Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' (9335 Views)

Nigerian Elections: What If Buhari Wins? By Max Siollun / Col. Ben Gbulie, One Of The 1966 Coupists Speaks On The Coup And Awo / Buhari Coup Was Done In Ignorance- Lar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by 006(m): 12:32am On Jul 15, 2010
bk/babe90:

Typical Ibo hypocrite, he's quick to say "Saudis struck"! Why is it now a "Saudi" attack? Why? Did u forget the lone Lebanese and Egyptian? Ah! You did right? Why, cus it was predominantly Saudi Arabians, right? lol. So, with the Jan.1966, it was an IBO COUP BECUS IT WAS OVERWHELMINGLY IBOS DISHING OUT THE PUNISHMENT TO NON IBOS! GET IT, MR INTELLIGENT?!?!.

P.S: Ok, lemme help u out in a way I'd explain to my baby daughter: The Nigerian soccer team has (I think) one or two mullatoes playing for them (lets just say, for argument's sake, that one of them's parent is British). Why dont we say its not a just Nigerian soccer team becus a lone British citizen is playing for the team? Get it now, monkey?

Now he puts his own coffin in a grave he dug for himself. Next you’ll cover your own grave and put R.I.P. sign over your head.

I won’t say a thing until someone else corrects your wrong chronological order of events.

I’ll still repeat myself: Saudis struck but America attacked Afghanistan instead because it wasn’t a Saudi attack and the whole world backed the Afghan attack. Do you get it? Same with the 1966 coup, it wasn’t an Igbo coup.
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by bkbabe90(m): 12:40am On Jul 15, 2010
006:

Now he puts his own coffin in a grave he dug for himself. Next you’ll cover your own grave and put R.I.P. sign over your head.

I won’t say a thing until someone else corrects your wrong chronological order of events.

I’ll still repeat myself: Saudis struck but America attacked Afghanistan instead because it wasn’t a Saudi attack and the whole world backed the Afghan attack. Do you get it? Same with the 1966 coup, it wasn’t an Igbo coup.

Ok, I get wut ure doing now. U've hung around Onlylies long enough to cull up instructions from the annals of "How to win an argument by just being i.dioti.c"! You need to unwrap ur fat lips from his two inches long enough to be able to read all I've written and, most importantly, to be able to comprehend it! You monkey do u understand what u highlighted above? I'm clearly seeing that u dont! Beast, I could care less about the events surrounding the Afghan attack! I did not mention Afghanistan, I used Iraq as an example; and for good reason. But as a true, and bonafide, deceitful Ibo man, u refuse to see the truth u unintelligent Neanderthal! It wasnt an Ibo coup, what was it? A Chinese coup? Oh, yeah, lets blame the people u hate the most. It was a Yoruba coup, right? Monkey!

1 Like

Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by bkbabe90(m): 12:44am On Jul 15, 2010
006:

I won’t say a thing until someone else corrects your wrong[b] chronological [/b]order of events.

Im.be.cile, do u understand what the word Chronological means? Where did I list anything "Chronologically"?!?! Dude, ure a waste of time. . . .and space! You need to commit Hari kari and spare the rest of us the pain of having to remember that u exist!
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by Katsumoto: 12:51am On Jul 15, 2010
006:

Why do you need anyone to back your argument? Secondly, how did chronology get into this argument?

You can't articulate a simple argument, yet you wanted to take me on. Just stick to what you know best; insults, name-calling, and defamation.
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by 006(m): 12:56am On Jul 15, 2010
bk/babe90:

Typical Ibo hypocrite, he's quick to say "Saudis struck"! Why is it now a "Saudi" attack? Why? Did u forget the lone Lebanese and Egyptian? Ah! You did right? Why, cus it was predominantly Saudi Arabians, right? lol. So, with the Jan.1966, it was an IBO COUP BECUS IT WAS OVERWHELMINGLY IBOS DISHING OUT THE PUNISHMENT TO NON IBOS! GET IT, MR INTELLIGENT?!?!.

