Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara (11050 Views)

2018 Budget: Dogara Reveals Why Buhari’s Proposal May Suffer Delay / No Money Misappropriated In 2016 Budget – Dogara / NASS Will Not Override President’s Veto On 2016 Budget —dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by emamos: 3:40pm On Apr 13, 2016
The House of Representatives has resolved to review the controversial 2016 budget.
This is contrary to the position of the Senate on Tuesday that foreclosed a revisit of the document.
The decision was announced by the Speaker, Yakubu Dogara after a two hour executive session where various opinions were said to have been raised.
Dogara said the decision of the House was necessitated by the prevailing economic situation facing the country.
“In view of the prevailing economic situation and in the interest of our people, we have resolved to reexamine the budget with a view of ironing out any differences with the executive.
“This is for the overall interest of the country in order to have a workable budget that is implementable.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/we-will-reexamine-the-budget-dogara/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by emamos: 3:41pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ok
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by ricsman(m): 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2016
till then, tell them the truth.
the truth be told the problem is emanating from house of Rep. The House chairman on Appropriations, Jibrin
Abdulmunin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Kyase(m): 3:53pm On Apr 13, 2016
Dogara dey find trouble with saraki ko?
Very soon the fight will be between house of reps and the Senate, anything wey happen sha, I believe in Buhari and I can wait.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by kahal29: 4:04pm On Apr 13, 2016
Kyase:
Dogara dey find trouble with saraki ko?
Very soon the fight will be between house of reps and the Senate, anything wey happen sha, I believe in Buhari and I can wait.

My brother Dogara is a better politician than Saraki. I have been following him keenly. He picks his fights carefully and believes so much in give and take.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Topleague(m): 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
God bless you Dogara, you have shown that you are not selfish. kudos

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by omowolewa: 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
kahal29:

My brother Dogara is better politician than Saraki. I have been following him keenly. He picks his fights carefully and believes so much in give and take.
You nailed it!

There is no need drawing an unnecessary battle lines out of petty issue which should have been party Affairs ordinarily. If you are not supporting your party [APC] polices you're against them.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Jorussia(m): 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
APC is more organised in d house of reps than in the Senate.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Jirate(m): 4:10pm On Apr 13, 2016
APC, Listen and Listen Good. I am not one of your fans but let me Advise you about the Lagos to Calabar Rail Project. "Put it back" into this Year's Budget as Quickly as you can, Edo and Ondo States Gubernatorial Elections are Fixed for September 10 and November 26 this Year. If this Laudable Project is Scuttled, in Conjunction with other Perceived Failures of APC in Nigeria now generally, it is "Good Night" APC in Edo and Ondo States Respectively, Period. "A Word is Enough for the Wise" shocked shocked shocked shocked :

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Kyase(m): 4:15pm On Apr 13, 2016
kahal29:

My brother Dogara is better politician than Saraki. I have been following him keenly. He picks his fights carefully and believes so much in give and take.
Not as greedy as saraki....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by IVORY2009(m): 4:31pm On Apr 13, 2016
Is okay, Buhari and gang can not have a rest of mind!
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Luckylife(m): 4:32pm On Apr 13, 2016
Rocket science almighty APC budget of change 2016.

1 Like

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by maupe: 4:33pm On Apr 13, 2016
Just to play the devil's advocate, the HOR have extended a hand of friendship and peace to the Executive. I expect the Executive to return the favour, by admitting their errors and ineptitude ( No one is perfect). The President, should now accept this token of friendship and input the new additions into a supplementary budget, and thus pass the 2016 budget into effect, while the NASS reviews and peruses through the remaining errors in the budget

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by maupe: 4:36pm On Apr 13, 2016
omowolewa:

You nailed it!

There is no need drawing an unnecessary battle lines out of petty issue which should have been party Affairs ordinarily. If you are against your party [APC] you're against them.
You and your friend are wrong. Dogara is more subtle, but Saraki is more meticulous, strategic and more dogged. Saraki is a far better politician than Dogara. Dogara got to the post of speaker by chance and luck, Saraki got here by planning, scheming and determination.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by omowolewa: 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2016
Which kind death be that? I reject it In Jesus Name.

See this man o! My name no dey CBN list, I no follow Dasuki chop money, Société Générale no give me loan! Wetin con be my own?
maupe:

You and your friend are dead on arrivial. Dogara is more subtle, but Saraki is more meticulous, strategic and more dogged. Saraki is a far better politician than Dogara. Dogara got to the post of speaker by chance and luck, Saraki got here by planning, scheming and determination.

