Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,803 members, 7,802,566 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? (1243442 Views)

Safe Period / When Is "Safe Period?" / Wmans Safe Period: And How Safe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by joyjames(f): 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2006
HI,
PLS I JUST GOT MARRIED AND I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONCEIVE AND IT IS GIVING MY HUSBAND AND I CONCERN, PLS CAN U HELP ME IN CALCULATING MY SAFE PERIOD AND WHEN AM NOT SAFE THANKS

1 Like

Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by candylips(m): 1:47am On Nov 15, 2006
lol. but i think a lady is generaly safe during her menses but nt safe about 2 weeks after her menses because thats when ovulation occurs. i am not an expert but it would be nice if you go see your doctor

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by KDK(m): 4:56pm On Nov 19, 2006
Safe Period And Pregnancy

The following is the best & safe method to avoid pregnancy:-
First, one should know the duration of the cycle, i.e. first day of the last menstrual bleeding to the first day of the present menstrual bleeding. This is the duration of the menstrual cycle.

This duration varies from person to person & is usually between 26 to 31 days.

Ovulation approximately occurs in the middle of the cycle, i.e. duration of the cycle - (minus) 14 days (this also varies).

A week before and a week after the approximate day of ovulation is considered to be Fertile period.

The days apart from this is called the safe periods, where the fertilization does not takes place.

So, to calculate the safe period you must know the fertile period.

Calculation of fertile period: The shortest cycle minus 18 days=1st day of fertile period. The longest cycle minus 10 days= last day of fertile period.

Ex: if a women's menstrual cycle varies from 26days to 31days cycle,
The shortest cycle [26days] minus18days=8th day.
The longest cycle [31days] minus 10days=21st day.

Thus, 8th to 21st day of each cycle counting from first day of menstrual period is considered as fertile period.

Period other than this fertile period in a menstrual cycle is considered as SAFE PERIOD.

If one wants to avoid pregnancy avoid intercourse during fertile period. Safe period is safe for sexual activity.

Article compiled by Dr. Vidya Sagar

You could google more if you wish. I see no reason for a safe period if you are married. Children are a blessing from God and He gives as He wills. If you ain't married why not do it God's way and abstain till you get married? IT even makes ur partner appreciate you more. I think

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by ebyuc(f): 6:07pm On Nov 20, 2006
Ovulation — the release of an egg by an ovary — usually occurs about 14 days before a woman's period begins. That's why it can be difficult to predict. It may occur on day 14 of a regular 28-day menstrual cycle, but most women do not consistently have 28-day cycles. (Day one of the menstrual cycle is the first day of bleeding.) Also, women who have regular menstrual cycles may not always ovulate on the same day each month.

In total, a woman has a good chance of becoming pregnant from unprotected vaginal intercourse over the course of about seven days of her menstrual cycle — as long as six days before ovulation, the day of ovulation, and, possibly, the day after ovulation. She is less likely to become pregnant from unprotected intercourse in the day or two following ovulation, but it is possible.

One should not rely on predicting ovulation as a method of birth control because it may be very difficult to do accurately. Young women often have irregular cycles — each cycle may be of a different number of days.

Hope this information helps!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by feelgood(m): 1:05pm On Dec 04, 2006
My dear Joy James
I don't know how long you have been married that you are getting worried about not having kids
except of course it's both your decision to go for kids immediately.
For a long time, calculating your ovulation ( because that's when you can get pregnant when you and your spouse get together)
accurately has been pretty difficult; but now with the Billings method, you don't need 'scientific calculators' to get a very
accurate result - through monitoring of your body signs.

Please go get the book: Love and Life by Dr Leonie McSweeny if you are resident in Nigeria. The book is very cheap
and written in very readable and simple ways which doesn't require your giving yourself headaches b4 you understand the same.
They are available in CSS bookshops nationwide. The billings method is even particularly useful when you want to avoid 'mistakes'
during breastfeeding because menses don't occur at that time for you to predict ovulation using 'present' methods.

Remain blessed and do have a wonderful and great marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by Ndipe(m): 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2006
Billings Method is perhaps the most accurate way of knowing your 'safe' and 'unsafe' days. For more information about it, look it up on wikipedia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by mamaorga(f): 11:42am On Feb 05, 2008
U HAV TO HAV SEX ALL THE DAYS OF THE MONTH
IF U DNT GET PREGNANT
THEN U ARE GOOD TO GO
BUT IF U DO, NEXT TIME U WD KNOW WHAT TO DO tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by genie1978: 7:36am On May 29, 2008
I do know that a woman is most fertile 5 days right after her period, try that

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by buzyDiva(f): 9:46pm On May 29, 2008
Safe period don't work for everyone o.

major, major mistake be that!
Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by chika98: 2:07am On May 30, 2008
genie1978:

I do know that a woman is most fertile 5 days right after her period, try that
If anyone listens to this? They surely will get pregnant.
Poster: You are safe 10 days before your cycle and 10 days after. Ask any health care professional and they will agree with me.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by sheniqua: 3:30am On May 30, 2008
joyjames:

HI,
PLS I JUST GOT MARRIED AND I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONCEIVE AND IT IS GIVING MY HUSBAND AND I CONCERN, PLS CAN You HELP ME IN CALCULATING MY SAFE PERIOD AND WHEN AM NOT SAFE THANKS

If you desire is to be pregnant, which one is safe period again ?
Just do it as often as you can at all times,safe and unsafe
You may eventually get the result that you want assuming all other factors required are in line.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by Blatant: 12:47pm On May 30, 2008
Try this ovulation calculator

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/ovu/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by TOH(f): 5:00am On Jun 02, 2008
Would you have answered the question if it were Leilah? undecided
Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by elojudy: 8:45pm On Aug 13, 2008
hello nairalanders,drinking salt water after uprotected sex can it help prevent unwanted pregnancy? ideas please
Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by benincitys(f): 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2008
elojudy:

hello nairalanders,drinking salt water after unprotected sex can it help prevent unwanted pregnancy? ideas please
no is not preventing pregnancy, me and my girlfriends get pregnant from drinking salt water after unprotected sex  when i was 19 so my sister if you want to have sex alway use condom or  pill.
Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 21, 2008
[quote link=topic=30483.msg2652827#msg2652827 date=1218656740]
hello nairalanders,drinking salt water after uprotected sex can it help prevent unwanted pregnancy? ideas please
[quote][/quote]
Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 21, 2008
elojudy link=topic=30483.msg2652827#msg2652827 :

Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 21, 2008
elojudy :

Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by ssRhino: 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2008
Cheiiiiiiiiiiiii see doctors. and yet the world is talking about shortage of physicians?
Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 22, 2008

Cheiiiiiiiiiiiii see doctors. and yet the world is talking about shortage of physicians?
Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by guysmat(m): 9:34am On Aug 23, 2008
Download 4womenonly. It's a software to calculate the safe & unsafe periods.
You feed in the required data and it plots the monthly charts of when you should be in menses, when you should really "DO IT" and your ovulation date. Even if you have epileptic menses, as long as you feed in the first & last days of your period, the software should be able to generate a monthly chart for you. If you try & like the software, send me a mail for the unlock codes. It has a 30 days trial period.
Another thing could be that you probably haven't been to your doc for a system checkup to know if a little flushing or something else needs to be done for both of you. It could be low sperm count or the fluidity of the sperm. This could hinder sperm mobility. Your system could also be rejecting or eliminating the sperm. A lot of other physical factors do come into play here. Pls do a checkup so that the problem can be narrowed down and identified as well as solved. The issue now will be how to convince Bros to do a checkup without getting into trouble. Hope he's mature enough and you're tactful enough. Worse comes to worst, go for IVF. E dey cost sha.
Finally, as one member said earlier on, children are a gift from God. In his time (not your time), yours will come. Don't lose hope. It is well with you.
Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by Olayinkaoj(m): 10:22am On Aug 23, 2008
Download 4womenonly. It's a software to calculate the safe & unsafe periods

This is my first time is reading that there is software for safe period o. Nigerians are very vast
Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by iz2much: 10:37am On Aug 23, 2008
My dear, U will near a calculator and aFour Figured Table. that and Mail me.

Safe dear
Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by LadyT(f): 10:59am On Aug 23, 2008
undecided

Im sorry why do you want to know your safe Period when you are TRYING to get pregnant?

Shouldnt you be asking when is the best time to try and get pregnant?
Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by spben(m): 11:05am On Aug 23, 2008
My dear sister ,  i will advise you not to be disturb by this situation ,  you and your partner need to see a professionals for a proper check up and after that you need to be prayerful , we have to look at the problem from two angle the medical aspect of it and spiritual side of it , It's well with you and you husband

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by AloyEmeka9: 11:47am On Aug 23, 2008
use your cell phone calculatam now?
Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by AloyEmeka9: 11:48am On Aug 23, 2008
I'm sorry why do you want to know your safe Period when you are TRYING to get pregnant?

Shouldnt you be asking when is the best time to try and get pregnant?

Anytime can serve as long as the rod dey alive. Contact me for more info.
Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by tkukoyi: 1:43pm On Aug 23, 2008
u'd want to know ur safe period if u don't want to get pregnant,
if u want to get pregnant, what u'd be askin for is when u're most fertile and that is within 5days after the egg is released(usually at the middle of the cycle) roughly close to 10days after shedding of blood stops
Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by oge4real(f): 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2008
go buy calculator
Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by MrCrackles(m): 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2008
@poster

if you are old enough to start menstruating then you should be old enough to answer the question yourself!!
Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by Opslag(m): 2:01pm On Aug 23, 2008
oge4real:

go buy calculator

sister u hash o!
Re: How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? by oisehumen(m): 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2008
Oge and Brash, what is calculator for again? to calculate her period abi, ? u guys on nairaland will kill somebody with ur contributions one day.

Anyway, as for me sha ooo, since u are trying to get pikin, no need of knowing your safe this thing now. How una see am?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.