P.S: Ok, lemme help u out in a way I'd explain to my baby daughter: The Nigerian soccer team has (I think) one or two mullatoes playing for them (lets just say, for argument's sake, that one of them's parent is British). Why dont we say its not a just Nigerian soccer team becus a lone  British citizen is playing for the team? Get it now, monkey?

To help you out from displaying your lack of understanding over my sentence, I’ll rephrase by sentence: Saudis (Al-Qaida of mostly Saudi origin) struck but America attacked Afghanistan instead because it wasn’t a Saudi (country/people) attack and the whole world backed the Afghan attack.

In the same vein, Military officers mostly of Igbo origin plotted and executed a coup to topple the government and Nigerians interpreted it as an Igbo coup and attacked innocent Igbo people.

Can you compare the two and see the reason why America attacked Afghanistan and not Saudi Arabia and the world backed the afghan invasion?
I told you you've dug your own grave and you must surely put that dirt over you.
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by 006(m): 12:57am On Jul 15, 2010
Katsumoto:

Why do you need anyone to back your argument? Secondly, how did chronology get into this argument?

You can't articulate a simple argument, yet you wanted to take me on. Just stick to what you know best; insults, name-calling, and defamation.

Did I ask for your input? Just get off Igbo topics, bigot!
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by mamagee3(f): 12:59am On Jul 15, 2010
006:

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by Katsumoto: 1:09am On Jul 15, 2010
006:

It is obvious that you clearly have a problem with comprehension. Explain to me how Nigeria's first coup is an Igbo topic? A group of predominantly Igbo officers killed political and military leaders from the North and the West. That seems to be a topic for all Nigerians. A topic about events and issues in the East may qualify as Igbo topics but not this. Son, you need to up your game or you are going to drown.  grin
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by 006(m): 1:15am On Jul 15, 2010
Katsumoto:

It is obvious that you clearly have a problem with comprehension. Explain to me how Nigeria's first coup is an Igbo topic? A group of predominantly Igbo officers killed political and military leaders from the North and the West. That seems to be a topic for all Nigerians. A topic about events and issues in the East may qualify as Igbo topics but not this. Son, you need to up your game or you are going to drown.  grin

. . . and he is still around to continue in his perfected game of “wallowing in the triumphalism of victimising the Igbos”. I don’t need to up my game in bigotry, it’s for low breeds.
What do you want again when you can never say the truth?
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by Onlytruth(m): 3:04am On Jul 15, 2010
006:

. . . and he is still around to continue in his perfected game of “wallowing in the triumphalism of victimising the Igbos”. I don’t need to up my game in bigotry, it’s for low breeds.

The guy is truth-blind/deaf/dumb. He is as typical as they get. The asswipe calling itself bk/babe is the outward manifestation of his inner being.
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by Nobody: 3:30am On Jul 15, 2010
Hahahahahahah!! The insecure always feel a need to protect themselves even when that protection comes at a price that cost them their confidence and dignity. What happens? They are back to square one and the cycle goes on and on.

Like Kurt Vonnegut ----------- And so it goes!
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by Katsumoto: 8:43am On Jul 15, 2010
006:

Onlytruth:

The guy is truth-blind/deaf/dumb. He is as typical as they get. The asswipe calling itself bk/babe is the outward manifestation of his inner being.

grin grin grin grin grin
Look at these jokers. OnlyTruth thinks he has the monopoly of truth because he included truth in his pseudonym. Did you guys go to the same school? I ask because your teachers did a bad job with you. You clearly do not understand the difference between facts and opinion. OnlyTruth, I see your followership is growing by the day. When challenged by superior arguments, you disappear and appear later to accuse the other guy of telling lies and shielding the truth. You are unable to have a debate without name-calling as long as others don't agree with you. On the other thread a few days back, I put some serious questions to you about the coup but you suddenly became mute.

