Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:53 PM

How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music (5148 Views)

What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production / Full Album: Kanye West – The Life Of Pablo(t.l.o.p) + Individual Download Links / Uhuru Is A Music Group In South Africa Not An Individual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 15, 2016
Please, please and please, I don't need any immature comments here. I'm really in a dark place right now, and candid advice would be appreciated, thank you very much.
Now to the subject matter. The thing is, I'm a really good artiste. I've written more songs than I can count, and my delivery is perfect. Now the problem is, I don't really have money to go into the studio and do my recording, and as a perfectionist that I am, I don't wanna work with all these "Chere Were" producers everywhere, i wanna work with the best. After studying the Nigerian market for a looong long time, I have finally come up with my breakout song, but recording, videoshoot, promotion is now wahala cos of my limited finances, and God knows the last thing I need in my life is a record label that'll wanna rip me off. It might sound cocky, but I know my worth.
Now the question is, how do I source for individuals who would be willing to provide me with the necessary funds required (I have arrived at an optimal N500k) as a loan, which would be recouped after the success of my music (with a size-able interest of course)?
Re: How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music by haryomikun(m): 11:22pm On Apr 15, 2016
sexysophie:
Please, please and please, I don't need any immature comments here. I'm really in a dark place right now, and candid advice would be appreciated, thank you very much.
Now to the subject matter. The thing is, I'm a really good artiste. I've written more songs than I can count, and my delivery is perfect. Now the problem is, I don't really have money to go into the studio and do my recording, and as a perfectionist that I am, I don't wanna work with all these "Chere Were" producers everywhere, i wanna work with the best. After studying the Nigerian market for a looong long time, I have finally come up with my breakout song, but recording, videoshoot, promotion is now wahala cos of my limited finances, and God knows the last thing I need in my life is a record label that'll wanna rip me off. It might sound cocky, but I know my worth.
Now the question is, how do I source for individuals who would be willing to provide me with the necessary funds required (I have arrived at an optimal N500k) as a loan, which would be recouped after the success of my music (with a size-able interest of course)?
You need a music label bae... That's the best way to get sponsorship
Re: How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music by haryomikun(m): 11:23pm On Apr 15, 2016
Be very active on twitter, insta and BBM (especially)

Labels do find ppl there
Re: How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 15, 2016
haryomikun:

You need a music label bae... That's the best way to get sponsorship
If any, a small label would do. These big labels and their wahala have tire me.
Re: How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music by overboard(m): 10:32am On Apr 17, 2016
On another thread you asked for good producers and you are yet to do the needful. Please forget the guy that is talking spread legs - he was prolly joking.

Music business in Nigeria is near kalo kalo. Not that it doesn't return the investment, but it seldom does in the general. A lot (not all) of what you are seeing being successful is either of 2 things:

Talent + 'good' branding + wherewithal to spend stupendous amounts to propagate the music = attention, appreciation and returns via digital sales (ringtones and CBRTs), appearances and shows and in select cases endorsement

And the second,

Near talent + average - if any - branding + some wherewithal + God's grace (same also in the first) = attention, appreciation and returns via digital sales (ringtones and CBRTs), appearances and shows and in select cases endorsement

A third scenario is where there is nothing to write home about but the money behind the act is a massive war chest and these are the ones that are everywhere but nowhere and two outcomes await them, to fizzle out or with concerted effort and spending, gain acceptance and success.

Let me not bore you...

Madam, at least post a sample of your music for now... or for those that are interested, let them provide an email in case you don't want it in public domain at all
Re: How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
Bae, the fact is that no sponsor will come if they've not seen any work of yours on ground, which they are impressed with. If you want to go for a loan in a bank, you need collateral. The only other way for you is if you have a well-to-do family member you can run to, who will be willing to assist. Other than those, good record labels are out there, but you still need to start working to convince them. Using those producers is not a bad thing for an upcoming artist; it means starting from the foot of the ladder-which you will be proud of one day when you eventually make it. Record labels are best for upcoming acts: forget what they get from you. Just focus on what you can get from them. I'm sure they can't take up to 10% of your gift before the 1st contract expires, but even if they do, music is a team work, "chop, I chop". So decide cool

1 Like

Re: How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music by B9official(m): 9:42pm On Apr 17, 2016
Bros keep the hustle going,i have a dope producer that can launch u to d world
Check out my newsingle
B9 (Oyedun Blessing)dedicates this beautiful tune titled – Mama, to his mother and all the beautiful, hardworking and caring mothers all over the world.

