Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi (47661 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? / The Power Of God’s Word – W.F. Kumuyi / Deeper Life Crusades, Retreats And Revivals — (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by Jozzy4: 3:42pm On Jul 09, 2016
blessedvisky:

You are an embittered and pained person that's why you have to tell LIES to defend yourself. What the Bible records is JESUS Christ chasing out the money changers and Dove sellers

Lol, I don't think you still need to be told that the underlined are exactly those I called ' useless men ' , in fact Jesus call them THIEVES . next time, u need to calm down.

Matthew 21:12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, 21:13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

The reactions of the people were not recorded. Can you now see where bitterness has gotten you??

I never said the reaction of the people were recorded, kindly re-read my statement please cheesy

" guess the reaction of people LIKE YOU ' the Guy ( Jesus) sounds bitter and pained"

I believe that is clear for someone honest, GUESS! the reaction of people like You is NOT the same as it was recorded that.

comprehension!

What makes you think Olaadegbu is my teacher?? Oh I forgot that pained people like you also tend to be irrational in thinking. You really need help.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Going by these verses, we obviously see that a man's BODY came from from the Earth while the spirit comes from God. This makes Genesis 2:7 and 1:26 clearer

and which exactly is the man , the spirit from God/breath of life , or the dust ? am happy you quote the above verses, according to the scriptures, what u called dust/body is THE MAN ! that's the simple point u need to understand. Gen 2:7

2 Likes

Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:46pm On Jul 21, 2016
goodnews201668:

If dead people are already in hell and heaven, what's the essence of the judgements? Thought judgement was to determine what their reward will be. In other words you are saying people are already receiving their rewards prior to judgement.

At death ones fate is sealed. Do the police put people in detention until they get convicted in court? undecided
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:09pm On Aug 05, 2016
simplex2:

Land grabbers! Make I see any of una for hell na dia una go know say I dey vex!

Make una carry una self-righteous body go heaven; leave hell for us.

If u don't make heaven, carry your own fuel, firewood and matches go start your own fire somewhere else.

Once again, leave hell for us!

Hell is neither meant for you nor I but for satan and his fallen angels. cool
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:30am On Aug 06, 2016
Muafrika2:

What do you make of this?

The G.S. is saying the awful truth. That all church goers, especially those coming to Deeper Life who refuse to genuinely repent from their sins but continue in their sins despite hearing the word of faith would be the most miserable ones in hell especially when they could have avoided it.
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 06, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

The G.S. is saying the awful truth. That all church goers, especially those coming to Deeper Life who refuse to genuinely repent from their sins but continue in their sins despite hearing the word of faith would be the most miserable ones in hell especially when they could have avoided it.

I see. I guess he was just encouraging the church members to take their faith seriously

1 Like

Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:17am On Aug 06, 2016
Muafrika2:

I see. I guess he was just encouraging the church members to take their faith seriously

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God"? (1 Peter 4:17).

Yes, because judgment must start in the house of God.
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 06, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God"? (1 Peter 4:17).

Yes, because judgment must start in the house of God.

Alright
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:28pm On Aug 08, 2016
Jozzy4:

my point is clear, If God did not send Adam [ who sold mankind to sin] to hell , that tells you its baseless taking the op serious

Do you now believe God sends sinners to hell? undecided
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:55am On Aug 09, 2016
malvisguy212:

2 Peter 2:21
It would have been better for them not to have
known the way of righteousness, than to have
known it and then to turn their backs on the
sacred command that was passed on to them.

In as much as knowledge is pertinent, but what is the importance of knowledge if we are not going to use it? It also shows that knowledge by itself is not enough for salvation, it is until we receive Christ as our personal Saviour and Lord and in true repentance and faith before we can be seen to make proper use of that knowledge. It is the truth that we know and act upon that makes us free. smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by simplex2: 5:07am On Aug 11, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Hell is neither meant for you nor I but for satan and his fallen angels. cool

Was it made before they fell or after they fell? I guess before, that means God knew some angels would revolt even after he made them 'perfect'. I guess he also knows I will be heading there so no need trying to sound humane.

I know for sure there are great scientist already there so they must have figured out a way to design a heat transfer equipment to make the place inhabitable. Still better than being a zombie in heaven. Singing allellujah forever.
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
paxonel:

This approach of getting people repent by threatening hell do not go well at all.
Do you know how long this man has been threatening hell in that church? Since 30 years ago, yet the sin is increasing.
This shows that threats do no good but even more harm.
Threats make people to become dumb and mumu.
Why not educate the church members how to go about stop commiting sin rather than showering threats of hotter hell?

