Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts (28191 Views)

Jacob Zuma Resigns As South African President! / Robert Mugabe On Hunger Strike; Refuses To Eat For 2 Days; Vows To Die / Nigerian Guy Insults Michelle Obama On Twitter. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by eluquenson(m): 11:43am On Apr 13, 2016
God will intervene
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by mytime24(f): 11:43am On Apr 13, 2016
I blame fashola undecided
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by donnumber1(m): 11:44am On Apr 13, 2016
lol. Abeg Nigeria should just agree that south Africa is presently the giant of Africa .

If you watch western news well. You would observed that their respect SA than us. Our government don sold us out to the dogs. buhari whey say e go change this country . na only travel e dey travel.

3 Likes

Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by WizydXkoba(m): 11:44am On Apr 13, 2016
tamertery:
imagine... 2 hours... nd me is 2 days and counting.... hmmmm... God have mercy
ours is 2months!
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by BossDanniee(m): 11:45am On Apr 13, 2016
Lol..the Naija guy though
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by Jayuba(m): 11:46am On Apr 13, 2016
If u know u are not used to blackout go to whiteout
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 13, 2016
umehmj:
moral of the story:
learn to appreciate what you got. don't whine about your ugly situation as though your case is the worst cos people elsewhere suffer even worse. this guy is complaining but it will be heaven on earth if we can have electricity for 22 hours a day here in Nigeria

as bad as our light situation is, some African countries are worse of. a[b]sk congo DR[/b]

Congo DR is an interesting case.

In the 1970'S....work was commenced on the Inga system of dams which if it had been completed would have had the potential to provide light for half of the African continent.

But the project has been partially completed...thanks to good old corruption.
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by amunkita(m): 11:48am On Apr 13, 2016
tamertery:
imagine... 2 hours... nd me is 2 days and counting.... hmmmm... God have mercy

Ur own nah just 2dayz
Today am sitted at home cous I exhausted the last ironed shirt yesterday..

Don't know what 2mao would look like.
If I could load my meter with 5k since January nd till date I ve not loaded again will tell u what we re suffering here.

1 Like

Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by mekonglobal(m): 11:48am On Apr 13, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

South Africa generates 44000MW.

Nigeria maximally generates 5000MW....(Which at best can guarantee 12 hours of light for everyone on the Naitonal grid now)>

15000MW of SA's power comes from nuclear.

Nigeria....(No, we cannot have nuclear power, we are subhumans who cannot look after nuclear power. No No.....!).

South Africans pay their bills.

Nigerians fight DISCO staff who try to enforce bill collection. (And the government parastatals are no better).

South Africa has good maintenance culture.

Nigeria....not only has bad maintenance culture...but a host of parasites who deliberately sabotage the equipment, so that they can benefit from the contracts awarded for repairs.
Giant of Africa my foot!
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by Pennyways: 11:51am On Apr 13, 2016
that's a very short period, we don't have light since buhari administration began.
The whole nation is cover with darkness and injustices
top tertiary institutions have been shut down in recent days
fuel scasity norms are sickness, the scasity itself is worst than dead

now, how will they react to that?
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by truthspeaks: 11:56am On Apr 13, 2016
But those wit certain interests won't allow such initiatives to thrive. Ppl like generator manufacturers. Nig is d only country whr darkness is profitable n d elite who gain a lot frm it wld wish it remains so for d nxt 50yrs. Question is will Nigerians allow Nigeria remain like dis in d nxt 50yrs? Wat will our country look like in d nxt 50yrs?
seanblaise:
The problem we have in this country is the short term memory we Nigerians have....Prior to the genesis of oil exploration in nigeria, agriculture was our main source of economic income...the coal found in Enugu state is enough to provide 24 hrs uninterrupted electricity for the SE/SS. the kainji dam in Niger state can service the NC/SW and some parts of NW.....while a new dam could be constructed to service the NE. By doing this, I believe our daily need of electricity will be met and this will pave way for foreign investors.....this is the kind of bill we need our law makers to propose and not some useless CCT Amendment bill....

1 Like

Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by blaise00700(m): 11:58am On Apr 13, 2016
Fake!!! Where in South Africa is power off for 2 hrs recently?
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by repogirl(f): 11:59am On Apr 13, 2016
A very funny but very true reply.
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by Maser: 12:02pm On Apr 13, 2016
M4gunners:
Say that in Nigeria, zombies will call you IPOB wailer.You guys should keep following around.

Why didn't you say it when GEJ was president for 6 years. He takes more of the blame for it than the man who has been there for just nearly 11 months. Your hypocrisy stinks so much so that you are wishing the same GEJ had continued till 2019, the darkness notwithstanding. People like you are the problem this country has

2 Likes

Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by macaranta(m): 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2016
Stale
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2016
okosodo:
Congo is enjoying constant power supply. Dont speak on a topic that you know nothing about

I don't know why some people think or feel that Congo is as terrible just as the pronunciation of the name "Congo" sounds! That country is better off than Nigeria in both Human Resources, Facilities and even their Women!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by Knetpro(m): 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2016
damiloladuke:
This guy should come to Nigeria and ask who the real blacks are.

Yes we are the real blacks simply because we permanently live in a total black-out.

