Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,933 members, 7,803,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper (17476 Views)

Names Of 105 Missing Dapchi Schoolgirls (Full List By The Nation Newspaper) / PDP Youths Follow Car Carrying Votes From Polling Unit To Prevent Rigging / Rivers Rerun: Drones Wike & PDP Bought To Prevent Rigging (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by HungerBAD: 4:48am On Apr 15, 2016
Posted By: Odunayo Ogunmola, Ado-Ekiti

Fresh facts have emerged on how the June 21, 2014 governorship election in Ekiti State was allegedly manipulated in favour of Governor Ayo Fayose.

The embattled former State Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr. Tope Aluko, has revealed how the rigging was perfected inside a hotel barely a week before the poll.

He said sensitive materials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), such as ballot papers and result sheets, were delivered to PDP chieftains to allow for the manipulation of the poll long before the first ballot was cast.

Speaking on a special interview programme on Wednesday on ADABA 88. 9 FM monitored by our reporter, Aluko claimed that the electoral materials were delivered through Akure Airport and taken to a hotel owned by Fayose’s Chief of Staff Dipo Anisulowo in Are-Ekiti, where the alleged manipulation was carried out.

He said ballot papers were thumb-printed and result sheets filled by PDP members, which gave the party “undue advantage”.

Aluko explained that Department of State Services (DSS) operatives, led by a woman officer, stormed Anisulowo’s hotel and arrested the PDP henchmen but they were released within three hours because “you know we (PDP) were in government at that time”.

The whistleblower said a lorry conveying some of the electoral materials was intercepted by soldiers led by the recently retired Brig.-Gen. Aliyu Momoh.

“But the materials were later released after the officers received ‘order from above’.”

According to him, the Fayose administration received the refund of the N5.2 billion spent on Ado-Ifaki highway by the Kayode Fayemi administration.

He said the governor initially denied but it was confirmed by former President Goodluck Jonathan during the PDP presidential campaign rally.

The PDP chief alleged that the money was diverted to the Ado-Ekiti flyover, following the outcry generated.

Aluko said: “Ask him (Fayose) why did (former Works Commissioner) Kayode Oso flee?

“Finance Commissioner Toyin Ojo told DSS interrogators about the state’s finances, including the N5.2 billion refunded on theAdo-Ifaki Road carried out by Fayemi.

“You will recall that the governor denied receiving the refund but Ojo’s revelation made him (Fayose) divert the money for the flyover.”

Responding to questions on the prosecution threat by the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Owoseni Ajayi, the PDP chieftain said Ajayi is also liable for prosecution for his alleged role in an attack on the court.

Aluko said: “I pity Owoseni Ajayi who is saying that I should be prosecuted because he (Ajayi) was the one who ‘disrupted’ the delivery of a ruling by Justice Olusegun Ogunyemi.

“Owoseni told Fayose on phone that should the judge deliver the ruling on the perjury case, it would go against him and his planned swearing-in would be in jeopardy.”

Speaking on the purported reconciliation meeting with Fayose in a Lagos hotel, Aluko said he never went to meet Fayose as believed in some quarters.

His words: “It was the governor and former Ekiti Assembly factional Speaker Dele Olugbemi who barged into a meeting I was holding with some PDP leaders.

“Olugbemi and Fayose barged into the meeting venue. Olugbemi is a liar. He had lied against Fayose.

“He lied against the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the PDP.

“He is working for the money and appointment he just received from Fayose.

“I did not create a scene at the venue because hefty men were stationed around and my wife was afraid of what could happen.

“The governor held my clothes that I should not talk when I wanted to talk.

“I feared for my wife who later disappeared from the scene and I did not know her whereabouts.

“They almost attacked me when I went to Channels Television but it was policemen led by the CP who saved me after being holed up there for about three hours.

“I played safe because of my wife and to avoid the scenario that played out when I went to Channels Television to grant my first interview.”

Aluko contended that his disagreement with the governor started with his (Fayose’s) alleged derailment from the plan for the development of Ekiti State and not because he was not made Chief of Staff.

He said: “I am not doing this because I was denied appointment. I discovered that this man has no plans for Ekiti and I went to him that Oga, it’s almost a year in office now and we have not done anything for the people.

