Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu (4849 Views)

Air Peace Women Pilots Lead All Female Crew On Flights To Abuja, Owerri. Photos / Robbers Attack Air Peace Aircraft While Taxiing To Take Off At Lagos Airp / Air Peace Begins Flight Operations From Lagos To Akure Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 15, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved International direct flights by Peace Air to Dubai, Mumbai, Johannesburg, Atlanta and Guangzhou.

Chief Executive Officer of the airline, Allen Onyema disclosed this at the Enugu Investment Summit holding in Enugu, South East Nigeria. 

The airline announced that the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, in Enugu will be its hub airport adding that all direct flight and maintenance will take place in Enugu.

Mr. Onyema told the summit that cargo flight operations from the airport in Enugu will commence immediately while flights to China will start very shortly.

International flight operations began at the airport in August 2013, under Stella Odua as the minister of aviation, with the Ethiopian airline operating the only flight from the airport.

The commencement of direct international flights from the airport by Peace Air, to the US, India, South Africa and China, is considered as a massive boost to the socio-economic status of the South Eastern part of Nigeria

- See more at: http://www.homelandnewsng.com/other-news/3661-breaking-air-peace-begins-direct-international-flights-enugu#sthash.6UYFQL0x.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 15, 2016
This is great news for my people, if these is actually true..but these days I hardly trust politicians. I will like to see it happen first before I believe, especially under this government which has been indifferent to the concerns of the people of the eastern region.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by asha80(m): 12:46am On Apr 15, 2016
Will believe this when it starts happening

3 Likes

Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by umehmj(m): 12:49am On Apr 15, 2016
peace floating an airline? wow! nice one from them.....and yeah, it's happening.
Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by asha80(m): 12:52am On Apr 15, 2016
umehmj:
peace floating an airline? wow! nice one from them.....and yeah, it's happening.
peace air has been existing for sometime now..unless you meant peace going international

3 Likes

Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by Abiagirl777(f): 1:03am On Apr 15, 2016
good development
Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by Kenzico(m): 1:29am On Apr 15, 2016
Nna eh!! Peace apukwala global ooo!!! grin grin

Never knew Peace had an airline
O di kwa mma!
Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by amaechi1: 1:59am On Apr 15, 2016
xharder:
This is great news for my people, if these is actually true..but these days I hardly trust politicians. I will like to see it happen first before I believe, especially under this government which has been indifferent to the concerns of the people of the eastern region.

Let us be realistic for once. You are tempted not to believe because the writer said PMB have given an approval. What will he take PMB to cancel the Ethiopia arrangement. It will practically take him nothing more than a word of mouth and his aid will do the rest.

Anyway this is a good development.

God guide PMB

God Bless Enugu State

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by amaechi1: 2:00am On Apr 15, 2016
umehmj:

Please, it not peace mass transit owned by Nsukka Man.
Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by adaweezy(m): 2:44am On Apr 15, 2016
xharder:
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved International direct flights by Peace Air to Dubai, Mumbai, Johannesburg, Atlanta and Guangzhou.

Chief Executive Officer of the airline, Allen Onyema disclosed this at the Enugu Investment Summit holding in Enugu, South East Nigeria. 

The airline announced that the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, in Enugu will be its hub airport adding that all direct flight and maintenance will take place in Enugu.

Mr. Onyema told the summit that cargo flight operations from the airport in Enugu will commence immediately while flights to China will start very shortly.

International flight operations began at the airport in August 2013, under Stella Odua as the minister of aviation, with the Ethiopian airline operating the only flight from the airport.

