Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts (36750 Views)

Court Orders AMCON To Pay Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil N26 Bn / Ifeanyi Ubah's Capital Oil Logo Adorns Olympic Stadium London / FIRS Seals Ifeanyi Ubah’s Capital Oil Company In Efforts To Curb Tax Evasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by fejicruz(m): 8:22am On Apr 16, 2016
It's a non-performing loan & not a bad debt. AMCON was created to be a key stabilizing and re-vitalizing tool established to revive the financial system by efficiently resolving the non-performing loan assets of the banks in the Nigerian economy. You might ask further, what is a non-performing loan (NPL). NPL is the sum of borrowed
money upon which the debtor has not made his or her
scheduled payments for at least 90 days.
So if Capital Oil was making its scheduled payments, this issue what have arisen.
demoore1:
There was no place in the write up where it was mentioned it was a bad debt, You have concluded it is bad debt. How much is Dangote owing in Nigeria banks??

2 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by bluecircle470: 8:23am On Apr 16, 2016
tankara1010:
I warned about this to SE people....they will make sure that Billion worth of Sport Complex in SE doesn't happen. They are out to cut this Igbo man to size as the largest oil distributor in Nigeria...they have been plotting this! THERE YOU HAVE IT!

A lot of Nigerians are oblivious of the systematic marginalization of SE and SS. There is a reason why Onitsha, Calabar, Port Harcourt and Warri ports are not in operation or fully functional as Lagos ports despite SE and SS/energy companies accounting for nearly 70% of all imports. There is a reason why Enugu, Port Harcourt, Calabar, Asaba Airports are not as functional as Lagos, Abuja and Kano despite SE and SS accounting for nearly 75% of all international travels. Something is not right if you have conscience and ability to reason!

When ur brother Jonathan was thr, wot did he achieve with d port Harcourt, warri, calabar and Onitsha ports? Y nw shifting blame to d present government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by slavemerchant: 8:27am On Apr 16, 2016
Generalyemi:
as of 2008,Ifeanyi ubah said that his account in Nigeria bank is only 15 percent of his net worth in his offshore ACCTS.. so FG pls don't waste your time on Easterners that are billions..they have learnt there lessons after the civil war...if Nigeria is for sale,7 Igbo men can buy her

So how do you know the price tag on nigeria
Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 16, 2016
tankara1010:
I warned about this to SE people....they will make sure that Billion worth of Sport Complex in SE doesn't happen. They are out to cut this Igbo man to size as the largest oil distributor in Nigeria...they have been plotting this! THERE YOU HAVE IT!

A lot of Nigerians are oblivious of the systematic marginalization of SE and SS. There is a reason why Onitsha, Calabar, Port Harcourt and Warri ports are not in operation or fully functional as Lagos ports despite SE and SS/energy companies accounting for nearly 70% of all imports. There is a reason why Enugu, Port Harcourt, Calabar, Asaba Airports are not as functional as Lagos, Abuja and Kano despite SE and SS accounting for nearly 75% of all international travels. Something is not right if you have conscience and ability to reason!
i now understand why an igbo man might never be president of nigeria .stella oduh and jeg from east was there in power for six years ur ports and airport didnt work ...now u are saying them no allow them work..who be them..why didng he build his depot in east but lagos if he luvs his place so much..the 100 billion debt is from nigerian banks not baifra bank...other nigerians havd debths hausa mrs oil 50 billion aero but non even shouted vitimation only the most iresponsible ethnic and bigotry driven people of igbo land for hate for other nigerian has no part two but u luv to invade lagos and kano for livehood.hypocrates

5 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by emamos: 8:29am On Apr 16, 2016
sweetgala:

AMCON don't just freeze the company account, if you've ever observed asset management, you'll know receivers are appointed to help adjust the debt repayments and if the company is just not making a profit they assist to correct that.

However with capital oil we have a company that just refuses to obey AMCON directives, does not service it's loans and has exhausted all it's alternatives. This court order is the consequence of over 3 years of disagreement with AMCON.

Once AMCON are sold your bad loans by the bank, they own you and you stop to have the full control of that company's assets and can not make a major decisions without their consent.
having reading ur comments so far on dis topic,i've learnt a lot concernin dis AMCON...God bless ur knowledge n wisdom

4 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by slavemerchant: 8:30am On Apr 16, 2016
Ugo4ema2015:
Ever since ubah intervaned nd issued out a statemnt on dat dollar issue,all eyes has being on him..whitch hunting of d highest order!

Another candidate for the zoo

2 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by realnas(m): 8:30am On Apr 16, 2016
lonelydora:
And Dangote, Otedola, etc are not owing banks? Let's call a spade a spade and not a digging material.

