Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,536 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1202525 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by unibadan(m): 5:46pm On Nov 29, 2016
justsaypie:

What was your previous education in, before starting in UI?

OND Statistics, Federal Polytechnic Ede.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alumith: 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
justsaypie:

The first question you need to ask is 'positive assessment in what Field'?

Identify what field/profession you fit in first before anything, I'm sure, by the time you do that you'll know what step to take next.
Try and read this thread from page '0', then you can come back and ask your questions.

I intend to continue my career in Quality Health Safety and environment. Am thinking of applying for the skilled miggrant scheme. Which from inquiry will have be do an assessment of my career prospect (education, professional, esp etc.) through VATASSESS in line with the requirements for the skilled jobs.
Now my question is, do i stand a chance of getting positive assessment from the assessment?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by justsaypie: 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
Alumith:

I intend to continue my career in Quality Health Safety and environment. Am thinking of applying for the skilled miggrant scheme. Which from inquiry will have be do an assessment of my career prospect (education, professional, esp etc.) through VATASSESS in line with the requirements for the skilled jobs.
Now my question is, do i stand a chance of getting positive assessment from the assessment?

You need to find out first if you meet the requirements for the skilled migration program, that is the first step, which is why I directed you to read page '0' of this thread. When you've done that and calculated your points, you can come back and ask your questions. Just read it first.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by justsaypie: 6:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
unibadan:

OND Statistics, Federal Polytechnic Ede.

Thanks

Ok good.
Have you checked to see if you meet the points requirement for the skilled migration program for Oz?
I'm assuming you want to go the visa subclass 189 route.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by unibadan(m): 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2016
justsaypie:

Ok good.
Have you checked to see if you meet the points requirement for the skilled migration program for Oz?
I'm assuming you want to go the visa subclass 189 route.

Yes i do. I am only a bit worried if Vetassess would give me a negative assessment based on my BSc degree.

Do u think i should add my OND Statistics to it for assessment?

Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by justsaypie: 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
unibadan:

Yes i do. I am only a bit worried if Vetassess would give me a negative assessment based on my BSc degree.

Do u think i should add my OND Statistics to it for assessment?

Thank you.

Yes definitely you must add it, as it shows them your complete educational history.
I do not think you'll be given a negative assessment since there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting a diploma first before proceeding to university. The most important thing is to meet all the requirements they have set.
You have no problems, just make sure your transcripts are complete and do whatever is required.
Also since it is your desire to be assessed as a Statistician, and you're assessed primarily on your first degree for the purpose of Skilled Migration, it will be to your advantage to submit your OND transcripts. You should ONLY add your advanced degree if it will aid your assessment as a Statistician, or if it meets any of their 'Statistician' requirements, if not you don't need it.
I wish you luck!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yody: 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2016
Hello everyone,
I am new here and i need help from everyone in the house. I am a graduate of microbiology with no work experience though i finished nysc 2014 and husband is a medical doctor, works with state government (2 years now) we have two kids. Husbabd has been working with an NGO that gives free medical service to people, he has been working with them since he was in the university and still works with them. The problem is that they dont pay their doctors in the NGO because it is a voluntary thing and he has been the head of the doctors there.
Now we want to move to australia via visa 189, but the problem is someone said we wld need tax clearance paper, though he wants to apply as a primary health care manager, he doesnt have pay slip or any payment form from the ngo(his name is on the top list of their doctors, has 3 awards from them, 2 from nigeria nd 1 from USA), can he use his current state tax clearance slip(works as a medical doctor in general hospital)
And please if anyone can guide me tru on all our chances and all the steps to take. Thanks so much for taking out time to read
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
yody:
Hello everyone,
I am new here and i need help from everyone in the house. I am a graduate of microbiology with no work experience though i finished nysc 2014 and husband is a medical doctor, works with state government (2 years now) we have two kids. Husbabd has been working with an NGO that gives free medical service to people, he has been working with them since he was in the university and still works with them. The problem is that they dont pay their doctors in the NGO because it is a voluntary thing and he has been the head of the doctors there.
Now we want to move to australia via visa 189, but the problem is someone said we wld need tax clearance paper, though he wants to apply as a primary health care manager, he doesnt have pay slip or any payment form from the ngo(his name is on the top list of their doctors, has 3 awards from them, 2 from nigeria nd 1 from USA), can he use his current state tax clearance slip(works as a medical doctor in general hospital)
And please if anyone can guide me tru on all our chances and all the steps to take. Thanks so much for taking out time to read
The two of you should carry head enter this thread and listen to people, (two good heads thingy).
Please people in this house respond to this Lady, voluntary work things...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by unibadan(m): 10:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
justsaypie:

Yes definitely you must add it, as it shows them your complete educational history.
I do not think you'll be given a negative assessment since there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting a diploma first before proceeding to university. The most important thing is to meet all the requirements they have set.
You have no problems, just make sure your transcripts are complete and do whatever is required.
Also since it is your desire to be assessed as a Statistician, and you're assessed primarily on your first degree for the purpose of Skilled Migration, it will be to your advantage to submit your OND transcripts. You should ONLY add your advanced degree if it will aid your assessment as a Statistician, or if it meets any of their 'Statistician' requirements, if not you don't need it.
I wish you luck!

Thank you. I appreciate.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by justsaypie: 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
unibadan:

Thank you. I appreciate.

You're welcome.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by unibadan(m): 10:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
justsaypie:

You're welcome.

