Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. (2538 Views)

Amnesty International - Buhari Burnt People Alive And Buried Them / President Buhari Burnt Him Alive But He Survived / Kemi Adeosun: A ‘zuwo’ Or A Nero? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by plaetton: 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
Nero was an emperor of Rome often associated with cruelty, a burning empire.

Legend has it that he fiddled while Rome burned for 6 days and 7 nights, and then later blamed the Christians, whom he ordered to be tortured and executed in the most heinous manners.

President Buhari's now weekly junkets abroad while Nigeria burns reminds us of Nero the fiddler.

After the expiration of electioneering propaganda, the air is gradually clearing.

The air is clearing that as of May 29th 2015, the Nigerian economy was not in a state of emergency.

Nigeria, like all oil dependent economies, was on track to face economic headwinds down the road.

And just like any good captain who sees strong headwinds ahead, a leader takes firm control to navigate the ship, through the strong winds, through the gathering clouds, safely to it's ultimate destination.

But what we have seen over the past 13 months is an excellent case study in ineptitude, mediocrity and INCOMPETENCE.

Normally, an opposition candidate is assumed to have a firm grasp of the economic realities of the nation. In most countries, the opposition party usually has a shadow cabinet that mimic, monitor and oversee the workings of the real cabinet or ministries.
That way, when they criticize the government in power, the people assume that they rightly know and understand what they are criticizing.

When Buhari was declared winner of the 2015 presidential elections, he had two months to form a government.
He had 2 months to assemble a transition cabinet, 2 months to set up an economic action team, 2 months to prepare himself and his chosen few to hit the ground running on May 29th 2015.

We are not sure what he did in those 2 months, except that he made a few foreign trips.

On May 30th 2015, a day after inauguration, we all expected to hear names of cabinet members and a fast start to the CHANGE agenda.
That didn't happen.

In fact, that didn't happen for another 5 months or so.

Meanwhile, the economic clock was ticking, tilting with increasing tempo, downhill.

For some really weird reasons, our president is obsessed with the notion that all of Nigerias problems lie abroad, and that only his official world tour would solve our current problems.

From May 29th 2015, it's been down, down and down for the economy, for businesses, for infrastructure, for power generation, for something as simple as buying fuel at a gas station.

Every index of living , including our hard won and slowly acquired democratic norms, has taken a dosedive over the past 11 months, and, almost every one is silent, perhaps out of embarrassment.

Today, and almost every second week, our president fiddles, or should we say, Travels, while our nation burns.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by KissCODE(m): 5:43pm On Apr 14, 2016
Well said my dear. I am tired of wailing. I can see that even chainge agents are also wailing now. Though they join wailers without purchasing original & official form.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by dukie25: 5:44pm On Apr 14, 2016
The ediot is not done yet, he has 3 more years to raise it to the ground.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by NavierStokes(m): 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
There is a reason the London stock exchange is the largest outside the USA, it affords traders an opportunity to react in the shortest possible time, based on happenings east or west.

I state this to show that when it comes to finance and economics decisions ought to be made in real time. A day' s delay could be hugely significant, then imagine at least 5 months of downtime in cabinets selection. What we have on our hands is a catastrophy, but strangely Mr president seems to think he lives in Olympus with the god's, having the luxury of time.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by UyiIredia(m): 6:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
Nigerians have entered one chance while zombies are all about laughing.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by coolscott(m): 6:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
[size=13pt]This situation further solidified my lack of respect for many a Nigerian mind as they are complaining now when they had so passionately earlier supported this.

The thing is it was clear to see that this was a terrible mistake and I didn't think it really took genius to see this.

Everything the anti-buharists said in the heat of campaigns seems to be coming true. If it was other things coming true, it would be different but it is the very same things they predicted about the president and our country that are playing out here and there now.

People who towed this line range from well known professors (like Soyinka and Prof Utomi) to colleagues and classmates whose minds I had previously placed a higher premium on.
[/size]

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by Lovelynature(m): 6:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
We all know the man isn't capable of ruling the present day Nigeria, hence we warned the Zombies but they blinded by tribalism, religion and bitter hatred they had for GEJ that they were unable to see the dangers ahead.

All Buhari will keep doing is blame the past administration, travel, blame and blame again and keep travelling to cover-up his incompetence while the zombies keep praising him even when it's clear they are dying in silence.

Nigeria has entered one chance and remains in it for the next three years or more because the demonic party APC would hardly accept defeat judging from inconclusive elections conducted in few small states let alone the upcoming general election.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by plaetton: 7:20pm On Apr 14, 2016
Yawn.

