Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,454 members, 7,808,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

An Open Letter To Mr. Seun - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Open Letter To Mr. Seun (4254 Views)

Mr Seun / Happy Birthday Mr Seun / Very Important Question To The Boss Of Nairaland Mr. Seun, Mods La Lastica & Co (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by Psoul(m): 10:12am On Apr 13, 2016
Nairaland is one of the leading social networks in Nigeria. It has brought many people, both within and outside the country together. It is a very educative and informative medium.

I can recall with sweet nostalgia those sweet good old days that I joined this network after been a guest reader for about a year. Those days Nairaland gives one a kind of joy that one cannot explain once you enter any of the forums. Those were the days every post is discussed, argued and deliberated with high sense of intelligence and with high degree of respect to people’s opinion. Those day when diction (choice of words) were observed.

It pain me so hard how this sweet network is fast losing what it was known for all these years and the crew members seem to be enjoying it. The influx of kids and touts into the network is killing it.

The network has been so much divided by tribe, religion and politics. Am not saying that one should not have where one’s political or religious interest hinges. In as much as we all have different political and religious affiliations, we still need to respect other people’s opinion.

In these days Nairaland, you hardly see any post that goes down without people abusing one tribe, religion or political party with harsh and vulgar words. From the look of things, it seem that even the Admin crew support/favour some groups more that others. Some people have been indefinitely banned for writing same thing someone else wrote and was commended. Some posts from a group not in good book of an Admin crew was never allowed to see the light of the day, while same post from the Touch-Not-Group made a frontpage. This is not how this network operates before. There should be a level playground for all irrespective of your tribe.

I belive Nairaland want to keep its members. You cant do it by allowing everything to just go like that. Some bad eggs need to be shown the back door. Not doing this wont get you more traffic rather you may start seeing most of your good members leaving the network. When 2go came, it was embraced by many until many small boys started flooding it and started doing some stupid things, the big boys and decent ones left, you know the fate of 2go today. Same happened to Badoo.

I know so many people will still abuse me here with their comments, but I have learned to develop thick skin. To you Mr. Seun, you are really doing a very great job, but a lot need to be done to keep this fire burning longer.

From a concerned Nairalander.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by Seun(m): 10:31am On Apr 13, 2016
I'm surprised to learn that people are still being abused on Nairaland without repercussions. You ahould report these rulebreakers by clicking the report button on their posts. Mynd44, what's your take on this? Are we failing to enforce rule 2? I hope not.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by DaBullIT(m): 10:47am On Apr 13, 2016
Reporting people doesn't always work , trust me I've reported several mailed mods even mentioned mods in a comment

Just saying
Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by joseph1832(m): 10:50am On Apr 13, 2016
True that OP. The kids and immature folks now in this forum is alarming. You would even think these kids would even patronize the education section where they stand to gain a lot, but no, they plague the romance section and make nuisance of themselves.

I would enjoin you, seun, to focus your searchlight on the Romance section, that section thoroughly needs a whole lot of cleansing. It might even amuse you that they've started forming themselves into clicks and promote cultism there, even threatening to kill, maim members outside the forum.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by ikombe: 11:00am On Apr 13, 2016
Mynd44 oga don call you undecided

Let the banning begin . If possible lay a ban on them untill airforce1 release an album and features phyno on a track only den will you lift such ban.

Baba seun what do u think on my opinion cheesy
Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by Mynd44: 11:02am On Apr 13, 2016
Seun:
I'm surprised to learn that people are still being abused on Nairaland without repercussions. You ahould report these rulebreakers by clicking the report button on their posts. Mynd44, what's your take on this? Are we failing to enforce rule 2 once again? I hope not.
Any post that is seemingly offensive can be reported and WILL be treated
Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by Mynd44: 11:03am On Apr 13, 2016
DaBullIT:
Reporting people doesn't always work , trust me I've reported several mailed mods even mentioned mods in a comment

Just saying
I dont understand what you mean here though because every case of reported post are treated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by ikombe: 11:05am On Apr 13, 2016
DaBullIT:

Just saying
Dont say things that are not true. Mynd44 does his job very well undecided

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by searchng4love: 11:08am On Apr 13, 2016
@Seun, the monikers aisha96, daretodiffer, dare2differ and akike seem to be the same person and can't make two posts without reference to parents in particular. Please address this issue as the report button only hides the offensive post from the reporter but remains visible to others. Thankyou.

Regards,
Searchng4love
Seun:
I'm surprised to learn that people are still being abused on Nairaland without repercussions. You ahould report these rulebreakers by clicking the report button on their posts. Mynd44, what's your take on this? Are we failing to enforce rule 2 once again? I hope not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by searchng4love: 11:11am On Apr 13, 2016
you don't attend to this person, daretodiffer, akike and aisha96....check her posts in the romance section always abusing parents, its uncalled for to be jumping upandan with different monikers abusing people cursing people wishing people dead and at the same time insulting their parents.

