Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody (37843 Views)

Eniola Adenuga And Damilola Fight Over Athena, Their Child’s Custody / Paddy Adenuga And Feyi Fawehinmi Clash Over Chevron Netherlands Story / Mike Adenuga And Dele Momodu Captured Together In An Adorable Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by Solz1616: 11:16am On Apr 16, 2016
An Igbosere Magistrate’s Court in Lagos has granted custody rights to Eniola, son of multi-billionaire businessman, Mike Adenuga, over his 16-month old daughter.
But his girlfriend with whom he had the child, Maggie Ogun, a pharmacist, has sought the court’s leave to appeal the order.
Chief Magistrate O. A. Ogunbowale dismissed Ogun’s objection that Adenuga cannot take adequate care of the child.
“Consequently, the applicant (Adenuga) is hereby granted an overnight access to the subject (child) every fortnight from 8 am on Saturday to 12 noon on Sunday,” she ruled. The order, she said, took effect from March 16 and would subsist until the case is determined.
But, Ogun, through her lawyer, Mrs Marian Jones of the International Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA), has applied to the magistrate for leave to appeal the ruling.
She is also praying for an order suspending the ruling’s execution, as well as an order praying for a stay of proceedings pending the appeal’s determination.
The magistrate’s absence stalled the application’s hearing on Wednesday. Adenuga also applied to the court to change his counsel from the firm of Adesokan & Adesokan to Akintunde Williams & Co.
In his supporting affidavit in support of his motion for custody, the applicant, who works at Conoil Producing Limited, said he started “an amorous affair” with Ogun in October 2013.

He said she informed him in 2014 that she was pregnant with his child, following which he took full responsibility for their welfare.
Adenuga said he paid for her ante natal care at Reddington Hospital, gave her N100,000 monthly and took her to London where she was delivered of a baby girl on October 23, 2014.
He said he paid the bills worth 22,000 pounds, purchased a first class Lagos-London return ticket for her, and accommodated Ogun and her mother in his Cadogan Gardens, London home.
The applicant said Ogun returned to Lagos last January, three months after her delivery, and denied him access to the child.
“I was denied access by the respondent to see my daughter on the ground that I was not interested in marrying her. I sought her understanding in this regard and reminded her of the fact that we had both agreed to end the relationship as it was heading to nowhere,” he said.
Adenuga said Ogun’s mother insisted that he would only see the child on the condition that he married Ogun. Thus, he was not allowed to see his child between last March and October.
According to him, on one occasion that he was allowed access to the house, he observed that Ogun left his daughter in the care of a security man who doubled as houseboy/nanny and her grandmother, a septuagenarian.
“I was shocked at the unhealthy, unhygienic and unsafe environment in which my daughter was being brought up,” he said, adding that he sends N200,000 to Ogun monthly for their upkeep.
Adenuga said he enrolled his daughter at a “world-class” crèche where he paid N600,000 per term. He said he was only able to see his daughter when he organised a birthday party for her, and when he took her and Ogun to Dubai on holiday.
“On getting back to Nigeria, the respondent reverted to denying me custody and access to my daughter,” he told the court.
On why he wants custody of the child, Adenuga said: “The respondent is unwilling to create time needed to care for my daughter physically, emotionally and mentally and I reasonably believe that my daughter currently lacks motherly attention.”
But Ogun, in her counter-claim, said she never denied Adenuga access to his child. She said from last May to October, she took her daughter to the applicant’s mother’s residence in Victoria Island every weekend.
She said she also took the daughter to the applicant’s father’s house on Banana Island at least thrice a week and sometimes slept over.
According to Ogun, problem arose when Adenuga’s mother demanded that she and the daughter spend two weeks monthly at her residence. Ogun said her family refused because she was not married to Adenuga.
According to her, she was trying to resolve the issue amicably when Adenuga, on October 13 last year, came to her home in company of a policeman demanding that his daughter be produced, and in the process assaulted her mother and damaged her phone when she tried to record the scene.‎
She denied keeping her daughter in the care of a security man, saying: “During my working hours and prior to when my daughter started attending crèche, she is left in the care of my grandmother and my nanny.”
Ogun also denied that her daughter is being brought up in an unhygienic and unsafe environment. She claimed she pays her daughter’s medical bills at Reddington Hospital, adding that Adenuga was not solely responsible for her daughter’s welfare.
Ogun said a doctor certified her daughter to be fit and healthy and that despite being born with a low birth weight of 2.7kg, her current growth pattern was more than satisfactory.‎ Besides, she said the only time her daughter was ill, she was diagnosed with an infection common to children when they start crawling and teething and was promptly treated.
“I have never denied the applicant access to my daughter, rather, he wants custody. I don’t believe it is in my daughter’s interest that the applicant be granted custody of my daughter,” she said.

According to her, Adenuga “is not suited to cope with the demands of having full custody of a 16-month old female child.” She added that “he does not have a definite schedule” and “comes home by 12

http://thenationonlineng.net/adenugas-son-ex-girlfriend-court-daughters-custody/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by Galacious1: 11:19am On Apr 16, 2016
I hate news like this because of d negative impact on the child.

