Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,901 members, 7,799,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Have You Been Betrayed Before? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Been Betrayed Before? (1988 Views)

Have I Betrayed My Husband?i Only Wanted To Have Some Fun / My Wife Betrayed My Trust On Her. Help!!!! / Betrayed By My Blood Sister And Fiance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Been Betrayed Before? by memyselfandI: 10:36am On Apr 13, 2016
Good morning all, I am typing this with tears in my eyes. I have just been betrayed by someone I took as a friend. The person betrayed me for selfish reasons and personal gain.

You know when you pour out your challenges, and someone pretends to lend you a listening ear, only for that same person to go behind and give you a deadly stab. A COMPLETE betrayal of trust, one you never expected, no, one you didn't believe can happen.

It's not as if I completely trusted this person. I had my doubts, but I wanted to give this individual the benefit of doubt. All I can say is "I have learnt my lesson". I shall rise above this predicament. I shall survive this brutal betrayal.

Sorry for my rant, back to the question: Have you ever been betrayed before? How did you cope?

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by Nixiepie(f): 11:17am On Apr 13, 2016
That's why is good to put ur trust in urself and God alone,man is bound to fail no matter what,and yea av been betrayed so many times,buh life most go on ,gat not time for bullshiitts

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by Dyt(f): 11:22am On Apr 13, 2016
I don't think anyone here has escaped betrayal
We just have to deal with it and move on
I have been batteredly betrayed
My trust has been amended that it can't even glue again grin grin

I have seen it all but we learn to manage it and become better
Ndo
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by jashar(f): 12:48pm On Apr 13, 2016
Op, Pele oooo. this is life where sh*t happens.
I have learnt in this life not to completely trust anyone. Even when I trust, I just have it at the back of my mind that that person has the ability to hurt me bad.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by gidjah(m): 4:45pm On Apr 13, 2016
jashar:
Op, Pele oooo. this is life where sh*t happens.
I have learnt in this life not to completely trust anyone. Even when I trust, I just have it at the back of my mind that that person has the ability to hurt me bad.
you just like me ma'am,I gat disappointment and betrayal daily,this partly because I trust. Every one around or rather put,I love giving. Every one around me a lil benefit and advantage.but once u Mis behave I dump u out.My temperament too is really not helping in that line.Love to be alone and by my self but if you come close ,why not,I shall surprise you with all the comfort at my disposal,I can sell all my comfort just to please you even when it hurts,and thus lots of people usually take that advantage over me.But God has been helpful sha

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by goldbim(f): 6:03pm On Apr 13, 2016
Awwww,pele dearie..it happens..the truth is there's no true friend anywhere,not that they really care, they are only interested in details as a topic for their gossip...it could be painful but life goes on!!be a friend to yourself...
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by mencade5(m): 6:44pm On Apr 13, 2016
Dyt:
I don't think anyone here has escaped betrayal We just have to deal with it and move on I have been batteredly betrayed My trust has been amended that it can't even glue again grin grin
I have seen it all but we learn to manage it and become better Ndo
u don turn man abi??
Ok Corn-tea-new
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by Dyt(f): 6:53pm On Apr 13, 2016
mencade5:
u don turn man abi??

Ok
Corn-tea-new

You don marry?
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by mencade5(m): 7:24pm On Apr 13, 2016
Dyt:

You don marry?
no. U want marry me?
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by jashar(f): 8:31pm On Apr 13, 2016
gidjah:
you just like me ma'am,I gat disappointment and betrayal daily,this partly because I trust. Every one around or rather put,I love giving. Every one around me a lil benefit and advantage.but once u Mis behave I dump u out.My temperament too is really not helping in that line.Love to be alone and by my self but if you come close ,why not,I shall surprise you with all the comfort at my disposal,I can sell all my comfort just to please you even when it hurts,and thus lots of people usually take that advantage over me.But God has been helpful sha

my dear, what can we do? Just keep loving and giving as always. I can't count how many times I've put myself out for people only for those same people to treat me with disdain. No wahala now, we live, we learn and we love.
The confidence I have is that God can never betray me.
As long as I have God, I tanda gidiba. No shaking. cheesy