Politics in high places. Quote me all you can, na my mind I talk so.

If he's the only one not servicing his loan, no problem. Go ahead and freeze his account. But if Dangote and co are not servicing theirs too, na heavy thunder go fire AMCON and anybody who quote me.
are u implying that dangote doesnot service his debt with the various financial institutions that lend to him like ur hero ubah? FYi a few yrs back otedola ran into problems with his creditors ,some of his assets where seized inorder to repay the loans he owed and yoruba did nt resort to wailing believe me if dangote does service his loans with his creditors that will tarnish his image hence making it difficult for him to access fresh capital for projects like his new cement plant in edo and the ones in zambia and ethiopia . Ifeanyi ubah should come up with a payment and get this monkey off his back

3 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by amedave(m): 8:31am On Apr 16, 2016
tankara1010:

As I write now...Niger Delta is under attack by Nigerian Navy in the name of Fishing Out Militants!
https://www.nairaland.com/3051660/navy-launches-massive-operation-secure
Why do we southern talk like fools??, I am from delta state but please don't dare mention Asaba airport into the matter, have you gone there to see the state it is in after uduaghan sink billions of naira that could have been channeled & used better in other areas, go to the west & see some of there state government are busy developing seaport & free trade zone what are our lazy governors & senators doing ?? Enough stupidly from us, let's face our leaders all our ports are full of pirates shey na Fg cause am?? If Buhari send army to the creek to clear our water ways will you not be the first to nail him?? Enough of the sentiments let's face fact our leaders have failed simply

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by blank(f): 8:32am On Apr 16, 2016
victorazy:

While Dangote should be walking on the street freely! My brothers, my sisters, this is purely fight against a particular ppl.

If Dangote has unserviced debts that AMCON has taken over, he will be treated same way. Don't forget that the money that AMCON paid to the banks is from our commonwealth.

Would you rather he goes scot free with billions of our money rather than being made to pay back his debts?

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 16, 2016
tankara1010:

As I write now...Niger Delta is under attack by Nigerian Navy in the name of Fishing Out Militants!

The question is, does Capital Oil owe 100 billion ? And why is he not servicing the loan ? AMCON only steps in, when a borrower does not service the credit facility. The amount we are talking about here is less than $500m, and if Capital Oil has such assets, why on earth is he building a sport complex instead of servicing loans ?

I know that freezing his account will lead to acute shortages of PMS, because he will try to entangle the tank farms into the case to force government to negotiate.

Building a sport complex while not servicing a 100 billion credit facility is misplaced priority.

3 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by Boss13: 8:34am On Apr 16, 2016
tankara1010:

Shut up! You must be a baby. Playing the ethnic card when someone is owing and refused to pay.

4 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by persius555(m): 8:43am On Apr 16, 2016
amedave:
Why do we southern talk like fools??, I am from delta state but please don't dare mention Asaba airport into the matter, have you gone there to see the state it is in after uduaghan sink billions of naira that could have been channeled & used better in other areas, go to the west & see some of there state government are busy developing seaport & free trade zone what are our lazy governors & senators doing ?? Enough stupidly from us, let's face our leaders all our ports are full of pirates shey na Fg cause am?? If Buhari send army to the creek to clear our water ways will you not be the first to nail him?? Enough of the sentiments let's face fact our leaders have failed simply
Thank you for making this point clear to all. The SS/SE must rid itself of this take it by force or crook mentality. The region is blessed with human and natural resources. The bargaining chip is within our fold, but we elect criminals to represent us in the places of authority.

Its time we rid ourselves of these criminal leaders.

5 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 16, 2016
BiafranNigerian:

The question is, does Capital Oil owe 100 billion ? And why is he not servicing the loan ? AMCON only steps in, when a borrower does not service the credit facility. The amount we are talking about here is less than $500m, and if Capital Oil has such assets, why on earth is he building a sport complex instead of servicing loans ?

I know that freezing his account will lead to acute shortages of PMS, because he will try to entangle the tank farms into the case to force government to negotiate.

Building a sport complex while not servicing a 100 billion credit facility is misplaced priority.

The question is...Is Ifeanyi Ubah the only Billionaire owing bank? Why freeze all his accounts? How do you want him to continue to run his business? Stop being sentimental Otedola, Jimoh Ibrahim, e.t.c all owe banks way more than what Ifeanyi owes.

