Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters (15490 Views)

Who Amongst These 10 Will You Choose As "Man Of The Year"? - Sahara Reporters / Video Of President Buhari's Plane Leaving London Fake - Sahara Reporters / Cabal To Bring President Buhari Back To Nigeria On July 27th - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by masterblogger(m): 9:54pm On Apr 14, 2016
The publisher of Sahara Reporters has accused Nigeria’s Senate President, Bukola Saraki, for cloning his newspaper and stealing his brand identities to create fake versions of his website.
Sahara Reporters, a U.S.-based news website, with special focus on Nigeria, said it believed the Nigerian senate president, who is facing charges of false asset declaration, is masterminding the proliferation of imitation of cloned versions of the newspaper aimed at circulating lies to the public while disguising as Sahara Reporters.

The publisher, Omoyele Sowore, said his team had so far blocked three fake websites since January 2015. He said the faking websites were blocked from Google, Web4Africa and Twitter.

“The only one left is a Facebook account,” Mr. Sowore said.
The outstanding fake account is named Sahara Reporters Rescue.

Checks by PREMIUM TIMES showed that it had assumed the branding features of the original Sahara Reporters with insignificant modifications.
Mr. Sowore said Sahara Reporter Rescue had succeeded in deceiving about 30 thousand people while circulating contents praising and defending Mr. Saraki.

Its bio is an exact copy-and-paste version of the original Sahara Reporters.

“I know Saraki is directly behind it,” Mr. Sowore said, explaining that he was only concerned the public might mistake the page for the original Sahara Reporters.

Identity theft is an emerging fraud in the Nigerian cyberspace, mainly used by politicians to clone digital identities of critical media house with the aim of using the clone to pass down propagandist inform, faking endorsement.

It is a form of cyber attack that utilizes deception, rather than the brute force of DDoS attacks.
PREMIUM TIMES was a victim of similar attacks. The latest is by individuals linked to the current governor of River State, Nyesom Wike.

While many other digital businesses treat identity theft with urgency and seriousness, Facebook is notorious for being slow in checking the crime.
Facebook’s clumsy reporting process and policy make fighting clones and replicas almost impossible for victims.

The suspected pirate
The suspected pirate is Osinuga Oriola Mcleish, a blogger and member of the Kwara All Progressives Congress. Although Mr. Osinuga denies the crime, investigations by PREMIUM TIMES traced his digital footprints on the downed websites and the fake Sahara Reporters Facebook Page.

“I don’t know anything about it,” Mr. Osinuga said before hanging up during an interview.
Mr. Saraki’s new media team also denied involvement in the crime.

“Sahara Reporters is not that important for me to waste my time on,” Bankole Omishore, a new media aide to the Senate President told PREMIUM TIMES. “We no longer monitor Sahara Reporters.”
Mr. Omishore said Sahara Reporters had been critical of his boss, claiming the newspaper was hired to promote propaganda to sack Mr. Saraki.
The publisher of Sahara Reporters denies any personal grievances with the senate president, saying , “I only have beef with thieves.”

“I’ve been covering Saraki since 2005 with the same tenacity I covered (James) Ibori,” he said. “I know very well he (Saraki) has stolen a lot of money and should not be Nigeria’s number three man.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/201802-sahara-reporters-publisher-sowore-accuses-saraki-identity-theft.html

3 Shares

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by remsonik(f): 10:12pm On Apr 14, 2016
Saraki seems so desperate to be senate president. From changing CCT act to favor you to impersonating Sowore. This Nigeria!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by masterblogger(m): 10:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
remsonik:
Saraki seems so desperate to be senate president. From changing CCT act to favor you to impersonating Sowore. This Nigeria!

The man's understands the game of politics Una wan try saraki abi? Make we dey watch.

Thanks mod for editing, myndd you are cute

10 Likes

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by jameseva: 12:03am On Apr 15, 2016
masterblogger:

The man's understands the game of politics

You call being a common criminal understanding the game of politics? How pathetic! This is how corruption has corrupted the nigerian youth's psych. Pride in hardwork has been so relegated so much so that some even unrelentlessly defended the deluded words of a drunkard 'stealing is not corruption'..Hian!!!!!

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by yomalex(m): 12:17am On Apr 15, 2016
Hmm
Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by Tearg1: 12:22am On Apr 15, 2016
I knew this was a fake website. Another website which has been cloned by this Criminal called Saraki is Newspunch.com

This is below the lowest of low...

