Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (908878 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by badtboi: 12:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
queendoreez:

Sorry to disappoint you sir, you can actually appeal. I know my rights.
Glad to know that you are well aware of your rights and good luck with your appeal.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JoshMedia: 12:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
Does this mean the Bank will make payment directly to our Block account?

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 12:38pm On Feb 23, 2017
queendoreez:

Yes, when someone especially a fellow Nigerian sees himself as a god because he's in some sort of pisition of authority then you need remind them that death is inevitable irrespective of class or social status.

Hmmm, it is well. Though visiting visa might be a little bit tighter now going into the election with the pressure on Merkel on immigration. The minister of interior yesterday signed a memo to deport all failed asylum applications. Also, 2 weeks ago, Germany signed a deal with Nigeria to send back home all Or nearly all Nigerian asylum seeker. I know you are not one; but the interviewer saw you as a potential migrant which brought about that adevise. He might have done that with sincerity of heart ; may be or may be not. Check if you can appeal and go for it if you can. But tone down while writing your appeal , it cost them nothing If you didn't go. Shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by queendoreez(f): 12:43pm On Feb 23, 2017
badtboi:

seriously you need to calm down. The young man who interviewed does not know you or has any prejudice towards you and was simply doing his job no one has a right to visa even if you have managed to convince yourself that you are entitled to one based on your documents. Do you really think the young man is the one granting and refusing visas all he can do is recommend for approval or refusal based on your documents and your response during the interview and the interview transcripts are still subject to a review and further assessment by a very experienced visa officer before a final decision. Try to refrain from insulting the man and rather give a detailed account of the interview and lets delibrate and see how any further application can be improved.

I am sorry sir, i can't say more than i have said here, even if i wanted to, not with all the negative comments here.

I already made up my mind on the right thing to do and i did that already. Thank you for your time. Ese gaan.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by queendoreez(f): 12:47pm On Feb 23, 2017
gabi101:

lmao''save my money for recession''?! undecided... it happens sometimes tho.what about the appeal you made?
honourableseyi:

Hmmm, it is well. Though visiting visa might be a little bit tighter now going into the election with the pressure on Merkel on immigration. The minister of interior yesterday signed a memo to deport all failed asylum applications. Also, 2 weeks ago, Germany signed a deal with Nigeria to send back home all Or nearly all Nigerian asylum seeker. I know you are not one; but the interviewer saw you as a potential migrant which brought about that adevise. He might have done that with sincerity of heart ; may be or may be not. Check if you can appeal and go for it if you can. But tone down while writing your appeal , it cost them nothing If you didn't go. Shalom
badtboi:

Glad to know that you are well aware of your rights and good luck with your appeal.
honourableseyi:

Thank you for your time. Gracias!!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by gabi101(m): 1:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
JoshMedia:

Thanks Bro
I will be applying for Winter and not summer
I will be applying to University of Applied Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt: Business and Engineering

Rhinewaal: Mechanical Engineering
and one other one

alright then,best wishes smiley
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JoshMedia: 1:44pm On Feb 23, 2017
gabi101:

alright then,best wishes smiley
Amen and you too smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iamedwin: 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
JoshMedia:

Are we not in Nigeria? grin grin

Lol...my brother, na prayer...A lady banker I asked the weekend CBN came up with the initiative got to my friend I knew her through to say that forex is available now.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JoshMedia: 3:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
iamedwin:

Lol...my brother, na prayer...A lady banker I asked the weekend CBN came up with the initiative got to my friend I knew her through to say that forex is available now.
Amen
grin grin smiley
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ghostmist: 7:51pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hello house, please i would like to know if the DB account can be funded by someone resident in Germany?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by namek2: 8:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
Garman denied me visa yestdy i was mad..they marked no 8&9 in d white paper..pls i want to Appeal for it,how do i go about this..this is aweful..i need ur help.pls
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 9:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
ghostmist:
Hello house, please i would like to know if the DB account can be funded by someone resident in Germany?