But in all fairness, there are still those friends that bring a smile to my heart and are loyal to the nines. I'm blessed to have genuine friends in my life. Sincerely. kiss

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by Dyt(f): 8:43pm On Apr 13, 2016
mencade5:
no. U want marry me?
I can't be with an abusive partner
Thank you
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by memyselfandI: 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2016
goldbim:
Awwww,pele dearie..it happens..the truth is there's no true friend anywhere,not that they really care, they are only interested in details as a topic for their gossip...it could be painful but life goes on!!be a friend to yourself...

Exactly, they pretend to care so as to extract details for their gossip, and they will continue to ask for more details so as to "help" you.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by memyselfandI: 10:16pm On Apr 13, 2016
jashar:

my dear, what can we do? Just keep loving and giving as always. I can't count how many times I've put myself out for people only for those same people to treat me with disdain. No wahala now, we live, we learn and we love.

But in all fairness, there are still those friends that bring a smile to my heart and are loyal to the nines. I'm blessed to have genuine friends in my life. Sincerely. kiss

I really don't keep close friends because from experience I have found them not trustworthy, pretentious and jealous. I prefer casual acquitance, if the person wants to get too close, I stylishly withdraw to avoid "stories that touch". This time around I let my guards down, and I was unfortunately stabbed. I am still in shock, how can people change easily?

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by gidjah(m): 11:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
jashar:

hmmm great and nice to hear that true friends still exist out there,but as for me...i really do not have friends o!,partly because I ain't the Going out' type,would you believe I have never been to a party before?!thats weird abi?,but its the truth o, this crowd thing gets me un comfortable thus I seem to always wanna run away from social gatherings.But if na book levels,I dey try,I can be ME and that BEST ME! but social......no way!!all those caused me to stay out of friendship and majorly because I prefer indoor things,no crowd,But on the average,I can be fun to be with,no lady ever regrets been with me,I shall sure go to any length to keep you comfortable and that's my joy,that whosoever passes tru me gets imparted positively .

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by goldbim(f): 7:41am On Apr 14, 2016
memyselfandI:

Exactly, they pretend to care so as to extract details for their gossip, and they will continue to ask for more details so as to "help" you.
such is life..my dear,let GO and let GOD.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by jashar(f): 9:24am On Apr 14, 2016
gidjah:
hmmm great and nice to hear that true friends still exist out there,but as for me...i really do not have friends o!,partly because I ain't the Going out' type,would you believe I have never been to a party before?!thats weird abi?,but its the truth o, this crowd thing gets me un comfortable thus I seem to always wanna run away from social gatherings.But if na book levels,I dey try,I can be ME and that BEST ME! but social......no way!!all those caused me to stay out of friendship and majorly because I prefer indoor things,no crowd,But on the average,I can be fun to be with,no lady ever regrets been with me,I shall sure go to any length to keep you comfortable and that's my joy,that whosoever passes tru me gets imparted positively .

My dear, I'm not so social either. Party ke? For what na? The only party I've attended is fresher's orientation in my part 1. grin that was in 2008. The few good friends I have are school friends that still stick like aka gum. They've didn't leave when I was jobless, they encouraged me, they didn't scorn when my engagement was called off, they celebrated me and made me feel precious. The other set of loyal friends I have I met during NYSC. Words fail me to describe how much they mean to me.
I don't make friends easy, but when I do, I'm very loyal. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by jashar(f): 9:35am On Apr 14, 2016
memyselfandI:

I really don't keep close friends because from experience I have found them not trustworthy, pretentious and jealous. I prefer casual acquitance, if the person wants to get too close, I stylishly withdraw to avoid "stories that touch". This time around I let my guards down, and I was unfortunately stabbed. I am still in shock, how can people change easily?

