Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic (74942 Views)

Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne / Ooni Ogunwusi Celebrates 1 Year On Throne. Obasanjo, Soyinka, Igbinedion Attend / Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by phemmie06(m): 10:01pm On Apr 16, 2016
What a pity, is it by force to be on the throne, where are the kingmakers, I am sure this man never pass through the proper process of the palace
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by samsam2019: 10:01pm On Apr 16, 2016
Onyochejohn:
thank him 4wot? Get lost mehn!
the last I checked I did not thank you or any of your oloriburuku filled family.

If I vex enter my room you'll run mad b4 dawn
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by danot1030: 10:02pm On Apr 16, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
and you compare all these 'whatsapp' obas to the great OBA OF BENIN, its indeed an insult lipsrsealed
Oba of Bennin should be living in Zulu land, we are living in a civilised age. If he so much adhere to old age custom then he should be living in a house with grass roofing, no car should be in his palace, no modern thing should be found around him else he's nothing but an hypocrite.

4 Likes

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by oludollar(m): 10:03pm On Apr 16, 2016
Dats trash..jst an ordinary pix..he does nt go abt in suit,bt agbada.he wuz based in Canada wit his wife b4 he bcame d king.stil saw him lyk 2wks bk wen he came to bowen uni durin an inaugural lecture..d king got swag doe..nd he married a Jamaican..

1 Like

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by favourelisha(m): 10:04pm On Apr 16, 2016
That's yoruba style,even the smoke is Igbo type ganja yoruba king.
Adeoba10:
Na craze dey dia head, ati oloye, ati afobaje.... person don stay for gand for 20years, u come xpect am to dey wear agbada... u neva see anything... He will soon go club go rock strippers, with igbo smoke coming out from his ear and nose
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by delishpot: 10:04pm On Apr 16, 2016
samsam2019:
yes, it does. He's the king. The next after the land's deity.

The one to uphold the tradition and culture.

Have you seen the queen of England wearing agbada or iro and buba at Buckingham Palace?

Help me ask dem

1 Like

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by NigerianDiamond(m): 10:04pm On Apr 16, 2016
buharisbae:
korubaa and their mumurity grin
Of what tribe are you?
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by funmijoyb(f): 10:05pm On Apr 16, 2016
donphilopus:

Me Biafran? Don't be silly girl.
then who u b? me quote u
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Awaja(m): 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2016
Igwe tupac in the making
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Iwonimi(m): 10:07pm On Apr 16, 2016
And this Oba of my town supporting culture die

How come this?
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by hardewalleh(m): 10:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
banmee:

I agree. But not for your reasons. He is an i.diot for even accepting to indulge in a tradition that is gradually going out of date. Why oh why would i accept to come back to Nigeria of all places to rule over people who basically think like animals? God forbid. I'll stay where i am thank you very much.
And who cares about you and your maggot infested mouth?. Your sickening contribution shows you are one of the lowest animals. Akpamu

1 Like

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by wandevincent(m): 10:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
funmijoyb:
Who is d great Oba of Benin? or do u mean ogiso of benin that has seized to exist?

Two envious mumus that has no culture..u better remain in ur red mud Edo/Ibo land bf u died of envy in d west.

pls mention ur tribe and disgrace urself
omo oko ni e jare, o kii se omo ale, okare

5 Likes

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by onoja12: 10:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
i have been saying this for years now

musicwriter:
That's exactly what western education creates!. The original goal of the British colonial model of education we inherited was to create educated fools that'll rebel against African ideals, culture, point of view, e.t.c. The ultimate goal of western education was to create African elites without African mindset, who'll then be easily remote controlled from Europe without rebellion.

This's why we need to re-invent education in Africa, else we will remain under western control for life.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Bgorgeous: 10:13pm On Apr 16, 2016
Nonsense tradition is tradition .he better respect it or leave the throne

1 Like

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 16, 2016
samsam2019:
the last I checked I did not thank you or any of your oloriburuku filled family.

