On Apr 15, 2016
plaetton:

Political correctness is what slowly kills society

Okaaaaaay!
From what angle?
The OP's or mine? wink
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by Ruq: 11:19am On Apr 15, 2016
modath:

Shy, 2 things..

1. I ain't no feminist, i totally am on the side of clear definition of gender roles;..... A man not doing household chores is not a sacrilege in my book, neither do not i see anything wrong in buying a pack of boxer in exchange for an high end phone as anniversary gifts... grin

2. Most people are full of crap, they say lot of inane things & do the opposite.....

There is a difference between making a choice & settling,most settle for the available & still want to foist what they'd want from what is desirable,which they weren't fortunate enough to have....

The day i see a beauty queen with a laborer is the day i change my stance, till then, money makes the world go round.. cool

I need a clone of this brain in my future wife.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by jadelyn007(f): 11:58am On Apr 15, 2016
edwife:

This is not a healthy way of thinking. Just like rich guys can also dump you in a snap of his fingers because you add little or no value to him, he will get another you in a minute!
Just like an illiterate man who is financially sound trains a girl in university, sacrifice everything to make her happy and comfortable get dumped by the same girl who after attaining education and exposure realise that they are not of the same class.
Life is all about risk!

Physical appearance is no big work to anyone, you were born that way. You didn’t have to slave or spend sleepless nights trying to look beautiful. (Exclude plastic surgery here because I am talking of the average girl).

The fat Bank account took years to build, sweat, brain, sacrifice…name it. So if the fat bank account demands loyalty, control, and power it shouldn't be a problem.

Just don’t nag no one! Don’t nag a guy who wants to feel superior when you go for his fat bank account.

I don’t think people go religious on women for the fun of it. We all know women choices are limited unlike the male counterpart. It is easy for a guy to get his specs than it is easy for a woman. Women most of the time settle for the available, as long as he possesses two or three qualities in your ideal man, you can settle.

A 50 years old man can marry a beauty queen as long as he has the money and even if he doesn't he can go to his village and get a pure beautiful well trained maiden.(dabota lawson,caroline danjuma,amara kanu,adaeze yobo etc...)

A 50 years old woman has slim chances getting her dream man, it is either a toy boy or an old rich man who had his own share of life and in need of companionship. (Gloria and Elvina Ibru,Orie Kalu,Oyin Adenuga etc..)

I don’t lie to myself or walk around in denial, I say things the way they are not because I am against my gender but someone needs to say it like it is. Who am I fooling?

I love strong,resilient,hard working,passionate and feminine women. I live in a society who has rules and if i want a change,i will make it happen myself and not wait for the society to make it for me or change what the society thinks it is the norm.There are many accomplished women making it without blaming anyone.I don’t have to be loud just to appear strong. Just like my mum usually says, empty barrels make the loudest noise. wink
that you married for love doesn't decrease your chances of failing at marriage, a lot of people married for love yet divorce is the order of the day so we can as well all marry for money, or looks or cooking or cleaning activity. Marry for whatever you want. Marrying for love guarantees nothing so it's pointless. Marry for whatever makes you happy. Nobody should decide what anyone should do because that's what tradition or culture says. Do what makes you happy. All these talk about chances of happiness and stuff don't mean anything sorry, your happiness should be paramount. So if marrying a pot bellied man who is rich makes you happy, please go for it. If marrying a slim girl with big batty makes you happy go for it. grin heck even guys today are gold digging like the world will end tomorrow grin who am I to judge them? Or tell them how their clock is ticking and how they don't don't want to get married in their old age to a young girl who doesn't have an iota of love for him, who is only with him because of his money, who will likely have a toyboy to satisfy herself while she pampers the toy with his money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by An0nimus: 12:25pm On Apr 15, 2016
Now I'm confused.
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by Kimoni: 12:37pm On Apr 15, 2016
KanwuliaExtra:

Okaaaaaay!
From what angle?
The OP's or mine? wink

grin grin you want to know before you strike??
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 15, 2016
An0nimus:
Now I'm confused.
pray tell?
the gospel is on this thread.
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by bukatyne(f): 1:27pm On Apr 15, 2016
modath:

It is not a one size fits all , each situation is peculiar, so one can't address different situations using same yardstick.. unfortunately that is the example i have of that particular situation......... There are some other yeye points like he doesn't wear native on thanksgiving sunday....

As for the woman compromising , seems you don't know the extent of delusion some pseudo-feminist are carrying around........

BTW, one of my friends Job is shift based & the man (not supporting, just stating facts) leaves dirty dishes for her, she vex ehn & i asked how he was when dem dey do boyfriend & girlfriend, she replied that they usually eat out or she does the dishes when they eat in... how come she was expecting miracle? She eventually got a non live in maid.... problem solved...

I very much agree there is no one size fits all and some people (male & female) are jokers as they think 'I do' automatically change people into their dream partners.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by bukatyne(f): 1:29pm On Apr 15, 2016
Mindfulness:

Thanks smiley kiss smiley kiss

smiley
Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by modath(f): 1:50pm On Apr 15, 2016
bukatyne:

I very much agree there is no one size fits all and some people (male & female) are jokers as they think 'I do' automatically change people into their dream partners.

Thank you, imagine that Caroline Danjuma & her philandering husband situation!

I laugh when I see all the yeye opinions people leave on her SM pages castigating her for staying with an unrepentant womaniser!!
Like 99.9% of them yapping on her timeline aren't envying her lifestyle!!

