Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba (79381 Views)

Kunle Afolayan Reconciles Veteran Yoruba Actors (Photos) / 10 Popular Yoruba Actors And Their Wives (Photos) / Yoruba Actors And Their Lovely Wives (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by Yarnvibes(f): 3:46am On Apr 17, 2016
Many had thought that all Yoruba actors are born Yoruba but that is not the case as a couple of thespians in this make believe world are from other tribes aside Yoruba yet they have been able to prove the mettle among Yoruba born actors.

1) Fathia Balogun

Fathia is an Urhobo lady from Delta state. She started acting Yoruba movies upon her relocating from Dublin where she was based to Lagos. She later married popular Yoruba actor Saidi Balogun.

2) Liz Da Silva

Liz Dasilva is a Togolese who grew up on Lagos Island thus her deep knowledge of Yoruba language. She is a close friend of Iyabo Ojo

3) Kelvin Ikeduba

He is a Delta Igbo guy bred in Ebute Meta area of Lagos. He started acting as an English actor but later dumped acting in Nigerian English movies for Yoruba. Kelvin speaks English, Yoruba and Igbo convieniently.

4) Rykardo Agbor

Like Kelvin Ikeduba, Rykardor is an Igbo guy from Delta state who started from Nigerian English movies but is more at home in the Yoruba movie genre.

5) Mercy Aigbe

Mercy Aigbe emerged best dressed at the recently held African magic viewer’s choice awards. The banker turned Yoruba actress is from Benin, Edo state.

6) Doris Simeon

Doris Simeon is from Delta state. The mother of one started her acting career in the Yoruba genre of Nigerian movie. Doriss grew up in Lagos.

7) Toyin Aimakhu

This controversial actress acts mostly in Yoruba movies. Toyin Aimakhu is from Auchi in Edo state but grew up in Ibadan, Oyo state before relocating to Lagos after she graduated from Olabisi Onabanjo University.

cool Lilian Bach

This beautiful actress is a half cast. She has a Nigerian mother and a Polish father. Lilan grew up in Port Harcourt and Lagos. Her mother is from Lagos thus her grab of Yoruba language. Initially when she started acting Yoruba movies her Yoruba was not fluent but with time she improved.

9) Clarion Chukwurah

Clarion hails from Anambra state but has good knowledge of Yoruba language. She acts both in English and Yoruba.
Clarion has a son for Afro juju singer Shina Peters. She later married two other Yoruba men, Tunde Abiola who is late MKO Abiola’s brother and Femi Adeneye popularly known as Femi Egyptian.

10) Rachael Oniga

This veteran Nollywood actress hails from Eku in Delta state. Though Delta Igbo, Oniga features in mainly Yoruba movies and less of English. Oniga was married to a Yoruba man from Epe, Lagos state.

11) Rose Odika

This Ibadan based Yoruba actress hails from Aniocha North local government of Delta state. But she grew up in Ibadan.

12) Regina Chukwu

She hails from Enugu state but acts in Yoruba movies. Regina is a close ally of Iyabo Ojo.

13) Hannah Marsh- Solade

Hannah Marsh before her marriage to veteran actor Yemi Solade was a Yoruba actress aside acting in Super story. Hannah is half Calabar half Irish.

14) MC Kirikiri

MC Kirikiri is an actor, a MC and a TV presenter. He is an Hausa man from Sokoto state who grew up in Agege area of Lagos.MC Kirikiri first major acting role was in Yoruba movies before he crossed over to television sitcoms.

http://yarnvibes.com/top-14-yoruba-actors-you-never-knew-are-not-yoruba/

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by nikkypearl(f): 4:47am On Apr 17, 2016
Bet I know all of them are not Yoruba..tell me what I don't know..like where all nairalanders are from..grin wink

Happy Sabbath to op and all viewers
Wait o.. See as Kelvin (3rd pics) dey look....shocked does the look has anything to do with picture above him grin

Who dey like my post eh? More..more.. tongue

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by mckenzieRx: 5:12am On Apr 17, 2016
The lady above me is harsh o.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by Akshow: 5:39am On Apr 17, 2016
nikkypearl:
Bet I know all of them are not Yoruba..tell me what I don't know..like where all nairalanders are from..grin wink

Happy Sabbath to op and all viewers
If you know, some people don't know.
@topic, Kudos to d yoruba genre for their embrace of diversity.

