Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (908115 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rapahel1116: 7:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
Thanks boss I really appreciate ....seems I will b going for private tutoring den .
OnePunchMan:
Seeing this Goethe or private German lessons talk...

Well, I personally believe Goethe is a waste of time and money. The tutors in Goethe are private ones and spend more of their time focusing on their own students than the class as a whole, they speak so much English when trying to explain things in class. I wasted 9 months of my life preparing for B1 there, did the exams and passed all but hören. I got to Germany and took classes here and got to properly learn German. They treat each student like only you matters, they take time out to explain things and they never use English but they way they gesticulate, find smaller German words to explain bigger words, you will fall in love. Now I just passed my testdaf after 2 months in the country but on getting here I dint feel as good as an A2.1 student even after wasting 9 months with Goethe. In Goethe you go home and teach yourself because the teachers don't know how to teach German. In Germany the intensive Monday to Friday courses are enough, you don't even need to do more than 1 hour revision of the day's work when you get home.

Long and short of it is that private classes for you guys in Nigeria might be expensive but you would be glad you did it. Goethe style won't favor you. You need to learn at a high intensity daily and not twice a week in Goethe, that's a waste of money and time. In my time in Goethe we were very few that were lucky to pass 3 sections but guess what.... only the 2 Goethe students who were also privately being taught by a teacher passed all at once and most of the external students.

Spend your money wisely. My 9 months in Goethe in 2015/2016 that got me 3/4 in b1 isn't as good as my 2 months in Maria-spring in Germany that got me my C1.2 and then going on to Pass testdaf in one sitting.

My advice, get a private tutor that will intensively drill German into your head and take the language as a do or die affair and you can be b1 standard in 2 months max. Go for exam in Goethe, pass and then get a conditional admission then go for proper language class in Germany. Don't waste months of your life putting up with Goethe. Time is money, money buys good quality
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by esdajo: 9:07pm On Apr 29, 2017
@OnePunchMan, I beg to differ in part on your submission. I want to believe your submission was your own personal experience which could have been influenced by a number of factors. Personally, I think Goethe Institut in Lagos is doing a good job and the issue of teachers taking the private lesson thing more than even the general class is also an individual thing. For instance, I registered at Goethe last September and I did not spend more than roughly 6 weeks or so there before I returned to Germany. But believe me, I was able to learn a lot within that short period as I took my classes very seriously even though I could not finish a single level (A1). But on returning to Germany, I was able to communicate in my own little way at the Train station where I purchased a ticket to my final destination unlike before. Now, I registered with Volkschule, a language center here where they hardly speak English during classes but I still have reasons to go back to my A1.1 workbook from Goethe and of course, my notes as well, and this has really helped a lot. For me, I think the most important thing is picking as much words as possible such that when someone speaks to you, you would comprehend or when you see a sentence written in German, you can quickly identify what the sentence is all about as long as you can identify the meaning of up to 70% of the words then you can understand the context in which the words were constructed.