Mynd44:

I dont understand what you mean here though because every case of reported post are treated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by searchng4love: 11:11am On Apr 13, 2016
they are true.

ikombe:
Dont say things that are not true. Mynd44 does his job very well undecided
Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by Mynd44: 11:23am On Apr 13, 2016
searchng4love:
you don't attend to this person, daretodiffer, akike and aisha96....check her posts in the romance section always abusing parents, its uncalled for to be jumping upandan with different monikers abusing people cursing people wishing people dead and at the same time insulting their parents.

And did you send a Pm Or report the users?
Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 13, 2016
Seun:

Good morning sir, you need to extend rule 2 to include abuse on the basis of gender. You cannot make rules that ban people who insult/abuse other tribes but exclude abuse and derogatory statements that are aimed at a specific sex. I do not deserve to be insulted because I have breasts and vagina. I am human and I deserve to be treated as such.In fact such threads and statements are enough to amount to provocation under rule 2 angry.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by searchng4love: 11:40am On Apr 13, 2016
Both and even posted on the thread

Mynd44:

Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 13, 2016
Mynd44:

Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES

Do Nairaland members include females and males genders?

Does rule 2 extend to provocation, insult and abuse against all or most Nairaland females or males? If no, are you indirectly telling most/all Nairaland females/males that they deserve to be insulted, abused and degraded for having joysticks and vaginas.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by searchng4love: 11:43am On Apr 13, 2016
Mynd44:

Dear Seun Osewa,
It is hi time you call this poster to order. She insults parents with reckless abandon. in violation of rule 2. I have reported the same personality today. Its indeed uncalled for from any well-brought up being. And if such is found here, I think it is best such a person is re-groomed via the well crafted nairaland rules.

Kind regards,
Searchng4love.
https://www.nairaland.com/3042991/nigerian-men-please-stop-patronising/1

cc farano, mukina2, freiburger, mynd44, rocktation, lalasticlala.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by Psoul(m): 11:54am On Apr 13, 2016
Seun:

The issue is that some of the Mods seem to be enjoying the "rude jokes". They should realize that this is someone's business, I mean the Nairaland Network and it should not be toyed with. Or should i say that Mr. Seun himself is too busy that he has failed to monitor his business or the activities of those he trusted this business into their hands. Well, all we require is a serene network environment where we can all come and learn, relax and have a healthy fun.

I remember those days you only get internet access from cyber cafe. Those days we will go to a cafe spend hours just to be in Nairaland. It was like dat because u get well entertained by great posts, comments and arguments. If it used to be like it is today, who will go to a cafe, buy airtime, spend hours only to be insulted. We deserve better treatment for our hard earned data bundle and time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by ikombe: 1:02pm On Apr 13, 2016
Mr seun i will like you to look into dat male hiding under the female monkier called ngenenkwenu . She likes taging anybody who doesnt think the present government is doing well an IPOB youth

I go break im head oh gringringringringringrin
Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by Seun(m): 1:12pm On Apr 13, 2016
searchng4love:
cc: mynd44, Pls inform people when it's been treated.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by Mynd44: 1:14pm On Apr 13, 2016
Seun:
cc: mynd44, Pls inform people when it's been treated.
It has been
Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by Psoul(m): 1:21pm On Apr 13, 2016
Seun:
I'm surprised to learn that people are still being abused on Nairaland without repercussions. You should report these rulebreakers by clicking the report button on their posts. Mynd44, what's your take on this? Are we failing to enforce rule 2 once again? I hope not.

The issue is that some of the Mods seem to be enjoying the "rude jokes". They should realize that this is someone's business, I mean the Nairaland Network and it should not be toyed with. Or should i say that Mr. Seun himself is too busy that he has failed to monitor his business or the activities of those he trusted this business into their hands. Well, all we require is a serene network environment where we can all come and learn, relax and have a healthy fun.

