Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:37 PM

Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) (32641 Views)

Osinbajo And Fashola Visit Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Bridge (Photos) / Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) / Ongoing Rehabilitation And Expansion Of Ilorin-mokwa-jebba Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by driand(m): 4:50pm On Apr 15, 2016
And u want us to clap for government for doing its job or what?
Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by luvinhubby(m): 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2016
mfm04622:

What stage has the project gone? How many Km of work was done under Jonathan? If i remember well, it was even Yar-Adua's project, not Jonathan

So Yar'adua who died in 2010 (r.i.p), was president in 2013?
Wonderful !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by gurunlocker: 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2016
mfm04622:

What stage has the project gone? How many Km of work was done under Jonathan? If i remember well, it was even Yar-Adua's project, not Jonathan

but Jonathan didn't blame past government you know?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by rusher14: 4:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
Thank God for Buhari.

Under previous governments this project was budgeted for but never delivered.

As NOI said "No Willpower".

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by jackbennie: 4:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
spend 3days on this road when i was travelling from lagos to sokoto for a business trip 2yrs ago
Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 15, 2016
One thing I admire about Buhari is continuity. He is not discontinuing GEJ's projects
like previous governments.

4 Likes

Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by dcncorneils: 4:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
na saraki dey do am
Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by anonimi: 4:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
goodlifehyd:
He knew what to do and nothing had been done since 2013 do you know how many lives had been lost within that period if you aint blind you should see a trailer burning among the pics the OP uploaded, and can you explain what happened to ur hero's statement in the pic below??

Once you answer about the DullardPoo's promise I will try to reply grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3596053_1296352511348933732742255144580195620175548n_jpeg44e93a4675c438a3462a17b0be84ffdd

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3492308_buhari20000mwelectricitypromise_jpegb3d308b82b0aaf0f68a6c50acecfbb5c
Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
That road is long overdue, so terrible with dust every where.

I once passed through that road for energy physics excursion program to kanji dam.
Our marco polo bus almost got stuck.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by anonimi: 4:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
daretodiffer:
One thing I admire about Buhari is continuity. He is not discontinuing GEJ's projects like previous governments.

Jonathan also continued the inherited projects of Yar'Adua/Obasanjo.
Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
anonimi:

Jonathan also continued the inherited projects of Yar'Adua/Obasanjo.
True but he was lazy undecided

1 Like

Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by anonimi: 4:59pm On Apr 15, 2016
daretodiffer:
True but he was lazy undecided

How?
Can you explain better.
Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by rushman003: 5:02pm On Apr 15, 2016
Whether Jonathan proposed or owned it or buhari started it. I just want to pass this shout out to all futmite students. Especially those plying the road to school every three months. This is our celebration. I can't imagine the stress back then.... Thank God
Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 15, 2016
anonimi:

How?
Can you explain better.
You know you don't need an explanation!

1 Like

Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by goodlifehyd(m): 5:06pm On Apr 15, 2016
anonimi:

Once you answer about the DullardPoo's promise I will try to reply grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3596053_1296352511348933732742255144580195620175548n_jpeg44e93a4675c438a3462a17b0be84ffdd

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3492308_buhari20000mwelectricitypromise_jpegb3d308b82b0aaf0f68a6c50acecfbb5c
Are you this daft Even the picture you uploaded said in 4 years and this still less than a year so answer my question or stay outta my mentions

1 Like

Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by mhizbright: 5:06pm On Apr 15, 2016
GOOD, WELLDONE cool
Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by Timijo(m): 5:07pm On Apr 15, 2016
If this road is reconstructed I will be very glad. I usually travel through this like 5 times in a year. The journey of 7 hours From Kaduna has been turned to 10 hours because of the worst condition of the road.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by anonimi: 5:08pm On Apr 15, 2016
rusher14:
Thank God for Buhari.

Under previous governments this project was budgeted for but never delivered.