That is the surest and fastest way now. Shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olargee: 10:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
So how does a student resident abroad apply for PTA needed for living expenses in the subsequent quarters following departure from Nigeria. I don't want to think that PTA can only be applied for within Nigeria.
donkafor:
Just got this from Zenith Bank.. Seems real good.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by henriq2: 10:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
honourableseyi:

@Seyi, I will pm you for future contact
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donkafor(m): 10:53pm On Feb 23, 2017
There will be a way. Let's be hopeful
Olargee:
So how does a student resident abroad apply for PTA needed for living expenses in the subsequent quarters following departure from Nigeria. I don't want to think that PTA can only be applied for within Nigeria.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ghostmist: 12:01am On Feb 24, 2017
honourableseyi:

Thanks bro...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 12:07am On Feb 24, 2017
Olargee:

That is why it is called PTA and not student living expenses. It is not meant for student expenses. PTA is for those that are travelling out of Nigeria not those that are in other country. Shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Successful111: 1:19am On Feb 24, 2017
Good day to all,,please my brothers/siss,,,i would need your answers on what i am about to explain..
I want to apply for the winter semester of RHEIN WAAL university of applied sceince Msc Economics and finance..but i am quite confused with what i saw as the requirements of application..I already have a ''Bsc Degree Economics and Statistics UNIBEN upper class'' and this was what i saw as d requirements.

LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS;
Please note that for Master's degree programmes, English language skills at level B2 are required. Please be aware that all applicants' test report form numbers will be checked.
Please check the university web page for details.
The following certificates are accepted:
IELTS: 6.0 - 6.5
TOEFL (Internet-based test): minimum 80
TOEFL (paper-based test): minimum 550
TOEFL (computer-based test): minimum 213
The TOEFL code of our university is: 6962
The only exceptions to these language requirements is the achievement of a Bachelor's degree taught in English.
Please note: From the summer semester 2017 onwards, English language skills at level C1 are required.

ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS; German entrance qualification for universities of applied sciences or equivalent
(http://anabin.kmk.org/) and a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) related to economics and finance with a German grade of 2.5 or higher or an ECTS grade of A or B

Now these are my questions please,,,,
(1)for the language Requirement,since i already have my Bsc of which all its courses were taught in English,, does it mean i do not need to sit for any of the above ''Test of English language as foreign language''?

(2)Academic Requirements,,like i said i have a Bsc on Economics and Statistics from University of Benin (Uniben) upper divission 3.62 as CGPA..I do not know if this is up to a German grade of 2.5 or higher or an ECTS grade of A or B ....lastly i have no idea on how to get the German entrance qualification for universities of applied sciences or equivalent,since it was slated on the Academic requirement which most be added to my Bsc degree...
@Honorableseyi
@batboi and the rest on this forum
i need your answers on this my peple,,,God bless you all
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbonito(m): 3:28am On Feb 24, 2017
Successful111:
Good day to all,,please my brothers/siss,,,i would need your answers on what i am about to explain..
I want to apply for the winter semester of RHEIN WAAL university of applied sceince Msc Economics and finance..but i am quite confused with what i saw as the requirements of application..I already have a ''Bsc Degree Economics and Statistics UNIBEN upper class'' and this was what i saw as d requirements.

LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS;
Please note that for Master's degree programmes, English language skills at level B2 are required. Please be aware that all applicants' test report form numbers will be checked.
The only exceptions to these language requirements is the achievement of a Bachelor's degree taught in English.
Please note: From the summer semester 2017 onwards, English language skills at level C1 are required.

ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS; German entrance qualification for universities of applied sciences or equivalent
(http://anabin.kmk.org/) and a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) related to economics and finance with a German grade of 2.5 or higher or an ECTS grade of A or B

(1)for the language Requirement,since i already have my Bsc of which all its courses were taught in English,, does it mean i do not need to sit for any of the above ''Test of English language as foreign language''?