My dear, if you want friends, show yourself friendly no need to run naaa grin. Lord knows pretence is far from me that's why I've got a few loyal peeps. If as a person, you're not pretentious, it won't take long to weed out fake people from your life.
'sides, trust they say is earned. I make sure they earn my trust; the small one I'm giving them. grin. Which took years....
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by memyselfandI: 11:49am On Apr 14, 2016
jashar:

My dear, if you want friends, show yourself friendly no need to run naaa grin. Lord knows pretence is far from me that's why I've got a few loyal peeps. If as a person, you're not pretentious, it won't take long to weed out fake people from your life.
'sides, trust they say is earned. I make sure they earn my trust; the small one I'm giving them. grin. Which took years....

I am friendly, but don't go overboard. The catch is that I can easily detect a fake person. Due to this, I wont spend so much time with such a person because all I will see written over that person is "FAKE".

I am not trying to paint myself as a saint, but once my intuition tells me that someone is not real, on the long run it turns out to be true. My conscience will not allow me backstab a friend, what joy will I derive?
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by EfemenaXY: 9:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
Dyt:
I don't think anyone here has escaped betrayal
We just have to deal with it and move on
I have been batteredly betrayed
My trust has been amended that it can't even glue again grin grin

I have seen it all but we learn to manage it and become better
Ndo

Since when did you become an (m)? grin
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by Dyt(f): 10:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Since when did you become an (m)? grin

Wants to know what it feels like to be a boy
If I was just a boy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by Sijo01(f): 8:52am On Apr 15, 2016
memyselfandI:
Good morning all, I am typing this with tears in my eyes. I have just been betrayed by someone I took as a friend. The person betrayed me for selfish reasons and personal gain.

You know when you pour out your challenges, and someone pretends to lend you a listening ear, only for that same person to go behind and give you a deadly stab. A COMPLETE betrayal of trust, one you never expected, no, one you didn't believe can happen.

It's not as if I completely trusted this person. I had my doubts, but I wanted to give this individual the benefit of doubt.
All I can say is "I have learnt my lesson". I shall rise above this predicament. I shall survive this brutal betrayal.

Sorry for my rant, back to the question: Have you ever been betrayed before? How did you cope?

@bold, you saw it coming. The pain of the betrayal will be less compare to when you're taken by surprise.

I've been there, trust me, I never saw it coming. I am still surprised and in doubt how people can easily lay down the trust bestowed on them for personal gain and favour.

How did I cope? The matter took me out of the environment for one month and I formatted my memory of anything concerning that environment. The calls and support from people there helped a lot. I took a trip out of the state to unwind. I came back after one month glowing and a better person. I never made reference to what happened nor let it show in me. Two months later, the 'architect' left the environment.

#Godwin# so, brace up and hold your head up high!
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by Sijo01(f): 8:57am On Apr 15, 2016
Dyt, (m) This woman will never seize to amaze me embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by Dyt(f): 9:24am On Apr 15, 2016
Sijo01:
Dyt, (m) This woman will never seize to amaze me embarassed

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? by memyselfandI: 9:54am On Apr 15, 2016
Sijo01:

@bold, you saw it coming. The pain of the betrayal will be less compare to when you're taken by surprise.

I've been there, trust me, I never saw it coming. I am still surprised and in doubt how people can easily lay down the trust bestowed on them for personal gain and favour.

How did I cope? The matter took me out of the environment for one month and I formatted my memory of anything concerning that environment. The calls and support from people there helped a lot. I took a trip out of the state to unwind. I came back after one month glowing and a better person. I never made reference to what happened nor let it show in me. Two months later, the 'architect' left the environment.

#Godwin# so, brace up and hold your head up high!

I like your spirit.

(1) (Reply)

Sad Story Of Emmanuel Eboue: “from Riches To Rags” / Help!!! My Wedding Is About To Crash / Help!! I'm Going Crazy!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.