Overall, I think its a matter of how serious one takes the language program in Nigeria. Admittedly, there are lots of factors that could slow down the level of assimilation, e.g: epileptic power supply and access to the Internet. For instance, one would need to practice what one was taught in class upon getting home and the PHCN people too will always want to prove they are reigning supreme in Nigeria. Unfettered access to the Internet too would help in learning new words and most importantly, how to correctly pronounce those words as a letter with two tiny dots (umlaut) on it would change the pronunciation entirely. To an extent, I partially agree with your submission because while I was still there at Goethe in Lagos, Frau Hullur, the Indian woman was very helpful and for a beginner, there is no way you can learn a language without the translation thereof in English until you become very conversant with those words over time such that when they are mentioned or spoken, you know exactly what it means in English language. On a lighter note, nobody on the streets would ask what certificate in German language that you possess, they would speak the language and its only when you appear to understand and speak it better that the person might be forced to inquire about your level of proficiency by way of the certificate you possess. This is just my personal opinion but I am also open to hearing other people's views on the subject.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rapahel1116: 9:48pm On Apr 29, 2017
Pls guys is studienkollege in Germany still free ?or u pay tuition? And can I apply for studienkollege after completing my language school Here in Nigeria?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sawhite: 9:55am On Apr 30, 2017
Rapahel1116:
Pls good morning ....guys....I just got admitted into a language school in Germany with possibility of studying in a German studienkollege if I am through with my language school....wat stopped me from applying for visa was the blocked account ,cos at the rate at which naira is against euro its too much...I just want how I can reduce the rate ....I have been calculating Nd I came up with 5million with black market ....but my budget is 3.5mullion naira
Rapahel1116:
Pls good morning ....guys....I just got admitted into a language school in Germany with possibility of studying in a German studienkollege if I am through with my language school....wat stopped me from applying for visa was the blocked account ,cos at the rate at which naira is against euro its too much...I just want how I can reduce the rate ....I have been calculating Nd I came up with 5million with black market ....but my budget is 3.5mullion naira
how did this go, and why are u applying for another language course again
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lakeside2134: 10:56am On Apr 30, 2017
I'm currently doing my A2 at goethe,so i can attest to all what the other Posters are saying.Please do not be deceived that's its Goethe and all what not,if you have the funds to get private lessons please do so and save yourself the stress .The long and short of this is that Goethe is slow and you have to put in extraordinary effort to succed(which would be rewarded in the end because you can get a scholarship anf you would get to pay half price on your next level).The teachers know it's too slow and one of them told us that what we were learning in the A1 class wasn't even enough to pass the exam.If you have the money I'll suggest you go for private lessons.

I'm leaving Goethe after A2 please if anyone can refer me to any private teachers in Lagos it would be highly appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rapahel1116: 1:29pm On Apr 30, 2017
I Was told its difficult to get a student visa with a language course matriculation letter ...even if u have the intention of studying there after ur language course .....so.I asked d institute to a refund .
sawhite:
how did this go, and why are u applying for another language course again
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by meekmill(m): 1:33pm On Apr 30, 2017
bochu03:
How i wish i fit collect dat date..omo na June 12 i See My self OÖ, and My Aufnahme Prüfung na july 4..Hochschule Konstanz

same here bro, cant meet up with the test in htwg konstanz
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bochu03: 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
Met a guy at the embassy and he told me they ask him to fund after one week of interview.. I think with June 12,its still possible to meet up with the aufnahme Prüfung.abi how u see am
meekmill:

same here bro, cant meet up with the test in htwg konstanz
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by meekmill(m): 6:50pm On Apr 30, 2017
bochu03:
Met a guy at the embassy and he told me they ask him to fund after one week of interview.. I think with June 12,its still possible to meet up with the aufnahme Prüfung.abi how u see am

i hope so
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Misterdhee1(m): 9:40pm On Apr 30, 2017
Eke40seven:
Note however, that Jena is not the kind of place you survive if you hope to get your funds from jobs. It is cheaper to live there though.

Well, I don't really have time, from time to time I will write a mini article on my top ten cities to study in Germany, considering the most important factors for people coming from Nigeria. The scores will be weighted and analysed.
Boss, pls don't renege on this ur promise o.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 30, 2017
Please guys, can someone accept an admission offer while on tourist visa in germany.. Like, can the tourist visa be changed to student visa while already on ground in germany? Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eke40seven(m): 4:48am On May 01, 2017
Misterdhee1:

Boss, pls don't renege on this ur promise o.
I had it all done but decided against putting here because of the controversies it will generate. Note that I am not an authority in this.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eke40seven(m): 4:49am On May 01, 2017
paybak:
Please guys, can someone accept an admission offer while on tourist visa in germany.. Like, can the tourist visa be changed to student visa while already on ground in germany? Thanks
No! You will to go back to Nigeria to switch to student visa.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hybeenoni: 6:32am On May 01, 2017
@ Boss Eke40seven I have a very personal question I wish to ask you and hv been unable to contact u tru the PM button, can I have your mail plz?

