Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics (1458 Views)

Photos Of A Boy Who Takes His Disabled Mum To Work Daily Before Going To School / Nigerian Mum's Facial Expression As Her Son Kisses His Bride At The Altar (Photo / Man Dumps His 4 Kids At Agege LGA With Note 'I Can't Feed Them Cos Of Hardship' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics by chie8: 10:11pm On Apr 15, 2016
This is the unedited narration(shared by journalist Seun Oloketuyi) of the neighbor of a woman who constantly locks her children in their flat in Onitsha while she goes off to work in Ebonyi state. I personally think this is wrong. What if there's any form of danger…how would these children escape?

I want you guys to analyse these two pictures very well,it's been bothering me but I don't know what to do..
THIS is where I live in Onitsha,and this pic is my neighbour's flat,we share the ground floor..
The mother of the house is a teacher who teaches in Ebonyi state,nd leaves Onitsha everyday to Ebonyi..She has 5 kids,12,6,3,2 and 1 year respectively. .she travels with the one year old everyday and locks the rest at home..she goes out with the key..so the 12 year old is the one I circled in the pic,I came home for lunch now and I saw the boy crying there,his mom locked him in that place and locked the younger ones in the house,ofc she took the keys ..Prior to this time,she used to lock them all in the house,but the 12 year old will scale thru the toilet window which is the no 1 picture,go out and leave his younger ones in the house from morning till night.Yesterday,his mom came bk around 4pm,earlier than expected and he didn't come bk till 7pm..that's what prompted her to leave him in the mini cell with no food or water.. Firstly , I think locking kids in the house is a bad idea.

Secondly, I don't know what to think,how to advise her and all coz she needs help.. A 12 year old boy scaling ?his younger ones are watching ,what do u think will happen?

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/is-it-wrong-for-mother-to-lock-up-her.html?m=1

Re: Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics by greatgod2012(f): 10:29pm On Apr 15, 2016
Not right at all.
God forbid fire incidence/tragedy!
God forbid armed robbery!
God forbid kidnapping spree!

But are the kids not attending school at all? What I expect is she will dress them all for school, and all of them will leave the house at the same time to individual's school and meet back at home in the afternoon. Even the 12 years old can take the younger ones to school as well.

But is the woman actually a teacher

And what about their father, any gist about him?
Re: Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics by mayorkyzo: 10:30pm On Apr 15, 2016
Try and talk to the lady first before bringing her pics to the public....
Re: Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics by Sistem007(m): 10:34pm On Apr 15, 2016
na na na na na...this is so wrong. Human rights activists could prosecute her for this. its so wrong.

but the 12 year old boy sha. where does he go to that he comes back by 7pm. Na him babe him de go find
Re: Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
When I go blunt against women, many don't understand. My own mother did worse than these to me and left me melancholic; hunger was d least punishment in our house where there's suplus. Some of our relative's children living with us ran off and lots of terrible experiences that's unpleasant to mention abt a mother let alone the horribles ones experienced under foster mothers in d places I lived. Thank God for a bit of grandma's influence b4 she died.

I tell you women are the most self-centered being I've ever lived to know.
Re: Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics by TheArchangel(f): 10:46pm On Apr 15, 2016
This is the situation most women are battling with now. When combining childrearing and trying to make ends meet clashes children often suffer. Where is the man in the picture!!!
I don't even know what to type sef. She should stop locking them up rather she should try to maintain a good cordial relationship with her neighbors to keep an eye on the kids while she go to work or she should haul her mother or mother in law from the villa to come and stay with the kids.
I do not buy the story of this woman travelling everyday from Onitsha to Ebonyi state to work. That's a blatant lie. A trip of more than 3 hours going and three hours coming back everyday, feed me another story please. Shuttling close to 200km +200km everyday Haba
Hell no, bloggers!!

1 Like

Re: Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics by Djailer: 10:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
@Op
Its very wrong if the mother. Anything could happen to them in such condition, from fire incidence; building collapse, arm robbery, and even severe health emergency.

While I commend your concern for the kids' welfare, I think you should have spared the pic from going public.
Re: Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics by taryour(f): 10:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
chie8:
This is the unedited narration of the neighbor of woman who constantly locks her children in their flat in Onitsha while she goes off to work in Ebonyi state. I personally think this is wrong. What if there's any form of danger…how would these children escape?

I want you guys to analyse these two pictures very well,it's been bothering me but I don't know what to do..
THIS is where I live in Onitsha,and this pic is my neighbour's flat,we share the ground floor..
The mother of the house is a teacher who teaches in Ebonyi state,nd leaves Onitsha everyday to Ebonyi..She has 5 kids,12,6,3,2 and 1 year respectively. .she travels with the one year old everyday and locks the rest at home..she goes out with the key..so the 12 year old is the one I circled in the pic,I came home for lunch now and I saw the boy crying there,his mom locked him in that place and locked the younger ones in the house,ofc she took the keys ..Prior to this time,she used to lock them all in the house,but the 12 year old will scale thru the toilet window which is the no 1 picture,go out and leave his younger ones in the house from morning till night.Yesterday,his mom came bk around 4pm,earlier than expected and he didn't come bk till 7pm..that's what prompted her to leave him in the mini cell with no food or water.. Firstly , I think locking kids in the house is a bad idea.

Secondly, I don't know what to think,how to advise her and all coz she needs help.. A 12 year old boy scaling ?his younger ones are watching ,what do u think will happen?

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/is-it-wrong-for-mother-to-lock-up-her.html?m=1

there are indeed different types of mother. I don want to imagine how hungry and unkept those children will be. is she insane? what if the kids play rough and one hits his or her head? what it the 2 year old guts injured or beaten by the elders? who is feeding who or caring for who in her absence?

