Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,867 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Ending It All - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ending It All (578 Views)

SOMETIMES (A Tale Of A Never Ending Fight) / Not To Spoil The Ending But Everything Will Be Okay (Short Story!!!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ending It All by ashakemi: 11:42am On Apr 15, 2016
It was an old bridge with rusty and frail railings, I sat on the brim of the railing and looked down into the murky lagoon which was beneath my quivering and cold feet. The lagoon had no bluish hue instead it had a darkened and dismissive aura.

What a perfect place to lose my not so dear life, a plunge will do the trick I thought to myself. If am lucky enough to hit a rock on my way down it might safe me the hassle and torture of having to drown. A quick death with less torture would be pleasing enough I thought to myself.

I had no identity card on me, it's better my corpse comes up as another John doe instead of my name plaguing the dailies while evoking sympathies and scorn from readers.

Passersby strewn the other side of the bridge, some were quite eager to see me take a plunge and end it all, they urged me on while also chanting praise songs to prod me into making a quick jump.

"Be a man and just do it" were the unbridled words that came out of a woman, she was intent and quite eager to see me take the plunge, soon enough she's gonna have her wish com true.

Others in the largeness of their heart deemed it fit to persuade me to do otherwise, my sad and heavy soul was intent on ending it all, I saw no need for life, have been dealt with and made fun of, been used and abused while still trudging on and seeking better times only to be strafed and left to rot.

When you give your all in all to your "partners" and she inturn discards you like a piece of experience not worth having what do you do?. Love they say makes you whole but in my case it's taken a big chunk of my existence and left a void.

Her voice almost tipped me over from the brim of the railing, her yells and cries were enough to sober me up and make me have a change of heart. She came running with her wrapper drooling from her waist while also shouting at the tip of her voice, Maami(mother) darted forward like her life was the one at stake, my dear mother closed in on me and the shock of seeing her reverberated through my bone marrow. "What a spoilsport she is"..

"Mayowa has killed me oh, you know you are all I have in this world" mopa mi oh, aaah, aye mi.

How come, how did she know I was about ending it all, she came closer and sat right next to me and tears gushed from her rather puny eyes, she held my hand and doled out my "eulogies".
She said enough to make me have a change of heart, she took my head and placed it right on her shoulders as mothers do to their hurting child and my bereaved soul thought it wise to have a change of heart.

(1) (Reply)

Naughty / Sword Of Truth Series / 10 Books To Read From 1992

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.