Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) (19784 Views)

NUC Approves Borno State University / NUC Approves Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree / NUC Approves University Of Africa For Bayelsa As 43rd State University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by FANE4Naija: 6:43am On Apr 14, 2016
northvietnam:
But whyy did they Arrest Him with out proper investigation
Thats so wicked of them.

All these security men are Silly

Ok
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by mandax: 6:46am On Apr 14, 2016
State government university in partnership with yet to be named partners.
Hopefully, Imo state government is the major partner and main sponsor.

Imo state remains for long an exceptional state in Nigeria with all its three government universities and two polytechnics located all in or neatest the state capital.

This has for ages promoted a lopsided distribution of graduates from tertiary education institutions that favours only the zone where all the tertiary education institutions are located.

Kudos for Rochas Okorocha for this.

1 Like

Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by Faber(m): 6:46am On Apr 14, 2016
Chisoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos!
Okoroawusa don come again o. Owelle must you lither Imo with abandoned projects.
Who you dey even abandon all these projects.
I pity your successor.

2 Likes

Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by silkytouch(m): 6:50am On Apr 14, 2016
Getting a license to start a new University, while the state owned University (IMSU) has been on strike since 3 weeks now, owing to his insensitivity to things that really concern the people he is governing.

Rochas always thinking about his own benefits and no other person's.

3 Likes

Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by northvietnam(m): 6:54am On Apr 14, 2016
FANE4Naija:

Ok

Ok what....

Ok that Arresting him was good
Or
Or that the Moi moi is not tasteless and watery
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 14, 2016
I don't think we should be building new universities now....that we do not have the cash to do so.

Unless...this new uni is ready to charge fees as high as N500,000 yearly.

Sorry....but Imo is adding another financial liability to its burdens.
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by Dbboy(m): 6:58am On Apr 14, 2016
DonMaxxy:
Okoroawusa decieving Imolites since 19B4B4.

You think people dont know you. We know it is your own private university. That was how you sold Imo Conorde hotel to yourself.

Chairman of League of roundabout constructing governors worldwide.(LRCG).

Martin Agbaso, you no try at all to have brought this pharisee to Imo state.

Thank God I aint Imolite.

C

Then what is your problem, let Imo be we like it the way it is.
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by Presidiotbuhari: 7:09am On Apr 14, 2016
When will okoroawusa attract FDI like other state governors. When will he bring the rich imolites who are scattered all over the country and beyond to come and establish their business and company in imo state. When will the political neophyte, okoroawusa start building ultra modern market for teaming imolites who could not secure white collar job after many years of graduation from poorly equiped substandard university scattered all over imo state. Or when will the ingratuese political prostitute key into the agricultural revolution sweeping through most of the states.

It is a fatal mistake made by imolites in voting such a clawnish clown into governance
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by Ojayk(m): 7:14am On Apr 14, 2016
The buildings hurriedly built for the relocation of imsu by Rochas at ogboko his village and was later renamed imo-European university finally ended as Imo palm university owed by Imo state and stakeholders.
What percentage is Imo state stake? Who are the other stakeholders? At what point did the stakeholders join the venture?
Also what are the prevailing administrative and academic conditions existing in state owed institutions like Imo poly umuagwo and Imo state university, are they now model institutions that Imo state now has to invest in creating a new university umuagwo?
That the new licensed institution is a PALM university naturally makes it a palm produce research institute. Was there no existing agricultural departments in already existing state owned institutions to handle such area of interest.
We know of Rochas love for lands and palm produce, let's all believe this was not done to promote that personal interest of his. Being that he is getting the state into another huge liability by engaging in the venture at the last lap of his administration.
Certainly Imo must get better someday. Till that day comes, we all should continue in prayers and not slumber. It's well.
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by ogawisdom(m): 7:17am On Apr 14, 2016
Rochas must b d highest share holder of this university
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by ngmgeek(m): 7:24am On Apr 14, 2016
Okoro Awusa. Always looking for where to spend money so he will get kick back.