This amazing piece of music was produced by super-producer – anticankerworm. Do you love your mother? Download and enjoy.https://www.datafilehost.com/d/d1013573
Re: How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 5:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
sexysophie:

I can relate to that and I really feel your pain,im in your shoes and I have tested and I've been heartbroken by these party loop beatmakers(producers)...my advice is this,try finding a foreign music you love,a good and hit one that everybody is familiar with in Nigeria,write a lovely cover and find a good studio to record it,all you need do is download the instrumental for the song which is free and do your thing on it,you'll need pay for mixing and mastering but that's not a huge fee,get it done and take it to cool fm,I know people there who will play your song for free as long as it's dope,creative and different...don't wait around till don jazzy walks up to your door or till you hit the lottery,God gave you a talent its up to you to use it!
Re: How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
Oluwamuyeewa:

I can relate to that and I really feel your pain,im in your shoes and I have tested and I've been heartbroken by these party loop beatmakers(producers)...my advice is this,try finding a foreign music you love,a good and hit one that everybody is familiar with in Nigeria,write a lovely cover and find a good studio to record it,all you need do is download the instrumental for the song which is free and do your thing on it,you'll need pay for mixing and mastering but that's not a huge fee,get it done and take it to cool fm,I know people there who will play your song for free as long as it's dope,creative and different...don't wait around till don jazzy walks up to your door or till you hit the lottery,God gave you a talent its up to you to use it!
Wow. Thanks a lot for this. The producers broke your heart how please?

1 Like

Re: How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 1:54pm On Apr 19, 2016
sexysophie:
Wow. Thanks a lot for this. The producers broke your heart how please?

The whole intrumental plus mixing& mastering was wack..I still have the track in my bag,my best friend and my cousin are the people who ever got a chance to listene to it,they commended me on it but it's not up to my standard!

1 Like

Re: How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 21, 2016
Oluwamuyeewa:

The whole intrumental plus mixing& mastering was wack..I still have the track in my bag,my best friend and my cousin are the people who ever got a chance to listene to it,they commended me on it but it's not up to my standard!
Lol. I can reckon. Is there anyone you would recommend? A friend wants to do a cover of Justin Bieber's 'What do you mean?'
Re: How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music by crazygod(m): 8:01am On Apr 22, 2016
Oluwamuyeewa:

Dude are u serious about the cool fm peeps not collecting money to play ur song? I need to know more.
Re: How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
crazygod:

Dude are u serious about the cool fm peeps not collecting money to play ur song? I need to know more.
Ion think anyone collects money in radio stations, abi am I being naive?
Re: How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music by crazygod(m): 2:57pm On Apr 22, 2016
sexysophie:
Ion think anyone collects money in radio stations, abi am I being naive?
So far from experience, OAPs collect money from upcoming artists except u put ur song on play or stop shows and with the kind of music the average nigerian youth listen to, ur song might not be played eventually. To get assurrance that ur song will be played, u have to play
Re: How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 7:08am On Apr 25, 2016
crazygod:

It's easy,just get your demo cd and go down to thier station,someone will attend to you

NB: your song must be dope! Or else they'll simply collect it and you'll never hear it on radio
Re: How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 7:10am On Apr 25, 2016
sexysophie:

Lol. I can reckon. Is there anyone you would recommend? A friend wants to do a cover of Justin Bieber's 'What do you mean?'

Can't recommend anybody but if you're in Lagos there are recording studios everywhere....you'll see a good one in no time.

1 Like

Re: How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music by stenly: 4:35pm On Mar 01, 2017
We should promote out music on music download apps (http://musicdownloaders.org/) in orders get attract sponsors for our music. These are thousands of platforms along with these music apps in orders to promote music. In any industry expose our talent to a perticular community is important. Indirectly, Promotion is importanant.

(1) (Reply)

Songs That Cant Be Found On Your Ipod, Mp3, Phones And So On / Rate Cosmo 105.5 Fm Enugu And Rhythm 93.7 Fm Lagos. / Download|kiss Daniel X Wizkid – Good Time (wizkid Version)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.