Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (908771 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by em3r4ld(m): 5:12am On Nov 27, 2016
futurewise11:

Congrat...u really hussle hard to be here.

Danke schon
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by em3r4ld(m): 5:12am On Nov 27, 2016
honourableseyi:

Congrats man

Danke. Very soon u go enter Frankfurt.....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by giftwalter: 5:29am On Nov 27, 2016
futurewise11:

If your payslip, account balance and travelling history is on the positive note, you stand a better chance.

Why not try poorer european countries like greece, hungry or poland?

With the same visa you can flex enter germany cos german embassy is not smilling presently on visit visa's.

Thanks Bro, but if am granted the visa from Poland embassy do I need to travel to poland first before going to Germany? Or do I just buy a ticket to Germany direct?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by giftwalter: 5:30am On Nov 27, 2016
futurewise11:

If your payslip, account balance and travelling history is on the positive note, you stand a better chance.

Why not try poorer european countries like greece, hungry or poland?

With the same visa you can flex enter germany cos german embassy is not smilling presently on visit visa's.

Thanks Bro, but if am granted the visa from Poland embassy do I need to travel to poland first before going to Germany? Or do I just buy a ticket to Germany direct?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by futurewise11(m): 5:47am On Nov 27, 2016
giftwalter:

Poland to germany (Berlin) is less than one hour with train.You can enter poland and take a train or flixbus to germany.Your visa is valid to enter and its very cheap.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 27, 2016
Question for the house.. how long does the Germany study visa last? Do I need to show another evidence of 8640euros to renew the visa after the first year of study?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by giftwalter: 10:44am On Nov 27, 2016
futurewise11:

Poland to germany (Berlin) is less than one hour with train.You can enter poland and take a train or flixbus to germany.Your visa is valid to enter and its very cheap.

Thanks bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
evsonlive:
Question for the house.. how long does the Germany study visa last? Do I need to show another evidence of 8640euros to renew the visa after the first year of study?

It depends on your city in Germany. Some give 2yrs while some give more; but it is mostly a year. As per the second question, it depends on your city also; some will ask for complete money to renew, while some will ask for less and some will ask for half and a job contract. But note, for the fact that city A gives certain favourable conditions does not mean city B will do the same even in the same state. Look for current student in your school and your prospective city to know exactly what is up there. Shalom

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 3:29pm On Nov 27, 2016
em3r4ld:

Danke. Very soon u go enter Frankfurt.....

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mrbigman2: 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
Good day, I applied vie nipost 2weeks ago to TUB friberg. How do I know if my documents have arrived? And I see some guys talking about checking Dia admission status.

Pls, how can I know if my document have arrived d school? Or check my admission status?

Abi make I mail the woman ask am?
Is dis allowed or has anyone done same and gotten a response?

Finally, have anyone gotten an offer letter from TUB Friberg?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2016
Mrbigman2:
Good day, I applied vie nipost 2weeks ago to TUB friberg. How do I know if my documents have arrived? And I see some guys talking about checking Dia admission status.

Pls, how can I know if my document have arrived d school? Or check my admission status?

Abi make I mail the woman ask am?
Is dis allowed or has anyone done same and gotten a response?

Finally, have anyone gotten an offer letter from TUB Friberg?
Send email to the school
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seek4yemi1: 1:07am On Nov 28, 2016
House pls I need ur help, I opened a block account with deatsche bank last year and my visa was rejected at the embassy in Dubai, I have sent several closing order to them but I later got an email on 19th of October that my account have been closed ever since then I didn't receive any fund from them, I have sent letter by post and email, I called the customer service several times but all was just stories, I didn't get any response to the letter and email I sent.
What can I do to get back my money
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by riosworos(m): 10:07am On Nov 28, 2016
Finally got my admission letter softcopy... so i guess the next step is opening a block account... can anyone please assist on how I should go about it....!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mrbigman2: 11:46am On Nov 28, 2016
riosworos:
Finally got my admission letter softcopy... so i guess the next step is opening a block account... can anyone please assist on how I should go about it....!!

Congratulations.
What school?

