Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:56 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1194913 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 10:54pm On Jan 09, 2017
@oluwaseun cannot reply your pm I don't know why any questions you can ask here
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 10, 2017
cuteannie02:

Hello Annie.
Sorry I took this long to reply. My hands have been full.

Thanks for the clarification. It's Much appreciated.

Please Annie, I still have questions, epp me answer as you can, e hear? wink

I did IT in About 5 places

Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria
Rubber Research Institue of Nigeria
Songhai Farms Delta a State
Nigeria Institute For Oil Palm Research
And Finally, My School.

Please do I need to get letters from these places to show I did IT there? How did you go about presenting your IT work experience?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 9:05am On Jan 10, 2017
Good morning all, we decided to accept the ET outcome instead of applying for an informal review and garner 20 points from PTE-A. We are currently on 50points without English test. So we would have a total of 70 points with 20 points from Pte.

Please do you guys think the required point to get ITA for ET based on the prorata thread will go above 70
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ajiifixing(m): 10:32am On Jan 10, 2017
jamson:

Ok. I work in a bank (IT Network and Comms). I assessed under EA and my assessment outcome was fantastic. 2 of my 3 career episode was based on work experience (inside the bank ooo).

EOI....check
ITA....check

Long story short, it doesn't matter where you work. It is what you are doing or have done (as reflected in your reference, resume and episodes, if you are an engineer).

Are you a banker?

Bro,
you are an engineer joor. with CDR you are ok.

I am a Banker but not an Engineer. I read Library Studies (Undergraduate) and have MBA. Worked all career life in the Bank (Marketing/Branch Management).
Couldn't seem to be able to find something to hook up to on ANZSCO currently.
Can you advise?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 10:34am On Jan 10, 2017
Rett0:
Good morning all, we decided to accept the ET outcome instead of applying for an informal review and garner 20 points from PTE-A. We are currently on 50points without English test. So we would have a total of 70 points with 20 points from Pte.

Please do you guys think the required point to get ITA for ET based on the prorata thread will go above 70
70 is okay for ET if the points can be gotten before the ceiling gets full.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 11:06am On Jan 10, 2017
ajiifixing:

Bro,
you are an engineer joor. with CDR you are ok.

I am a Banker but not an Engineer. I read Library Studies (Undergraduate) and have MBA. Worked all career life in the Bank (Marketing/Branch Management).
Couldn't seem to be able to find something to hook up to on ANZSCO currently.
Can you advise?

Tough one!! Must confess, my strength is in the Engineering field and my advice is limited (and subject to further verification) on other occupations.

However, having looked through SOL and CSOL, I saw the following

Sales and Marketing Manager 131112 AIM

Corporate Services Manager 132111 VETASSESS

Finance Manager 132211 CPA/ICAA/IPA

I think they (all on CSOL) are occupations you should look at and see if any is worth exploring. Just do a little research into the states sponsoring them. Then depending on your number of years on the job, some of the assessing bodies might overlook your first degree and focus on your years on the job. I even think your MBA might be an added advantage here (if it doesn't cut off too much from your years of experience)

I am sure the bosses can help with further advice.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 11:18am On Jan 10, 2017
mctowel01:

70 is okay for ET if the points can be gotten before the ceiling gets full.

OK. Do you have an idea of when it's ceiling will be reached?
Secondly, it is a flagged occupation. Isn't it likely that it will be removed from the Sol by July?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ajiifixing(m): 11:34am On Jan 10, 2017
jamson:

Tough one!! Must confess, my strength is in the Engineering field and my advice is limited (and subject to further verification) on other occupations.

I think they (all on CSOL) are occupations you should look at and see if any is worth exploring. Just do a little research into the states sponsoring them. Then depending on your number of years on the job, some of the assessing bodies might overlook your first degree and focus on your years on the job. I even think your MBA might be an added advantage here (if it doesn't cut off too much from your years of experience)

Thanks Boss,
really tough one. I have looked through all these and resolved to wait till July when the new year will start. I know they have Financial Branch Manager but its full.
Wifey also is Call center Manager and its full too.
Guess we have to wait ....

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 12:50pm On Jan 10, 2017
Rett0:

OK. Do you have an idea of when it's ceiling will be reached?
Secondly, it is a flagged occupation. Isn't it likely that it will be removed from the Sol by July?

No one knows when the ceiling will be full. I think it's almost 800/1000 at the moment. Why not do PTE ASAP. It's still January and you should be invited soon with 70 points. You don't wanna wait till after July and then it gets removed from SOL. The way these people are changing laws anyhow, nothing must be taken for granted and time is of essence.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Brigz: 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
bellong:
As explained earlier, the skilled migration program is a point based system and requires minimum of 60 points for you to be invited to apply. The points are calculated below...

