Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Another Way To Prepare Your Plantain, Serve With Mackerel Sauce - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Another Way To Prepare Your Plantain, Serve With Mackerel Sauce (1915 Views)

Man Kills Monkeys In Port-Harcourt, Uses Them To Prepare Pepper Soup. Photos / Masa Serve With Groundnut Soup / Another Way To Prepare Irish Potato (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Way To Prepare Your Plantain, Serve With Mackerel Sauce by scarletpearl(f): 5:37pm On Apr 16, 2016
Words can not explain how this taste until you taste it.
Have shared this meal with family and friends and their testimonies have been making me want to learn more.

Ingredients
- ripe Plantain
- tomatoes
- tatashe
- pepper
- onion
- ginger(optional)
- garlic (optional)
- smoked mackerel(Titus)
- grinded crayfish
- efirin(scent leave)
- vegetable oil
- seasoning

Method of cooking
- wash and cut plantain without peeling and cook for 15-20min
- peel and put on plastic chopping board and cover with a clean film,then use a rolling pin to roll over it,hereby mashing it and making it flat.
- place a pastry cutter shape on it and cut out then set aside.
- place them in an oven pan then bake or place in a non-stick frying pan on the fire on low heat and put the cut out plantain in the pan then turn to make the other side brown

Sauce
- debone and deskin smoked mackerel and set aside.
- mince ginger and garlic or use a grater,grate ginger and garlic then set aside
- Cut the tomatoes, and tatashe in stripes if you can
- cut pepper and onion set aside
- cut efirin and set aside
- place pot or frying pan on the fire, add little oil and heat,
- add the grated ginger and garlic into oil
- add onion, allow for 1min
- add tatashe,pepper and tomatoes add crayfish and stir while frying, leave for about 5-7 minutes add mackerel , add salt and stock cubes(maggi)
- allow to fry for 5-7 minutes more then its ready add efirin and its ready.
- serve sauce in between the plantain much enjoyable or by the side.

NB
in preparing this I first make all preparation for the sauce, cutting what needs to be cut,make sure everything needed is ready
- then I put the plantain on the fire
- then I make sauce and l leave the sauce on lowest heat on the gas cooker to keep it hot while I go back to make the plantain. Makes it all hot while serving.
- the ginger and garlic should be very little the mackerel and crayfish in the sauce covers the smell it would be nice to add it,optional though.
- if u don't have a plastic chopping board a tray can be used
- if u don't have a clean film you can leave it out and roll directly on the plantain,
- if you don't have a pastry cutter shapes you can use a knives to cut it circle or any shape u desire or no shape at all and use your hand to mould thoroughly
- little oi should be used for the sauce, the sauce should be dry.

4 Likes

Re: Another Way To Prepare Your Plantain, Serve With Mackerel Sauce by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 16, 2016
hmmmmm,gonna try dis
Re: Another Way To Prepare Your Plantain, Serve With Mackerel Sauce by okirewaju(f): 7:43pm On Apr 16, 2016
Nice
Re: Another Way To Prepare Your Plantain, Serve With Mackerel Sauce by aydelicious: 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
This is lovely ooh.
Re: Another Way To Prepare Your Plantain, Serve With Mackerel Sauce by Triczchic(f): 7:54am On Apr 18, 2016
Looks good..
Re: Another Way To Prepare Your Plantain, Serve With Mackerel Sauce by swantapebah: 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2016
tried it this morning and everyone loved it. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us. my brother inlaw is bribing me to di it again tomorrow
Re: Another Way To Prepare Your Plantain, Serve With Mackerel Sauce by scarletpearl(f): 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2016
swantapebah:
tried it this morning and everyone loved it. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us. my brother inlaw is bribing me to di it again tomorrow
thanks so much too.
Re: Another Way To Prepare Your Plantain, Serve With Mackerel Sauce by prettyJoy22(f): 8:06am On Apr 19, 2016
Lovely

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday QUEEN ELIZABETH Iya Charlie II / How To Make Fresh Orange Juice - Naija Style / Silver Crest Blender 3000w

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.