Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC (13172 Views)

Bukola Saraki And His Son, Oluwaseni Saraki, In Mecca For The Hajj. Photo / Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - / Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by neolboy(m): 6:02am On Apr 13, 2016
ABUJA—The All Progressives Congress, APC, has explained its helplessness in the face of the ongoing trial of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, saying the Federal Government under President Muhammadu Buhari cannot approbate and reprobate at the same time.

South East spokesperson of the APC, Osita Okechukwu, stated this at the national secretariat of the party in Abuja during a parley with journalists yesterday.

On the budgetary controversy surrounding the Lagos-Calabar railway, Mr. Okechukwu imputed that those opposing the project were doing that because of their political calculations for 2019.

The zonal APC spokesman said: “For the avoidance of doubt, we of the South East zone of APC do not subscribe to the insinuation, that those opposed to the project are afraid of the political gains Mr. President will make in the South East and South South.

‘’They allege that if the project sails, coupled with his success on the war against corruption and containment of insurgency, he will be unstoppable. Hence the fear that the two zones may support him in 2019, given the political value of the project.”

Urging the National Assembly not to throw the baby away with the bath water, the party said: “The welfare and prosperity of Nigerians far outweighs political gains. To erase this ungodly insinuation, we once more appeal to the National Assembly not to be caught in the political cross-fire.”

The South East Zone of APC therefore appealed to the National Assembly to let the Lagos-Calabar Railway Project be, saying, “as we have listened carefully to all the cacophony of voices, none has condemned the project as irrelevant or building bridge to nowhere. Let the blame game stop and let the project be. The controversy over the project is uncalled for and an ill-wind which blows no one good.

“Our appeal is anchored on the truism of millions of employment opportunities and economic prosperity which the project will engender.

We need projects like the Lagos-Calabar rail to create massive employment and revamp the economy. More so, when the reality is that both the executive and legislative arms are on the same page on the project, then it is of urgent national importance.

“We also understand that the Lagos-Calabar Project is in the China-Shopping List of President Muhammadu Buhari, for Nigeria’s infrastructure renewal."

This being the case, what kind of message are those opposed to the project in the National Assembly sending to the Chinese government if they continue to bicker over mundane procedure? Is it sabotage ?"

source:www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/buhari-cant-intervene-sarakis-trial-seast-apc/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by Aufbauh(m): 6:33am On Apr 13, 2016

The South East Zone of APC therefore appealed to the National Assembly to let the Lagos-Calabar Railway Project be, saying, “as we have listened carefully to all the cacophony of voices, none has condemned the project as irrelevant or building bridge to nowhere. Let the blame game stop and let the project be.

This man brain dey there.
Salient and undisputed fact that cannot be erase by bickering and legislative procedures.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by agabaI23(m): 6:48am On Apr 13, 2016
SE APC una follow? grin grin
Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by Histrings08(m): 6:55am On Apr 13, 2016
Pfft
Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by modath(f): 7:00am On Apr 13, 2016
agabaI23:

You object?

The project isn't beneficial?

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by agabaI23(m): 7:32am On Apr 13, 2016
modath:

You object?

The project isn't beneficial?
which Project? SE APC no follow. Weather them want or no want to help if Saraki go go jail e go go jail and vice versa...SE APC na make up number. Their contribution no dey count tongue
Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by modath(f): 7:33am On Apr 13, 2016
agabaI23:
which Project? SE APC no follow. Weather them want or no want to help if Saraki go go jail e go go jail and vice versa...SE APC na make up number. Their contribution no dey count tongue

Ok I get now.. cheesy
Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by agabaI23(m): 7:35am On Apr 13, 2016
modath:

Ok I get now.. cheesy
Good.
Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by Fullamafia: 8:27am On Apr 13, 2016
agabaI23:

Lol but that's not fair, them dey try.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by Beeman1(m): 8:55am On Apr 13, 2016
Tell these useless sinators o.
God bless S.E APC
God bless APC
God bless PMB/PYO
God bless Nigeria.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by AlexCk: 9:02am On Apr 13, 2016
He never help himself, na Saraki he wan con help??
Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 13, 2016
agabaI23:
We follow o. We're the 5% in the 5%. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by Ezedon(m): 9:04am On Apr 13, 2016
He hates South East, He won't listen to any complain or suggestion that will be beneficial to the S'East he will always follow his mind
Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by bestman09(m): 9:04am On Apr 13, 2016
Attention seekers
Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by AntiWailer: 9:06am On Apr 13, 2016
Buhari is not a politician.

