Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:48 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (903827 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uchezdedon(m): 7:56pm On May 30, 2016
marie96:

Thank you. I have applied to and got the admission letters from both schools. They both offer basically the same package. The cost of living in Bamberg is just a tad cheaper. But then again, the town is smaller. Sent an e-mail to the school registrar too, waiting for his reply. Would be nice if anyone had some information about the standards of living of both towns, though...

From my own view I don't see Paderborn as expensive city, rather I see it as a loving and beautiful city. Secondly with Paderborn (NRW) semester ticket you can travel to many cities, this will help you a lot in terms of Job. You might not understand this now till you come and see for yourself. Last but not the least, I ve not visited Bamberg or the school in question, but I can tell you that the university of Paderborn is wonderful. Though you have to make your choice...

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 8:50pm On May 30, 2016
teeghost:

Pls, I need Clarification
You can pay after deadline, but it wont be for this particular application. All application docs and payment must get to them before deadline. And you may not know this: Uniassist has an internal deadline that is typically 14 days to the school's.

Have you checked your status on your portal? Did you contact uni-assist to enquire about the receipt/not of your package?

In reality, if 31st is the deadline, I think you should look elsewhere, because it takes about 3days to confirm a transfer to uniassist...

The odds are not favourable.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 8:59pm On May 30, 2016
ogagaejay:

A friend of mine is there, but I don't think he has much time, you can ask your questions here.
Mr Ogaga, how you de bro...I heard from you not!

Uniassist has forwarded my Application to JLU...2weeks to deadline...I await their decision.

Darf ich Ihnen PM?

Danke!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Priwillo: 9:04pm On May 30, 2016
Armaniii:
Search no further. Those are the only schools and if u r looking for tuition free institutions, the Rhine waal is your best bet.. Reason is because tomorrow is the submission deadline for HAW Hamburg. If you check the school modules, its same as what you would see for computer engineering courses. If you must act, then act now as time isn't on your side any more. create an online application on uni assist's website. Luckily for you, you don't have to send them by courier to them as they only need to see the scanned copies. All the best sir.

wow nice info i also want intend appliying for computer science to the aforementioned school,so are you saying i can replace computer science course with information engineering,since the guy said this are the only university dat offfr computer science or it relative
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teeghost: 9:32pm On May 30, 2016
UncleJudax:

You can pay after deadline, but it wont be for this particular application. All application docs and payment must get to them before deadline. And you may not know this: Uniassist has an internal deadline that is typically 14 days to the school's.

Have you checked your status on your portal? Did you contact uni-assist to enquire about the receipt/not of your package?

In reality, if 31st is the deadline, I think you should look elsewhere, because it takes about 3days to confirm a transfer to uniassist...

The odds are not favourable.

@uncleJudaz, thanks so much for the explanation, really appreciate your time but do you mean, even if I make the payment, it will not be for this Winter Semester Anymore simply because I didn't meet up with the date 31st of May being the deadling?....Looking elsewhere,- are u saying I should also forget abt Winter 2016 n look forward to another intake since av not make the payment and no receipt of my documents Yet?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 9:47pm On May 30, 2016
teeghost:

@uncleJudaz, thanks so much for the explanation, really appreciate your time but do you mean, even if I make the payment, it will not be for this Winter Semester Anymore simply because I didn't meet up with the date 31st of May being the deadling?....Looking elsewhere,- are u saying I should also forget abt Winter 2016 n look forward to another intake since av not make the payment and no receipt of my documents Yet?
There is no need to make a payment for an application that has elapsed. But if you must do, it would be used for another application via uni-assist.

However, if you have no other application that goes through uniassist...then just hold on to your cash.

Look elsewhere?...I didnt mean next application phase but another program for this winter.

Viele Grüße!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Armaniii: 9:59pm On May 30, 2016
computer engineering and not science.
Priwillo:
wow nice info i also want intend appliying for computer science to the aforementioned school,so are you saying i can replace computer science course with information engineering,since the guy said this are the only university dat offfr computer science or it relative
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teeghost: 10:12pm On May 30, 2016
UncleJudax:

There is no need to make a payment for an application that has elapsed. But if you must do, it would be used for another application via uni-assist.

However, if you have no other application that goes through uniassist...then just hold on to your cash.

