Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:09 PM

HELP! I Have Less Than 6 Months Validity On My Passport (nigerian♧ - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / HELP! I Have Less Than 6 Months Validity On My Passport (nigerian♧ (744 Views)

FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports / Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years / Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! I Have Less Than 6 Months Validity On My Passport (nigerian♧ by youngestmilly: 8:41pm On Apr 14, 2016
Hello, I am in Barbados right now, I am a student here in Barbados and will like to travel back to Nigeria soon. Here is the issue, I have less than six months validity on my passport and no other country's visa.

Honestly I want to travel back to Nigeria soon. What do you think I should do here? Please note that I cannot apply for any visa now except I get a new passport. The closest Nigerian Embassy is in Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaica. I would be glad to get your different ideas and opinion on what i should do. I am thinking of booking a flight to Nigeria but I am scared the six months validity rule will affect me. Let me see your views and let me knw if you need additional information. God bless you as you reply.
Re: HELP! I Have Less Than 6 Months Validity On My Passport (nigerian♧ by justwise(m): 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2016
youngestmilly:
Hello, I am in Barbados right now, I am a student here in Barbados and will like to travel back to Nigeria soon. Here is the issue, I have less than six months validity on my passport and no other country's visa.

Honestly I want to travel back to Nigeria soon. What do you think I should do here? Please note that I cannot apply for any visa now except I get a new passport. The closest Nigerian Embassy is in Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaica. I would be glad to get your different ideas and opinion on what i should do. I am thinking of booking a flight to Nigeria but I am scared the six months validity rule will affect me. Let me see your views and let me knw if you need additional information. God bless you as you reply.

Book your ticket and travel to Nigeria. Even if you have one hour left on that passport you can still travel with no issue

1 Like

Re: HELP! I Have Less Than 6 Months Validity On My Passport (nigerian♧ by youngestmilly: 10:38pm On Apr 14, 2016
Thank you
Re: HELP! I Have Less Than 6 Months Validity On My Passport (nigerian♧ by cosade(m): 4:36pm On Apr 29, 2016
youngestmilly:

It's only your country of origin that you're allowed to travel to with an expired passport. In your case, you have nothing to worry about, you even have six months validity!

(1) (Reply)

Warri No Dey Carry Last / Help On This Direction / I Need Help On Schooling Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.