Pls is it possible to have a sample employment reference as a guide. Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 12:36am On Nov 30, 2016
unibadan:

Pls is it possible to have a sample employment reference as a guide. Thank you.

Courtesy of Chief Bellong. Make una take time read this thread na...almost everything u need is already here

https://www.nairaland.com/download/4401393

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 30, 2016
[quote author=ashianemmanuel post=51470190]

@bellong.... Please, If someone works in an enterprise where tax is paid anually to LIRS(Lagos Inland Revenue Services) with maybe the bosses name (name of the employee not included in the receipt/ record)can such a worker use that company's tax receipts for assessment
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 7:52am On Nov 30, 2016
[quote author=nkechima post=51498550][/quote]

It is not compulsory to show tax documents if you can provide payslip and bank statement. It is only advisable to present at least one third party document.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by unibadan(m): 8:17am On Nov 30, 2016
jamson:

Courtesy of Chief Bellong. Make una take time read this thread na...almost everything u need is already here

https://www.nairaland.com/download/4401393

Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:49am On Nov 30, 2016
@Yody,

I don't know how else you can show proof of paid employment if you can't provide payslip or bank statement.

In addition, I am not sure if he can lay claim to Primary health care manager as they are not related.

He may want to consider welfare centre manager instead but the Skilled migration assessment is for a paid experience not volunteer job.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yody: 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2016
Thanks bellong,
Current work with lagos state as a medical doctor, can i use my bank statement or payslip from my current place of work even though i have just spent two years and also use statement of account of all other place i have worked before and still apply as a welfare center manager?
bellong:
@Yody,

I don't know how else you can show proof of paid employment if you can't provide payslip or bank statement.

In addition, I am not sure if he can lay claim to Primary health care manager as they are not related.

He may want to consider welfare centre manager instead but the Skilled migration assessment is for a paid experience not volunteer job.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2016
yody:
Thanks bellong,
Current work with lagos state as a medical doctor, can i use my bank statement or payslip from my current place of work even though i have just spent two years and also use statement of account of all other place i have worked before and still apply as a welfare center manager?

I don't understand what you are saying but you can't use payslip of company A to apply for company B.

The evidence of payment must be from the experience you are claiming.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 30, 2016
@bellong

You are really a life saver..... Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 01, 2016
Dear All,

Please has anyone received visa 189 grant lately? By lately i mean within the last one month. I have monitored all forums for the last one month and havent seen anyone receiving the grant. I hope all is well...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 01, 2016
Bro, just read from the first page. it is quite self explanatory. when you done reading the ask specific questions to the team. you will definately get answers to your specific questions here

ashianemmanuel:

@belong....Please i need a guide, i read meachanical enginnering and i want to start the process...Can u be my guider all through, i will appreciate if i will get ur whatsapp contact, my email is ashianemmanuel@gmail.com. please help a broda
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by akinnawou(m): 8:36am On Dec 01, 2016
I want to apologize to the whole house, i v been away for far too long,this is my first time on the forum in like three months now..been so busy.Many things have happened within the same period, the most important of them all is that i have been finally[b] granted the 189 Visa[/b]..i really appreciate the inputs from everybody,,bellong,chukdee,sammywemmy,bosslady,manmeta,teejah,the list is endless,,if i dint mention ur name i v u in mind..i am most grateful..its been a long journey that started middle of last year and its now come to a successful end..unto the next one...God bless you all fam...

8 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 8:59am On Dec 01, 2016
akinnawou:
i have been finally granted the 189 Visa

KONFAAAAM!!! CONGRATS! I like waking up to see good news grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 9:13am On Dec 01, 2016
akinnawou:
.God bless you all fam...

Congratulations. Please can u list your timeline.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 10:29am On Dec 01, 2016
akinnawou:
I want to apologize to the whole house, i v been away for far too long,this is my first time on the forum in like three months now..been so busy.Many things have happened within the same period, the most important of them all is that i have been finally[b] granted the 189 Visa[/b]..i really appreciate the inputs from everybody,,bellong,chukdee,sammywemmy,bosslady,manmeta,teejah,the list is endless,,if i dint mention ur name i v u in mind..i am most grateful..its been a long journey that started middle of last year and its now come to a successful end..unto the next one...God bless you all fam...
Congrats! Congrats!! Congrats!!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 10:31am On Dec 01, 2016
akinnawou:
Finally, after such a wait from ITA ....Congratulations bro.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by scrollmeout(m): 10:47am On Dec 01, 2016
akinnawou:
Congrats

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by LaserFocus: 11:17am On Dec 01, 2016
bellong:

First, VETASSES is not responsible for assessing accountants. There are three bodies doing that, you can assess with any of them. Check the list for their contact.

Your syllabus and course content will determine whether you get positive or negative. If you have ICAN, it will strengthen your application.

Bellong, kindly help me with this question. My first degree is in Pharmacy and I have an MBA from a UK university. I have been working in Human Resources. How do I go about assessing my credentials since I am not practicing Pharmacy. Also, do they assess professional certifications like CIPM & HIS?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by LaserFocus: 11:46am On Dec 01, 2016
bellong:

Yes you can provided you have the minimum point/score needed

Thanks so much Bellong.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joyuzo(f): 12:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
akinnawou:
Wow...Congrats bro....Success All d Way.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 3:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
akinnawou:
i have been finally[b] granted the 189 Visa[/b]..

Congratulations to you, man!

We want more of this type of news here!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KayPapi: 3:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hi Bellong,

Please what's the advantage of using Engineer Australia to applying directly for Skilled Migration!

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.