That was the style of Ebola Owu na.
How many projects did the man PAY for and complete?
He was just busy STEALING our money. Yet he is APC navigator. shocked

Nigeria's Obasanjo, his Untouchables, and the $16 Billion Power Scam

More from: http://www.africaundisguised.com/newsportal/story/nigerias-obasanjo-his-untouchables-and-16-billion-power-scam

Keep away from Obasanjo, he wasted $16 billion on power Owie tells Buhari

Senator Roland Owie has blasted ex Pres­ident Olusegun Obasanjo over his perceived posture to influence the incoming administration of President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.

Reacting to a Think-tank report submitted to Buhari by a team of technocrats put together by Obasanjo, Owie described the document as needless.

In a statement issued in Abuja on Sunday, Owie, who is also a former Chief Whip of the Senate, asked: ”How can Obasanjo be preparing a blueprint for Buhari? A Bini parable says, ‘how can an impotent man get medicine for his brother, who suffers weak erection?’”

Expressing disappointment at Buhari’s romance with Obasanjo, Owie said “Obasanjo will tell the world that the solutions he prescribed for fixing Nigeria were ignored.”

Continuing he said, “I just read that Obasanjo’s think-tank has submitted a blueprint to Buhari. Blue what?

“I am shocked that great Nigerians of the likes of Prof. Akin Mabogunje, Dr. Idika Kalu and Dr. Christopher Kolade were involved. That Obasanjo is linked to the blue-print, it will be a document of blackmail to Buhari very soon.

“Wonders will never end! How can Obasanjo who allegedly wasted eight years in government pursuing perceived enemies, and tried to ruin the legislative and judiciary arms of government in Nigeria; wasted $16 billion on power and not a single kilowatt of energy was produced, destroyed Aladja Steel, Itakpe Steel, Ajaokuta Steel, NITEL, just to mention a few FGN parastatals, now begin to advise Buhari?

“How can Obasanjo, whose government received, in one year, a revenue equivalent of the total revenue that IBB regime received in eight years, yet, nothing to show for it, be handing over blue-print to the in-coming administration?

More from: http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/keep-away-from-obasanjo-he-wasted-16-billion-on-power-owie-tells-buhari/
Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by hadura29(m): 5:13pm On Apr 15, 2016
[quote author=Mynd44 post=44729852][/quote]

Even you too buoda... Oga oooooo.. grin
Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by gateleo(m): 5:13pm On Apr 15, 2016
chudionu58:
This is seriously Jonathan's project! Ok
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/150441-fec-approves-n42-billion-rehabilitation-ilorin-kabba-road-others.html

you be olodo oooo... this road is Ilorin -Jebba -Mokwa not Ilorin Kabba. Must you put sentiment on everything? All we need is the road must be in good shape. Abeg no kill your self with HBP...Jonathan dey enjoy for bayelsa you dey here they shout Jonathan's project...

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by kayor62: 5:31pm On Apr 15, 2016
Drabeey:
Good day my fellow nairalanders.

Well, dont say my wahala is too much though.... i was among the little number of people who are not suffering and smilling. I shouted on all social media i know about the reknow dilapidated level of this Ilorin-jebba road...

Well, i think out unceasing shouts and cry to the government is paying off now, as you will see in the pictures below that the road is now under reconstruction.

Yet, we are not laying low our siege. We will continue to shout on here and everywhere just to make sure this country works.

Im still having some questiins though.... since the budget isn't yet passed, where is the bill drawn from to repair this road? Or probably GEJ signed the contract before leaving..... but if he does, why was the road not constucted under him?

Hmmm.. Nairalanders over to you.

Anyways..

....Drabeey wrote this
what u r seeing now is d effect of Buhari's body language, it has been approved by Jonathan but money was only pocketed by d contractor. God bless PMB!
God bless Nigeria!
God punish saboteours?

