Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' (18974 Views)

Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? / Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys / Why Do Married Women Have To Be Addressed As Mrs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 16, 2016
AirSultan:
He musta his reasons. I am starting to think you are. Should i?
Yeah nd Nah.
Depends on u
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2016
HateU2:
Yeah nd Nah.
Depends on u
I choose not to, it might be a harmless and unintentional mood swing smiley . Wont like to judge someone because of somethng so trivial. Wont want to judge anyone under any circumştance sef. smiley
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 16, 2016
AirSultan:
I choose not to, it might be a harmless and unintentional mood swing smiley . Wont like to judge someone because of somethng so trivial. Wont want to judge anyone under any circumştance sef. smiley
heheheheh

Nice one
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 16, 2016
HateU2:
heheheheh
Nice one
welcome.
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by HRich(m): 3:02pm On Apr 16, 2016
Mbkite:
I have noticed that most single ladies get angry when you address them as 'madam' but, its not the case with single men. I have noticed this even in the corporate setting especially in Nigeria.
Why would you address her as "ma'" when you know she's still single and seriously searching? Na bad marketed insult naw.
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 16, 2016
HateU2:
se o ri. Stfu ni o bribe mi ki n support omo yen. U did not inform me on time nah. Kini ka se
wts her name again?
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by miqos02(m): 3:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
I see
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2016
All this one that babes above are saying call me "Kash " or by my name, hmmmm una try.
In the medical world, no try am oooo. Small girl wey be ur senior doctor , if you try to be funky and call her by her name, na you know. Ur own beans don done be that
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by bxcode(m): 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2016
Ma'am is more appropriate, I use it often and haven't noticed their dislike over it. Would they rather be addressed as girl??
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by iykekelvins(m): 3:21pm On Apr 16, 2016
naughtynaughty:
my primary skul classmate cheesy tongue cool
You sef they flirt
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by amtaken(f): 3:24pm On Apr 16, 2016
Broke guys always have this feeling that they are young even when their mates are grandpas.

Anytime they see a married lady driving a big car or chauffeur driven and living a good life they begin to call her mumsy, aunty or madam even when the lady in question is younger that their youngest sibling.
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 16, 2016
AirSultan:
welcome.
smiley wink
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2016
naughtynaughty:
wts her name again?
l.anicky
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by Oluwawapelumi(m): 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2016
Titilayooni MarieSucre
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by Nathanieloo7(m): 3:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
cos they don't want ppl to spoil their market
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by Nathanieloo7(m): 3:44pm On Apr 16, 2016
[quote author=amtaken post=44757659]Broke guys always have this feeling that they are young even when their mates are grandpas.

Anytime they see a married lady driving a big car or chauffeur driven and living a good life they begin to call her mumsy, aunty or madam even when the lady in question is younger that their youngest sibling.

wat is this one saying

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by notoriousbabe: 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2016
HateU2:
We all wanna remain young 4eva even if we are 90 cheesy.
Iffa give birth self, nobody must call me 'mummy tife or mummy anything'. It will make me feel old undecided. Call me my name, simple!
mama Ngozi you dey here?how market now?
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by oriflamebaby1(f): 3:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
Lol
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by tintedniggz(m): 3:52pm On Apr 16, 2016
Amelian:
Its not cool , even we single ladies call.ourselves babe and the young married ones preffered to be called babes within their circle..
Most annoying is when a guy yur dating calling one ma.

For me ,that was the end of the relationship.. If after three times,i say my displeasure of ma and still yur trying only God knows what? Then its over.. Next time, when he dates the next babe, he will never forget to call her bae or honey instead of ma'am or ma.. E brain go work wella next time..
When shes married, then by all.means call her madam, she will.smile and listen to what u have to say.

Interesting.
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by babyfaceafrica: 3:55pm On Apr 16, 2016
amtaken:
Broke guys always have this feeling that they are young even when their mates are grandpas.