Look elsewhere?...I didnt mean next application phase but another program for this winter.

Viele Grüße!

you Mean is not all schools n Winter Programs that has May 31st as their deadlines if am not mistaken, that means I can still apply to some schools and winter programs that their deadline is stil far, for example deadlines to apply to some school and winter program which is stil June/july...so I can try such schools for Winter 2016 ryt?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kentenniel8(m): 10:13pm On May 30, 2016
Hi guys, any1 for uni Paderborn for winter? Pls send pm...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Priwillo: 10:15pm On May 30, 2016
Armaniii:
computer engineering and not science.
thanks so that mean apart from mentioned school,only one school is offering pure bsc computer science in english which is also free is ulm,chai guys make una me o ,it only bsc computer science in german i can see
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 10:48pm On May 30, 2016
teeghost:
you Mean is not all schools n Winter Programs that has May 31st as their deadlines if am not mistaken, that means I can still apply to some schools and winter programs that their deadline is stil far, for example deadlines to apply to some school and winter program which is stil June/july...so I can try such schools for Winter 2016 ryt?
Many close May 31st, some have closed before now, more will open from June 1...

MSc oder BSc?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 11:01pm On May 30, 2016
My problem is so pathetic.
I started this jouney sinz 2014,unfortunate I was duped then cos I didn't knw abt this thread though,came here and read through part one and I learnt abt STUDIENKOLLEG,then I encouraged myself and learnt German to B1 level.
I got an invitation to wrt an entry test into studienkolleg konstanZ dis summer,I did my interview and applied for Form A,unfortunately,the time was too short and I withdrew my visa application.
I replied agn for winter and I've gotten invitation from abt 4 schools and STil expecting from 2 more.
I reAplied agn for visa with an invitation letter from STUDIENKOLeG KIEL, my interview was on 22.04.2016.
I initiated form A sinz last two weeks with sterling bnk Bt the pain full truth is that my accnt hasn't been debited till today.
now the problem is,ny aufnametest is on 6.06.2016 and truth be told,I dnt c any possibility of meeting up with this deadline,unless Gid intervenes
my dad is tired of this stuff and he told me that its my last chance of tring Germany.
now my question is,I hv abt 3 more letters from other studienkolleg
with different dates for entrance test
stk damstadt 26.06.2016
stk konstanz 05.07.2016
stk bochum 02.08 2016

wat should I do?I dnt wanna miss dis winter agn
should I wrt the embassy and send a new admission letter with a later aufnametest date to them?
will they understand the issue of forex in our country and knw that its NT my fault?
or will this by any means shoes desperation?
will it affect the issuance of my visa?
pls I need ur candid opinions and ansas frm experienced persons.
pls dnt 4get,I've already done interview 2times.
thanks for ur help in advance
st

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teeghost: 2:18am On May 31, 2016
UncleJudax:
Many close May 31st, some have closed before now, more will open from June 1...
MSc oder BSc?
MSC, pls if u don't mind, drop ya contact, email or whatsapp...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uchezdedon(m): 6:44am On May 31, 2016
lamingo:

your story is pathetic.
PM me, I may have some very useful information.

What's wrong in giving him the information here, so that others can as well learn.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by marie96: 7:37am On May 31, 2016
uchezdedon:

From my own view I don't see Paderborn as expensive city, rather I see it as a loving and beautiful city. Secondly with Paderborn (NRW) semester ticket you can travel to many cities, this will help you a lot in terms of Job. You might not understand this now till you come and see for yourself. Last but not the least, I ve not visited Bamberg or the school in question, but I can tell you that the university of Paderborn is wonderful. Though you have to make your choice...
This is helpful. Thank you. If I do come, at least I'll know someone there. smiley
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Armaniii: 7:51am On May 31, 2016
I have answered that already.......You dont want me to repeat myself; do you?