How is it a threat? Giving the right warning at the right time prevents casualties. Read the article below to see that scare tactics are not necessarily threats but loving timely warnings.

A number of years ago, the United States embarked upon an advertising campaign in which they used crash test dummies. In it they asked the question:

"What goes through the head of a dummy when he is involved in a head-on collision and is not wearing his seat belt?"

And as they showed the crash in slow motion, a deep voice said, "THE STEERING WHEEL," and then they showed the steering wheel crushing the head of the dummy. It then concluded with "Don't be a dummy -- buckle up!"

They were clearly using "scare tactics." But nobody complained, because it IS a scary thing to have your head crushed by a steering wheel. They were legitimate scare tactics.

When we talk about Hell, it produces a legitimate fear. The Bible says, "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:31). The apostle Paul said "Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men" (2 Corinthians 5:11).

If you're not a Christian, it's because you don't fear God. You have your own conception of what He is like. But when you look at Scripture, you will begin to legitimately fear. That's good, because you should.

Jesus said: "Fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in Hell" (Matthew 10:28). It is the fear of God that will help you to let go of your darling sins (see Proverbs 16:6).

Go to www.needGod.com for further details.

1 Share

Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2016
4C2215131:

They ask why I respect him.

I reply by letting them know that he is one pastor I can say tell it like it is, thrashing his congregation regularly, starting judgement from his own household unlike these other nauseating god of men.

Respec wink
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23am On Aug 22, 2016
orunto27:

Hell-fire is not inferno. It is a relative state of sufferings. Right now, every Nigerian is in hell-fire of economic depression. God stands @akimbo watching, sorting and judging everything.

Really? undecided
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by paxonel(m): 9:09am On Sep 03, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

How is it a threat? Giving the right warning at the right time prevents casualties. Read the article below to see that scare tactics are not necessarily threats but loving timely warnings.

A number of years ago, the United States embarked upon an advertising campaign in which they used crash test dummies. In it they asked the question:

"What goes through the head of a dummy when he is involved in a head-on collision and is not wearing his seat belt?"

And as they showed the crash in slow motion, a deep voice said, "THE STEERING WHEEL," and then they showed the steering wheel crushing the head of the dummy. It then concluded with "Don't be a dummy -- buckle up!"

They were clearly using "scare tactics." But nobody complained, because it IS a scary thing to have your head crushed by a steering wheel. They were legitimate scare tactics.

When we talk about Hell, it produces a legitimate fear. The Bible says, "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:31). The apostle Paul said "Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men" (2 Corinthians 5:11).

If you're not a Christian, it's because you don't fear God. You have your own conception of what He is like. But when you look at Scripture, you will begin to legitimately fear. That's good, because you should.

Jesus said: "Fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in Hell" (Matthew 10:28). It is the fear of God that will help you to let go of your darling sins (see Proverbs 16:6).

Go to www.needGod.com for further details.
the article summaries that we need God to be in heaven, not to be afraid of God as if God is a kind of tyrant who throw people who commit sin into hell delightfully.
also, to fear God and to be afraid of hell are not the same thing.
to fear God simply means to keep the commandments.
But hell?
i really do not know why people continually use hell to threaten people to do the right thing.
it is a primitive approach.
I'm very sure a lot of people commit sin simply because they are ignorant, not because they are not aware of hell.
hell is a cheap threat.
it encourages corruption especially when people eventually find out that there is no correlation between the hell punishment with the physical consequences of their actions just like there is no correlation between heaven(faith ) and works. romans 3:27.
or are you not supprise that most corrupt politicians we have today are church ushers, choir members, Pastors, teachers of deeper life, redeem, winners, christ embassy, mfm,Catholic etc?
obviously, nobody is really teaching.
they have been busy showering threats of hell
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
paxonel:

the article summaries that we need God to be in heaven, not to be afraid of God as if God is a kind of tyrant who throw people who commit sin into hell delightfully.
also, to fear God and to be afraid of hell are not the same thing.
to fear God simply means to keep the commandments.

You obviously don't know what it means to fear God because if you do you would have taken heed to what our Lord Jesus Christ said about who we should fear and the reasons why we should fear Him. Paul also said that it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God and that we should be aware of the terror of God. If you fear God you will depart from iniquity.

paxonel:

But hell?
i really do not know why people continually use hell to threaten people to do the right thing.
it is a primitive approach.
I'm very sure a lot of people commit sin simply because they are ignorant, not because they are not aware of hell.
hell is a cheap threat.