I thing you should book an appointment with the embassy to this effect.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by isidollarboy(m): 12:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
em3r4ld:
Interview: 30th Aug, Funding confirmation: 1st Nov, A.m: 10th Nov, Visum: 15th Nov. Now in Deutschland. If smb like me was able to pull this, abeg neve give up on dis dream. It worths it 100%. Had to give up Luxembourg and Canada for this. God bless y'all for all the wonderful contributions. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going
Big congratulations to you, the funniest dude.. Enjoy Deutschland with cold and lectures grin grin grin shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2016
Chidinho10:
Anyone here still stuck with Form A? I confirmed with my bank here that they process Form A issues swiftly. I even helped a friend pay his fee of CHF 100 for his MSc course at Bern University Switzerland. We used the IBAN, Swift and other necessary information for the payment to be processed and it took three days. Dont let Form A stop you from actualizing your Germany dream. You can PM if you need my assistance and please remember to write a good review for me here when your payment gets processed.

Meanwhile, I dey watch from one side cos na next year i go resume my own application after my NYSC.

Suggestion:
There's a trend here that I've noticed and will like us to correct in order to help ourselves. On GMATclub and several other application portals, students reveal their UG GPAs, TOEFL scores etc whenever they get admitted so that applicants can have an idea of what they need in order to be admitted for graduate schools. I feel we should copy that culture so that people should have an idea of schools to target according to their GPAs. I know Nigerians are mostly secretive but one can still use range to describe his GPA and other test scores (Stuffs like 3.8-4.0).

If Mr. A has a GPA of 2.5 and he knows that Mr. B with a GPA of 2.5 was admitted to Rhine Waal last year, he will be more motivated to apply to that school. Its just a suggestion though which I think will help us alot.

Thanks alot, my 2 cents.

I made proper consultation today and was told that my CHF 100 was done in three days because it is small. Transactions of over 8k euros through Form A takes up to 3 months to be processed. Sorry for raising your hopes.

Danke
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by unipol(m): 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2016
Hello everyone, I live and work in Germany. I need to invite my mum to Germany for a visit. I heard the maximum she can stay with her visiting visa is 90 days.I have health insurance with AOK. Can she be treated in Germany with same health insurance? If not what are other alternative for going to hospital without paying. Thanks in advance.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sammiejokes(m): 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
Chidinho10:

I made proper consultation today and was told that my CHF 100 was done in three days because it is small. Transactions of over 8k euros through Form A takes up to 3 months to be processed. Sorry for raising your hopes.

Danke
So what are the alternative for transferring bro, any clue?

Regards.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sammiejokes(m): 6:53pm On Nov 28, 2016
please house what is the other cheaper way to transfer the 8,000 euro without using Black Market, The Form A palava also is not encouraging.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2016
Sammiejokes:

So what are the alternative for transferring bro, any clue?

Regards.

Two options

1. Form A: It takes 1-3 months and it is the best if your enrollment deadline is still far away. You are being charged between 315-320 per dollar and it is extremely cheap. Ideal for students with deadlines that ain't close.

2. FCY: This option is fastest but more expensive. Dom accounts are used in this case. You have to purchase dollars/euros at the black market and use it to fund your dom account. Then you initiate the transfer. It is faster and done between 1-3 days.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 10:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
riosworos:

Go to the DB webite and download the latest block account form, you will need a statement of account with atleast 4m as closing balance, then you can now book for the opening of the db account on the embassy website when all those things are ready. Take it a step at a time by starting with the statement of account. Filling of the form has its own way also, but when you get to the bridge; you will cross it. Shalom

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by GottSeiDank: 11:29pm On Nov 28, 2016
Pm me. I can help you ask at Db head office here in Alter walls.
seek4yemi1:
House pls I need ur help, I opened a block account with deatsche bank last year and my visa was rejected at the embassy in Dubai, I have sent several closing order to them but I later got an email on 19th of October that my account have been closed ever since then I didn't receive any fund from them, I have sent letter by post and email, I called the customer service several times but all was just stories, I didn't get any response to the letter and email I sent.
What can I do to get back my money
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tesland: 11:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
Greetings from Munich....mehn...bin long since i came here..not been too easy here in deutschland, education here is very demanding....i hail all the ogas in the house, good to know dis thread is still moving well

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 29, 2016
Anybody in the group applied to uni applied sciences luebeck for MSC mechanical engineering? Please raise your hands let me see you grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chydi3(m): 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
Williamso:

Hello people!
I should have done this much sooner, but there's always something eating up my time. I'm studying Information Engineering in Kiel. Please note that this post is about my personal experience in Kiel. If you have a contrary opinion from another city, kindly hold your peace!!!

