Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) (20019 Views)

19-Year-Old Orphan Who Refused To Abort Pregnancy After She Was Gang Raped / Deportee In Tears As Only Son Dies, Wife Marries Best Friend (pic) / Woman Battered By Her Husband For Refusing Sex (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by dre11(m): 10:29am On Apr 16, 2016
By HENRY OKONKWO

FIVE years after losing her husband, Ngozi Peter picked the bits and pieces of her life together. As a young lady, she sought love again and got involved in a relationship with Mr. Chinedu Ndubuisi. But rather than get the bliss she desired, she got blisters, scars and wounds from an alleged physical assault from her lover.

According to Ms Peter, she met Mr. Ndubuisi, an air-conditioner technician, when she decided to move on with life by relocating to Lagos after living as a widow for half a decade. Mr. Ndubuisi then came into her life with the promise to marry her.

He asked her to move in with him because he wanted to marry her. in a bid to give the relationship a chance, the widow moved in with the young man in his one-room apartment, at 8, Sanu Street, Ikeja, Lagos.

They lived together for two years while Ndubuisi promised to marry her when she gets pregnant for him. When she eventually got pregnant for Ndubuisi, he allegedly started demanding for money, and the documents of some of the landed properties left for Ms Peter by her late husband, giving that as a condition to start their wedding process. According to Ms Peter, she gave him over N100, 000 to start their wedding arrangement but insisted they must be legally married first before she could hand over her land documents to him.

Her refusal to surrender the documents seemed to have gotten him incensed, she added.

However, he bottled up his anger until the midnight on 6th April when he exploded with fury. “Because of my eight-week pregnancy, I suspended my clothes business at Igando,” the Amorka, Imo State born widow told Saturday Sun. “But he stopped bringing money to assist me or support my upkeep. Still, I was using my savings to prepare food in the house.

“On that fateful day, I prepared his favourite meal. When he came back around 7pm, he said he won’t eat the food and left the house. He returned around 11pm in the night. Again he left saying that I should leave the door unlocked. Since I was not sure of when he would return, I locked the door and waited for him.

He came back around midnight, and I went to open the door. He got angry that I locked the door and started abusing me. He asked me why I should lock the door, saying I don’t have any value since I refused to bring money or my land documents. I told him the documents are not with me. He shouted at me calling me a liar and that I don’t want to bring money for our marriage.

He said that I should be grateful that he wants to marry me. I told him it’s a taboo in my village for a woman to pay her own bride price. I said that he should make up the remaining sum if he’s serious about settling down with me.

“At that point, he descended on me. He slapped me, asking why I dared talk back at him. I asked him what I’ve done to him but he kept beating me. He then told me that he was out to give me the biggest disgrace of my life that night. He tore my wrapper, and pushed me outside the house. I didn’t fight him because I was trying to hide my unclothedness with my hands. But he kept beating me and grabbed my throat attempting to strangle me. None of the male neighbours came out because they knew I was naked. It was only one neighbour that mustered the courage to intervene with his wife.

The woman brought her clothes to cover my body. While Chinedu went about breaking every property I bought and kept in his house. “After destroying my gas cooker, laptop and other valuables, he came back again and started beating me. He dragged me on the floor trying to strip me naked again. I ran out of the compound into the streets. He chased me with an iron rod that he used to flog me on the head.

At that point, some street boys staying under the bridge at Awolowo road rushed at him. But he freed his hands and grabbed my hand trying to drag me back to the house. The street boys refused insisting that I should not go back to the house with him if I wanted to live. One of them gave me N200 to get a taxi and run to a nearby police station. I was taken to the Police Station, and it was there that I collapsed, and found myself at the Accident and Emergency (A & E) Unit of Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH).”

Saturday Sun leant that policemen rushed her to the hospital around 2am Thursday last week and allegedly abandoned her there. She was there in a state of coma at the A&E Unit until a certain Mr. Samson Ezeh, a member of the Deeper Life Church saw her lying unattended to and decided to assist her. According to Mr Ezeh, he had witnessed three people die at the A&E and was spurred to do something to avoid Ms Ngozi from also giving up the ghost.