To warn folks about hell is simply doing what our Lord Jesus and His apostles did. It is a legitimate scare tactic according to the article. I am sure that you will alert your loved ones who are asleep when there is a gigantic conflagration engulfing their magnificent domicile, wouldn't you?

paxonel:

it encourages corruption especially when people eventually find out that there is no correlation between the hell punishment with the physical consequences of their actions just like there is no correlation between heaven(faith ) and works. romans 3:27.

You are on your own here.

paxonel:

or are you not supprise that most corrupt politicians we have today are church ushers, choir members, Pastors, teachers of deeper life, redeem, winners, christ embassy, mfm,Catholic etc?
obviously, nobody is really teaching.
they have been busy showering threats of hell

Speak for yourself. Are you in love with sin? If so, repent and believe the gospel truth. Below is another article on lift (elevator) accidents.

I was doing research on elevator accidents and was horrified by what I read. After reading of these I wanted to tell everyone to be careful stepping through the closing doors of an elevator. If you get caught in a doorway and the elevator goes up or down, it will rip your limbs or even your head off. Please take care.

I shared these thoughts because I wouldn't want my worst enemy to suffer such a horror. And it's the same with the warnings about the existence of Hell.

Some could say of the warning about the danger of elevators "You are scare-mongering. I don't believe anyone has ever been killed by them. You are anti-elevators and you hate science" and dismiss it. No big deal really, because the chances of dying in an elevator are pretty slim.

But your ultimate death is 100% sure. It's just a matter of time. All we can do is warn you that God means what He says. He will punish all evil. It's then up to you to believe or not believe what we say. Belief is important, because what you believe will shape your worldview and ultimately your eternal destiny. See www.needGod.com for details on how to find everlasting life.

1 Share

Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by paxonel(m): 7:49pm On Sep 03, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

You obviously don't know what it means to fear God because if you do you would have taken heed to what our Lord Jesus Christ said about who we should fear and the reasons why we should fear Him. Paul also said that it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God and that we should be aware of the terror of God. If you fear God you will depart from iniquity.

To warn folks about hell is simply doing what our Lord Jesus and His apostles did. It is a legitimate scare tactic according to the article. I am sure that you will alert your loved ones who are asleep when there is a gigantic conflagration engulfing their magnificent domicile, wouldn't you?

You are on your own here.

Speak for yourself. Are you in love with sin? If so, repent and believe the gospel truth. Below is another article on lift (elevator) accidents.

I was doing research on elevator accidents and was horrified by what I read. After reading of these I wanted to tell everyone to be careful stepping through the closing doors of an elevator. If you get caught in a doorway and the elevator goes up or down, it will rip your limbs or even your head off. Please take care.

I shared these thoughts because I wouldn't want my worst enemy to suffer such a horror. And it's the same with the warnings about the existence of Hell.

Some could say of the warning about the danger of elevators "You are scare-mongering. I don't believe anyone has ever been killed by them. You are anti-elevators and you hate science" and dismiss it. No big deal really, because the chances of dying in an elevator are pretty slim.

But your ultimate death is 100% sure. It's just a matter of time. All we can do is warn you that God means what He says. He will punish all evil. It's then up to you to believe or not believe what we say. Belief is important, because what you believe will shape your worldview and ultimately your eternal destiny. See www.needGod.com for details on how to find everlasting life.
let me ask you this question.
what do you understand by hell?
mere looking at the dictionary meaning of hell you will realise that peoples mind have been tilted towards something else by religion especially in Africa.
thank God, those of us who care to be free from religious teachings by asking questions and not being dogmatic, knows what Jesus meant by hell fire or hell in the Bible.
it means death, grave.
check your dictionary.
Now, don't tell me I'm on my own or i should speak for my self,because Nigeria is yet to be free from the grip of religious errors introduced to Africa by uneducated missionaries centuries ago, which we are still holding today in association with African traditional norms like leach. hence, the corrupt mindset of people.
if i refuse to speak to point out the cause of corruption, the effect of corruption will surely bounce back at me and you in this country as it has always done.
you know it.
95% of Nigerian christians including you, do not know that hell means grave. You think it is fire burning people?
meanwhile, when you travel to Europe who brought Christianity to Africa, where corruption is minimal, to tell an average Christian that hell fire means fire burning people, He will laugh at you and ask, are you African? no wonder!!!
95% africans do not understand figurative languages. Pastors are the worst hit because they are so emotionally enthusiastic that they lost their reasoning. Yet they teach vast number of people.
Revelation 20:14 says And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
So, lake of fire is simply death or grave if we must be realistic to interprete figurative languages.
the stream of error is not only in hell fire doctrine of burning people , it goes like that to the doctrines of end time, rapture, etc. All designed to put fear in the mind of africans and render them less productive.
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2016
paxonel:

let me ask you this question.
what do you understand by hell?
mere looking at the dictionary meaning of hell you will realise that peoples mind have been tilted towards something else by religion especially in Africa.
thank God, those of us who care to be free from religious teachings by asking questions and not being dogmatic, knows what Jesus meant by hell fire or hell in the Bible.
it means death, grave.
check your dictionary.
Now, don't tell me I'm on my own or i should speak for my self,because Nigeria is yet to be free from the grip of religious errors introduced to Africa by uneducated missionaries centuries ago, which we are still holding today in association with African traditional norms like leach. hence, the corrupt mindset of people.
if i refuse to speak to point out the cause of corruption, the effect of corruption will surely bounce back at me and you in this country as it has always done.
you know it.
95% of Nigerian christians including you, do not know that hell means grave. You think it is fire burning people?
meanwhile, when you travel to Europe who brought Christianity to Africa, where corruption is minimal, to tell an average Christian that hell fire means fire burning people, He will laugh at you and ask, are you African? no wonder!!!
95% africans do not understand figurative languages. Pastors are the worst hit because they are so emotionally enthusiastic that they lost their reasoning. Yet they teach vast number of people.
Revelation 20:14 says And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
So, lake of fire is simply death or grave if we must be realistic to interprete figurative languages.
the stream of error is not only in hell fire doctrine of burning people , it goes like that to the doctrines of end time, rapture, etc. All designed to put fear in the mind of africans and render them less productive.

So you think travelling abroad and studying the dictionary will give you the answer to scriptural truth? You are only showing that a sinner who is educated is no more than an educated sinner. If you care to know what our Lord Jesus and His apostles said about the reality of hell and it's eternal torment then read the Scriptures as quoted below:

"I am He that lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death"
(Rev. 1:18) The Evidence Bible.

There are three words translated "hell" in Scripture:

Gehenna (Greek): The place of punishment (Matthew 5:22,29; 10:28; and James 3:6)

Hades (Greek): The abode of the dead (Matthew 11:23; 16:18, Luke 16:23; Acts 2:27)

Sheol (Hebrew): The grave (Psalm 9:17; 16:10)

There are those who accept that hell is a place of punishment, but believe that the punishment is to be annihilated—to cease conscious existence. They can't conceive that the punishment of the wicked will be conscious and eternal. If they are correct, then a man like Adolph Hitler, who was responsible for the deaths of millions, is being "punished" merely with eternal sleep. His fate is simply to return to the non-existent state he was in before he was born, where he doesn't even know that he is being punished.

However, Scripture paints a different story. The rich man who found himself in hell (Luke 16:19–31) was conscious. He was able to feel pain, to thirst, and to experience remorse. He wasn't asleep in the grave; he was in a place of "torment." If hell is a place of knowing nothing or a reference to the grave into which we go at death, Jesus' statements about hell make no sense. He said that if your hand, foot, or eye causes you to sin, it would be better to remove it than to:

"go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: where their worm dies not, and the fire is not quenched"
(Mark 9:43–48).

The Bible refers to the fate of the unsaved with such fearful words as the following:

"Shame and everlasting contempt"
(Daniel 12:2)

"Everlasting punishment"
(Mathew 25:46)

"Weeping and gnashing of teeth"
(Matthew 24:51)

"Fire unquenchable"
(Luke 3:17)

"Indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish"
(Romans 2:8,9)

"Everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord"
(2 Thessalonians 1:9)

"Eternal fire...the blackness of darkness for ever"
(Jude 7,13)

Revelation 14:10,11 tells us the final, eternal destiny of the sinner:

"He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone...the smoke of their torment ascended up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day or night."

If you are still being contumacious then read this:

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still"
(Revelation 22:11).

See www.needGod.com for details on how to find everlasting life.
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by paxonel(m): 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

So you think travelling abroad and studying the dictionary will give you the answer to scriptural truth? You are only showing that a sinner who is educated is no more than an educated sinner. If you care to know what our Lord Jesus and His apostles said about the reality of hell and it's eternal torment then read the Scriptures as quoted below:

(Rev. 1:18) The Evidence Bible.

There are three words translated "hell" in Scripture:

Gehenna (Greek): The place of punishment (Matthew 5:22,29; 10:28; and James 3:6)

Hades (Greek): The abode of the dead (Matthew 11:23; 16:18, Luke 16:23; Acts 2:27)

Sheol (Hebrew): The grave (Psalm 9:17; 16:10)

There are those who accept that hell is a place of punishment, but believe that the punishment is to be annihilated—to cease conscious existence. They can't conceive that the punishment of the wicked will be conscious and eternal. If they are correct, then a man like Adolph Hitler, who was responsible for the deaths of millions, is being "punished" merely with eternal sleep. His fate is simply to return to the non-existent state he was in before he was born, where he doesn't even know that he is being punished.