I don't blame the 12 year old for scaling out tru the window, he simply doesn't want to be locked in from the outside world, if the younger ones could they will scale with him. so the silly woman decides to starve the 12 year old till she returns has punishment Na wa o, she is raising thugs without her knowing it. I hope for her sake and those children's future, she doesn't realise her mistakes when it's too late.

God please protect those kids from any danger.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics by darkenkach(m): 11:18pm On Apr 15, 2016
It's wrong. I was once a victim..
Re: Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics by chie8: 11:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
TheArchangel:
This is the situation most women are battling with now. When combining childrearing and trying to make ends meet clashes children often suffer. Where is the man in the picture!!!
I don't even know what to type sef. She should stop locking them up rather she should try to maintain a good cordial relationship with her neighbors to keep an eye on the kids while she go to work or she should haul her mother or mother in law from the villa to come and stay with the kids.
I do not buy the story of this woman travelling everyday from Onitsha to Ebonyi state to work. That's a blatant lie. A trip of more than 3 hours going and three hours coming back everyday, feed me another story please. Shuttling close to 200km +200km everyday Haba
Hell no, bloggers!!
U don find job for naija before so tey u dey confused?Na when u go know say distance no count.Life is nt easy as u think
Re: Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics by pacino26(m): 12:16am On Apr 16, 2016
Early nineties my brother and I were usually locked up (don't let me out Akon grin )

We'd play with our toys indoors, eat, sleep and watch Toofan or Sholay till she comes back.

Mothers can be over protective cuz the society we live in is not helping matters.

She has her reasons if the story is even true but being wicked isn't an option there so they shouldn't paint her as such.
Re: Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics by Acidosis(m): 7:23am On Apr 16, 2016
I don't understand, how can a mother handle such a condition? open the door for anyone to enter and exit?

I don't see this as a crime. A 12 year of boy should be able to handle the home and her siblings over a short period of time. There are days some women lock their kids in the home, and head straight to the market.

These things happen everywhere, and everyday. I will do same to my ward, if I have an urgent need to attend to.

May be she failed to train her eldest child properly. However, I don't see any wrong in locking up your kid, a 12 year old at that, over a period of time. Of course, only an insane mother would lock up her kids without food, but how OP got that information is beyond me. Since you claimed the door was locked, how did you know the mother starves her children? You broke into their home to get the info?

Not everyone has neighbors, you're a bachelor I suppose, and I doubt you'd be able to look after another woman's children, 5 kids btw.

A 12 year old boy who "jailbreaks" is only being stubborn, and reacting to a failed parenting. For your info, 12 year olds are in JSS 3! Haba!! Some people hire 14 - 15 year old maids in the same country, so what's the issue??

If she'd listen, advise her to send the eldest to a boarding school. The same measure should be applied to the 6yr old when he/she completes her primary education.

1 Like

Re: Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics by egopersonified(f): 8:12am On Apr 16, 2016
There are so many househelps below 12. But the issue to me is locking them in a flat without a key. Op, you guys can work out an arrangement with her where the kids can be allowed to play in the compound with the gate always locked. But the kids would still have a key to open the gate in an emergency or to let other neighbours into the compound. Please don't see this as an issue you should mind your own business, just talk to her like a friend about it and not someone who is judging her.
Re: Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics by bukatyne(f): 8:33am On Apr 16, 2016
Acidosis:
I don't understand, how can a mother handle such a condition? open the door for anyone to enter and exit?

I don't see this as a crime. A 12 year of boy should be able to handle the home and her siblings over a short period of time. There are days some women lock their kids in the home, and head straight to the market.

These things happen everywhere, and everyday. I will do same to my ward, if I have an urgent need to attend to.

May be she failed to train her eldest child properly. However, I don't see any wrong in locking up your kid, a 12 year old at that, over a period of time. Of course, only an insane mother would lock up her kids without food, but how OP got that information is beyond me. Since you claimed the door was locked, how did you know the mother starves her children? You broke into their home to get the info?

Not everyone has neighbors, you're a bachelor I suppose, and I doubt you'd be able to look after another woman's children, 5 kids btw.

A 12 year old boy who "jailbreaks" is only being stubborn, and reacting to a failed parenting. For your info, 12 year olds are in JSS 3! Haba!! Some people hire 14 - 15 year old maids in the same country, so what's the issue??

If she'd listen, advise her to send the eldest to a boarding school. The same measure should be applied to the 6yr old when he/she completes her primary education.

I agree with you.

The eldest is just irresponsible.

1 Like

Re: Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 16, 2016
Please locking children up is wrong and dangerous
If there is an emergency how do they get out or people get in to help them
And please 12 is too young to be left alone to be looking after 4 younger siblings
That other people do it and got away with it doesn't mean that its right or the best method
A child is a child, physically, mentally and emotionally
One of the first things I taught my children was how to open the front and back door if there was an emergency and I was unable to get to them.

I am assuming she is a single mother as no husband has been mentioned in all of this, so I do understand it may be hard for her, however she needs to work out childcare that ensure that her children are safe.
What is the point God if forbid she ends up loosing her kids in an accident?
. . . . And taking the one year old to work with her is just crazy

1 Like

Re: Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics by Onegai(f): 9:39am On Apr 16, 2016
Where is the father in all this?

Well a 12 year old who is responsible can take care of younger kids but hers isn't. Right now, this isn't ideal. Maybe find an elderly lady to watch them until she can sort herself out and speak to her.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

One Husband And 13 Pregnant Wives All At The Same Time. Is It Even Possible? / A Wife Comes Home Late One Night And This Happens / The Time I Spent On A Girl During Sex Is Too Much, Please How Can I Reduce This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.