Priwillo:
thanks so that mean apart from mentioned school,only one school is offering pure bsc computer science in english which is also free is ulm,chai guys make una me o ,it only bsc computer science in german i can see
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liftedkris: 8:05am On May 31, 2016
dprinz99:
My problem is so pathetic.
I started this jouney sinz 2014,unfortunate I was duped then cos I didn't knw abt this thread though,came here and read through part one and I learnt abt STUDIENKOLLEG,then I encouraged myself and learnt German to B1 level.
I got an invitation to wrt an entry test into studienkolleg konstanZ dis summer,I did my interview and applied for Form A,unfortunately,the time was too short and I withdrew my visa application.
I replied agn for winter and I've gotten invitation from abt 4 schools and STil expecting from 2 more.
I reAplied agn for visa with an invitation letter from STUDIENKOLeG KIEL, my interview was on 22.04.2016.
I initiated form A sinz last two weeks with sterling bnk Bt the pain full truth is that my accnt hasn't been debited till today.
now the problem is,ny aufnametest is on 6.06.2016 and truth be told,I dnt c any possibility of meeting up with this deadline,unless Gid intervenes
my dad is tired of this stuff and he told me that its my last chance of tring Germany.
now my question is,I hv abt 3 more letters from other studienkolleg
with different dates for entrance test
stk damstadt 26.06.2016
stk konstanz 05.07.2016
stk bochum 02.08 2016

wat should I do?I dnt wanna miss dis winter agn
should I wrt the embassy and send a new admission letter with a later aufnametest date to them?
will they understand the issue of forex in our country and knw that its NT my fault?
or will this by any means shoes desperation?
will it affect the issuance of my visa?
pls I need ur candid opinions and ansas frm experienced persons.
pls dnt 4get,I've already done interview 2times.
thanks for ur help in advance
st
just send the embassy ur new admission letter ok. Explain ur problem to them. I had a similar case
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jaybmich: 8:16am On May 31, 2016
teeghost:
Try Geßßen Justus..their Deadline is June 15.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 8:46am On May 31, 2016
Priwillo:

Is a must to go for direct computer science? Courses like Information and communication Engineering, Digital media are good courses too with nearly the same course curriculum with computer science. They are all classified under ICT; why the fuss on only computer science when it is obvious that you have only one school offering it? Why not pick it and add digital media and information engineering to it? Even courses like logistics has computer science module inside and some other engineering courses. Dolpaz, a beg come and break this thing down since nah your area with many years experience.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by munky(m): 8:48am On May 31, 2016
Please house,

When one books an appointment for the opening of blocked account at the German embassy via the new online portal. Are they supposed to send confirmation to your email?? Cos I did last night and till now no confirmation
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hollaytan: 8:48am On May 31, 2016
dolpaz:

No shaking ....i dey gidigba

Hmmmm.. Holaytan and other 2015 entrants. We'll be hosting you guys shortly about studies, survival nd all
Just like the normal norms on this thread. Please watch out
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hollaytan: 8:49am On May 31, 2016
[quote author=Armaniii post=46110950]Abeg when you are chanced and free, all i need in interview questions and possible answers. Going for BSc. Thank you

No wahala.....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teeghost: 9:00am On May 31, 2016
jaybmich:

Try Geßßen Justus..their Deadline is June 15.

Thanks bruh, but I don't get the School, Gebben Justus?...even my best friend *Google* cudnt search for it, Besides, am a Social Science(management) student..Danke
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 9:06am On May 31, 2016
teeghost:

Thanks bruh, but I don't get the School, Gebben Justus?...even my best friend *Google* cudnt search for it, Besides, am a Social Science(management) student..Danke

Bsc or Msc?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 9:28am On May 31, 2016
munky:
Please house,

When one books an appointment for the opening of blocked account at the German embassy via the new online portal. Are they supposed to send confirmation to your email?? Cos I did last night and till now no confirmation
Hope it took you to a page that confirmed your appointment and also saying you should check your email? If yes, check your spam or make another one cos I saw mine immediately in the inbox.

I observed their server is down but better around 10-11pm
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by munky(m): 9:33am On May 31, 2016
chrisley024:
Hope it took you to a page that confirmed your appointment and also saying you should check your email? If yes, check your spam or make another one cos I saw mine immediately in the inbox.

I observed their server is down but better around 10-11pm

Now they said to book for 6/6/2016. One can start on 03/06/3016. Which is tomorrow
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by teeghost: 9:40am On May 31, 2016
honourableseyi:

Bsc or Msc?

Msc, but I stil don't mind Bsc too, so Both..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 9:44am On May 31, 2016
munky:

Now they said to book for 6/6/2016. One can start on 03/06/3016. Which is tomorrow
I didn't get you

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.