Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) (53893 Views)

Checkout Some Dangerously Overloaded Okadas Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS) / Kasuwar Magani, Kaduna Where It Is Forbidden To ‘Love’ / Ogun Community Where The Use Of Umbrella Is A Taboo (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by kcowen(m): 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2016
When you ask them now they will tell you that they live in lagos,some of them may even be here on nairaland forming
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 6:23pm On Apr 15, 2016
kcowen:
When you ask them now they will tell you that they live in lagos,some of them may even be here on nairaland forming
yes, I live there, I am on Nairaland and I am forming. Do you have an issue with that?

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Funjosh(m): 6:24pm On Apr 15, 2016
Waiting for Fayose to blame Buhari for this tongue
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Chommieblaq(f): 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2016
jaymichael:
More

Nice views, I love these kind of serene environment. Less noise and stuffs, sometimes I get tired of crazy lifestyle in the town.

1 Like

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by scorpa: 6:30pm On Apr 15, 2016
How much is a plot of land over there? I'll like to have a vacation house over there.

1 Like

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Chommieblaq(f): 6:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
jaymichael:
Naturaly,there are a few bars here and there, There is Inogbe grand resort (Ooni of Ife's island resort) close by, just less than 15 minutes boat ride.
Tarawa bay beach is about an hour of hiking from my place. you can hire a boat if you can't trek.
Some companies are building an hotel resort and some industrial establishment on a vast expanse of land on our Island between Irede(manager) and Tomaro.
What I enjoy as the ultimate attraction is the natural endowments. I have more than 5 or 6 waterfronts U can go and relax and refresh myself.

U just made me fall in love with that place. We mustn't turn every where to mega city, we will end up loosing most of our cultural and natural resource.
Honestly this is the kind of place I want to live, so long there is light and network wetin again.

5 Likes

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Eleniyan15: 6:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
jaymichael

Have decided to follow you...[center][/center] smiley smiley

Aber hope new thread and upload more pics of the serene environment. Thanks appreciate in advance.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Pangea: 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
jaymichael:
Just stay tuned, I will post more pictures of my Island and how we survive living off-grid. I lost a lot of pictures of our Island when some files got deleted on my SDcard.
people no know say Lagos na 2

Abeg
How much is land there?
I'm interested
I love the sea and the view
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 6:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
Pangea:

Abeg How much is land there? I'm interested I love the sea and the view
Should be around 500k a plot now.

2 Likes

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 6:44pm On Apr 15, 2016
Eleniyan15:
jaymichael

Have decided to follow you...[center][/center] smiley smiley

Aber hope new thread and upload more pics of the serene environment. Thanks appreciate in advance.
I will
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Pangea: 6:46pm On Apr 15, 2016
jaymichael:
Should be around 500k a plot now.

shocked
Wow!
Do you have Omo onile wahala?
I'm interested o!
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
see wat buhari av cos
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 6:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
Chommieblaq:

U just made me fall in love with that place. We mustn't turn every where to mega city, we will end up loosing most of our cultural and natural resource.
Honestly this is the kind of place I want to live, so long there is light and network wetin again.
Thereis no light yet, we use gen but there is strong network.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Funjosh(m): 6:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
jaymichael:
Naturaly,there are a few bars here and there, There is Inogbe grand resort (Ooni of Ife's island resort) close by, just less than 15 minutes boat ride.
Tarawa bay beach is about an hour of hiking from my place. you can hire a boat if you can't trek.
Some companies are building an hotel resort and some industrial establishment on a vast expanse of land on our Island between Irede(manager) and Tomaro.
What I enjoy as the ultimate attraction is the natural endowments. I have more than 5 or 6 waterfronts U can go and relax and refresh myself.

I will like to come and visit this place someday, I just love viewing nature raw cool
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 6:50pm On Apr 15, 2016
Pangea:

shocked
Wow!
Do you have Omo onile wahala?
I'm interested o!
Their money is very very small compared to the mainland. They only collect foundation and roofing money.

1 Like

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by adenitemi: 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
jaymichael:
Thereis no light yet, we use gen but there is strong network.

Interesting Mr. Michael. I'd like to chat with you offline. I'm thinking of volunteering to teach at the school, say once per week. Can you send me an email I can reach you on?

5 Likes

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
Funjosh:

I will like to come and visit this place someday, I just love viewing nature raw cool
Tomaro welcomes you anyday anytime.

2 Likes

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Funjosh(m): 6:53pm On Apr 15, 2016
Pangea:

shocked Wow! Do you have Omo onile wahala? I'm interested o!

Jaymichael please answer this question am also interested smiley
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Eleniyan15: 6:53pm On Apr 15, 2016
jaymichael:
I will

Just mention me in the new thread when you do

So I can follow wink

1 Like

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 6:53pm On Apr 15, 2016
adenitemi:

Interesting Mr. Michael. I'd like to chat with you offline. I'm thinking of volunteering to teach at the school, say once per week. Can you send me an email I can reach you on?
josephbabajide@email.com
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Eleniyan15: 6:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
Funjosh:

Nah der em go see you

Me personally must visit there
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Funjosh(m): 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2016
jaymichael:
Their money is very very small compared to the mainland. They only collect foundation and roofing money.

I don't trust those guys undecided
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Dinocarex(m): 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2016
This thread was Opened to spite the people of Tomaro-onisiro but with the intervention of a guy, this thread suddenly turns to a place I'm willing to spend couple of weeks in.

That's life.....
Turn lemon to lemonade
Your way of thinking can take u far...
Either u see a cup of water half filled or half empty is left to u.

28 Likes

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
Funjosh:

I don't trust those guys undecided
No, it is safe here. They collect as a group and no one will disturb you again.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by dennisworld1(m): 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
jaymichael:
Tomaro welcomes you anyday anytime.
just love this island. Nice view
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
I really love that place, I wish there is electricity, would have loved to come and buy some plots there to build weekend home. I hope they dont get rid of the vegetation, I love it just the way it is. My house is Lekki is in built up area, I really wanna be close to such vegetation.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Funjosh(m): 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
Eleniyan15:

Nah der em go see you
Me personally must visit there

Going with Aminat508 smiley

You can join us if you don't mind wink

1 Like

Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 6:59pm On Apr 15, 2016
Funjosh:

Jaymichael please answer this question am also interested smiley
There is omoonile but they are not troublesome and greedy like the mainland. Their fees are very small relative.
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by Funjosh(m): 7:00pm On Apr 15, 2016
BiafranNigerian:
I really love that place, I wish there is electricity, would have loved to come and buy some plots there to build weekend home. I hope they dont get rid of the vegetation, I love it just the way it is. My house is Lekki is in built up area, I really wanna be close to such vegetation.

You will enjoy life if you live close to nature cool
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by kcowen(m): 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2016
jaymichael:
yes, I live there, I am on Nairaland and I am forming. Do you have an issue with that?
No!!!!
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by menacetosociety: 7:05pm On Apr 15, 2016
Tomaro tomato!
Re: Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) by jaymichael(m): 7:06pm On Apr 15, 2016
Tomorrow, I will post more pictures of my Island, and I will share how we live off grid and how a typical day of an Islander is all about. Please I can't mention everyone, just following me to receive the updates as I post.
I will like this thread to be as rich, informative and interesting as possible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

British Airways Plane's Nose Collapses At Heathrow Airport (Pix, Video) / Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt / Pictures Of The Lagos Bus Terminal In Ikeja (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.