Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1203821 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ajiifixing(m): 7:53am On Jan 12, 2017
jamson:

Can't recall when anyone on this forum has successfully paid for PTE using a Naira card.

Exactly!.

I better send someone to UKEAS to make payment in Cash.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 8:13am On Jan 12, 2017
Good morning..

PTE results came back yesterday evening:

Listening 86, Speaking 86, Writing 87 Reading 78.

Enabling skills:
Grammer 81, Oral Fluency 76, Pronunciation 80, Spelling 47, Vocabulary 85, Written Discourse 79

Fiance is so pissed. He was scored 47 in Spelling and he is still wondering how or why cos he wasn't asked to spell anything and he ensured he avoided typos. It was even the Speaking section he was unsure of.

Just one point. It is well sha..

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by hallelluyah(m): 10:52am On Jan 12, 2017
Attention All,
please I would like to ask if it is possible for only me to apply for the PR considering the whopping sum involved as Visa fees of AUD8,100 if I am to apply as a family as we are 5 in my family. Is it easy for me to apply for my wife and kids to join me later?? Or how can one source for such huge visa fees if we are to relocate the same time?
I need ideas
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 11:08am On Jan 12, 2017
hallelluyah:
I need ideas
Aah! 8100! DiaRisGod ooo.. I'll advise you to open a DOM account and start accumulating the money LONG before you get invited... The good thing about this process is that the bulk of the spending comes at a time when the visa is basically 98% sure... Its a lot of money, but its easier to just close eyes, squeeze face, grind teeth and migrate at once.... Its a lot of stress getting them to join you afterward..

When you get ITA, if the money still ain't complete, you might wanna sell a few things.. Donno, maybe a car or something..

Cos at that point, if everything is fine, its basically impossible to get rejected.. , only a false claim in EOI or a failed medical can get you rejected..

6 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 11:38am On Jan 12, 2017
jamson:

Chimo!!!! Buy from UKEAS Lagos and you can still write at Laidera with the voucher.

Just do what Jamson said. You can contact the lady at UKEAS on phone, you don't need to travel to Lagos.
With the voucher, you can register and choose any center of your choice, Laidera included. Infact, Laidera and co get their voucher from Richeal at UKEAS.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 11:41am On Jan 12, 2017
[quote author=teewhysafe post=52736627]Good morning..

Enabling skills:
Grammer 81, Oral Fluency 76, Pronunciation 80, Spelling 47, Vocabulary 85, Written Discourse 79

Fiance is so pissed. He was scored 47 in Spelling and he is still wondering how or why cos he wasn't asked to spell anything and he ensured he avoided typos. It was even the Speaking section he was unsure of.

It's sad. He is so close.
Tell him to brave it up. If I were him, ayam not throwing in at this point.
He should remove all bitterness, think about the good life AUS will give his children.
It's not too much a sacrifice for the kids.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ajiifixing(m): 2:59pm On Jan 12, 2017
teewhysafe:
Good morning..

Enabling skills:

Please ooo Ayam not understanding.
what I read on page 1 for 20 points is :

You have achieved a test score of at least 79 in each of the four test components (speaking, reading, listening and
writing) in a Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic

why is your fiancé upset?

Modified:

oh ok . I see 78

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 3:28pm On Jan 12, 2017
teewhysafe:
Good morning..

Enabling skills:

wow.. I feel your pain.. I advise he restrategize and give it again. It will end well.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamaileri: 5:04pm On Jan 12, 2017
Good day all

please i need advice. I got the result of PTE Today: Listening 82, Reading 73, Speaking 68, Writing 83. Can i go ahead and do my skills assessment with these while i prepare for another test.

thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by CXLVII: 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2017
Good day house. This is the break down of my profile. Will like to know if I qualify for Aus PR.

Age- 33

Skill nomination- Telecommunication Engineer
Experience- 8 years with a Multinational company

Education- B-Tech Chemical/Petro-Chemical Engineering

English test - Yet to register.

Occupation falls under CSOL and SOL.

Thanks in advance
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2017
mamaileri:
Good day all

please i need advice. I got the result of PTE Today: Listening 82, Reading 73, Speaking 68, Writing 83. Can i go ahead and do my skills assessment with these while i prepare for another test.

thanks
That is 10 points for english.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by CXLVII: 7:28pm On Jan 12, 2017
mamaileri:
Good day all

thanks

How much is PTE?

Is it paper based?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 8:24pm On Jan 12, 2017
CXLVII:
Good day house. This is the break down of my profile. Will like to know if I qualify for Aus PR.

Age- 33

Skill nomination- Telecommunication Engineer
Experience- 8 years with a Multinational company

Education- B-Tech Chemical/Petro-Chemical Engineering

English test - Yet to register.

Occupation falls under CSOL and SOL.

Thanks in advance

It is very important that your occupation falls under the SOL/CSOL list. And since you are less than 50, you are qualified to apply. Go and do your English test, do your assessment and submit an EOI.

All the best
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2017
mctowel01:

wow.. I feel your pain.. I advise he restrategize and give it again. It will end well.

