Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (908136 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pingopingo: 9:41pm On May 25, 2017
[/color][b][/b]

Is there[color=#550000]

Is there anyone who has gotten this kind of mail? I applied to University of Duisburg and Essen Msc Sustainable urban Technologies and this is what I get as reply.my degrees classification was clear stated as SECOND CLASS LOWER with CGPA OF 3.39 of 5.0

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Zodka: 10:04pm On May 25, 2017
chidi4eze:
wow nice
Where did u get d mail
Yet to receive anything

Did u mean when?

Got the email today

I applied 3 weeks ago.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lextronggroup: 10:14pm On May 25, 2017
When do they acknowledged your documents?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Zodka: 10:25pm On May 25, 2017
hadassaheke:

Hi search for tesland in the group and send him a PM

Alright

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rapahel1116: 10:29pm On May 25, 2017
So dis is their high school's maths over there? So high school students for Nigeria just de waste their time de learn wetin we de call maths b dat na ...
Jigba:

I prefer maths to chemistry and biology
The gymnasium is like their secondary school

I couldn't upload the pdf that contains the curriculum on nairaland
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Zodka: 10:29pm On May 25, 2017
Lextronggroup:

I said 3weeks ago..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donkafor(m): 10:35pm On May 25, 2017
Brother chill.. You will be notified. Always check TUMOnline
Lextronggroup:

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 25, 2017
Rapahel1116:
So dis is their high school's maths over there? So high school students for Nigeria just de waste their time de learn wetin we de call maths b dat na ...

I'm curious do you think it's more difficult or less difficult than in Nigeria and be careful with the term "high school". It usually matches classes 5 -9/10 (Sekundarstufe 1), which is the typical secondary school. The Sekundarstufe 2 is not really present in the Nigerian system. It's like that part is skipped but here it's the most important. It's with the end result of the final Sekundarstufe 2 exams (Abitur) that you use to go to university. The exams written in Nigerian secondary schools (e.g further maths) can be compared to the mathematics taught in class 9/10 and that is waaaaaaaaaay tooooooo easy for the "Abiturprüfung".

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rapahel1116: 11:12pm On May 25, 2017
Some questions there were quite easy ...while d difficult ones could just discourage u to submit wen u seat for the test...cos wen I started I first started with the difficult ones ..lwkmd.wat am saying is "the difficult ones no b here oohh" ...BT tank God for further maths ...attempted all nd got just 3 with there correct answers
lovelygurl:

I'm curious do you think it's more difficult or less difficult than in Nigeria and be careful with the term "high school". It usually matches classes 5 -9/10 (Sekundarstufe 1), which is the typical secondary school. The Sekundarstufe 2 is not really present in the Nigerian system. It's like that part is skipped but here it's the most important. It's with the end result of the final Sekundarstufe 2 exams (Abitur) that you use to go to university. The exams written in Nigerian secondary schools (e.g further maths) can be compared to the mathematics taught in class 9/10 and that is waaaaaaaaaay tooooooo easy for the "Abiturprüfung".
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 25, 2017
Rapahel1116:
Some questions there were quite easy ...while d difficult ones could just discourage u to submit wen u seat for the test...cos wen I started I first started with the difficult ones ..lwkmd.wat am saying is "the difficult ones no b here oohh" ...BT tank God for further maths ...attempted all nd got just 3 with there correct answers

Loool yh I feel that's the mistake most people make, they "underestimate" the system. Sure it's a must to have schooled for 12 years b4 uni but the stuff done in Nigeria for 12 years can't really be compared to what you do here for 12/ sometimes 13 years. I have a feeling the further maths helped you with the "basic maths" here. A friend of mine is in a "Leistungskurs" which is like further maths and they even analyse the formulas used and why the formulas are used, how it came to place blablabla. The whole stuff gives be headache grin

I was curious because a friend of mine went to the USA as an exchange student. We were in the same class but now she probably has to repeat a class because she's a class behind or sth. It's even worse in Switzerland grin, more difficult but the system is longer too.
And oh
The worst things about the easy questions are they are probably just 5 points worth or sth while the difficult ones are like 15-20 grin. I'm always like "bruh, come on!" grin

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chidi4eze(m): 11:29pm On May 25, 2017
Zodka:

Did u mean when?

Got the email today

I applied 3 weeks ago.
okay I applied for same course..I wish u d best in the interview

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chidi4eze(m): 11:32pm On May 25, 2017
Pingopingo:
[/color][b][/b]

Is there[color=#550000]

Is there anyone who has gotten this kind of mail? I applied to University of Duisburg and Essen Msc Sustainable urban Technologies and this is what I get as reply.my degrees classification was clear stated as SECOND CLASS LOWER with CGPA OF 3.39 of 5.0
did you read d course requirements very well before applying?
It might be the ECTS or d course is not related to ur Undergraduate study
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rapahel1116: 11:42pm On May 25, 2017
Wen I saw the questions I was like ....wat text book will I use to study for dis one again ...nd it seems like de dont gv marks for correct steps ....only for d ansas if am correct.cos d sample I saw was just answers nd no solution .
lovelygurl:

Loool yh I feel that's the mistake most people make, they "underestimate" the system. Sure it's a must to have schooled for 12 years b4 uni but the stuff done in Nigeria for 12 years can't really be compared to what you do here for 12/ sometimes 13 years. I have a feeling the further maths helped you with the "basic maths" here. A friend of mine is in a "Leistungskurs" which is like further maths and they even analyse the formulas used and why the formulas are used, how it came to place blablabla. The whole stuff gives be headache grin

I was curious because a friend of mine went to the USA as an exchange student. We were in the same class but now she probably has to repeat a class because she's a class behind or sth. It's even worse in Switzerland grin, more difficult but the system is longer too.
And oh
The worst things about the easy questions are they are probably just 5 points worth or sth while the difficult ones are like 15-20 grin. I'm always like "bruh, come on!" grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rapahel1116: 11:45pm On May 25, 2017
Lwkmd....why d formulas are used ?wat kind of question is dat .....dis one just weak me
lovelygurl:

they even analyse the formulas used and why the formulas are used, how it came to place blablabla. The whole stuff gives be headache grin
" grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 25, 2017
Rapahel1116:
Wen I saw the questions I was like ....wat text book will I use to study for dis one again ...nd it seems like de dont gv marks for correct steps ....only for d ansas if am correct.cos d sample I saw was just answers nd no solution .

Oh they do give marks for corrects steps. Let's say there are 6 steps jeading to the answer. Each step = 2 points including the final step, the 6th step which is the answer. If you make a little mistake at the 2nd step, you'll get 0.5 points or 0 depending on the mistake you make. And well the the mistake in the 2nd step leads to other steps including the answer being wrong. That's how you end up getting 2.5/12. You have to be careful because 95% of the exercises have about 3-6 steps or maybe more
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 12:01am On May 26, 2017
Rapahel1116:
Lwkmd....why d formulas are used ?wat kind of question is dat .....dis one just weak me

I know right! Like wtf grin. The thing is the exams in Sekundarstufe 2 are analysis, in every single subject. In fact the German Abiturprüfung (if you have it as yozr main course) is "6 school hours" (=5 hours to and 20mins) long while the English 1 is 5 "school hours" long. That's analysis for you grin. If it is just your basic course then it's 4 hours long. I swear the love exaggerating.

The worst thing is I still think the time is too short because you have to write sooooo much

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rapahel1116: 12:19am On May 26, 2017
Lolx.....I wish Nigeria's education would b like dat...cos there were so many unnecessary tins we did in high school dat took us months to cover ...de should just scrap out some stuff....to create chance for others dat are important to b taught well.
lovelygurl:

I know right! Like wtf grin. The thing is the exams in Sekundarstufe 2 are analysis, in every single subject. In fact the German Abiturprüfung (if you have it as yozr main course) is "6 school hours" (=5 hours to and 20mins) long while the English 1 is 5 "school hours" long. That's analysis for you grin. If it is just your basic course then it's 4 hours long. I swear the love exaggerating.

The worst thing is I still think the time is too short because you have to write sooooo much
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rapahel1116: 12:20am On May 26, 2017
How many years does it take to get into college in Germany ....I mean counting from ur creche or nursery class or what's it called there?
lovelygurl:

Oh they do give marks for corrects steps. Let's say there are 6 steps jeading to the answer. Each step = 2 points including the final step, the 6th step which is the answer. If you make a little mistake at the 2nd step, you'll get 0.5 points or 0 depending on the mistake you make. And well the the mistake in the 2nd step leads to other steps including the answer being wrong. That's how you end up getting 2.5/12. You have to be careful because 95% of the exercises have about 3-6 steps or maybe more
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 12:31am On May 26, 2017
Rapahel1116:
How many years does it take to get into college in Germany ....I mean counting from ur creche or nursery class or what's it called there?

Kindergarten is like 1-6 years --> There are different stages, from doing nothing but playing to learning how to write etc

Then the real schooling starts at 6/7 years of age but you have to be 6--> class 1-4 is then primary school. Your primary school result will decide if you are going to a Hauptschule, Realschule or Gymnasium. A newer option is the Gesamtschule which includes those three schools(that's another story lol)

Class 5-9 is Hauptschule
-10 is Realschule

They are both Sekundarstufe 1 but you can't achieve much with your Hauptschulabsluss. The Realschullabshluss is way better but not as good as the Abiabschluss which is class 11-12/13 depending on your state. Then uni etc

Oh I forgot Fachabi, that's like the normal abitur just that you have less subjects. If you already know what you want to do study and do, then Fachabteilungen might be an option because you only learn the subjects you need but the "Allgemeine Abitur" offers your more options to what to study
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rapahel1116: 12:38am On May 26, 2017
All dis stuff?so dat means if ur bright ur primary school result can tk u directly to gymnasium?won't dat b too much for a ten yr old?sha all dis whites dat some of dem becomes professors at 20 de should b among that category of individuals.
lovelygurl:

Kindergarten is like 1-6 years --> There are different stages, from doing nothing but playing to learning how to write etc

Then the real schooling starts at 6/7 years of age but you have to be 6--> class 1-4 is then primary school. Your primary school result will decide if you are going to a Hauptschule, Realschule or Gymnasium. A newer option is the Gesamtschule which includes those three schools(that's another story lol)

Class 5-9 is Hauptschule
-10 is Realschule

They are both Sekundarstufe 1 but you can't achieve much with your Hauptschulabsluss. The Realschullabshluss is way better but not as good as the Abiabschluss which is class 11-12/13 depending on your state. Then uni etc

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 12:45am On May 26, 2017
Rapahel1116:
All dis stuff?so dat means if ur bright ur primary school result can tk u directly to gymnasium?won't dat b too much for a ten yr old?sha all dis whites dat some of dem becomes professors at 20 de should b among that category of individuals.

Lol yh some say it's way too early that's why the Gesamtschule is a better option. Every year decides your "future" which means if you were qualified for a Gymnasium in class 4 but went to a Gesamtschule you will be in the "highest class=E2=gymnasium". But if after that class, which will be class 5, your grade falls, you jump to the middle class--> E1= Realschule. If you get better again you can go back to E2 but if you get worse you'll be in the Grundkurs which is Hauptschule. And the cycle goes on till class 9-10

Some still think the earlier option is better though because you don't have a risk of jumping down but then some kids are late bloomers and won't have the chance to "go up"

It's very difficult to finish uni at 20 here(that's when most begin uni, at 18-20 grin) so becoming a professor at 20 is almost impossible, except you skip like 3/4 classes

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 12:47am On May 26, 2017
Jigba you also can't sleep? grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rapahel1116: 12:54am On May 26, 2017
Dats wat I was just tinking now....with all dis classes nd stuff wen will one go for college in Germany.... It must b really difficult ....I was here tinking dat dey use the US kinda system ...my cousin finished high school b4 me cos she schooled in US ....so I tink after d middle class stuff ,the high school is 4years freshmen, sophomore ,junior ,senior.
lovelygurl:

Lol yh some say it's way too early that's why the Gesamtschule is a better option. Every year decides your "future" which means if you were qualified for a Gymnasium in class 4 but went to a Gesamtschule you will be in the "highest class=E2=gymnasium". But if after that class, which will be class 5, your grade falls, you jump to the middle class--> E1= Realschule. If you get better again you can go back to E2 but if you get worse you'll be in the Grundkurs which is Hauptschule. And the cycle goes on till class 9-10

Some still think the earlier option is better though because you don't have a risk of jumping down but then some kids are late bloomers and won't have the chance to "go up"

It's very difficult to finish uni at 20 here(that's when most begin uni, at 18-20 grin) so becoming a professor at 20 is almost impossible, except you skip like 3/4 classes
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 12:58am On May 26, 2017
Rapahel1116:
Dats wat I was just tinking now....with all dis classes nd stuff wen will one go for college in Germany.... It must b really difficult ....I was here tinking dat dey use the US kinda system ...my cousin finished high school b4 me cos she schooled in US ....so I tink after d middle class stuff ,the high school is 4years freshmen, sophomore ,junior ,senior.

Lol it's different and longer but worth it. Believe me the certificate = power.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rapahel1116: 1:06am On May 26, 2017
Yea ..made in Germany is always good...lol...did u do all.dat in Germany... I mean highschool. Nd d other stuff ...sorry for the question.
lovelygurl:

Lol it's different and longer but worth it. Believe me the certificate = power.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 1:10am On May 26, 2017
Rapahel1116:
Yea ..made in Germany is always good...lol...did u do all.dat in Germany... I mean highschool. Nd d other stuff ...sorry for the question.

Doing my Abitur and will start writing my Abiturprüfungen in a year to come. Wish me luck grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rapahel1116: 1:18am On May 26, 2017
Good luck dear....its not easy ...study hard ...dis german guys wants to kill somebody.
lovelygurl:

Doing my Abitur and will start writing my Abiturprüfungen in a year to come. Wish me luck grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Zodka: 5:16am On May 26, 2017
chidi4eze:
okay I applied for same course..I wish u d best in the interview

Okay cool.

When did you apply?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chidi4eze(m): 6:42am On May 26, 2017
Zodka:

Okay cool.

When did you apply?
sometime in march but they rejected my transcript. I sorted it out last two weeks..it's now formal entry requirements met
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vampire2020: 7:38am On May 26, 2017
Rapahel1116:
are you now in Germany
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Zodka: 7:55am On May 26, 2017
chidi4eze:
sometime in march but they rejected my transcript. I sorted it out last two weeks..it's now formal entry requirements met

Okay

Hopefully by next week, you will be contacted
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chidi4eze(m): 8:29am On May 26, 2017
Zodka:

Okay

Hopefully by next week, you will be contacted
yeah
I wish u d best

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.