She knew what she got herself into, she needed someone to take care of the bills, otherwise she wouldn't have left the millions of hunks in nollywood for her papa age mate.

Ugly faced billionaire needs a balance so his kids won't come out looking like Shrek 2.0, each person already defined their roles!

Why are people trying to help her change the goal post mid game & asking her to leave her "daddy" (despite the sentimental excuse she posts defending the serial cheat), did she marry Joe average down the street? Wetin dem expect? & na dem go fund her lifestyle?cheesy cheesy

Person see person wey dey belittle service people & wait staff & didn't have it in mind that dem whole portion dey for front? Gerrarahia mehn! grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Love Living In Denial? by bukatyne(f): 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2016
edwife:

Nope undecided Because i am not wired this way,i don't see what happens around me?
Like I said,there are few exceptions.

This is my submission.It is not only limited to this thread

This submission is a little different from your previous stance in another thread as you said men do not need women to share finances with and they would rather provide while the wives are solely responsible for the home

edwife:
There is nothing wrong wanting the good things of life, both men and women desire the best. The problem with women is that we get confused and lose the essence of what is supposed to be simple.

Who is supposed to define the 'essence'?

edwife:
There are women out there willing to marry for love as long as the man has prospects but that only few of them. I won't be going far. Just here on NL, the answers most guys who opened threads asking if they can marry with an average salary of 100k get is alarming.

How do you know that the women willing to marry for love are few? How many men are earning above N100k? Yet people get married everyday.

edwife:
Women talk about equality and all that,yet it is a taboo for a young guy to get married with an average salary? What's your own contribution? Okay he is making 100k,what if i make 150k? what's wrong with that? Even if i make nothing or as little as 40k,what happened to being contented and live according to our means.

Not all women believe in 'equality' or even talk about it. Some women (equality or not) believe a man should provide while they tend to the home. Some men also believe they would handle finance while their wives should face their office aka the home.

edwife:
Those who contribute think the world revolves around them, you can't make decision,you can't tell me what to do,you can't you can't you can't.
The only control i read Nigerian men have over their wives is chores.He wants me to cook,to clean...what else? Nothing! He takes care of you? yes,the kids? yes,what the hell? How about you getting yourself a damn maid? undecided

Now this is contradictory... if a woman who believes in equality decides to contribute, shouldn't the man gear up towards chores or you expect a woman to contribute financially + face domestics while the man contributes only?

On one hand, you are condemning women who want to marry 'rich' men so they face their chores squarely and be controlled; on another hand, you are condemning women who want their husbands to assist in chores because they contribute.

Which way to go?

Besides, cooking and cleaning is not 'just' especially for women who work full time (contributing or not). Most times, Saturdays is the only time they have to take care of the home, themselves, hubby & kids and it is only natural all hands are on deck to make it work.

Again, I wish the only 'control' they had was chores and cooking. Several stories ranges from 'don't see your family' to stop working to 'I don't want my wife watching telemundo' to 'I want fresh food' to etc. etc. I know some whose hubby seized her voter's card and the neighbours had to plead because she was supporting a different party.

When the average Nigerian wife in Nigeria is talking of 'control', it is not 'cooking' or 'chores'

edwife:
The average Nigerian girl made Nigerian men to simply believe that a man is only worthy to be a husband, only when he must have acquired exotic cars, fat bank account, living in a duplex and having material possessions to make him stand a greater chance of meeting his dream woman, hence, Nigerian guys of today spend so much years working tirelessly to acquire this wealth, and in the process, lose interest and passion in marriage.

Except things have changed, in our society men provide and women keep the home. Women now want upgrade version of provision to duplexes and exotic cars; men now want upgrade version to looks 18 at 50.

edwife:
Go check BellaNaija, rich kids no longer go for broke kids,men and women. They marry between them to avoid the headaches of having a wife who was cool and respectful but once a man loses his job,all that go to the bin especially if the woman is paying the bills.

Rich people never married poor people on the average.

Well, Nigerians have always respected money and because of the average man's ego, everything the wife does becomes an insult once he does not have the 'control' aka money.

edwife:
How many threads men open here talking about their wives not having jobs or not trying hard enough even when they bring little or nothing just to meet the basics. We can't say same for our sisters.It is either he is not appreciative,he doesn't do chores etc...

Men and women look out for different things, we have been told that here several times.

edwife:
Don't get me wrong here, I am not against men doing chores but what i noticed here more often it is not about the chores getting done it is about him doing it himself because I do it too. There is even one who had a maid at home but still wanted her husband to do chores because he was jobless grin grin.This equality thing has gone beyond mutual respect, fairness but i do 50%,you do 50%.I wash today,you wash tomorrow. undecided

When wife does what she can, who does the rest? What is the 50-50 I see making rounds here especially to discredit people who believe in equality? Do people actually count the amount of dirty clothes to make them even or count the amount of dishes in the sink? undecided

As mundane as it sounds, chores is a boring unending mill.

edwife:
Why must it be a man that has to take them out of poverty? Why can't they work just as those men worked to achieve whatever they have achieved? And you know that 90% of those men that will get them out of poverty are older? Because their mates are busy struggling and building their future.

Men provide.... Same as saying must a woman do the chores or take care of the home?

edwife:

I do not know where you got the stats from but a lot of women are marrying poorer men daily.

They might dream of marrying richer men however, there are not many rich men to go round sadly.

edwife:

True

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny! Obasanjo Sleeps With Son's Wife? / I Want To Leave My Husband / Would You Prefer A Functional Wife Or An Attractive One ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.