“I feel that God used me to help save Mrs Peter,” Mr. Ezeh told Saturday Sun. “I came to LUTH at about 3am to get emergency medical attention for my cousin who started screaming at the middle of the night. But when we got there he suddenly became well again. Then I noticed how people where just dying at the A&E. I watched one die, few minutes later I saw another person die and before long the third person died. I couldn’t bear the sight. Then I noticed Ms. Peter lying lifeless there at the A&E. I was moved to try and help out. I approached one of the medical officials asking how I could assist. And they gave me a list of items to buy so that they can commence treatment. I went out and bought all of them that early morning and didn’t leave until around 8am.”

Ms Ngozi was under admission at the hospital for almost a week. When Saturday Sun visited her, she appeared traumatized but still calm even with the scars of wounds and bruises all over her face, body, hands, knees and el­bows. “These ones you see are very minor wounds when compared to the scars of wounds she carries at the back, butts, thighs and other private region”, said Mr Ezeh who has been footing her medical bills in the hospital.

The widow stated that she was stranded at LUTH because her phone was taken from her by Ndubuisi preventing her to call her parents or any of her relations. “I feel bad because my family would be disappointed in me for getting involved in this kind of incident. They may think I was bewitched because they all believe that I’m living a comfortable life here in Lagos. I’m the only daughter of my parents. I have three brothers; one is based abroad while the other two live in Abuja. I was married to a Ghanaian sailor that loved me very much.

We have a daughter together. But he died in a shipwreck. My daughter who is 14 year old studies abroad. I remained a widow for five years, and really wanted to move on with life and settle down again. That was why I got into a relationship with Ndubuisi. I still can’t believe how he treated me. Up till now, I still feel pains from the punching he gave me on the chest. I still bled as at yesterday because of the miscarriage of my eight weeks pregnancy,” she alleged.

Saturday Sun also learnt that Ngozi has been referred to Yaba Psychiatry Hospital for medical examination to rule out fears of probable brain damage due to head injuries.

“When she came out of coma, she was acting and saying strange things. It is apparent that she is traumatized by the beatings she got, but we want her to go see a neurosurgeon, to make sure the hits she got on the head didn’t damage any part of her brain”, said a medical official that pleaded anonymity.

According to Ngozi, her biggest concern now is how to move her belongings out of Ndubisi’s place. She has petitioned the Area F Police Command, Ikeja to seek justice.

http://sunnewsonline.com/pregnant-widow-loses-pregnancy-after-being-beaten-by-man-friend/

1 Share

Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by DanceVille: 10:32am On Apr 16, 2016
That man must be part of #EyanMayWeatherCrew..
That's unfair.

6 Likes

Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by DanceVille: 10:35am On Apr 16, 2016
That man needs to be barter too by his wife.
Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by adidasBarca: 10:39am On Apr 16, 2016
Very hard for me to hold back my tears. May God comfort you my sister, you lost your husband and got into another hell while trying to continue with your life. Some men can be silly sha, what stops the lazy thing from working hard and make his money. I pray the woman find justice and terminate the pregnancy before the silly mofo use that as an excuse to fulfill his dream by killing the woman and inherit her.

15 Likes

Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by kingphilip(m): 10:42am On Apr 16, 2016
this na serious begge o
Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by ijustdey: 1:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
He said that I should be grateful that he wants to marry me. I told him it’s a taboo in my village for a woman to pay her own bride price. I said that he should make up the remaining sum if he’s serious about settling down with me.

“At that point, he descended on me. He slapped me, asking why I dared talk back at him. I asked him what I’ve done to him but he kept beating me. He then told me that he was out to give me the biggest disgrace of my life that night. He tore my wrapper, and pushed me outside the house. I didn’t fight him because I was trying to hide my unclothedness with my hands. But he kept beating me and grabbed my throat attempting to strangle me

the man never like you but was accommodating you because of what you had from your previous marriage

who on earth will ask a woman to pay for her bride price if he really loved and wants to marry herundecided

8 Likes

Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by hemartins(m): 2:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
You married a widow because you want to inherit her late husband's property.