“Fayose replied me by saying ‘don’t worry, Ekiti people are easy to deceive because by the time you buy them ponmo (cow skin) and booli (roasted plantain), you have stolen their hearts’.

“It was there that our crisis started. The issue of Chief of Staff was secondary.

“Fayose derailed from our blueprint for the development of Ekiti. He cancelled the monthly allowances for the aged.

“He imposed taxes on primary school pupils, among his other anti-people policies but when I reminded him, he told me that Ekiti people are gullible.

“I need the prayer of Nigerians so that I will not fall prey to the evil machinations of those planning to kill me by all means because of the truth I told Nigerians.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/aluko-perfected-rigging-inside-hotel/

4 Likes

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by tyson99(m): 4:53am On Apr 15, 2016
Fayose knows his people's password,so na becuse of ponmo dem change ekiti people's destinygringrin na wa ooo

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by seunmsg(m): 4:57am On Apr 15, 2016
“Fayose replied me by saying ‘don’t worry, Ekiti people are easy to deceive because by the time you buy them ponmo (cow skin) and booli (roasted plantain), you have stolen their hearts’.

Chai, my people don suffer. cry cry cry

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by dallyemmy: 4:57am On Apr 15, 2016

Humm

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by phrancys001(m): 4:59am On Apr 15, 2016
Ekiti people and food ehn!
Can you just imagine the ediot of a governor yesterday saying no chibok girl was kidnapped on TV that people championing their release are doing it so they can eat,must everything boils down to stomach for fayose?

37 Likes

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by Nobody: 5:01am On Apr 15, 2016
Fayemi and his wife were bad co-governors. They were pseudo-elitist. They lost. Period.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by luvinhubby(m): 5:15am On Apr 15, 2016
Conduct same elections today, Fayose will still clearly win Fayemi.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by kokozain(m): 5:20am On Apr 15, 2016
The person up me what u wrote is totally untrue this is no more time for gbajeu politics and stomach infrastructure.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by nnachukz(m): 5:23am On Apr 15, 2016
Is this parrot still singing his incoherent song? A competent law court gave order that this man should be arrested but because he is singing in line with the daura man, the law enforcement agencies that abound in our land suddenly grew powerless and weak to enforce the law. Many I believe, don't even know what corruption entails.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by Nobody: 5:24am On Apr 15, 2016
Question: Y do I believe Tope Aluko is telling nothing but the truth?

Answer: Because Nigerians remember the following incidents that took place during & after the Ekiti gubernatorial election.

1.) Aluko explained that Department of State Services (DSS) operatives, led by a woman officer, stormed Anisulowo’s hotel and arrested the PDP henchmen but they were released within three hours because “you know we (PDP) were in government at that time”.

2.) The whistleblower said a lorry conveying some of the electoral materials was intercepted by soldiers led by the recently retired Brig.-Gen. Aliyu Momoh.

“But the materials were later released after the officers received ‘order from above’.”

3.) According to him, the Fayose administration received the refund of the N5.2 billion spent on Ado-Ifaki highway by the Kayode Fayemi administration.

He said the governor initially denied but it was confirmed by former President Goodluck Jonathan during the PDP presidential campaign rally.

“Finance Commissioner Toyin Ojo told DSS interrogators about the state’s finances, including the N5.2 billion refunded on the Ado-Ifaki Road carried out by Fayemi.

“You will recall that the governor denied receiving the refund but Ojo’s revelation made him (Fayose) divert the money for the flyover.”

Secondly, in this given scenario, I would have done exactly the same thing if I was in Aluko shoes.

Speaking on the purported reconciliation meeting with Fayose in a Lagos hotel, Aluko said he never went to meet Fayose as believed in some quarters.

“I did not create a scene at the venue because hefty men were stationed around and my wife was afraid of what could happen.

“The governor held my clothes that I should not talk when I wanted to talk.

“I feared for my wife who later disappeared from the scene and I did not know her whereabouts.

Lastly, as for the people of Ekiti, I sympathize with you all for this reason below.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by babdap: 5:30am On Apr 15, 2016
Ekiti people re gluttons, no wonder they voted for stomach infrastructure.

4 Likes

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by lurther: 5:32am On Apr 15, 2016
We have not has light for over a month now and the Nation newspaper is mute about that.