Yeah. Amen oh

We are thinking of waiting till we get feedback from VETASSESS now. Maybe he will be motivated then to rewrite.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 8:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
[quote author=piusford post=52741o883][/quote]

I will. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 12, 2017
please I will make it brief. I want to go to australia and hustle. I only have OND. I just want to go and hustle. Can anybody help me how I go about it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 9:15pm On Jan 12, 2017
eosigwe:
please I will make it brief. I want to go to australia and hustle. I only have OND. I just want to go and hustle. Can anybody help me how I go about it.
Go to page zero of this post. The help you need is there.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by CXLVII: 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
Vinsmuft:

It is very important that your occupation falls under the SOL/CSOL list. And since you are less than 50, you are qualified to apply. Go and do your English test, do your assessment and submit an EOI.

All the best

Thanks a lot Bro. When I read through the Engineering Assessment booklet, PTE was not listed among the English proficiency test.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:54pm On Jan 12, 2017
@Teewhysafe,

He should rewrite and he will get there. He did pretty well in his first attempt.

@CXLVII,

EA does not accept PTE at this stage. You need either IELTS or TOEFL.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyot(f): 12:29am On Jan 13, 2017
Hello house,
Happy new year. Pls I need assistance with payment. I want to send 1200AUD for skill assessment to friend in Oz to make payment and send documents on my behalf (documents DHL already). He doesn't have a Naira account where I can pay the equivalent to ease the total cost. I'l appreciate any help from the house, someone who I can deposit naira equivalent to, while AUD equivalent is paid to colleague in Oz.
Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 7:40am On Jan 13, 2017
tyot:
Hello house,
Happy new year. Pls I need assistance with payment. I want to send 1200AUD for skill assessment to friend in Oz to make payment and send documents on my behalf (documents DHL already). He doesn't have a Naira account where I can pay the equivalent to ease the total cost. I'l appreciate any help from the house, someone who I can deposit naira equivalent to, while AUD equivalent is paid to colleague in Oz.
Thanks.

This is what I did to pay for my EA assessment. Walk up to any bank (preferably the one you have account with) and ask if they offer westernunion or moneygram outbound service. If yes, provide your passport or any other national ID and deposit the send amount in your account. Also provide the name, city and country of residence of the beneficiary. The beneficiary will pick the cash up at any western union or moneygram merchant outlet as long as they provide a valid Id bearing receive name. The con here is that there is a limit to what you can send (between 300k and 330k per quarter).

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyot(f): 10:28am On Jan 13, 2017
Thks @Jamson,
I am aware of these means of transfer, but the exchange rate is killing. It'll be a lot cheaper to just pay naira here while the equivalent is settled abroad.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 1:49pm On Jan 13, 2017
tyot:
Thks @Jamson,
I am aware of these means of transfer, but the exchange rate is killing. It'll be a lot cheaper to just pay naira here while the equivalent is settled abroad.
Killing ke? I am not sure you are aware as you claim oo.

Last time I checked, they exchange 1USD for NGN 412. Including the charges (NGN18,375) on the transaction might just push it to something around NGN432. Not even Santa Claus can give it to you lower than that grin grin grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 1:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
That is high na. That's just about 70N different from black market

jamson:

Killing ke? I am not sure you are aware as you claim oo.

Last time I checked, they exchange 1USD for NGN 412. Including the charges (NGN18,375) on the transaction might just push it to something around NGN432. Not even Santa Claus can give it to you lower than that grin grin grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 2:25pm On Jan 13, 2017
SegunWamiri:

A whole 70 bucks?? shocked shocked shocked (didnt even realise it would be that much) Wait wait wait....are u guys pulling my legs or you are not familiar with the forex thingy?

#igiveup
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 2:26pm On Jan 13, 2017
SegunWamiri:

NGN 70 difference is a very good offer o bros, you will hardly see who will deduct NGN 20-50 for you o except the person is your personal person.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 2:28pm On Jan 13, 2017
jamson:

Wait wait wait....are u guys pulling my legs or you are not familiar with the forex thingy?

#igiveup

I guess they don't know what's up... ...

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 2:28pm On Jan 13, 2017
SUJYDEE:

NGN 70 difference is a very good offer o bros, you will hardly see who will deduct NGN 20-50 for you o except the person is your personal person.

Gbam!!!!! Even personal person no dey send again. Na abokifx dem dey follow

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Graceee: 2:31pm On Jan 13, 2017
Hello family

pls can one apply to two different assessing body if one qualifies for both like EA and VEStassess at the same time??
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 2:33pm On Jan 13, 2017
Graceee:
Hello family

pls can one apply to two different assessing body if one qualifies for both like EA and VEStassess at the same time??

If you are that rich, why not? If I may ask, why would you want to do that?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Graceee: 2:34pm On Jan 13, 2017
jamson:

If you are that rich, why not? But again, why would you want to do that?

I think I qualify for both.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 2:39pm On Jan 13, 2017
Graceee:

I think I qualify for both.

Just that? Ok oo. If you are truly qualified for EA, by all means, go for it and save Vetassess money for the nearest future. I assure you, spending just began ooo....this parole go vibrate your pocket small

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.