Mine is ib4real200083@yahoo.com

Tnx in anticipation
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eldeee(m): 6:33am On May 01, 2017
Biko, Bros kindly post them here no matter the controversies you think it might create, remember everyone is entitled to his or her opinion and we see things from different perspective, and moreover it's not about being an authority, it's about sharing and humbly learning, we are all here to learn from each other. No one has the compendium of knowledge.

Whoever have a contrary view should make his ascertions known too for us to also learn. Danke fur verstehen.

Eke40seven:

I had it all done but decided against putting here because of the controversies it will generate. Note that I am not an authority in this.

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zizytd(m): 7:54am On May 01, 2017
futurewise11:

How can you start the course in may, when you are still in nigeria without visa....is it an online programme?

High court is accepted by uni assist.

You can only apply for winter semester.....summer is gone.

Good Day, I want to start applications this week for university of koln and university of munster for information system, the schools said if you study in English, u can send a document from ur bsc university to show you studied in English(how do I go about this) and can I go to high court to stamp d documents I want to send to the schools? Both schools don't use uni assist

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbonito(m): 8:19am On May 01, 2017
zizytd:

Good Day, I want to start applications this week for university of koln and university of munster for information system, the schools said if you study in English, u can send a document from ur bsc university to show you studied in English(how do I go about this) and can I go to high court to stamp d documents I want to send to the schools? Both schools don't use uni assist

I think Exams & Records office in ur school should give you this letter. Just go and find out, it should not be a problem. Yes high court can notarize your docs to be sent for application.

Cheers n good luck.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jboyjoel: 8:33am On May 01, 2017
futurewise11:

1.What is the cost of the tution fee?
2.Have you made proper arrangement with regards to fund if you are asked to open a blocked account within the shortest possible period you intend starting your course?
3. I would suggested you start your program in September or October as the case may be.that will give your time to make arrangement ..

Regards

How can you start the course in may, when you are still in nigeria without visa....is it an online programme?

High court is accepted by uni assist.

You can only apply for winter semester.....summer is gone.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by futurewise11(m): 8:42am On May 01, 2017
zizytd:

The letter is just a short note from your school stating your program was conducted in English language and the official language in your country is English.

Both high court and embassy is Ok for notarization.

You can send both document to me in germany so I help u in splitting it and sending it to both schools.(It saves you some cost|)

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zizytd(m): 8:47am On May 01, 2017
futurewise11:

The letter is just a short note from your school stating your program was conducted in English language and the official language in your country is English.

You can send both document to me in germany so I help u in splitting it and sending it to both schools.(It saves you some cost|)

Tank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zizytd(m): 8:47am On May 01, 2017
jbonito:

I think Exams & Records office in ur school should give you this letter. Just go and find out, it should not be a problem. Yes high court can notarize your docs to be sent for application.

Cheers n good luck.

Tank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zizytd(m): 8:55am On May 01, 2017
jbonito:

Cheers n good luck.
For the letter, for the two different schools should I request for two or I get only 1, photocopy it and notarize it.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AgentONE(m): 9:12am On May 01, 2017
futurewise11:

Good morning boss,pls can u also extend such service to me as well?
I'av been looking for such means of cutting down on cost since I am applying to about eight schools
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by futurewise11(m): 9:21am On May 01, 2017
AgentONE:

Good morning boss,pls can u also extend such service to me as well?
I'av been looking for such means of cutting down on cost since I am applying to about eight schools

8 schools is too much...I can send two for u free..if its more than 2 u pay....its around 2 euro per letter within germany and it will be deliver the next working day.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbonito(m): 9:28am On May 01, 2017
zizytd:

For the letter, for the two different schools should I request for two or I get only 1, photocopy it and notarize it.

I'm not sure. But I think you can make use of a copy for sure. Since you will notarize it.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AgentONE(m): 9:45am On May 01, 2017
futurewise11:

8 schools is too much...I can send two for u free..if its more than 2 u pay....its around 2 euro per letter within germany and it will be deliver the next working day.
Can I pm u so we can further discuss based on logistics cos am highly interested in this offer
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by henriq2: 10:00am On May 01, 2017
futurewise11:

That's very kind of you. Godspeed

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.