(2)Academic Requirements,,like i said i have a Bsc on Economics and Statistics from University of Benin (Uniben) upper divission 3.62 as CGPA..I do not know if this is up to a German grade of 2.5 or higher or an ECTS grade of A or B ....lastly i have no idea on how to get the German entrance qualification for universities of applied sciences or equivalent,since it was slated on the Academic requirement which most be added to my Bsc degree...
@Honorableseyi

Lemme chip in from the little I know!
1. No! You do not NEED to sit for any of the English exams but if you have the time and money, it wont hurt you by doing it.

2. From the top of my head I can't pick out the formula for converting grades from Ninja to German for you ( I read it somewhere on this thread a long time ago, just make a keyword search on google and add Nairaland at the tail end of ur search ) but I do know your 3.6 is good enough.

Also German university entrance or equivalent surely has to be your O'levels. ( I stand to be corrected ), so I think you are good to go. If you are in any doubt, Mail the program coordinator with your transcript and ask both question about English requirements and Uni entrance equivalent. No go ask about CGPA conversion oooo. You can do that urself.

Good luck.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gbaski247: 7:27am On Feb 24, 2017
namek2:
Garman denied me visa yestdy i was mad..they marked no 8&9 in d white paper..pls i want to Appeal for it,how do i go about this..this is aweful..i need ur help.pls
Calm down, tell us how it happened, ur interview day, day of rejection, is it student visa, BSc or MSc, what they stated it's the reason for the rejection, then, we will know how to handle it.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by badtboi: 8:20am On Feb 24, 2017
Successful111:
Good day to all,,please my brothers/siss,,,i would need your answers on what i am about to explain. Economics and Statistics UNIBEN upper class'' and this was what i saw as d requirements is the achievement of a Bachelor's degree taught in English.
Please note: From the summer semester 2017 onwards, English language skills at level C1
@Honorableseyi
For the English Language requirement Rhine Waal has become notorious for not accepting the fact that Nigerians satisfy the English Language requirement by virtue of it been the Official language and for Academics and insist on all applicants writing and providing IELTS scores for their application to be considered. So you will need to write the IELTS exams to meet the C1 requirements but note that not all universities are this strict with the english requirement as some are more flexible and allow other evidences as proof.

Your 3.6 Naija Grade will convert to a respectable grade on the German Scale probably 2.2 or 2.3 if i guess correctly but if you kindly read a few pages back an online link for grade conversion was posted recently.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by namek2: 10:06am On Feb 24, 2017
GBASKI247 I WENT TO INTERVIEW ON 16TH FEB 2016:I APPLIED FOR A TOURIST VIST..I WENT WITH ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENT INCLUDING THE IV LETTER ND D PASSPT OF THE GAL INVITING ME,I HAVE MY INSURANCE FOR 2WKS OF STAY,MY ROUND TICKE ITENENARY,HOTEL RESERVE,MY MARIAGE CERT,MY LEAVE LETTER ND RECOMMENDATION,LETTER. Stable acount 3.4m..I ASWRD FREQUENTLY..but them denied me..stating 2 Reasons! In the white paper no8. That my Reason of going there is nt convince.. No9. THEY ARE NT SURE IF I WIL LEAVE B4 MY XPIRY DATE OF VISA
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by victolo: 11:21am On Feb 24, 2017
follow https://onlinemacha.com/calculator-german-grade to convert your Naija GPA to German

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Successful111: 11:41am On Feb 24, 2017
@ batboi,@Jbnito thanks a lot bro,,i just saw the formula,, but it happens to be that my cgpa of 3.62 in a German scale grade was just 1.38...and that is no were close to the 2
5 requested by Rhein Waal...and as for the o level bro,i have Neco results and not Waec...am just so confused about everything now,,please @ batboi can I speak to you on phone call??
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Successful111: 11:48am On Feb 24, 2017
victolo:
follow https://onlinemacha.com/calculator-german-grade to convert your Naija GPA to German
Please bro,,can you help me do this,,the maximum cgpa on my school is 5.0 minimum is 1.0,,i had 3.62.. thanks in advance
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 11:52am On Feb 24, 2017
Successful111:

@Honorableseyi

1. No, you don't have to sit for any English test as far as this course and information given above is concerned. However, to be on the safer side, send an E-mail to them to double sure that they still mean what they put up there and the process(s) has not changed. Get a letter of proficiency from school.