12 Likes

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by jojomario(m): 5:34am On Apr 15, 2016
I see no fountain if knowledge in this Ekiti.

2 Likes

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by blackpanda: 5:39am On Apr 15, 2016
jerseyboy:
Fayemi and his wife were bad co-governors. They were pseudo-elitist. They lost. Period.

What has this silly ridiculous statement got to do with this topic Fayemi is not dragging anything with the goat fayose, so why bring him here?

14 Likes

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by blackpanda: 5:40am On Apr 15, 2016
lurther:
We have not has light for over a month now and the Nation newspaper is mute about that.

Do u need newspaper to tell u that u dont have light

15 Likes

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by tyson99(m): 5:42am On Apr 15, 2016
lurther:
I can bet you are from ekiiti with this englishgringrin

That is what you get when you sell your birthright for ponmo and boli Pele ti ee ooooo

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by Nelkoko: 5:43am On Apr 15, 2016
Dance 4 Aluko madness

26 Likes

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by delishpot: 5:56am On Apr 15, 2016
Politricks
Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by Ehiscotch(m): 6:19am On Apr 15, 2016
Fayose has employed a new tactic - no more booli and ponmo - just malign, stupidly criticize Buhari & every of his policies. The same gullible ones will still laud him.

4 Likes

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by kolnel: 7:06am On Apr 15, 2016
Ekiti ppl is on a long thing
I can't wait to see how things pan out for this fayose
He seems to have his brain upside down always in the news for the wrong reasons

6 Likes

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by Pidggin(f): 7:11am On Apr 15, 2016
lurther:
We have not had light for over a month now and the Nation newspaper is mute about that.

Very true. They will also never write about the fuel scarcity or the economic hardship the masses are experiencing

3 Likes

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by Caseless: 7:28am On Apr 15, 2016
Somebody should hound fayose before the law court to answer for his crime. It's an electoral fraud we are talking about here and , I don't think he has that constitutional cover of immunity not to appear in court on this.

3 Likes

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by moyinoluwabun(m): 7:29am On Apr 15, 2016
Dis Aluko is under a spell.

3 Likes

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by Caseless: 7:35am On Apr 15, 2016

where's that my ekiti friend? I'm coming to visit you before the end of the year. Trust me, I'm coming with ponmo and booli - I never knew they like this so much in ekiti state.

8 Likes

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by Caseless: 7:36am On Apr 15, 2016
moyinoluwabun:
Dis Aluko is under a spell.
No! Fayose is.

4 Likes

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by freeDR(m): 7:36am On Apr 15, 2016
Anyone with an atom of intelligence will know Aluko is only throwing the tantrums of a frustrated politician. In other words, if you believe Aluko, you are either a ZOMBIE or an irredeemable idiot.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by olafum1(m): 7:45am On Apr 15, 2016
We'll wait till after Fayose's tenure to see what happens.. .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 15, 2016
Caseless:
Somebody should hound fayose before the law court to answer for his crime. It's an electoral fraud we are talking about here and , I don't think he has that constitutional cover of immunity not to appear in court on this.

continue to dream dear.The ekiti electoral case has long been decided at the supreme court,aluko can continue to rant.BTW get it into your head that fayose has constitutional immunity till oct 2018 and there is nothing the dullard can do about it

4 Likes

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by Caseless: 7:51am On Apr 15, 2016
chukwudi44:

continue to dream dear.The ekiti electoral case has long been decided at the supreme court,aluko can continue to rant.BTW get it into your head that fayose has constitutional immunity till oct 2018 and there is nothing the dullard can do about it
you don't get anything right despite your age.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 15, 2016
olafum1:
We'll wait till after Fayose's tenure to see what happens.. .

nothing will happen.The case is as good as dead as already decided by the supreme court.Besides this fool would not pas as a credible witness in court.

5 Likes

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 15, 2016
Caseless:
you don't get anything right despite your age.

as my sense small reach,e still better pass your own

4 Likes

Re: Aluko: How We Perfected Rigging Inside Hotel-the Nation Newspaper by iykebest1(m): 9:42am On Apr 15, 2016
U never c chomchin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Bashir Yuguda over N450 million (Photos) / National Assembly Moves To Reject Buhari’s N4.2trn Bonds / Badeh, Alkali’s Murder Meant To Hide Corruption In The Military - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.