The commencement of direct international flights from the airport by Peace Air, to the US, India, South Africa and China, is considered as a massive boost to the socio-economic status of the South Eastern part of Nigeria

- See more at: http://www.homelandnewsng.com/other-news/3661-breaking-air-peace-begins-direct-international-flights-enugu#sthash.6UYFQL0x.dpuf
Enugu airport can't do all this, it lacks the capacity.
Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by Nobody: 2:48am On Apr 15, 2016
I'm only interested in that Atlanta route.cheesy

Nice one there.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by OreMI22: 2:52am On Apr 15, 2016
Let them go into partnership with a major international airline to share codes and aircrafts.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by TheBlackGeneral(m): 3:48am On Apr 15, 2016
Step by step the boy evolves to a man. #bureaudechanger
Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by naijaking1: 4:23am On Apr 15, 2016
adaweezy:

Capacity as defined by who?
Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by hardbody: 5:37am On Apr 15, 2016
Kenzico:
Nna eh!! Peace apukwala global ooo!!! grin grin

Never knew Peace had an airline

O di kwa mma!

How would you know when your only contact with an airport was during school excursions.

2 Decembers back to back I have used airpeace for Xmas trip while I use them for all my other trips except those locations they don't go to. Their punctuality is second to none in Nigeria. With them I have shit canned aero, arik , dana etc
Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 15, 2016
adaweezy:

Meaning?
Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 15, 2016
Akanu Ibiam Airport cleared for flights to USA, China, others

By Francis Igata ENUGU—The Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Emene, Enugu State, has been approved for international flight operations to and from Atlanta, United States of America; Dubai, United Arab Emirates; Johannesburg, South Africa; Mubia, India and Gwuanzuo, China. This revelation was made yesterday at the closing ceremony of Enugu State maiden investment summit by the Chairman, Air Peace, Allen Onyema, who equally announced that Air Peace had been appro-ved as national carrier into the five countries by the Federal Government. Also, delegates at the investment summit stood still when Chairman, Peace Mass Transit, Dr. Samuel Onyishi, announ-ced plans to build a mega medical city in Enugu State in collaboration with foreign partners to put the state on the map of medical tourism in Africa.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/akanu-ibiam-airport-cleared-flights-usa-china-others/
Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 15, 2016
umehmj:

I just called an uncle who works with peace air, he told me the process has been on for over 2 year now and was approved just last week. the approval took buhari unaware because he would have cancelled it. it was the government of enugu state and some stake holders and investors that fought for the approval and with the help of DSP ekweremmadu, peace mass transit, etc. the people of enugu should be thanking Jonathan and his aviation minister for making enugu airport an international one in the first place. Buhari and his cohort has noting to do with this. the next is to give us all the embassies of the approved route most especially US embassy.
Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 15, 2016
TheBlackGeneral:
Step by step the boy evolves to a man. #bureaudechanger

The Economy is very bad yet the Easterners are busy developing everywhere, Two days ago it was onitsha mall, yesterday it was Lagos Peter Obi opens ASPMDA Hospital and also Enugu Mega Hospital, today it direct international flight to the east.....we shall get there...

we are who we are *IGBO*......No more, No less and yes, we found ourselves not just in a wrong country with wrong people but in one that her end has been foretold!!!!

They taught they will bury us not knowing we are seeds

3 Likes

Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by adaweezy(m): 10:22am On Apr 15, 2016
naijaking1:

Capacity as defined by who?
No hangar, parking space, pothole ridden runway etc.
Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by larryUG(m): 10:42am On Apr 15, 2016
amaechi1:

Please, it not peace mass transit owned by Nsukka Man.
It is. I am sure
Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by asha80(m): 6:07am On Apr 16, 2016
larryUG:

It is. I am sure
you are sure of nothing owner of air peace is not onyishi owner of peace mass

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Begins Direct International Flights From Enugu by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 16, 2016
Great, where is lalasticlala sef...

Since PMB resumed, the following jobs have been created:

Ethiopia airlines from Abuja to Addis Ababa
Air Peace to everywhere you go
Dana to Ghana

Sai Buhari

(1) (Reply)

How To Easily Relocate To South Africa / Vineyard Hotel In Germany Where Guests Sleeps In Giant Wine Barrel(Pics) / How To Get To Ilupeju From Egbeda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.