First things first, Studium is important, and not quite easy! There are always presentations to do, articles to write, empirical studies to conduct, etc, and as a Master Student, it's expected that you already know quite a lot (screw BSc from Naija for putting me in this position grin grin) so it's important that you study a lot. Thankfully, the results so far have been good. Generally speaking, my advice would be to study at the pace you feel most comfortable with. Some people can take more than 30 credits in a semester, some can't take more than 20. You must not finish your program in 4 (or 3) semesters; and this also applies to Bachelor students.

Secondly, language. To me, this is almost as important as the studium itself for various reasons: You're in a German speaking country, so don't expect people to pity you and speak English with you. It's their prerogative to use the language(s) they feel comfortable with so you must accept this and step up. Also, you go to your school's library for a research and you need a reference; out of 10 books on a topic, 8 are in German. Also for a successful studium, internship is necessary and when you're competing with Germans, what better way to get an edge than to have "Deutschkenntnisse"? Even for the programmers where the Language is not as important as the arts, imagine working with the German version of eclipse, of even the entire Microsoft office suite in German. Need I say more?
Learn the language from Nigeria if you can, and if you can't, make a conscious effort to learn it when you get here; I didn't know "Guten Tag" as at September last year smiley

Thirdly, Arbeit. I know many people will read only this paragraph grin grin Anyway, as money is important, this must also be important. But balancing working and studying isn't easy but under strict discipline, it is doable. And yes, there are jobs; I know people here that make more than 1.500 after tax per month with little or no German knowledge (I will not talk on this as the people are taking a gap semester, or not focused on school at all). Nevertheless, German knowledge is important to get jobs: My pidgin Deutsch helped me get my job cheesy cheesy

Fourthly, Fest. Haven't seen any real "Fest" yet. Ich freue mich auf die Kielerwoche im Juni smiley...

Fifthly, Freund machen, Spaß and Frauen. My opinion is that a lot of Germans are very reserved when they're not drunk. Many things could happen when they are, or if you can string some sentences in German or both cool cool cool
Also, the weather now is really great. Great time to go to the beach or wind surfing or spazieren... many things to do, can't list them all.

Sixthly, Essen. I miss pounded yam and egusi soup cry I have had enough potatoes to last a lifetime, And I'm sure I'll be having a lot more over time. Abeg who dey enter Kiel anytime soon, I get list of things wey you go help me bring cry cry cry cry cry cry

Finally, my advice to anyone coming here: LEARN DEUTSCH!!! It's even more important than learning a programming language (and this is coming from someone with a programming/IT background). Integrate properly; don't get angry/upset/confused when things don't happen the way you're used to (*cough* dress codes *cough*), and your stay could be more enjoyable than you anticipated...

Last bullet, if there's anything you were expecting to see that I didn't cover, let me know... smiley

Please i need little clarification in your institution as i intend to study my masters degree in information Engineering.
As a masters holder, do i need TestAS and i appreciate the information provided as this has opened my heart and mind to really study german, no matter how little.

Please get back to me urgently.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kaybeeeee(m): 7:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
Pls is MBBS English or German taught in germany
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tesland: 11:42pm On Nov 29, 2016
Kaybeeeee:
Pls is MBBS English or German taught in germany
100% deutsch
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by flames101: 4:45am On Nov 30, 2016
Hello, please who has used form A recently and successfully. I will like to know which bank he or she used, the rate and approximate time it took for d transfer to happen?, Tnks. Ya all help a brother...

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.