Pay your workers their salary first. lipsrsealed
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by mandax: 7:25am On Apr 14, 2016
Ojayk:
The buildings hurriedly built for the relocation of imsu by Rochas at ogboko his village and was later renamed imo-European university finally ended as Imo palm university owed by Imo state and stakeholders.
What percentage is Imo state stake? Who are the other stakeholders? At what point did the stakeholders join the venture?
Also what are the prevailing administrative and academic conditions existing in state owed institutions like Imo poly umuagwo and Imo state university, are they now model institutions that Imo state now has to invest in creating a new university umuagwo?
That the new licensed institution is a PALM university naturally makes it a palm produce research institute. Was there no existing agricultural departments in already existing state owned institutions to handle such area of interest.
We know of Rochas love for lands and palm produce, let's all believe this was not done to promote that personal interest of his. Being that he is getting the state into another huge liability by engaging in the venture at the last lap of his administration.
Certainly Imo must get better someday. Till that day comes, we all should continue in prayers and not slumber. It's well.
.Should have been ideal to transfer IMSU to this new facility in Ogboko.
IMSG should have ignored those landlords in Owerri who milk students dry through high rents.
The landlords fight every Imo government that contemplated the transfer of IMSU from Owerri.
They ignore the abnormality in having all the five universities and politechnics in Imo state in or nearest Owerri.

They regard places outside Owerri as inconsequential in the state.

Owerri is overchoked with students population and with all the social problems associated.

In future, as the too many universities and politechnics in Owerri expand - as they must do - like all tertiary education institutions do, Imo state may have no choice than spending all of its annual earnings providing infrastructure and social services in Owerri alone, thus have the rest of the state remain underdeveloped as they are today.

2 Likes

Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by Elexdallas(m): 7:29am On Apr 14, 2016
Evergreen4:
Will they employs us
.u are nt qualified
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:33am On Apr 14, 2016
Leopantro:
Two state universities?
What is bad in having to state universities. Ogun state has 2 state universities which are, OOU and TASUED

1 Like

Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by donbenedict(m): 7:35am On Apr 14, 2016
Some kyn stvpid names people give to universities these days...
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by Ameen964(m): 7:35am On Apr 14, 2016
Pavore9:

It won't be abandoned it is in his hometown!

Fortunately or unfortunately your vote is not relevant. He can be president if that's the wish of Nigerians whose votes determine who becomes president. Just like in 2015 so shall it be in 2019. I see an Igbo becoming president of this country without the support of his people. Your hate for Okorocha is simply because he decided to shun tribal politics and has been reaching out to other parts of the country which you so much hate for no justifiable reason. Ride on Okorocha, if it's the will of God you will be president and no mere mortal can stop that. You destiny is certainly in the hands of God Almighty.

1 Like

Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by cele360: 7:44am On Apr 14, 2016
will the school fess be affordable? let it not like the one Edo state govt built o, am just asking, the one built in Edo state is also partnered by private with govt, the fees is not less than #500,000
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by Pavore9: 7:48am On Apr 14, 2016
Ameen964:

Fortunately or unfortunately your vote is not relevant. He can be president if that's the wish of Nigerians whose votes determine who becomes president. Just like in 2015 so shall it be in 2019. I see an Igbo becoming president of this country without the support of his people. Your hate for Okorocha is simply because he decided to shun tribal politics and has been reaching out to other parts of the country which you so much hate for no justifiable reason. Ride on Okorocha, if it's the will of God you will be president and no mere mortal can stop that. You destiny is certainly in the hands of God Almighty.

Did my post in anywhere mention his Presidential ambition? I am an Imolite born and raised in Lagos, my family has created wealth in the South-West for which l am eternally grateful to God for, so l see good in people outside my tribe. Whether Okorocha chooses to reach out to other parts of the country or not, how does that add value to my life's journey? His ambition maybe to be the President some day but my own ambition is to set up Apple orchards across Imo State, so we are on different lanes! Even Okorocha who you deify will want to identify with the project!