However, Scripture paints a different story. The rich man who found himself in hell (Luke 16:19–31) was conscious. He was able to feel pain, to thirst, and to experience remorse. He wasn't asleep in the grave; he was in a place of "torment." If hell is a place of knowing nothing or a reference to the grave into which we go at death, Jesus' statements about hell make no sense. He said that if your hand, foot, or eye causes you to sin, it would be better to remove it than to:

(Mark 9:43–48).

The Bible refers to the fate of the unsaved with such fearful words as the following:

(Daniel 12:2)

(Mathew 25:46)

(Matthew 24:51)

(Luke 3:17)

(Romans 2:8,9)

(2 Thessalonians 1:9)

(Jude 7,13)

Revelation 14:10,11 tells us the final, eternal destiny of the sinner:

If you are still being contumacious then read this:

(Revelation 22:11).

See www.needGod.com for details on how to find everlasting life.
people who travel abroad are more exposed and civilized to understand simple logics no doubt.
Here in Africa people are still primitive and less intelligent, due to lark of quality schools.
unfortunately for Africa , the new testament is full of logics and figurative languages(most people and pastors in Africa don't even know what figurative languages are ).
For instance, out of all the scriptures you mentioned let me use one to make example
the first Scripture you mentioned Matthew 5:22-29 what Jesus referred to as hell fire there is simply hell which is the same thing as grave or death (not even the second death in revelation known as lake of fire ) and not fire burning people.
it's like, you people think that because you see lake of fire and hell fire, it is referring to the same thing? no!
i will prove it.
You know, Jesus was very intelligent enough when he made that speech.
He was talking about the consequences of breaking the law(the 10 commandments) one of which was death.
if you read it from verse 19 you will understand.
Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments...
so when you get it from that perspective you will understand what he was driving at in verse 22 .
matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause(breaking the law) shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca(breaking the law ), shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool,(also breaking the law )shall be in danger(at risk) of hell fire(at risk to be killed and die and go to grave).
what that simply means is that there are people who are hot tempered such that, mere insulting them they can pass judgement to you by stabbing you to death(that is what he meant by "shall be in danger of the judgement as there is judgement for every crime executed by either the offended(jungle justice ) or by the law ). Therefore, it is better to keep the commandments and live in peace with people than to be at risk to be killed and die and go to grave.
Do you see how sensible the speech goes?
it's talking about normal physical occurence seen in this world and not anything mystery like fire burning people.
ok, let's assume the hell fire there refers to fire burning people after judgement on the last day.
Now tell me,
was the speech talking about last day events?
no!
it was talking about breaking the commandments.
please Let's try and understand before we conclude.
Africans can never read to understand.
Because the hell fire doctrine was established therefore to them, Matthew 5:22 is talking about fire burning people.
That's absolutely wrong.
if i should go into all the scriptures you just quoted one after the other you will begin to see what you have never seen before.
seriously, if you want to hide information from africans, just write it in a book. they will read they will never understand.
This is how all Pastors in Africa are lost in the Bible.
All of them.
And that kumuyi of a man, na God go help am.
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by guiddoti: 7:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
paxonel:

people who travel abroad are more exposed and civilized to understand simple logics no doubt.
Here in Africa people are still primitive and less intelligent, due to lark of quality schools.
unfortunately for Africa , the new testament is full of logics and figurative languages(most people and pastors in Africa don't even know what figurative languages are ).
For instance, out of all the scriptures you mentioned let me use one to make example
the first Scripture you mentioned Matthew 5:22-29 what Jesus referred to as hell fire there is simply hell which is the same thing as grave or death (not even the second death in revelation known as lake of fire ) and not fire burning people.
it's like, you people think that because you see lake of fire and hell fire, it is referring to the same thing? no!
i will prove it.
You know, Jesus was very intelligent enough when he made that speech.
He was talking about the consequences of breaking the law(the 10 commandments) one of which was death.
if you read it from verse 19 you will understand.
Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments...
so when you get it from that perspective you will understand what he was driving at in verse 22 .
matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause(breaking the law) shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca(breaking the law ), shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool,(also breaking the law )shall be in danger(at risk) of hell fire(at risk to be killed and die and go to grave).
what that simply means is that there are people who are hot tempered such that, mere insulting them they can pass judgement to you by stabbing you to death(that is what he meant by "shall be in danger of the judgement as there is judgement for every crime executed by either the offended(jungle justice ) or by the law ). Therefore, it is better to keep the commandments and live in peace with people than to be at risk to be killed and die and go to grave.
Do you see how sensible the speech goes?
it's talking about normal physical occurence seen in this world and not anything mystery like fire burning people.
ok, let's assume the hell fire there refers to fire burning people after judgement on the last day.
Now tell me,
was the speech talking about last day events?
no!
it was talking about breaking the commandments.
please Let's try and understand before we conclude.
Africans can never read to understand.
Because the hell fire doctrine was established therefore to them, Matthew 5:22 is talking about fire burning people.
That's absolutely wrong.
if i should go into all the scriptures you just quoted one after the other you will begin to see what you have never seen before.
seriously, if you want to hide information from africans, just write it in a book. they will read they will never understand.
This is how all Pastors in Africa are lost in the Bible.
All of them.
And that kumuyi of a man, na God go help am.