1.[size=18pt] AGE[/size]: 18 - 24 years (25 points)
25 - 32 years (30 points)
33 - 39 years (25 points)
40 - 44 years (15 points)
45 - 49 years (0 points)

2. [size=18pt]ENGLISH LANGUAGE ABILITY:[/size] 2.1 Competent English (0 point :
To prove that you have competent English you must provide evidence of one of the following:
a. You hold a valid passport issued by the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand or the
Republic of Ireland and you are a citizen of that country.
b. You have achieved a score of at least 6 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing) in
IELTS
c. You have achieved a score of at least 'B' in each of the four test components of an Occupational English Test (OET).
d. You have achieved the following minimum test scores in each of the four test components: 12 for listening, 13 for
reading, 21 for writing and 18 for speaking, in a Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT).
e. You have achieved a test score of at least 50 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and
writing) in a Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
f. You have achieved a test score of at least 169 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and
writing) in a Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test that has been undertaken on or after 1 January 2015 and prior to
lodging the visa.

2.2 PROFICIENT ENGLISH (10 Points):
To prove that you have proficient English you must provide evidence of one of the following:
a. You have achieved a score of at least 7.0 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing)
in IELTS.
b. You have achieved a score of at least 'B' in each of the four test components of an Occupational English Test (OET).
c. You have achieved the following minimum test scores in each of the four test components: 24 for listening, 24 for
reading, 27 for writing and[b] 23[/b] for speaking, in a Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT).
d. You have achieved a test score of at least 65 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and
e. You have achieved a test score of at least 185 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and
writing) in a Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test that has been undertaken on or after 1 January 2015 and prior to
lodging the visa.

2.3 SUPERIOR ENGLISH (20 Points):
To prove that you have superior English you must provide evidence of one of the following:

a. You have achieved a score of at least 8.0 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and writing)
in IELTS.
b. You have achieved a score of at least 'A' in each of the four test components of an Occupational English Test (OET).
c. You have achieved the following minimum test scores in each of the four test components: 28 for listening, 29 for
reading, 30 for writing and[b] 26[/b] for speaking, in a Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT).
d. You have achieved a test score of at least 79 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and
e. You have achieved a test score of at least 200 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and
lodging the visa.

3. [size=18pt]SKILLED EMPLOYMENT:[/size]
To claim points for skilled employment you must have, in the 10 years before you were invited to apply, at least 20 hours
of paid work per week in your nominated skilled occupation and/or a closely related occupation.
Skilled employment is where:
the relevant assessing authority provides an opinion in your suitable skills assessment that your employment is
skilled (you must use the date that skilled employment commenced stated in your skills assessment)
your employment experience meets the standards for skilled employment set by the relevant assessing authority.
0 - 3 years experience.. (0 Point)
3 - 5 years experience.. (5 points) At least 3yrs but less than 5 years
5 - 8 years experience.. (10 points) At least 5 years but less than 8 years
8 - 10 years experience. (15 points). At least 8 years.

4. [size=18pt]QUALIFICATION[/size]

Doctorate from an Australian educational institution or other doctorate of a recognised standard. 20 points

At least a bachelor degree from an Australian educational institution or other degree of a recognised standard.. 15 points

Diploma or trade qualification completed in Australia 10 points

An award or qualification recognised by the assessing authority in the assessment of the skilled occupation 10 points

5. Australian Study Requirements.... This is only for those who studied or are studying in Australia...

One or more degrees, diplomas or trade qualifications awarded by an Australian educational institution and meet the Australian
study requirements 5 Points.

6. [size=18pt]OTHER FACTORS[/size]

A. Credentialled community language qualifications 5 POINTS

B. Study in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area (excluding distance education) 5 POINTS

C. Partner skill qualifications 5 POIINTS

D. Professional year in Australia for at least 12 months in the four years before the day you were invited to apply 5 POINTS

7. [size=18pt]NOMINATION/SPONSORSHIP (WHERE REQUIRED)[/size]

A. Nomination by state or territory government (visa subclass 190 only)..... 5 POINTS

B. Nomination by state or territory government or sponsorship by an eligible family member to reside and work in a
specified/designated area (visa subclass 489 only).......................... 10 POINTS
Please, I did my masters in the UK and was screened for English language proficiency using my reference record from secondary school principal and from my HOD in my university that all lectures were taught and examined in English language.

So this was used in place of a TOEFL OR IETLS. Please do you have any idea of such could be used to verify English language proficiency as well?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 1:09pm On Jan 10, 2017
Brigz:

Bnimz, your people have come ooo.... grin

Oya deal sharply...lolzz
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 1:27pm On Jan 10, 2017
Brigz:

Please, I did my masters in the UK
jamson:
Bnimz, your people have come ooo.... grin

Oya deal sharply...lolzz
Na so Jamson.. Brigz, my WAEC result was used as proof of English proficiency while coming to the UK for masters.. This cannot be repeated here. IELTS, TOEFL or PTE-A dey compulsory

.. . But first of all, come, come, did you really have to bring the entire introductory post on page Zero to page One hundred and Thirty Nine? angry

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 1:49pm On Jan 10, 2017
[quote author=Bnimz post=52690069
.. . But first of all, come, come, did you really have to bring the entire introductory post on page Zero to page One hundred and Thirty Nine? angry [/quote]

So I thought too oo. I want to believe he is just trying to get acquainted with the forum. He'll understand the functions with time

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cuteannie02: 1:49pm On Jan 10, 2017
BrisbaneQueen:

Please do I need to get letters from these places to show I did IT there? How did you go about presenting your IT work experience?