I remember those days you only get internet access from cyber cafe. Those days we will go to a cafe spend hours just to be in Nairaland. It was like dat because u get well entertained by great posts, comments and arguments. If it used to be like it is today, who will go to a cafe, buy airtime, spend hours only to be insulted. We deserve better treatment for our hard earned data bundle and time.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 13, 2016
Well, Op, despite the fact that all you've said is true... One thing you have to understand is Change is Constant... dont expect Nairaland of 2010 to be same with 2015 and with the pace at which technology is advancing, sex seems to be the talk of the day ( even 12 yr olds who dont have phones know stuff about it to an extent ), so dont be suprised by what you see in romance section...... My only issue is that there's much bias on this forum, i joined just last year and have already been entreated to so much insult/curses hurled at the igbo, but nothing's done about it, when some igbo folks reply, banning begins....Same goes for the religion dept. The section i've enjoy most is the sports dept. b'cos of the jokes and trolls in it (we also have some genius nigerian coaches there) smiley ..... I've learnt within this short stay on NL to turn a deaf ear to certain things being done here and i think you should do the same Op.... have a nice day wink
Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by Feshizzy(m): 2:40pm On Apr 13, 2016
Mynd44:

It has been
Could you help me change my username?
Thanks in advance
Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
Nice one op. I'm disappointed how the mods in romance section have been handling some of these 'e-warriors'
Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by Psoul(m): 4:37pm On Apr 13, 2016
GloryIsaac:
Well, Op, despite the fact that all you've said is true... One thing you have to understand is Change is Constant... dont expect Nairaland of 2010 to be same with 2015 and with the pace at which technology is advancing, sex seems to be the talk of the day ( even 12 yr olds who dont have phones know stuff about it to an extent ), so dont be suprised by what you see in romance section...... My only issue is that there's much bias on this forum, i joined just last year and have already been entreated to so much insult/curses hurled at the igbo, but nothing's done about it, when some igbo folks reply, banning begins....Same goes for the religion dept. The section i've enjoy most is the sports dept. b'cos of the jokes and trolls in it (we also have some genius nigerian coaches there) smiley ..... I've learnt within this short stay on NL to turn a deaf ear to certain things being done here and i think you should do the same Op.... have a nice day wink

Thanks for your comment. If u read the post very well you'll see that I was not talking of just romance and sex.

My major concern was dat of insult to human beings, their tribes, religion and political affiliations. I also talked of disparity in treatments of people's posts. I said some people will be banned for posting same thing someone else posted and was celebrated even by the same Mod that banned the other member. This makes it obvious that some tribes are not needed in the network. If there are rules, enforce it fairly.

These are the issues I want corrected. Thanks.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by SycophanticGoat: 6:01pm On Apr 13, 2016
Mynd44:

Any post that is seemingly offensive can be reported and WILL be treated

I have reported on several occasions and the mod (don't know if it's you) will end up editing both my post and that of the person reported, instead of banning the offender. On several ocassions you have also banned me for comments I didn't make. undecided

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 13, 2016
Psoul:

Thanks for your comment. If u read the post very well you'll see that I was not talking of just romance and sex.

My major concern was dat of insult to human beings, their tribes, religion and political affiliations. I also talked of disparity in treatments of people's posts. I said some people will be banned for posting same thing someone else posted and was celebrated even by the same Mod that banned the other member. This makes it obvious that some tribes are not needed in the network. If there are rules, enforce it fairly.

These are the issues I want corrected. Thanks.

We're on the same page here... but this is a case of "you can have your say, we'll have our way" .... The bias doesn't look like it'll end anytime soon despite calls against it, so its better to turn a deaf ear to such things... #peace.
Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by Seun(m): 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2016
SycophanticGoat:
On several ocassions you have also banned me for comments I didn't make. undecided
mynd44, what's your take on it?
Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by Mynd44: 6:56pm On Apr 13, 2016
Seun:
mynd44, what's your take on it?
An error ONCE
Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by searchng4love: 7:10pm On Apr 13, 2016
mynd44 I commend your alertness and efficiency even though I feel there's still room for improvement... I don't envy you.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by joseph1832(m): 7:34pm On Apr 13, 2016
daretodiffer:

Good morning sir, you need to extend rule 2 to include abuse on the basis of gender. You cannot make rules that ban people who insult/abuse other tribes but exclude abuse and derogatory statements that are aimed at a specific sex. I do not deserve to be insulted because I have breasts and vagina. I am human and I deserve to be treated as such.In fact such threads and statements are enough to amount to provocation under rule 2 angry.
As usual! Another fallacy, appealing to seun's emotion isn't gonna work eh.

Rule two is stated clearly: "Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBE" Nairaland members equally mean both male and female members.

So please stop playing the victim card! If you're insulted because you possess breast and vagina, report, and stop appealing to people's emotion.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Mr. Seun by joseph1832(m): 7:40pm On Apr 13, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
Nice one op. I'm disappointed how the mods in romance section have been handling some of these 'e-warriors'
I hope the e-warriors also involve you and your crew?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get The Etisalat Free Browsing Cheat 5GB DATA On Your Etisalat Sim Cards / Photo – Doctor Caught On Camera Defiling Women During Abortion In Theatre Room / See What Fake Breast Implant Company Do To Women, Founder Faces Jail In France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.