2. Use this formular to calculate it.

(Nmax-Nattained/ Nmax-Nlowest)x 3+1=?

From your Cgpa( 5 - 3.62/ 5 - 1)x 3 + 1 = 2.035 app 2.0. Your grade is better and above the requirement which is a plus for you since the course is restricted. Also, apply to other schools too;we have a lot of them on daad that will not request IELTS or TOEFL. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 11:54am On Feb 24, 2017
Successful111:
@ batboi,@Jbnito thanks a lot bro,,i just saw the formula,, but it happens to be that my cgpa of 3.62 in a German scale grade was just 1.38...and that is no were close to the 2
5 requested by Rhein Waal...and as for the o level bro,i have Neco results and not Waec...am just so confused about everything now,,please @ batboi can I speak to you on phone call??

German scale is different from Nigerian scale.

1-1.5=VERY GOOD
1.6-2.5=GOOD
2.6-3.5=satisfactory
3.6-4.0=deficient
4.1-abv=insufficient

Shalom

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by victolo: 12:04pm On Feb 24, 2017
Successful111:

Please bro,,can you help me do this,,the maximum cgpa on my school is 5.0 minimum is 1.0,,i had 3.62.. thanks in advance
Maxumium is 5.0
minimum is 2.0
then you input your grade
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rudyislife: 12:19pm On Feb 24, 2017
Please @biglord can we discuss need to ask you some stuff
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Odingo1: 1:07pm On Feb 24, 2017
namek2:
GBASKI247 I WENT TO INTEVIEW ON 16TH FEB 2016:I APPLIED FOR A TOURIST VIST..I WENT WITH ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENT INCLUDING THE IV LETTER ND D PASSPT OF THE GAL INVITING ME,I HAVE MY INSURANCE FOR 2WKS OF STAY,MY ROUND TICKE ITENENARY,HOTEL RESERVE,MY MARIAGE CERT,MY LEAVE LETTER ND RECOMMENDATION,LETTER. Stable acount 3.4m..I ASWRD FREQUENTLY..but them denied me..stating 2 Reasons! In the white paper no8. That my Reason of going there is nt convince.. No9. THEY ARE NT SURE IF I WIL LEAVE B4 MY XPIRY DATE OF VISA
It is difficult to get tourist visa to Germany because Germany is having immigration crisis and they are not top tourist destination country in eroupe,Spain and Italy will be better.Currently now Nigerians are been deported from Germany, most of them are asylum seekers and those that overstay their visa.
If you want easy visa, apply for a conference like 3weeks conference and pay for it and with your good supporting documents, you will get the visa.Tourist visa be somehow with a lot of suspicion, expecially if you have not travel to EU,US,UK,Canada before, it will be difficult.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pervic(m): 2:09pm On Feb 24, 2017
Successful111:

LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS;

@Honorableseyi

Answer to Ur question 2

The conversation Formular:

3 × (Nmax - Nd)/Nmax - Nmin + 1
So in Ur case,

According to my institution
Nmax = 5
Nmin = 1

Where Nd = CGPA = 3.6

Therefore

3 × [(5 - 3.6) / 5 - 1] + 1

3 × [1.4 / 4] + 1

3 × (0.35) + 1

1.05 + 1 = 2.05

So Ur CGPA in German scale is 2.0

So U are good to go.

To the best of my knowledge as downloaded from a german skull application portal in M.S Excel format

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by debuchy(m): 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2017
Pls house. I hav submited all my documents to TUM . It is now showing formal entry met on my online account. Pls house wot does that mean

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.