Hi. No, u don't need letters from these places as they don't count as ur work experience, they are rather ur training and educational experiences, u are not claiming points for them but the details should be in ur resume to
Support your evaluation and show the kind of training you've been exposed to. Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2017
iceberg54:

No one knows when the ceiling will be full. I think it's almost 800/1000 at the moment. Why not do PTE ASAP. It's still January and you should be invited soon with 70 points. You don't wanna wait till after July and then it gets removed from SOL. The way these people are changing laws anyhow, nothing must be taken for granted and time is of essence.

OK. Preparing for pte already. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2017
I just thought to share. PTE is now 52K.
At least at he UKEAS office in opebi.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ajiifixing(m): 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2017
jamson:

I read Library studies and I have never worked a day as a librarian.
Do you fancy my chances of applying as one (South Australia is still open for high points).My IELTS IS LSRW 8.5,7,7,7,
I just want to work on any glimmer of hope I can have.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 3:46pm On Jan 10, 2017
Hello house,

Please has anyone here got UK PCC? What is the easiest and cheapest route?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2017
OzyMigrant:
Hello house, Please has anyone here got UK PCC? What is the easiest and cheapest route?
Yep.

Visit acro.police.uk .. It's all online and very straightforward

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2017
trastar:

Seriously? This is not funny.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 7:32pm On Jan 10, 2017
Bnimz:
Yep.

Visit acro.police.uk .. It's all online and very straightforward

Thanks boss.........a prove of current address is required for the application. Would they include the address in the PCC?

I'm planning to use a bank statement with my old address as my prove of current address. The address is different from what I entered for EA, IELTS and PTE. If they will include the address in the PCC it will cause inconsistency.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 8:07pm On Jan 10, 2017
ajiifixing:

I read Library studies and I have never worked a day as a librarian.
Do you fancy my chances of applying as one (South Australia is still open for high points).My IELTS IS LSRW 8.5,7,7,7,
I just want to work on any glimmer of hope I can have.

I tried to find this on SA's list with no success. Kindly drop the ANZSCO code here so I can check further. I am happy to help explore this with you.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Priceless25: 9:28pm On Jan 10, 2017
trastar:

I shld've bought d voucher since like mamajaz advised me bt procrastination has been my greatest problem.. I've learnt my lessons
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 10, 2017
cuteannie02:

Hi. No, u don't need letters from these places as they don't count as ur work experience, they are rather ur training and educational experiences, u are not claiming points for them but the details should be in ur resume to
Support your evaluation and show the kind of training you've been exposed to. Hope this helps

Thank you for being so helpful, Annie. You're very much appreciated.

Goodevening Everyonesmiley
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 10:15pm On Jan 10, 2017
With S.A, any occupation on CSOL but with special conditions is not usually listed.

@ BrisbaneQueen: Evening to you.

jamson:

I tried to find this on SA's list with no success. Kindly drop the ANZSCO code here so I can check further. I am happy to help explore this with you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 10:53pm On Jan 10, 2017
OzyMigrant:
Would they include the address in the PCC?
I go need look my PCC, but surely it would be easier to update your account details with your bank to reflect the right address
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ajiifixing(m): 7:34am On Jan 11, 2017
jamson:

Wow,
I am touched by your kindness. Much appreciated.
https://www.anzscosearch.com/224611

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 9:21am On Jan 11, 2017
ajiifixing:

Wow,
I am touched by your kindness. Much appreciated.
https://www.anzscosearch.com/224611

The almighty VETASSESS is the assessing body here and I hear they won't even look at your documents without at least one year experience in the occupation you are nominating. Also as SA (another wahalish state when it comes to 190) don put am under special conditions, to say the odds are high is an understatement. I suggest you should work with the other occupations you were looking at against next immigration year, that reduces your odds significantly. Hopefully, policy reviews will Favour you in the coming year. Nothing stops you however from prepping your documents for assessment to save time.

SegunWamiri, thanks for the insight....

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by hsim247(m): 9:26am On Jan 11, 2017
Hello house,
Please who has any idea of current NGN/AUD rates on the parallel market. Please I need it to make some decisions. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ajiifixing(m): 9:34am On Jan 11, 2017
jamson:

The almighty VETASSESS is the assessing body here and I hear they won't even look at your documents without at least one year experience in the occupation you are nominating. Also as SA (another wahalish state when it comes to 190) don put am under special conditions, to say the odds are high is an understatement. I suggest you should work with the other occupations you were looking at against next immigration year, that reduces your odds significantly. Hopefully, policy reviews will Favour you in the coming year. Nothing stops you however from prepping your documents for assessment to save time.

SegunWamiri, thanks for the insight....

Thanks Bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.