Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic (74941 Views)

Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne / Ooni Ogunwusi Celebrates 1 Year On Throne. Obasanjo, Soyinka, Igbinedion Attend / Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by BossDanniee(m): 10:43pm On Apr 16, 2016
Guy man
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by legacyint: 10:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
and you compare all these 'whatsapp' obas to the great OBA OF BENIN, its indeed an insult lipsrsealed
dem dey learn,the great benin kingdom,a place were the king is truly king.oba gha to okpere...Ise....
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by sped1oro(m): 10:49pm On Apr 16, 2016
This is what will happen when the king makers used GOOGLE instead of Oracle to pick Oba in yorubaland.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2016
Dia ancestors use lappy locate dis one..

Oba tinz gone digital

Issorite
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by EreluY(f): 11:02pm On Apr 16, 2016
samsam2019:
yes, it does. He's the king. The next after the land's deity.

The one to uphold the tradition and culture.

Have you seen the queen of England wearing agbada or iro and buba at Buckingham Palace?

Precisely my thought. I was just going to say Yoruba Obas are the custodians of ancient traditions, rites and rituals of our people. What an absolute shame. The other day, Professor Wande Abimbola was raising awareness about the gradual decline in spoken Yoruba becuase everyone is trying to speak English at the expense of our mother tongue. Now, the Obas who should uphold our cultures and traditions are sitting on ancient thrones in jeans and suits, cavorting with allegedly former call girls.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by excomarow(m): 11:14pm On Apr 16, 2016
[b][/b]Everybody just they talk wetin sweet him mouth

Omo Oba don dey, e don dey already with him swag.

Abi u wan maKe him use Ankara or Lace sow suit?
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by BABANGBALI: 11:17pm On Apr 16, 2016
buharisbae:
korubaa and their mumurity grin
na you be the real mum because your comment made no sense not even to my dog
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by domopps(m): 11:18pm On Apr 16, 2016
Is this not same king that married daughter of Jamaican Ragae Star?

Cheeeeers
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by banmee(m): 11:22pm On Apr 16, 2016
hardewalleh:

And who cares about you and your maggot infested mouth?. Your sickening contribution shows you are one of the lowest animals. Akpamu

But you haven't commented on if what i said are lies na.

1 Like

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by ODUBEZE: 11:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
sixtuschimere:

Pictured above is King Rasheed Adewale Akanbi the Oluwo of Iwo, Osun State. He is being heavily criticized for not upholding his culture because he wore a suit on his throne. Before becoming the king last year, he had spent about 20 years abroad and even his wife is a foreigner…. his people are calling for his immediate removal b4 queen starts rocking bikini for palace.Na the bikini go even make his subject protest for him palace.lol

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/yoruba-king-who-spent-many-years-abroad.html
Lol! Sebi na money motivate them. So make them no complain.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by alokongbo: 11:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
OBA wit suit OBA wit suit OBA wit suit
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by talk2dmc(m): 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2016
Galacious1:

Not all.

The world is changing ppl shud learn to change.
..... And that is the only change he saw!! King should dress like a king abeg... Never see obama wear polo to address his nation .
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by itstpia8: 11:43pm On Apr 16, 2016
sped1oro:
This is what will happen when the king makers used GOOGLE instead of Oracle to pick Oba in yorubaland.

lolz.

Embrace technology.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by itstpia8: 11:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
topic

I am not shocked until I see an Oba with western style tattoo.

Till then.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Naff24(f): 12:14am On Apr 17, 2016
buharisbae:
korubaa and their mumurity grin
U get brain so undecided undecided undecided
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:15am On Apr 17, 2016
Galacious1:

Not all.

The world is changing ppl shud learn to change.
So the white man is retaining his culture but we Africans should change with the world to the white man's culture? Gerrarahia mhen....

1 Like

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by dmuchwells(m): 12:40am On Apr 17, 2016
... come check obaof ife.... with his native
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by nigeriapolitics(f): 12:41am On Apr 17, 2016
Cultural imperialism, if a king cannot preserve his own culture wat do u xpect from his subject? He 's under neo colonialism. He doesn't deserve d throne/sit. He as lost his cultural identity n proud of Western culture Dan his own culture. Ppl supporting him should b ashamed of demsef. Ori MI majee kin fi owo osi juwe Ile baba mi

1 Like

Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Freshboi: 12:43am On Apr 17, 2016
This is a poor photoshop job. Stupid blogger
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by DonaldGenes(m): 1:09am On Apr 17, 2016
Fedayeen:
Lol.

Does the suit or Jacket stop himfrom performing his ceremonial duty?

I tire oh
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by DonaldGenes(m): 1:10am On Apr 17, 2016
Adeoba10:
Na craze dey dia head, ati oloye, ati afobaje.... person don stay for gand for 20years, u come xpect am to dey wear agbada... u neva see anything... He will soon go club go rock strippers, with igbo smoke coming out from his ear and nose
Hahahahja Your comment eh
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:37am On Apr 17, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
and you compare all these 'whatsapp' obas to the great OBA OF BENIN, its indeed an insult lipsrsealed

The Oba of Benin is very old. I'm sure the next one will be more in tune with the times.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by SmartMugu: 2:03am On Apr 17, 2016
enieme:
No big deal. But he should have known better to respect the culture.
What culture? Who created the culture? Tell me if it's not the same people that already positioned their generations to reap from whatever they created and wanted to be praised while they were alive like they're different from all of us living today.
Who be mumu? Nobody holy pass my brother.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:14am On Apr 17, 2016
His fashion sense is horrible.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by cedargroove: 3:22am On Apr 17, 2016
Where d end time people when you need end time comment? Well, congrats to the end time King.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Mitchellucky: 3:46am On Apr 17, 2016
This King dress style is very dirty to our land
Please try to be a good sample to our people.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Mitchellucky: 3:48am On Apr 17, 2016
This King dress style is very dirty to our land
Please try to be a good sample to our people.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by isahsalee: 3:50am On Apr 17, 2016
Only in Nigeria Leopard change its spots and snake give birth to a lizard.
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by Nobody: 4:29am On Apr 17, 2016
That man didnt crown himself. Blame thosebwho did
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by GenOrumov: 4:51am On Apr 17, 2016
Sijo01:
Swaggalicious king.
Married a foreigner? Why will an heir apparent do such? Is a kind suppose to marry a foreigner or was he not aware he was born a king or was he elected like the oni
You are very funny!!!

Even though he may be born into a royal family, how will he know he will become a king? Does any human being know tomorrow? You as well, do you know if you will become the president in future (like Jonathan)?
Re: Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic by DedeNkem: 5:14am On Apr 17, 2016
LOL. The guy doesn't give a f*uck!
He's damn funny.

He's the type of guy I like to drink with. In his mind, he would say, "f*uck tradition, I'm gonna do whatever the f*uck I wanna do, I'm the f*ucking king, remember?!" Hahaha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pre-independence Yoruba Women / King Jaja Of Opobo And Wives In The 1870s [ Location: Rivers State ] / I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.