bro, pray for your own, that God should help you.
Do you think present day 'oyibos' are serving God, let alone going to church? hell is not rock and science as 'oyibos' put it. It is misery. it is only when you go and come, which may not happen, to tell better what bible is talking about hell. But it is better to avoid it, because, if one goes, and see it was true, but never come to tell the story. I will not speak more than this
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by paxonel(m): 8:26pm On Sep 07, 2016
guiddoti:
bro, pray for your own, that God should help you.
Do you think present day 'oyibos' are serving God, let alone going to church? hell is not rock and science as 'oyibos' put it. It is misery. it is only when you go and come, which may not happen, to tell better what bible is talking about hell. But it is better to avoid it, because, if one goes, and see it was true, but never come to tell the story. I will not speak more than this
do you believe all those stories that people go to hell to see fire burning people and be back?
please Let's steak to scriptures and not what people say.
By the way, what make you think that serving God is by going to church?
or have you not read
John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain(the place where samaritans worship in those days ), nor yet at Jerusalem(the temple of Jerusalem ), worship the Father..
that we don't go to places to worship God anymore?
that we now worship in spirit?
what young christians are doing in foreign countries are absolutely right. they now understand Bible.
it is only old people in these countries that you see in church because church going was their tradition from childhood. Young people did not see how churches affected the economy positively.
Anyway, whether they go to church or not their economy is better and life is good in their countries.
africans should not imitate them by going to church because Africa economy is nothing to write home about.
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by guiddoti: 9:12pm On Sep 07, 2016
paxonel:

do you believe all those stories that people go to hell to see fire burning people and be back?
please Let's steak to scriptures and not what people say.
By the way, what make you think that serving God is by going to church?
or have you not read
John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain(the place where samaritans worship in those days ), nor yet at Jerusalem(the temple of Jerusalem ), worship the Father..
that we don't go to places to worship God anymore?
that we now worship in spirit?
what young christians are doing in foreign countries are absolutely right. they now understand Bible.
it is only old people in these countries that you see in church because church going was their tradition from childhood. Young people did not see how churches affected the economy positively.
Anyway, whether they go to church or not their economy is better and life is good in their countries.
africans should not imitate them by going to church because Africa economy is nothing to write home about.