9 Likes

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by neocortex: 12:37am On Apr 15, 2016
This got me laughing,
So someone can actually make Sahara reporters cry out
against propaganda.

24 Likes

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by masterblogger(m): 6:50am On Apr 15, 2016
jameseva:

You call being a common criminal understanding the game of politics? How pathetic! This is how corruption has corrupted the nigerian youth's psych. Pride in hardwork has been so relegated so much so that some even unrelentlessly defended the deluded words of a drunkard 'stealing is not corruption'..Hian!!!!!

So is stealing really corruption? Check your dictionaries, ask the political scientists in the house, Google it. I was watching a programme on CNN and they clearly stated it that stealing is not corruption. Even one of our politicians said so recently. Goodluck was right jooor

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by Caseless: 7:00am On Apr 15, 2016
Saraki is fighting on all fronts and you know how a man in that situation behaves? Desperate!

1 Like

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 15, 2016
Who the hell is this guy?
Tinubu is using efcc to fight saraki. This lunatic wants to use media propaganda to fight saraki.

This mad man has no proof that saraki is the one behind the impersonation. What is wrong with these guys? Has tinubu given them so much right to act like this?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by JesusmyGod1: 8:25am On Apr 15, 2016
war in Nigeria is imminent
Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by Sijo01(f): 8:26am On Apr 15, 2016
cheesy wonders shall never end.
Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by Ikechuzzy: 8:26am On Apr 15, 2016
Saraha reporters just dey nack Saraki upper cut since the times of John d Baptist

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by yekparikpa(m): 8:26am On Apr 15, 2016
Sahara Reporters abeg pity Saraki!

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by 5starmilitant: 8:27am On Apr 15, 2016
I read where where the idiot said he's only having problems with thieves and I laughed. So what about tinubu and the apc criminals? Haba Oga you can lie o grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by GodpunishBuhari: 8:27am On Apr 15, 2016
Tearg1:
I knew this was a fake website. Another website which has been cloned by this Criminal called Saraki is Newspunch.com

na 2day newspunch come out? abeg shift

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by optional1(f): 8:27am On Apr 15, 2016
This plot of land is a birthday gift to a friend. Yelebe

I wish him all the best in life, God bless ur new age bro.

Is friday so were r we hostin d party at?

Happy Birthday yelebe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by Ratello: 8:27am On Apr 15, 2016
Saraki is only buying time......very soon he will wake up to realise that he has come to the "end of the road". A worthless politician desperate to be a Senate President must be closely watched as SaharaReporters are doing.....

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by tolexy007(m): 8:28am On Apr 15, 2016
b

1 Like

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by disloman(m): 8:28am On Apr 15, 2016
I see the karma of betraying your dad in action.Karma is a b1tch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by markast: 8:28am On Apr 15, 2016
Tearg1:

mhmm

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by Abbeyunique2(m): 8:28am On Apr 15, 2016
Sahara reporters is a big thorn on Saraki's skin.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by Canme4u(m): 8:28am On Apr 15, 2016
Hmmmm.
Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by disloman(m): 8:29am On Apr 15, 2016
masterblogger:

The man's understands the game of politics
Seems you are from mars.You don't know anything about politics.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by pacodas: 8:29am On Apr 15, 2016
Propaganda war.
Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by eluquenson(m): 8:29am On Apr 15, 2016
Another saga, i strongly believe saraki can do it cos he's very dubious in all he does.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by alizma: 8:30am On Apr 15, 2016
no mind Saraki jare, a drawning man holding onto a straw for survival.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by Daniel058(m): 8:31am On Apr 15, 2016
Ndi obi-AKPO

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by Ptoocool(m): 8:31am On Apr 15, 2016
Ok
Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by TANTUMERGO007(m): 8:33am On Apr 15, 2016
SARAKI is a god cheesy

1 Like

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by eddyslim(m): 8:33am On Apr 15, 2016
Sahara again?

1 Like

Re: Saraki Accused Of Cloning Sahara Reporters by HAH: 8:34am On Apr 15, 2016
When sahara reporters is on your case then you are a goner

I just dey pity wuru wuru saraki

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

78 Killed, 12 Kidnapped In Tinubu’s First Week – Nigeria Security Tracker / Ambassadorial Appointment: Why Ex-service Chiefs Are Yet To Be Deployed / Anambra Governorship Debate 2021 (Full Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.