Usually, when reasonable people accuse someone of telling lies, they present the evidence. Now I challenge you half-educated nit-wits to provide just one post where I lied. You have to provide an example of where I twisted facts or the truth. Seeing that I usually back my argument with hard facts; you are going to struggle. Why am I even wasting my time; you will go into hiding again and call me a liar on another thread when I disagree with you. Now some education for both of you, my opinion can not be a lie just because it is divergent from yours. Some dictionary meanings to assist you in your education. grin grin grin

[size=14pt]o·pin·ion[/size]
   /əˈpɪnyən/ Show Spelled[uh-pin-yuhn]
–noun
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second Medical opinion.
4. Law . the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.
6. a favorable estimate; esteem: I haven't much of an opinion of him.

[size=14pt]fact[/size]
   /fækt/ Show Spelled[fakt] Show IPA
–noun
1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
2. something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.
3. a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: Scientists gather facts about plant growth.
4. something said to be true or supposed to have happened: The facts given by the witness are highly questionable.
5. Law . Often, facts. an actual or alleged event or circumstance, as distinguished from its legal effect or consequence. Compare question of fact, question of law.
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by bkbabe90(m): 10:10am On Jul 15, 2010
Katsumoto:

grin grin grin grin grin
Look at these jokers.

Usually, when reasonable people accuse someone of telling lies, they present the evidence. Now I challenge you half-educated nit-wits to provide just one post where I lied. You have to provide an example of where I twisted facts or the truth. Seeing that I usually back my argument with hard facts; you are going to struggle. Why am I even wasting my time; you will go into hiding again and call me a liar on another thread when I disagree with you.

***CRICKETS CHIRPING***

Onlylies and his sidekick, 001966, where u at?
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by bkbabe90(m): 10:11am On Jul 15, 2010
9jaganja:

Like Kurt Vonnegut ----------- And so it goes!

Kurt who? Dude, u gonna make some folks' brain matter start to leak from their ears. . . . . .lol
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by bkbabe90(m): 10:15am On Jul 15, 2010
006:

To help you out from displaying your lack of understanding over my sentence, I’ll rephrase by sentence: Saudis (Al-Qaida of mostly Saudi origin) struck but America attacked Afghanistan instead because it wasn’t a Saudi (country/people) attack and the whole world backed the Afghan attack.

In the same vein, Military officers mostly of Igbo origin plotted and executed a coup to topple the government and Nigerians interpreted it as an Igbo coup and attacked innocent Igbo people.

Can you compare the two and see the reason why America attacked Afghanistan and not Saudi Arabia and the world backed the afghan invasion?
I told you you've dug your own grave and you must surely put that dirt over you.

You freaking illiterate! It is clear that ure one of those addicts that use all the asylee funds that the Canadian Govt provides them on Heroin and Crack cocaine. . . . and maybe the occasional PCP! Dude, did u think, for even a micro second, that u made an iota of sense with the nonsense u put up there?
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by bkbabe90(m): 10:22am On Jul 15, 2010
Onlytruth:

Jesus! And these r the Biafran elders? These hateful, spiteful, deceitful, lie spreaders? I can just imagine the venom ure injecting in the younger Ibo generation in ur self-proclaimed quest to "tell them the truth". Well, I'll remember to tell my future children to steer clear of ur generation cus most of u are a sick lot!
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by baslone: 12:03pm On Jul 15, 2010
You guys sha!!

Always back and forth!!!
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by nex(m): 1:13pm On Jul 15, 2010
It was an Igbo coup. We cannot unwrite history.

Even when people claim that this man was from the Midwest and the other was from here, we are not saying it was an Eastern or Midwestern coup, it was an Igbo coup. Even during the civil war, the Igbo part of the Midwest was annexed by the Igbos.

Some wonder why the Igbos would want to carry out a coup when they infact were enjoying a lot of power. They forget that with the Igbos, it's always all or nothing. They went for all and now there's nothing.

Everybody can understand there was a coup, but what we can't understand is the sparing of some of the politicians along tribal lines, and what the military cannot understand is the massacre of high-ranking Northern officers. These mallams are not as stupid as we want to make them seem.