I pray. You. Have sense

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by rosieluv(f): 3:56pm On Apr 16, 2016
i luk bein called madam ooooo,na wetin my mama dey call me smtymz sef. I lyk it tho coz of my small stature,madam mkz me feel lyk one big woman
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2016
[quote author=iykekelvins post=44757580] You sef they flirt[/quotwho e]who are u supportin fr miss NL
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
HateU2:
We all wanna remain young 4eva even if we are 90 cheesy.
Iffa give birth self, nobody must call me 'mummy tife or mummy anything'. It will make me feel old undecided. Call me my name, simple!
Ur offspring shall certainly address yu by ur name since that's what yu crave.
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by sweetgala(m): 4:11pm On Apr 16, 2016
Amelian:
Its not cool , even we single ladies call.ourselves babe and the young married ones preffered to be called babes within their circle..
Most annoying is when a guy yur dating calling one ma.

For me ,that was the end of the relationship.. If after three times,i say my displeasure of ma and still yur trying only God knows what? Then its over.. Next time, when he dates the next babe, he will never forget to call her bae or honey instead of ma'am or ma.. E brain go work wella next time..
When shes married, then by all.means call her madam, she will.smile and listen to what u have to say.

But for me when I meet an adult lady who is not known to me I would usually address her as ma'am until she corrects me , or if she signals she'll like to be known as such, or I would refer to her as miss xxxxx ( insert last name)
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
SexyStrawberry:

Lol, u need to see the way she calls me this madam, and she's very fat o, as in really fat, plus she senior me wella for age, den she wan claim youngy by calling me madam, whatever happened to my name in her memory I dunno coz it seemed my name was now replaced with madam whenever she sees me, ehn so me too I replaced her name too with aunty, as people come dey look am, she come dey vex, since that day, na my name she dey call me or she will say fine girl grin
lwkmd women and their wahala !

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by sweetgala(m): 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2016
HateU2:
u don hear ooo.
I'm dating him, ask him undecided

Na lie Na lie nah lie. NL people come see something, we don find lalastic wife , so if that guy try do me yanga I go pass am to his madam
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by amokeme(f): 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2016
I really don't mind.... if you like call me anty, ma, madame cool Mummy. All join ill answer.
In fact, the caller will be the one looking stupid and belittled cheesy so I really don't understand why I should get angry. But I prefer to call people by their surname instead. I don't like all this "Aunty, sister, nonsense. To me it's not a yardstick to measure my respect.
Mrs Mr Miss are better attachments
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 16, 2016
KashyBaby:
Juz call me Kash, OP grin

"Madam" is too formal & oldish .. wink lots of females are allergic to this address cool
i recall donkey years ago when i called a lady Madam. The insults and tantrums i received from her really shaped my outlook about it till today.

Today all ladies unmarried are called Baby by me to make them feel younger and lively
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2016
amokeme:
I really don't mind.... if you like call me anty, ma, madame cool Mummy. All join ill answer.
In fact, the caller will be the one looking stupid and belittled cheesy so I really don't understand why I should get angry. But I prefer to call people by their surname instead. I don't like all this "Aunty, sister, nonsense. To me it's not a yardstick to measure my respect.
Mrs Mr Miss are better attachments
The truth is that ladies who are very matured and still unmarried tend to take offence tp being called Ma
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by amokeme(f): 4:31pm On Apr 16, 2016
Fedayeen:
The truth is that ladies who are very matured and still unmarried tend to take offence tp being called Ma

I don't feel it's offensive tho. It's a sign of respect
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 16, 2016
amokeme:
I don't feel it's offensive tho. It's a sign of respect
Trust me ypu won't be able to reconcile with it at this age but if you are up to 34 and still unmarried you will understand it better. #NoOffence

Its a mental thing of trying to remain young and relevant
Re: Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 16, 2016
Fedayeen:
i recall donkey years ago when i called a lady Madam. The insults and tantrums i received from her really shaped my outlook about it till today.

Today all ladies unmarried are called Baby by me to make them feel younger and lively

Yeaaaah boo...we like that... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Moment A Man Shed Tears Of Joy As His Wife Praised Him (Video) / Man Surprises His Wife With A Car As Valentine Gift (Photos) / Wife Raped By Brother-in-law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.