1 Like

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 16, 2016
tankara1010:

When you are grown, you will know that there is nothing like marginalization. Take this politicians serious at your own perils

4 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by emperorchedda(m): 8:46am On Apr 16, 2016
Princeizuu:
Business 101 "Business cannot strive without loans", all blue chip companies are in debt, even Nigeria, USA And UK are in debt too, even Dangote group ve it's own debt problem and ur big Europe clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man united etc, except capital oil dnt service their loan which I kn is a norm for blue chip companies. Buhari should stop all this rubbish.
Do you know the terms and conditions of the debt by Capital Oil compared with that of Dangote group? Do you know if Dangote copes better with his conditions than Ifeanyi Uba??

Even at that, if you're wrong you are wrong, it rests on the agency to use their own discretion to choose who they want to punish first. As long as it's certain Capital Oil has gone in contrast with the agreement, AMCON reserves the inalienable right to punish him then when Dangote errs, he gets punished as well

To be on the safe side just meet your debt conditions whether you're Igbo or Hausa then if you still get punished you have the right to stand up and fight against it and trust me EVERYBODY will have your back

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by LeStylo: 8:47am On Apr 16, 2016
modath:

Haaaaaaaaaa?? shocked shocked shocked , Do you know how many bank loans your largest oil distributor defaulted on? How many banks he helped crash? How many billions that AMCON has taken liability for?

You probably don't know since some of these things need mental exercise & it's not a beer parlour kind of gist!!!! undecided

Nigeria is a peculiar place, where when people's misadventures find them out, they proceed to play the VICTIM CARD!!

Gerrarahia with the persecution complex!!!!

*addendum*

I so love you! And Yes! No pun intended cheesy

All sane Igbo folks.... "Does being Igbo preclude debt repayment?

If the first step to business ownership is capital acquisition, (no pun intended) how then are other prospective entrepreneurs supposed to access the capital outlay when one individual thinks himself above conventional Law?

Does using government connection as a shield erase debt? No, it only postpones Judgement day (Pun now fully intended) cool
Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 16, 2016
tankara1010:

I regret coming from the South east full stop.......... get ur money and never to come back until our most useful politician are back the there sense,,,,!!!! Dol e no concern me.
Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 16, 2016
tankara1010:

The question is...Is Ifeanyi Ubah the only Billionaire owing bank? Why freeze all his accounts? How do you want him to continue to run his business? Stop being sentimental Otedola, Jimoh Ibrahim, e.t.c all owe banks way more than what Ifeanyi owes.
Ifeanyi Ubah is not the only billionaire owing the banks. But he happens to be the one that is NOT servicing the Credit facility yet building a mega sport complex.

Let me explain further. If you owe me money, and you do not follow the terms of payments, and you come to me, and say 'Biafran Nigerian, life is tough with me, but I will pay you on so so date', I will understand. But if I see you, at a party, squandering money, then I realize that you are opening new investments and spending cash here and there, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO ?

Ifeanyi Ubah isnt willing to pay the money and shows no interest in paying that is why he is building Sport Complex, signing footballers and even foreign ones and flying in jets to watch matches while owing 100 billion. In fact, he should be in jail while recovery takes place. All billionaires who behave like him should be in jail, cos they destroy the country.

5 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by Nnemuka(f): 8:51am On Apr 16, 2016
tankara1010:

funny you just found out.
You think that awolowo also loved the igbo's when he gave all igbo biz men 20pounds? they hate the igbo's and doing everything possible to cut them out or ground their business to a halt.
Ibeto can testify to that. infact the biz mogul has been reduced to an ordinary pauper since buhari became president. Uzor kalu nko? they are fighting them to kill their businesses.
but the good thing is that God will visit them the way he visited Abacha.
Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by adedayor08(m): 8:57am On Apr 16, 2016
tankara1010:

sir before you start tribalism, does he or does he not own the said amount ?
if he does then y not pay than building a sport complex else where. even zenon was seized .

3 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 16, 2016
emperorchedda:
Do you know the terms and conditions of the debt by Capital Oil compared with that of Dangote group? Do you know if Dangote copes better with his conditions than Ifeanyi Uba??

Even at that, if you're wrong you are wrong, it rests on the agency to use their own discretion to choose who they want to punish first. As long as it's certain Capital Oil has gone in contrast with the agreement, AMCON reserves the inalienable right to punish him then when Dangote errs, he gets punished as well