8 Likes

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2016
That is the right thing to do

3 Likes

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2016
The President should take a cue from this by getting down from his high horse and pen his signature to the budget. Provisions can then be made for the Lagos-Calabar rail in a supplementary budget. We have had enough of this ping-pong of blames between both arms of government.

1 Like

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by maupe: 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2016
omowolewa:
Which kind death be that? I reject it In Jesus Name.

See this man o! My name no dey CBN list, I no follow Dasuki chop money, Société Générale ni give me loan! Wetin con be my own?
You and your friend are wrong. Dogara is more subtle, but Saraki is more meticulous, strategic and more dogged. Saraki is a far better politician than Dogara. Dogara got to the post of speaker by chance and luck, Saraki got here by planning, scheming and determination.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by seunmsg(m): 5:17pm On Apr 13, 2016
Jorussia:
APC is more organised in d house of reps than in the Senate.

Truth be told, APC has lost control of the senate to PDP. A significant number of APC members in the senate have aligned with PDP senators to create problems for the president. Except the president and the party leadership do something urgently to arrest the matter, things may get out of hand very soon.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Raddie(m): 5:24pm On Apr 13, 2016
bejeiodus:
The President should take a cue from this by getting down from his high horse and pen his signature to the budget. Provisions can then be made for the Lagos-Calabar rail in a supplementary budget. We have had enough of this ping-pong of blames between both arms of government.

What now happens to the so called floating billions?
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Goke7: 5:24pm On Apr 13, 2016
maupe:
Just to play the devil's advocate, the HOR have extended a hand of friendship and peace to the Executive. I expect the Executive to return the favour, by admitting their errors and ineptitude ( No one is perfect). The President, should now accept this token of friendship and input the new additions into a supplementary budget, and thus pass the 2016 budget into effect, while the NASS reviews and peruses through the remaining errors in the budget
Supplementary budget? Excuse me are you aware that the present budget isca deficit one, so you want the debt profile to go up, no need of supplementary nonsense, the lawmakers should reallocate the money they have allocated to town halls and keks marwa to the needed infrastructure of relevance. Thanks

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by mrsoledale: 5:26pm On Apr 13, 2016
i too
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 13, 2016
NIGERIANS keep watching and wailing and lamenting and zombie-ing while retards embezzle the life-blood of Nigeria. BUHARI cannot admit that the Cost of Governance is killing Nigeria and that his friends and party and fellow past presidents have depended on an 90-10 sharing formula 90% for their pockets, 10% for Nigerians
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by olagamalin(m): 5:28pm On Apr 13, 2016
Jirate:
APC, Listen and Listen Good. I am not one of your fans but let me Advise you about the Lagos to Calabar Rail Project. "Put it back" into this Year's Budget as Quickly as you can, Edo and Ondo States Gubernatorial Elections are Fixed for September 10 and November 26 this Year. If this Laudable Project is Scuttled, in Conjunction with other Perceived Failures of APC in Nigeria now generally, it is "Good Night" APC in Edo and Ondo States Respectively, Period. "A Word is Enough for the Wise" shocked shocked shocked shocked :
Ooh pls

1 Like

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by Sasuwa(f): 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
Apc are bunch of bastard

1 Like

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by ElCapone(m): 5:31pm On Apr 13, 2016
kahal29:

broz u on point

2 Likes

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by sexymoma(f): 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2016
If una like make una re-common entrance am angry
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by AlexCk: 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2016
How long will they keep examining and reexamining this budget ??

1 Like

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by modath(f): 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2016
Dogara is a Team Player.

1 Like

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by gbens2000(m): 5:35pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ghen ghen ghen,trailer loading..........
Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:36pm On Apr 13, 2016
If You Do Me I Do You, Man No Go Vex. grin grin grin

Re: We Will Reexamine The Budget – Dogara by maupe: 5:37pm On Apr 13, 2016
Goke7:

Supplementary budget? Excuse me are you aware that the present budget isca deficit one, so you want the debt profile to go up, no need of supplementary nonsense, the lawmakers should reallocate the money they have allocated to town halls and keks marwa to the needed infrastructure of relevance. Thanks
The senators, be they Northerners or Southerners have every right to navigate the budget in the allocation of resources towards needs that will help their reelection campaign. That is politics

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Set Of Elders Back Ogah, Demand Ogah's Inauguration / Ebonyi State 2017 Democracy Praise Night. / Jimi Agbaje Speaks On His Nomination As PDP Governoship Flag Bearer In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.