1 Like

Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by Leopantro: 7:49am On Apr 14, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

What is bad in having to state universities. Ogun state has 2 state universities which are, OOU and TASUED

What is the state of the first state University
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by jmand(m): 7:55am On Apr 14, 2016
Congrats Rochass, and Imo in general
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by bigbrighthology(m): 8:08am On Apr 14, 2016
Please friends am seriously in need of an intelligent and visionary and God. Fearing girl who is into medical field, Dr, Nursing, Surgion etc for a serious relationship. I know it may sound akward using this medium but all I care is result and what works not d medium it came. Here is my BB pin 334B1C46. I live in lagos and am a graduate of Linguistics and Comm. Work @ FPL/RF MM, Inter Airport. Thanks oh let's I forget am Bright by name.
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by Evergreen4(m): 8:25am On Apr 14, 2016
Elexdallas:
.u are nt qualified
Mr perfect, thanks for drawing my attention to the mistake.
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by wilcox(m): 8:42am On Apr 14, 2016
Pavore9:

It won't be abandoned it is in his hometown!
My brother I pray o. But come to think of it does the state really need that,,?
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by madenigga(m): 8:46am On Apr 14, 2016
aieromon:
Why are states investing in more universities?
Imo state needs at least 5 universities, d tertiary institutions there re not enuf for the indigenes.

2 Likes

Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by Nempi(m): 8:50am On Apr 14, 2016
Building a private university with state funds in his village while the state owned University is on strike with several departments facing accreditation issues? Lord! what did Imolites do to deserve this Pharoah of a governor?
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by phykel(m): 8:51am On Apr 14, 2016
More Olosho producing institution.IMSU is the only university in this country that officially runs a course in Prostitution.Graduants awarded various Class of the degree from 1st class down to Pass.

1 Like

Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by stevnwigw: 9:09am On Apr 14, 2016
let me dust my cv asap MSc fisheries and hydrobiology .
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by aieromon(m): 9:15am On Apr 14, 2016
madenigga:

Imo state needs at least 5 universities, d tertiary institutions there re not enuf for the indigenes.

Alvan Ikoku College Of Education, Owerri

Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri

Federal University Of Technology, Owerri

Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo

Imo State University, Owerri

How many of these indigienes will be able to afford the school fees of a PPP university?

1 Like

Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by diegwu01: 9:17am On Apr 14, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
A Private University built by Rochas from State Government's Treasury..

Chai
Rochas was richer than Imo State b4 he became Governor
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by ibadanfinest(m): 9:18am On Apr 14, 2016
madenigga:

There is a huge difference btw demand for skuls in IMO state and demand for education by imolites. How many imolites are choosing IMSU, Futo compare to those choosing UNN, Unizik and even skuls in the southwest. Imsu esp is just like a second option when there first choice skul refuses to give them admission.

I stay in IMO for a year and I believe the presence of tertiary institution is lopsided but I assure you instead of new varsity the existing one should be expanded or unbundled. Imsu can have faculty of education at Mbaise, they already have imsuth at orlu, and other faculty in different zone.

Imsu is too small to be called a tertiary institution in terms of land mass and infrastructure.

I see no sense in establishing new varsity. Establishing new varsity could have been more feasible in industrialized Anambra as oppose a civil servant state called IMO.
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by diegwu01: 9:19am On Apr 14, 2016
Nempi:
Building a private university with state funds in his village while the state owned University is on strike with several departments facing accreditation issues? Lord! what did Imolites do to deserve this Pharoah of a governor?
Can you prove this?
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 14, 2016
Olukologia:
Instead of building new, why not rebuild and equip de ones on ground. So dat everything will not just be on half level. Anyways another billions from de project

You have to understand how Nigerian politicians prioritize and award contracts.

1. Opportunities to steal; it is easier to steal from a fresh project that from an upgrade to an existing one because existing institutions have their people in charge of finances who will be in charge of disbursements. In a fresh project everything is handled from the centre.

2. Visibility, so you can show the electorate what you did, if you renovate another mans project, it's still another man that goes down in history as establishing the project. It is also for this reason of visibility that govts prioritise roads , because the electorate can see roads.

3. Revenue generating projects

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers / Jimoh Khairat Emerged 3rd Position In The Commonwealth Writing Contest / Non-academic Students On The Rise In Nigerian Universities- NTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.