bro, it seems you did not understand my point. Yes, going to church is not to say you are serving the Lord. we have read where Satan also present itself in the church. Everyone is not a satan in the church. yet being in a place where your spirit and body can be edified, and serve the Lord.
Do you think their good economy can stand the economy of God? There shall be a time when churches be no more in those places, why? because no one to take the place of the old. It can only not be, if foreigners pitch churches around them. but for the locals, it is gradually becoming.
To the stories of people who have been to hell, I will only tell you that my bible is my foundation to the teaching of truth about hell. I have read my bible, and have come to the understanding of the misery, so, not the hear-say of those stories. perhaps, the ones have heard are aligned to what I have understood in the bible. And if you think they are falsehood, am not here to argue with you but to tell you: hell is real.
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by paxonel(m): 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2016
religion claim that since the word rapture is not found in the Bible therefore 1 thes 4:16-18 is a concept that describe rapture, but they fail to read the whole chapter from the begin to understand the context of Paul's speech in that chapter.
why will they not be confused?
they pick only three verses in the whole chapter and conclude it is talking about rapture meanwhile the whole chapter from the beginning to the end summaries something else.
i will not go too far,
let me start from verse 13 down
1 Thes 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep(christians who are late or dead), that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1 thes 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep(died) in Jesus will God bring with him.(will God resurrect and bring them back to this life again)
with this, you will agree with me that Paul was talking about resurrection of the dead and not any rapture.
see 1 cor 15:35 down to the end and know how the dead are resurrected.
verse 16 and 17 is like a parable, to interprete every elements in it .
please open your mind and think along you will understand.
1 Thes 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven(the lord who is in heaven will come ) with a shout(and call us ), with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God(with a voice or trumpet loud enough so that even the dead will hear and resurrect ): and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1thes 4:17 Then we which are alive(christians who did not die ) and remain shall be caught up together with them(interact with the resurrected ) in the clouds(clouds hear means heaven: note that heaven also known as Gods kingdom is now on earth where we are already been translated into through the resurrection of Christ..colosians 1:13) , to meet the Lord in the air(air also means heaven on earth ): and so shall we ever be with the Lord(here on earth ).
Do you know that heaven is now here on earth?
that we will resurrect immediately after we die as death has been defeated ?
where is the place of rapture?
This world is our home, our duty is to live here forever and replenish this earth like Adam and Eve would have lived if they had not commited sin.
Adam and Eve sinned here on earth , death came But Jesus restored back that eternal life here on earth.
1 Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by paxonel(m): 10:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
guiddoti:
bro, it seems you did not understand my point. Yes, going to church is not to say you are serving the Lord. we have read where Satan also present itself in the church. Everyone is not a satan in the church. yet being in a place where your spirit and body can be edified, and serve the Lord.
Do you think their good economy can stand the economy of God? There shall be a time when churches be no more in those places, why? because no one to take the place of the old. It can only not be, if foreigners pitch churches around them. but for the locals, it is gradually becoming.
To the stories of people who have been to hell, I will only tell you that my bible is my foundation to the teaching of truth about hell. I have read my bible, and have come to the understanding of the misery, so, not the hear-say of those stories. perhaps, the ones have heard are aligned to what I have understood in the bible. And if you think they are falsehood, am not here to argue with you but to tell you: hell is real.
yes
no doubt, hell is real as hell was another world for grave in Bible days. i have proved it before in my previous comment.
what i will tell you is that mind the way you read that book called Bible.
I'm not saying you shouldn't read your Bible, all I'm saying is that it is better not to read at all than to read and misunderstand things as misunderstanding may lead you to develop a wrong concept about life in general.
many scriptures in the new testament were written with figurative languages which looks like a parable, such scriptures are not to be taken directly the way it was written.
Example is this hell fire thing.
Hell simply means grave or death where ever you find it.
You will understand this when you look at the autonym(opposite in meaning ) of the word which is eternal life through Christ.
The bottomline is, death(hell or hell fire ) came through Adam sin and eternal life came back through Christ .
1 cor 15:22
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by guiddoti: 12:14am On Sep 08, 2016
paxonel:

yes
no doubt, hell is real as hell was another world for grave in Bible days. i have proved it before in my previous comment.
what i will tell you is that mind the way you read that book called Bible.
I'm not saying you shouldn't read your Bible, all I'm saying is that it is better not to read at all than to read and misunderstand things as misunderstanding may lead you to develop a wrong concept about life in general.
many scriptures in the new testament were written with figurative languages which looks like a parable, such scriptures are not to be taken directly the way it was written.
Example is this hell fire thing.
Hell simply means grave or death where ever you find it.
You will understand this when you look at the autonym(opposite in meaning ) of the word which is eternal life through Christ.
The bottomline is, death(hell or hell fire ) came through Adam sin and eternal life came back through Christ .
1 cor 15:22
So you understood the bible that you want to convince me to believe what you say? Hell is torment either grave of torment or fire of torment or death of torment (2nd death) They are torment, simple
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by paxonel(m): 7:30am On Sep 09, 2016
guiddoti:
So you understood the bible that you want to convince me to believe what you say? Hell is torment either grave of torment or fire of torment or death of torment (2nd death) They are torment, simple
to be convinced is your own decision it has nothing to do with the truth.
ok!!
TORMENT
lol,
it's so funny to see that a mere one word like this can throw millions into confusion.
i guess you got it from two scriptures. one is
Luke 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am TORMENTED in this flame.
But you failed to understand the lesson Jesus was teaching by putting this parable foward, That's why the phrase TORMENTED IN THIS FLAME is confusing you to think that Jesus was talking about fire tormenting the rich man.
Look!! always endeavour to go through the whole story and understand it before concluding, that is why we went to school, ok!
The summary or the lesson of the parable was stated before he started narrating the parable which is:
Luke 16:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
And what is the law?
the law summarizes thus. Thou shall love your neighbor as yourself. which is the 10 commandments.
Did the rich man show love to poor Lazarus in his life time ?
no!
The parable therefore pointed that in the next life time, the table turns around.
Lazarus was conforted by this rich father Abraham while the rich man was tormented in poverty, so poor that he larks water to drink, talkess of food.
Lazarus in the rich mans life time was begging for food perhaps he had water. But after the resurrection, in the life time of Lazarus it was the rich man that was even begging for water. that means no food no water.
That is the bottom line of the lesson, that we should love our neighbor as ourselves no matter how poor they are because we don't know tomorrow.
Not hell fire burning people.
Now, do you know that there is resurrection?
yes, there is resurrection.
we have unending multiple life time(God's kingdom on earth has no end ) to live on this earth (what is known as aboundant life or eternal life here on earth. John 10:10 )
Resurrection has been there even before Jesus was crucified.
Matt 22:31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,
matt 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.(meaning, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were still alive on earth as at the time Jesus was talking )
i know you will be astonished or surprise by this doctrine the way the Pharisees did because no pastor in Nigeria understand it up to this.
But hear me, after Jesus resurrect, resurrection is now for only those who believe.
John 3:18
The rich man resurrected.
Lazarus resurrected too.
Non of them where burnt in fire or flame,
Rather, the table was turn around after the resurrection.
the poor Lazarus conforted in richness of Abraham while the rich man tormented in the flame of poverty such that his case was worst than that of Lazarus, not having water to drink and food to eat
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by paxonel(m): 8:44am On Sep 09, 2016
guiddoti:
also, you read
Revelation 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be TORMENTED WITH FIRE AND BRIMSTONE in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
what i will let you know is that, it will take you to be a non Christian for you to understand the kind of torment non christians are going through especially for not knowing their fate after death (though they will never understand what is happening to them to accept it and be converted except they read Bible ). Then you will understand what this Scripture is driving at .
what is this torment of fire and brimstone actually? Every religion have their own ordinances and ritual practices, in the case of Judaism(the religion of the Jews with the old covenant from Abraham which God has abandoned to raise Christianity for salvation through Christ as the axe has already cut down the Jewish tree (a parable in matt 3:10). A notable ritual of the Jewish religion for cleansing was burning sacrifices.
Now, God has rejected such sacrifices and lifted Jesus as the sacrificial lamb, making their sacrifices a torment in their flesh that burns with brimstone (brimstone was actually used to raise sacrifices by the Jews in those days)
and salt were applied on the meat to preserve it from being eaten by worms or decay, But the sacrifices keep decaying inspite the salts and fire .
Mark 9:48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
mark 9:49 For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.
Note: You see that mark 9:47 is not even talking about fire burning people as presented by the hell fire doctrine, but it was talking about sacrifices of the Jewish religion.
The eye in that parable simply means the Jewish religion, to pluck the eye means to abandon their religion to follow Christ, that is the only way they will see God's kingdom which is Christianity.
Today, the Gospel of Christianity is preached world wide, if you look at verse 6 of that same revelation. Revelation 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having THE EVERLASTING GOSPEL TO PREACH unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people.
it's now left for non christians (known as unbelievers ) to join Christianity by believing in Christ and be saved. Or they remain in torment. And God is ready to wait till forever, as non christians remain in torment in the presence of the Christianity they rejected and holy angels , until Everybody are converted, then the glory of God will cover the earth as the water covers the sea.
like i said before, whether you are convinced or not it's not by business, its your decision.
But the truth must be told.
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by flexybobo: 9:34am On Sep 09, 2016
When God rejected Cain's sacrifice and accepted that of Abel, it was actually a torment for Cain. Just like Cain killed Abel, christians were persecuted and killed by the Jews.
@paxonel, you have a point, i understand were you are driving at
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by paxonel(m): 6:35am On Sep 13, 2016
flexybobo:
When God rejected Cain's sacrifice and accepted that of Abel, it was actually a torment for Cain. Just like Cain killed Abel, christians were persecuted and killed by the Jews.
@paxonel, you have a point, i understand were you are driving at
do you see that?
thanks!
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57am On Sep 13, 2016
cloudgoddess:

How does someone burn without a body in the first place? Pain receptors and nerve cells are required to feel burns.

Man is not only body but also spirit and soul. smiley
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by freshcvvs: 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Man is not only body but also spirit and soul. smiley

How can spirit feel pain?
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:32am On Sep 20, 2016
freshcvvs:

How can spirit feel pain?

Have you ever felt pain in your dreams? undecided
Re: Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi by freshcvvs: 10:44am On Sep 20, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Have you ever felt pain in your dreams? undecided

Na, never felt pains in my dreams, i became conscious before feeling any pain.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? / Throwback Photo Of Adeboye At Holy Ghost Convention 29 Years Ago / This Catholic Priest Is Missing (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.