If I vex enter my room you'll run mad b4 dawn
like ur mad father in market squre rit? Enter ur room and die in ur sleep for that statement! Do u know if u r talking with Ebora itself! O ti se awon aye oh! Aye asi ya e pererpere! OMOALERADARADA
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Kunlexic(m): 10:16pm On Apr 16, 2016
Some1 spent 20 years abroad and come to back to his home town to be a king
Dats d work of politics Kikikikiki
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by musicwriter(m): 10:16pm On Apr 16, 2016
onoja12:
i have been saying this for years now

That's the truth brother. You can read the link on my signature for detailed explanation.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by dapsonlou(m): 10:17pm On Apr 16, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
and you compare all these 'whatsapp' obas to the great OBA OF BENIN, its indeed an insult lipsrsealed

Your Lazy king that never leave his Palace, dead or Alive you people don't know. Apart from Benin king being an Old institution, it's a dead Crown.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by samsam2019: 10:23pm On Apr 16, 2016
Onyochejohn:
like ur mad father in market squre rit? Enter ur room and die in ur sleep for that statement! Do u know if u r talking with Ebora itself! O ti se awon aye oh! Aye asi ya e pererpere! OMOALERADARADA
you're really eager to see your mother weep over you?
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

You mean the great Oba with Yoruba ancestry. grin

1 Like

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by franconian: 10:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
Larryfest:

Vry true the people at Buckinham palace dnt wear iro and buba simply because der culture has helped them alot,has our own helped us atal? Cos if it has we wudnt be in dis present predicament and we wudnt evn be running ova der in d first place...

We are in this present predicament partly because we are trying to mix 3 different cultures; African, Western and Eastern cultures. Our forefathers were neither Christians nor Muslims. They knew nothing about demoCRAZY. Evidently, they fared better.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by TANTUMERGO007(m): 10:26pm On Apr 16, 2016
dapsonlou:

Your Lazy king that never leave his Palace, dead or Alive you people don't know. Apart from Benin king being an Old institution, it's a dead Crown.
better than the ones that goes to club on Fridays grin
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by igwegeorgiano(m): 10:27pm On Apr 16, 2016
yes yes yes. this is exactly d change buhari is talkinng about
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
With all the kings and queens in africa, we are still in this mess? Abeg who e help?

1 Like

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Fearcom(m): 10:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
Culture and tradition hmm.

The kings/queens of England/Spain/Norway/Denmark clothes are not what they were 30, 50, 70, 100, 200 years ago. If it's to stick to tradition today's oba should continue to use horses/donkeys and not bentleys/jeeps.(They only use horses/carriages for ceremonial occasions now)
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Ewatomi26(f): 10:31pm On Apr 16, 2016
buharisbae:
korubaa and their mumurity grin

Hmmm, can't help but notice you. You must be one of those people, who see nothing good in others not to talk much of a whole tribe...
Drop that attitude, it doesn't look good on you, sis
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by okrote4real: 10:31pm On Apr 16, 2016
The Queen of England would have wore Aso joke.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by IamAtribalist: 10:32pm On Apr 16, 2016
cool Remove the bastard abeg NOT because of him foreign wife but wearing jeans on an African throne. Is he mad?! cool
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by tarekamos: 10:34pm On Apr 16, 2016
tafabaloo:
Good one

If the king is truely the custodian of our culture, he had no basis for wearing oyinbo suit on the throne.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by dapsonlou(m): 10:35pm On Apr 16, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

better than the ones that goes to club on Fridays grin

Will rather Enjoy my life than a throne that turns you to a prison , you may as well carry his chair to Kirikiri.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
King Hakeem of Zamunda.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Damikevin(m): 10:41pm On Apr 16, 2016
Fedayeen:
Lol.

Does the suit or Jacket stop himfrom performing his ceremonial duty?
Abeg help me ask dem oooo! Abi oracle no go hear him problem!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pre-independence Yoruba Women / King Jaja Of Opobo And Wives In The 1870s [ Location: Rivers State ] / I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.