Where is Omenka when he is badly needed.

I am guessing he is cooling off in one of the many zombi rehab centers springing up all across Nigeria.

Get well soon Omenka.

8 Likes

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by plaetton: 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
Are we there yet ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by Abeymills(m): 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
Bubuhari is a disaster n take it or not he came back 4 revenge watever his plans are its going back 2him n his family omenka mr reporter Mr zombi u can go n report me yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by ElCount: 5:01pm On Sep 13, 2016
Lovelynature:
We all know the man isn't capable of ruling the present day Nigeria, hence we warned the Zombies but they blinded by tribalism, religion and bitter hatred they had for GEJ that they were unable to see the dangers ahead.

All Buhari will keep doing is blame the past administration, travel, blame and blame again and keep travelling to cover-up his incompetence while the zombies keep praising him even when it's clear they are dying in silence.

Nigeria has entered one chance and remains in it for the next three years or more because the demonic party APC would hardly accept defeat judging from inconclusive elections conducted in few small states let alone the upcoming general election.

lool! Funny thing is that he is still blaming and blaming guess very few countries want him on their soil hence the reduced junketing

4 Likes

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2016
I, the Noblezone do hereby publicly declare my love for Buhari.

His actions and inactions so far have given me hope.

Hope that this cage built by slave traders will burn down. sooner or later.

Carry on Baba, nothing do you.

Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by plaetton: 1:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
Bump
Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by drss2(m): 2:39pm On Nov 18, 2016
i suggest nollywood producers should produce a movie titled; buari dullard, the destroyer.

4 Likes

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by mrvitalis(m): 3:14pm On Nov 18, 2016
Ignorance of Nigerians are just baffling.. . So u guys will be happy if we continue to import cheap goods from outside??

The hardship u see today is because of two things, one there is no more enough oil money, two the banning of imported items we can produce

When u ban imported items, price increases and that leads to increase profit and this in turn drows in investors and then market forces forces the price down

Buhari means well for Nigeria and i am still waiting for anyone to prove me otherwise

And see ministers appointments had no effect as the perm sec became acting ministers
Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by plaetton: 3:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
mrvitalis:
Ignorance of Nigerians are just baffling.. . So u guys will be happy if we continue to import cheap goods from outside??

The hardship u see today is because of two things, one there is no more enough oil money, two the banning of imported items we can produce

When u ban imported items, price increases and that leads to increase profit and this in turn drows in investors and then market forces forces the price down

Buhari means well for Nigeria and i am still waiting for anyone to prove me otherwise

And see ministers appointments had no effect as the perm sec became acting ministers

Exactly what imported items did this government ban ?

And pls elaborate how these banned imported items are the primary cause of inflation and hardship in the country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by Authencity2012: 3:48pm On Nov 18, 2016
No change is coming.we don enter one chance vehicle.

2 Likes

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by talktimi(m): 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2016
mrvitalis:
[s]Ignorance of Nigerians are just baffling.. . So u guys will be happy if we continue to import cheap goods from outside??

And see ministers appointments had no effect as the perm sec became acting ministers[/s]

3 Likes

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by plaetton: 3:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
Bump
Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by 4Play(m): 5:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
The tragedy of Buhari is not simply his ignorance but his obliviousness of his ignorance: he not only doesn't know much about economics, but he doesn't know he doesn't know about economics. His unawareness of his naivete reminds me of the Dunning-Kruger effect:

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which low-ability individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability as much higher than it really is. Dunning and Kruger attributed this bias to a metacognitive incapacity, on the part of those with low ability, to recognize their ineptitude and evaluate their competence accurately.

Source: [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect[/url]

For his supporters, there are those who support him merely out of ethnic/religious fealty which also operates in reverse (many critics of Buhari detest his Muslim/Fulani background).

But there is a sadder demographic of supporters: those who genuinely believe or believed he will make a capable leader. Most now avoid political discussions (often to be found on tech/sports/romance threads) but a few - in a desperate bid not to lose face - still engage in remarkable contortions to defend Buhari.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by Jesusloveyou: 6:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
NavierStokes:
There is a reason the London stock exchange is the largest outside the USA, it affords traders an opportunity to react in the shortest possible time, based on happenings east or west.

I state this to show that when it comes to finance and economics decisions ought to be made in real time. A day' s delay could be hugely significant, then imagine at least 5 months of downtime in cabinets selection. What we have on our hands is a catastrophy, but strangely Mr president seems to think he lives in Olympus with the god's, having the luxury of time.
so 5month of not having his cabinet is now the reason your ineffectual buffoon stole and mismanage over 30tr naira?