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by Nobody: 5:41am On Apr 17, 2016
No wonder that toyin aimakhu has edo spirit in the hole between her thighs. Even her face looks like vagina

That rose odika is one lovely woman I've always admired; beautiiful bbw and plays respectful roles

Mc kirikiri face alone sef na comedy talkless of the name and d acting smiley

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by veekid(m): 6:43am On Apr 17, 2016
we all knee they ain't Yoruba already, tell us something else you think we don't know about em

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by onyi4edu(f): 6:55am On Apr 17, 2016
I never knew Fathia Balogun is from Delta state. Most of them are either from Delta or Edo.
Interesting!!!

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 17, 2016
Obviously Deltans find it easy to blend with the Yoruba culture and language.

I have always suspected Ishilove would be one largely known Yoruba actress, this thread further adds credence to my suspicion! angry

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by yellowbeauty(f): 9:26am On Apr 17, 2016
I thought mercy is from delta?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by adebisiema(m): 9:42am On Apr 17, 2016
you now see why we in southwest are called the most tolerant and the most hospitable ethnic group in the world over...

#i rep Oodua nation!

205 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by Ishilove: 9:56am On Apr 17, 2016
LastMumu:
Obviously Deltans find it easy to blend with the Yoruba culture and language.

I have always suspected Ishilove would be one largely known Yoruba actress, this thread further adds credence to my suspicion! angry

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 17, 2016
Ishilove:

You wan dey form like say you no know me again ba? No worry, shebi you dey come mainland, I go show you pepper! angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by goldbim(f): 10:27am On Apr 17, 2016
Doris simeon??is she not from Edo state?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.issorai.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by kolaitan(m): 11:13am On Apr 17, 2016
NOW we know. What next? Fuel? Light? Water? Dollar?.... undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by study4free(m): 11:51am On Apr 17, 2016
Is okay
Lalasticlala have u seen ur brothers and sisters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by Afrok(m): 12:21pm On Apr 17, 2016
No big deal... if I speak and write in Yoruba language, u'll argue with me like others are still confused till now that i'm from South West.
Yoruba language is cool mehn...

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by ademasta(m): 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2016
Hmmm... Me self wan join Ghanaian film industry. BTW, Aare2050 I see u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by Aare2050(m): 1:15pm On Apr 17, 2016
ademasta:
Hmmm... Me self wan join Ghanaian film industry. BTW, Aare2050 I see u

lol.
eagle eye engineer.

I see you too bro

happy Sunday

I will join these people later.

right now, serving the father land is d koko.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by ademasta(m): 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2016
Aare2050:

lol. eagle eye engineer.

I see you too bro
happy Sunday

I will join these people later.
right now, serving the father land is d koko.
Eagle Eye Engineer grin ... the service go soon over jare. How Allsmyles nah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by MARKone(m): 1:53pm On Apr 17, 2016
Though I don't watch Yoruba Movies, but I just love this fathia woman, have mad crush on her.

9) Clarion Chukwurah

Clarion hails from Anambra state but has good knowledge of Yoruba language. She acts both in English and Yoruba.
Clarion has a son for Afro juju singer Shina Peters. She later married two other Yoruba men, Tunde Abiola who is late MKO Abiola’s brother and Femi Adeneye popularly known as Femi Egyptian.

Eme ya Clarion with umu Nwoke ndi Yoruba. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by seyema(m): 1:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
I knw that before.... Tell me something else

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by badblackman(m): 1:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
Werin consign me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 17, 2016
See as number 2 pose shocked...from behind things shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by McBrooklyn(m): 1:56pm On Apr 17, 2016
I knew some of 'em ain't Yoruba actors/actresses in the 1st Instance buh no dey are into Yoruba movie so WTF?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by Sunofgod(m): 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2016
Also Rotimi Amaechi....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2016
who this list km epp

don't even know any of them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by realmindz: 1:58pm On Apr 17, 2016
and they are the fine fine ones

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 14 Yoruba Actors You Never Knew Are Not Yoruba by Pavore9: 1:58pm On Apr 17, 2016
The more the language, the more the opportunities.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suya Seller Takes Picture With Rudeboy And Calls Himself A Fan / Charles Inojie, Wife & Children Rock 'Na Dem Dey Rush Us’ T-shirts, Caps (Photo) / Mr Ibu And Family(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.