To be on the safe side just meet your debt conditions whether you're Igbo or Hausa then if you still get punished you have the right to stand up and fight against it and trust me EVERYBODY will have your back
when Bro. I was told that bubu is in China I never knew that the reason is to help his Fellow northern sequel loan. a whooping amount.... naija funny. laughter to other countries
Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by engrchykae(m): 9:05am On Apr 16, 2016
fejicruz:
Soon they'll start saying "they hate us". They will choose to ignore the part of N100 billion debt.
It is the statutory duty of AMCON to buy non-performing loans (NPL) from banks and go about recovering such debts.
AMCON should buy off osun state right away
Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by knxpin(m): 9:06am On Apr 16, 2016
While Dangote the con richest man is dept free.
The real deptors and banks criminals from the north.
Did you forget that your so called African richest bought all the forex from bank causing dollars scarcity to Nigerians.syphoning all the dollars meant for 170 million people? This is no longer with superiority but Hausa superiority.IBO's don't suffer.
Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by Nnemuka(f): 9:07am On Apr 16, 2016
amedave:
you call it stupidity? hmm
You might not want to play the ethnic card but bro open your eyes.
let me school you bout our airports.
do you know that flying from Enugu to China (or any part of Europe) via Ethiopian airline should be around 300,000 even if you buy early, but from lagos its about 200,000. a whooping 100k difference despite the fact that its just an hour from ENU to LOS. if you ask me why, your guess is as good as mine.
air france, lufthansa flying from portharcourt also face same challenges. the fare differences most times are discouraging people to fly from South east but same cant be said of Abuja and Kano airports.

Nobody is saying people owing loans shouldnt pay back but bro Ubah, Uzor kalu, and Ibeto arent the only business men in Nigeria that collects loan.
Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by Myself2(m): 9:13am On Apr 16, 2016
tankara1010:

I strongly believe there is a nexus between Ifeanyi Ubah masses oriented actions ( such as going ahead to sell petrol to Nigerians when other marketers had ganfed up and ageed to hoard it, declaring that he knew the cabal responsible for weakening the naira against other major international currencies) and this court decision to freeze his accounts.

The evil cabal are after Ifeanyi Ubah.
However my gut feeling tells me they can only try, but they will not succeed
Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 16, 2016
When was the loan given? How long has it remained non-performing. AMCON only buys debts from banks when the loans have remained non-performing for a reasonable period of time. These details are needed for objective assessment. Don't just give us a one-sided story.

Meanwhile, I thought part of this loan was recently acquired to help in the building of the ongoing complex in the SE, no? So when and how did it become non-performing? Cos such loans come with moratorium.
Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 16, 2016
tankara1010:

apologies to the enlightened igbos ( I said enlightened not educated as they are not the same thing) but some of your people can be so daft, it beggars belief!

3 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by Emmahunk(m): 9:38am On Apr 16, 2016
tankara1010:

My dear brother, must everything be marginalisation?
Our brother Ifeanyi has an issue which he needs to resolve, how is it cutting him to size?
Warri Port is not functioning as that of Lagos because of the activities of Community touts who have continued to chase investors away from Warri. Shell Petroleum (SPDC) for instance closed shop and moved to PH. That means all the oil servicing firms that employed thousands also moved with them. Talking about PH, are you aware that Dangote's Refinery being built now in Lagos was sited in PH but had to be re located when several communities started fighting for supremacy of control claiming ownership of the land. Imagine the several thousands of jobs lost and billions of Naira lost in terms of other Servicing Companies the Refinery would have attracted. Is that marginalisation?
I think comparing activities at the Enugu International Airport with that of Lagos International Airport all in a bid to prove marginalisation is most unfair. The International Status of the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu was but just yesterday in comparison to the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Lagos that is as old as Nigeria.
Let us look inwards and stop screaming marginalisation all the time. Our problem is often sabotage against ourselves. The very reason why up till today, Anambra State DOES NOT HAVE AN AIRPORT.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by shamecurls(m): 9:44am On Apr 16, 2016
[s]
tankara1010:

[/s]

You tell lies too much.

2 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by shamecurls(m): 9:47am On Apr 16, 2016
Myself2:

I strongly believe there is a nexus between Ifeanyi Ubah masses oriented actions ( such as going ahead to sell petrol to Nigerians when other marketers had ganfed up and ageed to hoard it, declaring that he knew the cabal responsible for weakening the naira against other major international currencies) and this court decision to freeze his accounts.

The evil cabal are after Ifeanyi Ubah.
However my gut feeling tells me they can only try, but they will not succeed

Did u read the article or you just jumped into Conclusion?

2 Likes

Re: Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts by shamecurls(m): 9:48am On Apr 16, 2016
knxpin:
While Dangote the con richest man is dept free.
The real deptors and banks criminals from the north.
Did you forget that your so called African richest bought all the forex from bank causing dollars scarcity to Nigerians.syphoning all the dollars meant for 170 million people? This is no longer with superiority but Hausa superiority.IBO's don't suffer.

What do you gain with telling lies?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NDIC Shuts Down 42 Microfinance Banks / Hauwa Indimi's Bridal Shower Photos / Fidelity Bank Appoints Mustapha Chike-Obi As New Board Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.