1 Like

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by plaetton: 6:27pm On Feb 19, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
so 5month of not having his cabinet is now the reason your ineffectual buffoon stole and mismanage over 30tr naira?

What manner of contorted nonsense is this ? shocked

Cognitive dissonance is a terrible terrible thing.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by Jesusloveyou: 6:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
Authencity2012:
No change is coming.we don enter one chance vehicle.
since no change is coming, what wil you do now? Hang urself?

1 Like

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by plaetton: 1:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
While Other nations are Establishing technology villages all over their countries to serve as incubators of talent and technological innovations, the Nigerian government, a bunch forgotten by Time, is trying to establish Cattle colonies across the country just to APPEASE Nigerian cattle herdsmen, a globally acknowledged deadly terrorist group.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by baralatie(m): 1:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
plaetton:
Nero was an emperor of Rome often associated with cruelty, a burning empire.

Legend has it that he fiddled while Rome burned for 6 days and 7 nights, and then later blamed the Christians, whom he ordered to be tortured and executed in the most heinous manners.

President Buhari's now weekly junkets abroad while Nigeria burns reminds us of Nero the fiddler.

After the expiration of electioneering propaganda, the air is gradually clearing.

The air is clearing that as of May 29th 2015, the Nigerian economy was not in a state of emergency.

Nigeria, like all oil dependent economies, was on track to face economic headwinds down the road.

And just like any good captain who sees strong headwinds ahead, a leader takes firm control to navigate the ship, through the strong winds, through the gathering clouds, safely to it's ultimate destination.

But what we have seen over the past 13 months is an excellent case study in ineptitude, mediocrity and INCOMPETENCE.

Normally, an opposition candidate is assumed to have a firm grasp of the economic realities of the nation. In most countries, the opposition party usually has a shadow cabinet that mimic, monitor and oversee the workings of the real cabinet or ministries.
That way, when they criticize the government in power, the people assume that they rightly know and understand what they are criticizing.

When Buhari was declared winner of the 2015 presidential elections, he had two months to form a government.
He had 2 months to assemble a transition cabinet, 2 months to set up an economic action team, 2 months to prepare himself and his chosen few to hit the ground running on May 29th 2015.

We are not sure what he did in those 2 months, except that he made a few foreign trips.

On May 30th 2015, a day after inauguration, we all expected to hear names of cabinet members and a fast start to the CHANGE agenda.
That didn't happen.

In fact, that didn't happen for another 5 months or so.

Meanwhile, the economic clock was ticking, tilting with increasing tempo, downhill.

For some really weird reasons, our president is obsessed with the notion that all of Nigerias problems lie abroad, and that only his official world tour would solve our current problems.

From May 29th 2015, it's been down, down and down for the economy, for businesses, for infrastructure, for power generation, for something as simple as buying fuel at a gas station.

Every index of living , including our hard won and slowly acquired democratic norms, has taken a dosedive over the past 11 months, and, almost every one is silent, perhaps out of embarrassment.

Today, and almost every second week, our president fiddles, or should we say, Travels, while our nation burns.
back from history
Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by Throwback: 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2018
Like Jonathan, he will also be sacked by the electorate for his failure.

Barring a revolution, this continuous sacking of each failed regime, will eventually slowly lead to a better Nigeria.

This time around, we as electorates need to vote for a new face, not any of the recycled and unstable politicians now being touted.

1 Like

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by FakoMaybach1: 2:20pm On Jan 21, 2018
abeg move this to front page Mynd 44 Lalasticlala
Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by meccuno: 3:37pm On Jan 21, 2018
mrvitalis:

i guess the death of 73 people from benue has answered your question......... angry

1 Like

Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by plaetton: 5:12pm On Jan 21, 2018
mrvitalis:

Mrvitalis,

How far with your "Buhari means we'll" ?

Do you wish to retract that statement now ?
Re: The Nero Of Our Times: How Buhari Burnt Down Nigeria In Less than 3 Yrs. by mrvitalis(m): 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
plaetton:

Mrvitalis,

How far with your "Buhari means we'll" ?

Do you wish to retract that statement now ?
I still stand by it

(1) (2) (Reply)

El-rufai Has Repeatedly Blasphemed Against Jesus.Did Anybody Kill Him?Nawa Oo! / PMB Vs GEJ, Who Is A Better Manager Of Resources? / Mega PDP Rally In Owerri (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.