1 Like

Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by Katsumoto: 1:19pm On Jul 15, 2010
nex:

Even when people claim that this man was from the Midwest and the other was from here, we are not saying it was an Eastern or Midwestern coup, it was an Igbo coup. Even during the civil war, the Igbo part of the Midwest was annexed by the Igbos.

Some wonder why the Igbos would want to carry out a coup when they infact were enjoying a lot of power. They forget that with the Igbos, it's always all or nothing. They went for all and now there's nothing.

Everybody can understand there was a coup, but what we can't understand is the sparing of some of the politicians along tribal lines, and what the military cannot understand is the massacre of high-ranking Northern officers. These mallams are not as silly as we want to make them seem.

GBAM GBAM GBAM like a sledgehammer on a fly.

1 Like

Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by 006(m): 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2010
Katsumoto:

GBAM GBAM GBAM like a sledgehammer on a fly.

I told you you’re a truth denial or you’re plainly dumb. If you have any sense left in you, tell me why after Al-Qaida of mostly Saudi origin attacked the US on 911, America and NATO did not attack Saudi Arabia. Shouldn’t that be Saudi terror attack in your myopic reasoning?
You either don’t know anything or bigotry has blinded you.
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by Katsumoto: 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2010
006:

I told you you’re a truth denial or you’re plainly dumb. If you have any sense left in you, tell me why after Al-Qaida of mostly Saudi origin attacked the US in 911, America and NATO did not attack Saudi Arabia. Shouldn’t that be Saudi terror attack in your myopic reasoning?

I know you are slow, so I will break it down for you.

Firstly, why did you throw your angst at me when you did not have the courage to address nex?
Secondly, the analogy of Saudi's, Afghan's and Americans does not concern me. I am not in the business of getting into conjectures with individuals who don't have the mental capacity to understand them completely, so I tend to stick to facts in cases such as this.
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2010
nex:

Everybody can understand there was a coup, but what we can't understand is the sparing of some of the politicians along tribal lines, and what the military cannot understand is the massacre of high-ranking Northern officers. These mallams are not as silly as we want to make them seem.
whenever youruba folks make this pronoucement that ''THE COUP WAS AN IGBO COUP'',it seems like heaven will fall but here comes a true nigerian infact to be precise from benin saying the exact thing truth.it's just plain stu.pidi.ty trying to call black a white in this matter.maybe the federal government should introduce the war history into her educational curriculum so that these penchant lies wont be passed to nigeria unborn generations.
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by 006(m): 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2010
Katsumoto:

I know you are slow, so I will break it down for you.

Firstly, why did you throw your angst at me when you did not have the courage to address nex?
Secondly, the analogy of Saudi's, Afghan's and Americans does not concern me. I am not in the business of getting into conjectures with individuals who don't have the mental capacity to understand them completely, so I tend to stick to facts in cases such as this.

It won’t concern you because it exposes your lack of common sense and bias against the Igbos.

Call it Saudi terror attack and let the world hear you, dunce.
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by AndreUweh(m): 3:44pm On Jul 15, 2010
nex:

You castrated maggot, you must be a boofer for chatting the above crap. Do you intend to provide a more precise evidence better than the one Ademoyega has provided to Nigerians?. Ademoyega was a member of the class of five that carried out the Jan 15, 1966 coup. In his book, ''why we struck'', he clearly stated that the coup was not an Igbo coup. D.I.C.K head, are you always this stupid or are you making a special effort today?.
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by Onlytruth(m): 5:38pm On Jul 15, 2010
Andre Uweh:

You castrated maggot, you must be a boofer for chatting the above crap. Do you intend to provide a more precise evidence better than the one Ademoyega has provided to Nigerians?. Ademoyega was a member of the class of five that carried out the Jan 15, 1966 coup. In his book, ''why we struck'', he clearly stated that the coup was not an Igbo coup. D.I.C.K head, are you always this silly or are you making a special effort today?.

