Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,395 members, 7,781,135 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:33 AM

Can A Nigerian In The US Army Wear Camouflage In Nigeria? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can A Nigerian In The US Army Wear Camouflage In Nigeria? (1648 Views)

Yahoo Boy Who Posed As US Army Officer To Scam Ladies Arrested (Photo) / Soldier Forces Lady To Pull Off Camouflage Clothing She Wore (Photo) / Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Nigerian In The US Army Wear Camouflage In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
Hello guys, I wish to get the best advice because I see wahala coming now. I have a friend, a Nigerian who is currently serving in the US army. So, just yesterday night, he said he would like to come home in May so jokingly, I told him not to wear camouflage when he arrives either cap or anything with military camouflage but my friend said nothing will happen. He even said that, most of his wears will be military camouflage.

I tried to convince him but he said that I should wait and see. Now, I'm thinking of calling his sister to advice him or what should I do to stop him because I know he might want to fight back and that's dangerous.

Please advice!
Re: Can A Nigerian In The US Army Wear Camouflage In Nigeria? by Delphi(m): 6:46pm On Apr 15, 2016
Bro, he can. He is covered by esprit de corps.

Full Definition of esprit de corps: the common spirit existing in the members of a group and inspiring enthusiasm, devotion, and strong regard for the honour of the group.

Except he bumps into an over-zealous 'novice soldier', who may tend to ignorantly 'embarrass' him but If all things were to be equal, he is still a member of the force ("Army Strong"wink anywhere; any time!. And as such he is safe in owing up the identity.

However, to tow the path of wisdom, it would have been the best he conceals his identity throughout the period of his stay. An unassuming posture is ever, the best.

1 Like

Re: Can A Nigerian In The US Army Wear Camouflage In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
Delphi:
Bro, he can. He is covered by esprit de corps.

Full Definition of esprit de corps: the common spirit existing in the members of a group and inspiring enthusiasm, devotion, and strong regard for the honor of the group.

Except he jams an over-zealous 'novice soldier', who may tend to ignorantly 'embarrass' him, but If all things were to be equal, he is still a member of the force ("Army Strong"wink anywhere; any time!

Some can be foolish at times!
Re: Can A Nigerian In The US Army Wear Camouflage In Nigeria? by Leitner: 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2016
Why do Nigerian army seize camous at all?. They claim "impersonation" as reason but official camous can be easily differentiated from fashion camous- so I really don't think you can impersonate with fashion camous.
Re: Can A Nigerian In The US Army Wear Camouflage In Nigeria? by ehinmowo: 7:18pm On Apr 15, 2016
I will advice him not to. though he could be pardon based on milliary respect, however, he was not enlisted in d Nigeria army for dt, it is strictly speaking, a misdemeanour for him to pose with a foreign milliary regalia in another sovereign land (especially if he is of lower rank).

another reason for dis is dt he could perform some unsanctioned activities on civil citizens and a full accord of d law we be granted him by ignorant citizens as it would, a Nigerian soldier, which will be tantamount to an offence or a crime depending on d gravity if such.

1 Like

Re: Can A Nigerian In The US Army Wear Camouflage In Nigeria? by rafcrown(m): 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2016
The law is always different in Nigeria.Camouflage can be easily bought and worn abroad by Civilians,without molestation.
Re: Can A Nigerian In The US Army Wear Camouflage In Nigeria? by ochardbaby(m): 3:54am On Apr 18, 2016
chiefkapable:
Hello guys, I wish to get the best advice because I see wahala coming now. I have a friend, a Nigerian who is currently serving in the US army. So, just yesterday night, he said he would like to come home in May so jokingly, I told him not to wear camouflage when he arrives either cap or anything with military camouflage but my friend said nothing will happen. He even said that, most of his wears will be military camouflage.

I tried to convince him but he said that I should wait and see. Now, I'm thinking of calling his sister to advice him or what should I do to stop him because I know he might want to fight back and that's dangerous.

Please advice!

Nothing go happen.... All he needs is certify that he is a US army ..... Naija army go like flow with am self.
The beating tinzz na just for civilians ...Bloody civilians ( Naija Army language )
Re: Can A Nigerian In The US Army Wear Camouflage In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 18, 2016
ochardbaby:

Nothing go happen.... All he needs is certify that he is a US army ..... Naija army go like flow with am self.
The beating tinzz na just for civilians ...Bloody civilians ( Naija Army language )

Exactly what he said that nothing will happen! I hope so sha!
Re: Can A Nigerian In The US Army Wear Camouflage In Nigeria? by hedonistic: 9:10am On Apr 18, 2016
As long as he has his US Army ID on him at all times, he will be fine.

Nigerian soldiers can't try shit with him. Besides, his colleagues at the US Embassy would have his back if those barbarians try to act funny.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do u think a guy can Single Handely Rape A Lady Without A Weapon? / Watch Video: Niger Delta Avengers Promise To Kill Buhari’s Daughter / Young Man Walked Unclad In Broad Daylight For #10000 In Abuja (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.