Thumbs up to parents that stick together for beta or worse.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by Afrok(m): 11:47am On Apr 16, 2016
U don't expect less from baby mamas and baby daddies when they have no plans of starting a family together. That's their business, dem get money to throway.

31 Likes

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by sinaj(f): 12:00pm On Apr 16, 2016
I can't bear the thought of my baby growing up in another woman's arm sad

Most times diz women get unlucky nd loose the custody of their child

#Saynotobabymama#

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 16, 2016
hmmmm gobe niyen oo

see this:: Lol... How Many Times Would This Guy
Sit For SSCE ? http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/04/lol-how-many-times-would-this-guy-sit.html?m=0
Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by MRBrownJ: 1:35pm On Apr 16, 2016
Afrok:
U don't expect less from baby mamas and baby daddies when they have no plans of starting a family together. That's their business, dem get money to throway.

get your facts right... they did have plan to start a family together, just without being married. if you believe that you MUST be married to start a family then i suggest you quickly wake up and start living in the 21st century.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by cpapa: 3:29pm On Apr 16, 2016
pls we are tired of hearing baby Mama's stories #osinachi kam bia kwa osinachi nwa nnemu osinachi o kwa chineye my baby Mama's osinachi iyaowomu sinacho no be force to go dubia

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by NobleAngell(f): 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2016
Another baby mama drama? Well, not surprised. Don't they all end up this way? I only feel for the child, poor thing!

2 Likes

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by esther1994(f): 7:27pm On Apr 16, 2016
I tire for Baby mamas n Baby Papas

1 Like

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by Icecomrade: 9:14pm On Apr 16, 2016
Hell

1 Like

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by mccoy47(m): 9:15pm On Apr 16, 2016
All dis stvpid judges! angry
Blinded by money!

Who gives custody to a baby papa when d baby mama feels otherwise!

[size=14pt]You don't want the baby's mom but want to keep her child she carried for 9months!

Shame[/size]

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by Sunofgod(m): 9:16pm On Apr 16, 2016
See as the witches plan come backfire - you wan trap am with pikin!

5 Likes

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by neolboy(m): 9:16pm On Apr 16, 2016
wats with this people with baby mama sef
Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by SageTravels: 9:16pm On Apr 16, 2016
ok
Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by dearsly(m): 9:17pm On Apr 16, 2016
No woman can tie me down with pregnancy!!

Gold diggers everywhere!!

Her name is OGUN!....i knw the region...smh

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by elmisti(m): 9:17pm On Apr 16, 2016
Ok
Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by STENON(f): 9:18pm On Apr 16, 2016
Ok
Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by Jediel1(m): 9:18pm On Apr 16, 2016
Make this wan no increase glo tariff oo.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by truthalways(m): 9:19pm On Apr 16, 2016
Why so many babymamas nowadays

Something is fundamentally wrong somewhere

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by frankobaba(m): 9:19pm On Apr 16, 2016
f00L
Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by Chanchit: 9:19pm On Apr 16, 2016
Who come dey lie now. All this rich kids sef,e be like say dem no ready to marry nowadays.
Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by justmenoni: 9:19pm On Apr 16, 2016
Oh yeah well just to advise u just incase you're single..don't stay in such an agreed relationship.. If it's not marriage then it's not marriage

MRBrownJ:

get your facts right... they did have plan to start a family together, just without being married. if you believe that you MUST be married to start a family then i suggest you quickly wake up and start living in the 21st century.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by Sijo01(f): 9:19pm On Apr 16, 2016
See as the boy be like pumped ballon.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by pendusky(m): 9:20pm On Apr 16, 2016
See Naija Subscribers money in the guy body grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by Truckpusher(m): 9:20pm On Apr 16, 2016
sinaj:
I can't bear the thought of my baby growing up in another woman's arm sad

Most times diz women get unlucky nd loose the custody of their child

#Saynotobabymama#
But your friends are opening their legs wide for any iidiot with some money - until Nigerian women love unconditionally , y'all will become baby mamas for life . tongue

8 Likes

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 16, 2016
What mor.ons fight over their own child(ren)? undecided
Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by ednut1(m): 9:22pm On Apr 16, 2016
who babymama epp

5 Likes

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by agamali1(m): 9:23pm On Apr 16, 2016
MRBrownJ:

What is this one saying?

26 Likes

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by pat077: 9:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
Stupid judge. Why grant the guy custody, he pay bride price?

8 Likes

Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by Hillzy(m): 9:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
T
Re: Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody by Donpizzle(m): 9:26pm On Apr 16, 2016
200k for monthly upkeep?? Graduates re looking for job of evn 50k, dem no see. Na hin person dey collect 200k for doing absolutely nothin. CHAI dere is GOD oooo...
BTW here is my judgement: I hereby declare that
u marry her because she can't afford to loose her monthly allowance ( salary) from u.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Angry Alfa Burns Photos Of ‘Clients’ Of His Customers That Are Owing Him (Video) / Benneth Offor's Wake Keeping In Oraifite (Photos) / CBN To Freeze Risevest, Bamboo Accounts for "Illegal FX Transactions"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.