Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,667 members, 7,801,925 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Are Ukwuani People Of Delta State Igbos? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Ukwuani People Of Delta State Igbos? (1905 Views)

Ukwuani People, This Is For You / Ukwuani Language. / Please Teach Me Ukwuani Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Ukwuani People Of Delta State Igbos? by CamilleGolgi: 3:25am On Apr 17, 2016
I was browsing through Wikipedia pages on Nigeria ethnic groups, and notes about the Ukwuani people got my attention. I am an Igbo person from Anambra state and I always consider other Igbo speakers on the south south region as Igbo people too.

In the past (based on my research and traditional Igbo tales), Igbos were known for strong warriors and traveling traders, and most of them traveled far across the Niger river to trade/business. Many of this ancient Igbo warriors and traders settled on whatever land they could govern on their own(Igbos don't have kings, so they always tried to stay away from the Ezes).

Based on my personal research, I believe Igbo speakers like the Ukwanis, Ika-igbo, Ndokwas, and so on, are decedants of these ancient Igbo warriors and traders.
My question is, are Ukwuanis Igbos?

Ukwuani people please speak up. No insults please.
Re: Are Ukwuani People Of Delta State Igbos? by giles14(m): 6:41am On Apr 17, 2016
CamilleGolgi:
I was browsing through Wikipedia pages on Nigeria ethnic groups, and notes about the Ukwuani people got my attention. I am an Igbo person from Anambra state and I always consider other Igbo speakers on the south south region as Igbo people too.

In the past (based on my research and traditional Igbo tales), Igbos were known for strong warriors and traveling traders, and most of them traveled far across the Niger river to trade/business. Many of this ancient Igbo warriors and traders settled on whatever land they could govern on their own(Igbos don't have kings, so they always tried to stay away from the Ezes).

Based on my personal research, I believe Igbo speakers like the Ukwanis, Ika-igbo, Ndokwas, and so on, are decedants of these ancient Igbo warriors and traders.
My question is, are Ukwuanis Igbos?

Ukwuani people please speak up. No insults please.
who told u igbo don't have kings.my town nnewi had obi as far back as d 14~17 century.
Re: Are Ukwuani People Of Delta State Igbos? by olaitoro(m): 6:09pm On Apr 18, 2016
Since they speak igbo and bear igbo name, then they are Igbos.

Unless there is a time when Igbos colonized them and forced them to abandon their native langauge, except that they are Igbos.

But op what has Igboness of ukwuani or orlu got to do with improving the economic situation of this country.

Olisa gozie ala ukwuani
Olisa gozie ala Igbo
Olisa gozie ala Niajiria

(1) (Reply)

Ikeji Festival / Pictures From Agila Carnival / The Igbo Denial - My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.