Don't give that goat from some microscopic minority an undeserved attention. What does he know? If his people were targeted after the Orkar coup, they would have been wiped out. Nigeria gives cover to all types of stupidity. We know who our main rivals are in Nigeria; believe me it is NOT those microscopics.  cool cool
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by Onlytruth(m): 5:58pm On Jul 15, 2010
006:

I told you you’re a truth denial or you’re plainly dumb. If you have any sense left in you, tell me why after Al-Qaida of mostly Saudi origin attacked the US on 911, America and NATO did not attack Saudi Arabia. Shouldn’t that be Saudi terror attack in your myopic reasoning?

grin grin grin

I'll go along with the truth denier part. The guy is as typical as they come. I'm really grateful to him for providing me with the education I needed. Believe me, most Igbo folks still struggle and tend to be deceived by characters like that from the west. I am yet to meet such pure evil in any Igbo guy.

Pure evil is smooth as a smoothie. cool

He will change/morph/distort/twist/transmogrify facts in any way possible to suit his aims of justifying the mass murder of innocent Igbo folks both after the coup and during the war.
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by Katsumoto: 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2010
Onlytruth:

Don't give that goat from some microscopic minority an undeserved attention. What does he know? If his people were targeted after the Orkar coup, they would have been wiped out. Nigeria gives cover to all types of stupidity. We know who our main rivals are in Nigeria; believe me it is NOT those microscopics.  cool cool

I suppose minorities don't have a right to air their views in Nigeria. This is the glaring hypocrisy that you display regularly. On one hand, you regularly claim unfairness and injustice against your people but you do not have problems dishing it out to others. Remind us again, how many people of other ethniticies that Orkar's group tried to wipe out.
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by AndreUweh(m): 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2010
In addition to my earlier post relating to Ademoyega. There was the direct evidence of Ben Gbulie that they (The Jan 15, 1966 coup plotters) intended to replace Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe with Chief Obafemi Awolowo as the president of Nigeria.
The beneficiary of the 15th Jan, 1966 coup was to be Awolowo. Now, Awolowo happens not to belong to the Igbo ethnic group.
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by Katsumoto: 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2010
Andre Uweh:

In addition to my earlier post relating to Ademoyega. There was the direct evidence of Ben Gbulie that they (The Jan 15, 1966 coup plotters) intended to replace Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe with Chief Obafemi Awolowo as the president of Nigeria.
The beneficiary of the 15th Jan, 1966 coup was to be Awolowo. Now, Awolowo happens not to belong to the Igbo ethnic group.

I am really trying not to get into this debate but you are provoking me.
When Nzeogwu made his speech in Kaduna, did he mention that the plotters were going to make Awolowo PM. Ademoyega was to make the speech in Lagos, did he mention in his book that they were going to install Awolowo as PM? I have read Ademoyega's book as well. Please re-read your statement; how were coup-plotters going to replace a constitutionally appointed president with a prisoner?
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by AndreUweh(m): 6:27pm On Jul 15, 2010
Katsumoto:

I am really trying not to get into this debate but you are provoking me.
When Nzeogwu made his speech in Kaduna, did he mention that the plotters were going to make Awolowo PM. Ademoyega was to make the speech in Lagos, did he mention in his book that they were going to install Awolowo as PM? I have read Ademoyega's book as well. Please re-read your statement; how were coup-plotters going to replace a constitutionally appointed president with a prisoner?
You do not need to ask me that silly question. Refer the question to Ben Gbulie, afterall, he is still alive. I know you read a lot, you might have read his book ''THE FIVE MAJORS''. May be long time ago, but I advice you go and reread it.
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by yarodin: 6:29pm On Jul 15, 2010
The killing of my brothers and sisters was eventually going to happen because at the time Igbos were advancing too fast.  Yes, majority of the coup plotters were Igbos, but the  coup became an Igbo coup once it failed and certain politicians who happen to be Igbos were spared.  For those saying that Igbos had no reason to plan a coup because we were already established remember Igbos both educated and uneducated were seen as advancing to fast and rapidly both in the Govt and private sectors.  I am quite sure there were already plans to contain this fast growth mainly from the Northern leaders land that is why Azikiwe probably tried to get the military involved.  The first coup became a good excuse to now execute their plans to slow down the Igbos and as you can see their plans worked.  Yes, Igbos were able to rebound from that brutal civil war but as you can see the playing field has sort of been levelled if not maybe we Igbos are now sort of below (Northerners dominating the military and govt sectors and the Yorubas dominating the financial and media sectors).    One can only imagine what would have been if the first coup had not taken place?  But something had to happen, there was just too much tension between the Igbos and the rest of Nigeria and in some ways that tension still exists but this time in the form of Christians versus Muslims.
Re: Max Siollun Unravels That The 1966 Coup Was Not Just An ''igbo Coup'' by Cohomology: 6:33pm On Jul 15, 2010
nex:

The only reason why anyone, including this Benin man called nex, would claim it was an Igbo coup, is to justify the subsequent pogrom targeted at Igbos in Northern and Western Nigeria.

Since they have no explanation as to why thousands of Igbo civilians were killed by other ethnic groups in 1966, falling back on the "Igbo coup" is the only excuse left.

It is not that these folks entirely like the killing of innocent people, e.g. they abhor the violence which frequently erupts in northern Nigeria where people of their ethnic groups are sometimes massacred, it is just that when it comes to the July 1966 pogrom, they make an exception, an exception based on the fact that those large-scale killings of Igbos exposed the ineptitude of the Nigerian government, hence a legitimate reason for Ndi-Igbo to want to leave the entity called Nigeria. This audacity of the Igbos seemed like arrogance to the other ethnic groups and further inflamed the pre-existing animosity towards Ndi-Igbo.

Furthermore, 40 years after the defeat of Biafra, it seems in hindsight that maybe, just maybe, the Igbos had some foresight, call it premonition if you will, about the fate of the entity called Nigeria. While the other ethnic groups refused to allow Ndi-Igbo depart in peace and did everything, including sacrificing 250,000 of their sons/soldiers (5 times what America lost in the Vietnam War - that's a different story) to keep Nigeria one, they went a step further after the fall of Biafra. They ensured that power remains out of reach of any Igbo man or woman. What has happened in the 40 years?

Well, over the last 40 years Nigeria, under the able leadership of non-Igbos, has become a joke. One can even find many non-Igbos become so frustrated about the situation of things that they shout "Bloody Revolution", "Divide the Country", "Odua Republic Now!", "Arewa Republic". A comedy of tragedies!

One would think that such calls will endear some of these people to the Igbos who, unlike the calls for "Araba" in then Northern Nigeria (which were based on a superiority complex, a la Islam, of the Northern Nigerian leaders), wanted to leave Nigeria because of the clear ineptitude shown by the Nigerian government for allowing (and facilitating) the murder of so many Igbos - which still happens with impunity even today, the reality is that no such feeling of unity has occurred. So, on the one hand they are frustrated about the utter uselessness of the Nigerian experience and want some drastic measure, however, on the other hand they don't want to scream too much so as not be seen replaying an old tape in a new jukebox. For some of these non-Igbos, the thought of this idea being an original Igbo idea (wanting out based on federal government ineptitude and injustice, not on religiosity like the calls for "Araba" and nostalgic Uthman Dan-Fodio moments)

What happens? The status quo is maintained. Rebellion has been officially outlawed in Nigeria by those who connived to checkmate the Igbo dream of Biafra, however, that puts ALL of them in a zugzwang! Rebel against the status quo and play up the discredited "Igbo idea"; maintain the status quo and continue "suffering and smiling".

The drama continues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why We Support Buhari –RBM Convener / What Atiku’s Election As President Means For Sports In Nigeria – Dr Oche Otorkpa / IGBO's Are You In Support Or Against Creation Of Biafra Republic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.