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by Demallcrazy(m): 5:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
anonimi:

Na so I bin dey wonder where did they get the budget and money for such a project.
Thankfully we had a former president who knew what to do and did it, not these ones who only know how to BLAME others for their gross INCOMPETENCE.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3386584_img20160209151617_jpeged2361e0101fcbb510a35c3f0f40701e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3420913_head1_jpeg228715075b5beb1ff535a37cebe931c5
ur comment reeks of ineptitude.
go play somewhere else.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by santori: 5:36pm On Apr 15, 2016
chudionu58:
This is seriously Jonathan's project! Ok
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/150441-fec-approves-n42-billion-rehabilitation-ilorin-kabba-road-others.html

a lots of nairalanders are gullible sha. ****
na when kabba turn to jebba? #smh
Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by kayor62: 5:37pm On Apr 15, 2016
gurunlocker:

but Jonathan didn't blame past government you know?
how can he blame d gov't which he was part of and even completed?
Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by chudionu58(f): 5:38pm On Apr 15, 2016
obailala:
Was the money released?.... Why has the construction not begun since 2013 when the approval was given?... Nigerian contractors na wa!
Quit feigning ignorance of what you know already! Please note, Mobilization fund was released in 2014 and some work was done there but because of severe cuts in 2015 budget proposals due to very drastic slump in crude oil prices; work couldn't be sustained last year.... Hopefully, Buhari and his lying APC can continue with the project. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by anonimi: 5:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
Demallcrazy:
ur comment reeks of ineptitude.
go play somewhere else.

I am sure you just heard the word, ineptitude and felt that you must use it by force, by force.
Sorry oh, that word does not apply here.
Find another big vocabulary to use. grin grin
Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by obailala(m): 5:40pm On Apr 15, 2016
luvinhubby:

After all your interrogation, you will still not credit this clueless Buhari administration for the road.
I feel sorry for you Jonathanians who keep nagging, nagging and nagging like a 1st wife totally deprived of attention and affection. Nobody is battling for glory/praise for road project with you, "if you want the glory/praise for the job done, come and take it." After all most of the projects GEJ even did were done with moneys saved by OBJ and Yaradua, but it would be very silly and childish to argue on that line that it was OBJ/Yaradua's projects.

Meanwhile just before you started your nag, I was only asking a pertinent questions as to why a project which was 'supposedly' budgeted for since 2013 was never executed by the contractors even though money was 'supposedly' released for it.

On a different note, here is a link to a report were the minister of works is promising that attention would be given to this road and work would be done on it. But then again, if you like you are free to claim it is GEJ or even Abacha that employed Fashola; when the road is eventually fixed, "if you want the glory/praise given to GEj, come and take it."

https://www.today.ng/news/national/81020/fg-to-fix-ilorin-jebba-highway-soon-fashola

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by chudionu58(f): 5:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
mfm04622:

The contractors were fully mobilized in 2014 but work couldn't be sustained through 2015 because of severe budget cuts!!! Yar'Aduas project? Please click that link to comprehensively cure your mischief!
Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by chudionu58(f): 5:49pm On Apr 15, 2016
gateleo:

you be olodo oooo... this road is Ilorin -Jebba -Mokwa not Ilorin Kabba. Must you put sentiment on everything? All we need is the road must be in good shape. Abeg no kill your self with HBP...Jonathan dey enjoy for bayelsa you dey here they shout Jonathan's project...

Lol! You are just an archetypical poorly educated zombie, you didn't even read properly before waxing lyrical with your abuse! #ReaditAgain...well this time.
Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by chudionu58(f): 5:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
santori:

a lots of nairalanders are gullible sha. ****
na when kabba turn to jebba? #smh
Educated illiterate! please read it again.... properly.
Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by omarky(m): 5:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
If dis uploads are 2ru, then its a good development. PMB body odour is indeed effective. After the road construction project have been awarded to the Emir of Ilorin by oga Jona, he embezzled d yam and Buhari is making him vomit our Yam. I learnt d Emir wz invited to Abuja by d DSS and EFCC to clear d air on d z project. He wz adviced right dr to commence and complete d project if he doesn't want his name to be in prints as one of those who embezzled our yam (NB: source: won ni won pe)

1 Like

Re: Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) by loomer: 5:55pm On Apr 15, 2016
Na this one be road wey u call "SERIOUS"

Naija una dey suffer sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Atiku Rejects Bid To Substitute Okowa For Wike As Running Mate / The Truth About The Second Niger Bridge-Chibuzo N. Ziggy Azike / Zuhairu Ahmad Idris And Nafisa Muazu's Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.