9 Likes

Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by mynduu44: 2:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
Hmm
Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by Sunofgod(m): 2:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
Woman - you have no luck with men.

Please retire,

1 Like

Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by Nairadays: 2:44pm On Apr 16, 2016
Bad, besides how old is she and she's spent 5 years of her life as a widow.

This is really painful and sorrowful, I really feel for you my sister. God still has plans for you by sending that good Samaritan your way.

The way they treat linely A&E patients at LASUTH Ikeja is so disheartening.

2 Likes

Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by Pavore9: 2:45pm On Apr 16, 2016
Sighs.....when you are involved with the wrong person, it will be a life of circles! angry
Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by miqos02(m): 2:45pm On Apr 16, 2016
ok
Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by iyatrustee(f): 2:46pm On Apr 16, 2016
Why refer to her as a widow again? She has moved on with her life.

As for the man, i wonder how women dey stay with such monsters.

Now she has lost her baby, she should run before she would loose her own life.
Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by knightsTempler: 2:47pm On Apr 16, 2016
angry embarassed
Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by BABANGBALI: 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
I only came to check names
Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 16, 2016
Too bad, some men are just plain heartless. A hybrid of Pharaoh, Nebuchadnezzar and Herod.

2 Likes

Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by Hillzy(m): 2:53pm On Apr 16, 2016
Animalistic men like this need to be leaving in d bush, with those fulani's
Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by karlswizzy(m): 2:58pm On Apr 16, 2016
see APC love

2 Likes

Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by Uniquekriss(m): 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2016
Why would she move into d man's house, a 1room apartment 4dat mata.

1 Like

Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2016

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 16, 2016
Uniquekriss:
Why would she move into d man's house, a 1room apartment 4dat mata.
My guy it's not easy na, you don't need to be a woman to understand what single mums go through to gain a man's acceptance
Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by bezimo(m): 3:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
This is so pathetic and dehumanizing. Any man that beat his girlfriend or wife is a goat.

Infact he is less than an animal because even animals don't beat their partners.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by luciouscookie: 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2016
olrotimi:

When I got to this part, I skipped to the comments. I mean, what else do we have to know about the man, what else do we have to say?
I don't wanna paint this in tribal colours but am I surprised he is igbo? Hell to the No!
My igbo brothers keep shaming me wherever I go. We can sell even our Father for money.
How on earth would you ask a woman to give you such as a pre-condition for marriage, what happened to his dignity as a man?
That's one thing I still like about the yorubas and
Hausas, if they don't have, then they dont have and you would know it. They wouldn't kill to get rich
Really undecided
Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by CaptainRahl(m): 3:16pm On Apr 16, 2016
This Chinedu guy is a heartless gold-digger...
Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by Cutemi(f): 3:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
Sunofgod:
Please retire,

May God forgive u.

4 Likes

Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by Cutemi(f): 3:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
Sunofgod:
Please retire,

May God forgive u.

5 Likes

Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by bayinq25(m): 3:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by watered(m): 3:45pm On Apr 16, 2016
Some men need their heads re-examined!
Re: Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) by AdemolaA2: 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2016
adidasBarca:
Very hard for me to hold back my tears. May God comfort you my sister, you lost your husband and got into another hell while trying to continue with your life. Some men can be silly sha, what stops the lazy thing from working hard and make his money. I pray the woman find justice and terminate the pregnancy before the silly mofo use that as an excuse to fulfill his dream by killing the woman and inherit her.

She has lost the pregnancy already and that was why she bled .. she's a petty woman in a sad and unfortunate situation . The lazy man will definitely rot in jail ..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests / How Can I Handle My Younger Brother / Ways To Make Your Wife Listen To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.