He won't negotiate.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by Taeewo(m): 9:06am On Apr 13, 2016
S.E
Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by Lilimax(f): 9:06am On Apr 13, 2016
Everybody is becoming relevant in this CHANGE era.
Changed fresh air everywhere embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by ademega(m): 9:08am On Apr 13, 2016
y should he help him? a tiv?
Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by shejane: 9:09am On Apr 13, 2016
You av said it all Sir, let the blaming game stop. Wada it was included b4 or not is not necessary now. Why can't the south south and south east senators fight this or is it true that hausas own this county? Pls include it now is never late.
Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by Inspectahdeck(m): 9:09am On Apr 13, 2016
Can the two arms of government get over their pride and let's move forward in this COUNTRY for crying out loud. Enough of the blame game, tribalism and political embarrassment.

A lot of people, businesses, corporate organisations, investors and even the economy depend on this freaking budget. Everything is moving on autopilot in this country.

We are in April no budget and all this guys (NASS) know is their selfish interest. Adding or padding the budget with keke, non-federal projects etc.

Well like they say better late than never.
Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by omooba969(m): 9:10am On Apr 13, 2016
Ok
Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by focus7: 9:11am On Apr 13, 2016
From one government to another government SE and SS has suffered lack federal project compare to other region this is largely due to the fact the politicians there has master the art of playing politics with destinies of the people of their region. On this Lagos-Calabar rail project I support every effort they are making to kill it, as long as SW is benefiting in whichever way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by gbens2000(m): 9:11am On Apr 13, 2016
neolboy:
ABUJA—The All Progressives Congress, APC, has explained its helplessness in the face of the ongoing trial of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, saying the Federal Government under President Muhammadu Buhari cannot approbate and reprobate at the same time.

‘’They allege that if the project sails, coupled with his success on the war against corruption and containment of insurgency, he will be unstoppable. Hence the fear that the two zones may support him in 2019, given the political value of the project.”

Urging the National Assembly not to throw the baby away with the bath water, the party said:

The South East Zone of APC therefore appealed to the National Assembly to let the Lagos-Calabar Railway Project be, saying, “as we have listened carefully to all the cacophony of voices, none has condemned the project as irrelevant or building bridge to nowhere. Let the blame game stop and let the project be. The controversy over the project is uncalled for and an ill-wind which blows no one good

source:www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/buhari-cant-intervene-sarakis-trial-seast-apc/
foolish ppl everywhere angry,u didn't know the man isn't a politician before u voted him in abi? Ode ppl angry
Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 13, 2016
It hurt my heart deeply everytime I see some foolish Nigerian youth supporting currupt leaders. I am from Kwara State and we know how much this saraki has spoiled this state. Kwara state is still in debt because of that armed robber. E NO GO BETTER FOR ANYBODY THAT SUPPORT THAT MAN.

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by DONSMITH123(m): 9:13am On Apr 13, 2016
Well said.
Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by Misterdhee1(m): 9:13am On Apr 13, 2016
Something Weh go benefit their Region, their people, they are politicizing it..Some Politicians don't have any justification representing their people..They are meant to join the league of E-warlords
Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by udatso: 9:15am On Apr 13, 2016
Very wrong title. It's all talking about calabar -lagos railway with only one place talking about Saraki. ....unfortunately the mods didn't edit it before pushing it to fp. ...

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by Lilchilz(m): 9:16am On Apr 13, 2016
My friend invited me to his church for a
thanksgiving service, and I sat at the front
row.
When it was time for offering, the offering
basket was passed around. Despite the
Pastor's charge for good offering, I still hurriedly and secretly pulled out N100 note
from my pocket and dropped it. Just then,
the person behind me tapped me on the
shoulder and handed me a N2000 note. I
smiled, so generous. Then majestically, I
looked around and put the N2000 in the basket and passed it on. Then I turned and
thanked the man seriously for being so
generous. He replied "don't mention'' be
more careful next time, it fell from your
pocket" Whaaaat!!!!!?......." "Usher
please wait, wrong transaction!!!!!!!!!."

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by agabaI23(m): 9:16am On Apr 13, 2016
Fullamafia:

Lol but that's not fair, them dey try.
E don sweet your belle
Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by dokunbam(m): 9:16am On Apr 13, 2016
Beeman1:
Tell these useless sinators o.

God bless S.E APC

God bless APC

God bless PMB/PYO

God bless Nigeria.

Baba will not support thief

Sarathief and co
Re: Why Buhari Can't Help Saraki's In His CCT Trial —S'East APC by senatorbayor(m): 9:21am On Apr 13, 2016
Truth be told that the president have made it clear even before the budet was send to him that he will take his time to sign the budget , part of the tactics of buying time is to ensure there is a bit of controversy like the Lagos - Calabar project which the presidency knew that it was not in the original budget and could as well be presented as supplementary budget to the House for inclusion and approval.

So funny that we are beginning to fall for the antics of the govt who have employed the use of media to engaged and distract our attention while he achieved the needed time to accent the bill and do the needful.

The Lagos-calabar rail project is just a side attraction to keep us busy pending when the president arrives from his trip and push for a supplementary budget which is what is expected and not this hullabaloo we are experiencing

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Charged To Court In Ekiti For Vote Buying / Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? / Maina: Court Grants Bail To Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.