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/04/a-south-african-complained-of-not.html

Let him come to Nigeria. He won't have battery life to type this - unless of course he buys a generator locally!!!
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by ify2nyce(f): 12:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
umehmj:
moral of the story:
learn to appreciate what you got. don't whine about your ugly situation as though your case is the worst cos people elsewhere suffer even worse. this guy is complaining but it will be heaven on earth if we can have electricity for 22 hours a day here in Nigeria

as bad as our light situation is, some African countries are worse of. ask congo DR
lol

story?
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by abnsugbe: 12:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
seanblaise:
The problem we have in this country is the short term memory we Nigerians have....Prior to the genesis of oil exploration in nigeria, agriculture was our main source of economic income...the coal found in Enugu state is enough to provide 24 hrs uninterrupted electricity for the SE/SS. the kainji dam in Niger state can service the NC/SW and some parts of NW.....while a new dam could be constructed to service the NE. By doing this, I believe our daily need of electricity will be met and this will pave way for foreign investors.....this is the kind of bill we need our law makers to propose and not some useless CCT Amendment bill....

lozzzz..truth..some fools will still come and attack u...truth is wht nigeria hates...useless country
Fashola - Over-hyped crook
Fayemi - Educated nicompoop
Osinbajo - Mere commissoner
Lai Mohammed - Satan's sibbling
Amaechi - Unrepentant liar
Ibe Kachikwu - Confused fall guy
Buhari - Commander-in-Crook
They are on a mandate to wreck Nigeria.
APC is a fraudulent fraud & Nigerians are suffering for it
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by amtaken(f): 12:11pm On Apr 13, 2016
A small and not-so-rich country like Poland has all the basic amenities the citizens need.

Buhari should undergo some psychological evaluation.

1 Like

Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by apolyion777(m): 12:15pm On Apr 13, 2016
Honestly 2 hours of loadshedding in SA is like eternity because of the way and manner that things are structured here, one's life will virtually come to a standstill, you cannot take a bath, cos the water from the tap will be ice cold most especially during winter, u can't even drink the water or use it to wash ur hands, and also u can't cook or do anything tangible tangible in the house , hence the guy's frustration.
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by tamertery(m): 12:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
amunkita:

Ur own nah just 2dayz
Today am sitted at home cous I exhausted the last ironed shirt yesterday..

Don't know what 2mao would look like.
If I could load my meter with 5k since January nd till date I ve not loaded again will tell u what we re suffering here.

dis is serious ooo... d suffering is too much... haba.... brother i sympathise with you

1 Like

Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by tamertery(m): 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2016
WizydXkoba:
ours is 2months!

shocked shocked shocked na to thank God for my own condition b dat na...
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by HoliSmoosh(f): 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2016
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by Nusaf: 12:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
amtaken:
A small and not-so-rich country like Poland has all the basic amenities the citizens need.
Buhari should undergo some psychological evaluation.
Until May15, light has not blinked in Nigeria for over 200 yrs , so I agree with u.

1 Like

Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by Nusaf: 12:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
Afrok:
Nigeria is a paradise eh... imagine just switching light off every two hours and they are complaining, for weeks now light never blink for my area, in fact Nigeria is a paradise.
Where do u live?
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 13, 2016
Failure Giant of Africa, where hours can pass by and no power generation company has produced a single megawatt of electricity. It's really a pity cry

1 Like

Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by menacetosociety: 12:43pm On Apr 13, 2016
abnsugbe:

lozzzz..truth..some fools will still come and attack u...truth is wht nigeria hates...useless country
Fashola - Over-hyped crook
Fayemi - Educated nicompoop
Osinbajo - Mere commissoner
Lai Mohammed - Satan's sibbling
Amaechi - Unrepentant liar
Ibe Kachikwu - Confused fall guy
Buhari - Commander-in-Crook
They are on a mandate to wreck Nigeria.
APC is a fraudulent fraud & Nigerians are suffering for it
U guys are pathetic undecided Naija good before?dumb post everywhere
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2016
Welcome to the zoo where baboons and monkeys are leaders.... The zoo is doomed for eternity...
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by Udofire(m): 12:49pm On Apr 13, 2016
@Quakertellicus...you talk of guarantee of 12hours, some people will faint. Some nigerians don't value what is good. I remember sometime late last year, we had light in our area for over 10hours without a blink. To my surprise, i heard some ungrateful neighbours abusing and cursing PHCN that they were the cause of their bottled items in their fridge been broken as a result of too much of iceing due to long duration of electricity.
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by M4gunners: 12:51pm On Apr 13, 2016
Maser:

Why didn't you say it when GEJ was president for 6 years. He takes more of the blame for it than the man who has been there for just nearly 11 months. Your hypocrisy stinks so much so that you are wishing the same GEJ had continued till 2019, the darkness notwithstanding. People like you are the problem this country has
You must be drunk in fanta.Your hypocrisy stinks more than mine. GEJ accept and accommodate all the critics when he was in power.
Why it is taboo to criticise this current government without zombies like you jumping into their defence.
Re: A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts by Edmen(m): 12:55pm On Apr 13, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

South Africa generates 44000MW.

Nigeria maximally generates 5000MW....(Which at best can guarantee 12 hours of light for everyone on the Naitonal grid now)>

15000MW of SA's power comes from nuclear.

Nigeria....(No, we cannot have nuclear power, we are subhumans who cannot look after nuclear power. No No.....!).

South Africans pay their bills.

Nigerians fight DISCO staff who try to enforce bill collection. (And the government parastatals are no better).

South Africa has good maintenance culture.

Nigeria....not only has bad maintenance culture...but a host of parasites who deliberately sabotage the equipment, so that they can benefit from the contracts awarded for repairs.
if there is regular power supply like there is in South Africa, paying light bill won't be a problem. .how can one be paying for something he doesn't enjoy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guam Is Telling Its Citizens How To Survive A Nuclear Attack By North Korea. / Israel Issues Final Warning To Al Awda Hospital, 2 Others 2 Evacuate Immediately / Twitter Permanently Suspends Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.