Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1203885 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 10:14pm On Jan 17, 2017
Congratulations. @funkyjo and @dunsinogundele
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 10:23pm On Jan 17, 2017
iceberg54:
For guys hoping to receive NSW nomination, looks like they've resumed for this year. Got their invitation yesterday, though I don't need it anymore.

All the best to everyone.

Thanks for the info. Do you have an idea of how long it take to get invitation. I applied for NSW on 4th January with 70pts for Computer Network and System Engineer but nothing since then.

Even thinking of taking PTE again for 20pts so i can increase my point to 75pts for 189 visa. I put in for 189 visa on Dec 11th, 2016.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dunsinogundele: 10:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
Yes boss, moving to Adelaide. Please any tips on settling down would be appreciated. Also how do i get cheap flight.

bellong:

So SA has started collecting application fee? This state and money are like that Zuma's picture.. cheesy

Congratulations....
Are you moving to Adelaide?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
dunsinogundele:
Yes boss, moving to Adelaide. Please any tips on settling down would be appreciated. Also how do i get cheap flight.

I will send you a pm
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Priceless25: 10:49pm On Jan 17, 2017
So I stumbled upon this link to practice for the speaking component of the PTE and thought I should share it... Here's the web link to the website.. NOTE: You'll need internet service/data connection to practice, it's an online programme. https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/demos/speech.html

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 10:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
Priceless25:
So I stumbled upon this link to practice for the speaking component of the PTE and thought I should share it... Here's the web link to the website.. NOTE: You'll need internet service/data connection to practice, it's an online programme. https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/demos/speech.html

Thanks for this link

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:12pm On Jan 17, 2017
@Teewhysafe,

Send me a pm...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 11:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
bolaobby:

Thanks for the info. Do you have an idea of how long it take to get invitation. I applied for NSW on 4th January with 70pts for Computer Network and System Engineer but nothing since then.

Even thinking of taking PTE again for 20pts so i can increase my point to 75pts for 189 visa. I put in for 189 visa on Dec 11th, 2016.

I really don't know how long...I think they send bulk invites on specific dates. Your occupation is competitive maybe that's why you didn't get. You might, in the next round.

You might also get 189 in the next few rounds provided a lot of 70+ pointers don't join the queue. For 4th January round the visa DOE was 20/11 which is 3 weeks from when u submitted EOI. When the analysis of today's round comes out, it will give a rough idea of when you are likely to get an invite. You might then consider another PTE depending on the outcome.

Cheers bro.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 11:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
@ dunsinogundele

Congrats o. I salute your courage and persistence especially with the English test.

Meanwhile, I am marveled by the CUTS almighty VETASSES gave you sha. Ah han! From 7 years experience to 3.8. Was there any specific explanation for this? Is your experience in a part time job or contracts?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 11:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
funkyjo:
Am really really happy cheesy Received ITA today! I bless God...

Congrats... Welcome to the club. cheesy
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:13am On Jan 18, 2017
SegunWamiri:
@ dunsinogundele

Congrats o. I salute your courage and persistence especially with the English test.

Meanwhile, I am marveled by the CUTS almighty VETASSES gave you sha. Ah han! From 7 years experience to 3.8. Was there any specific explanation for this? Is your experience in a part time job or contracts?

I believe it was cut due to the MBA he submitted. Experience starts to count after the most recent qualification.

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 4:08am On Jan 18, 2017
dunsinogundele:
Finally,direct grant for Visa 190 landed yesterday night for my entire family after 14 months of processing!. Thanks to all the seniors that contributed to this achievement on this forum, God bless you all and to those still expecting their grants, I pray GOD would put their case on fast track. See timelines below:

VETASSESS Assessment Application lodged : 25th Nov, 2015 ( 7 years experience was cut to 3.8yrs and 4 years degree was equaled to Associate degree but luckily MBA was equaled to AQF graduate diploma)
Positive outcome : 19th Feb 2016
IELTS success at 4th attempt : 11th Nov 2016
EOI : 11th Nov 2016
State application : 11th Nov 2016
ITA : 7th Dec, 2016
Visa Lodgement : 22nd Dec 2016
Direct Grant : 17th Jan, 2017 grin grin grin grin grin

I have posted this because i believe it would encourage someone else just the way i was encouraged by seeing grant posts from others.
I couldn't have been happier to read your story. Your doggedness paid off, Weldone, congrats & may the land yield increase for you.
You've lifted my soul, making another trial is the surest bet for me ( as per English).Just yesterday I was on the verge of giving up on English before "prophet Jamson" intervened in my case. Now, seeing this testimony now, I am more than encouraged to fight on, knowing fully well that quitters never win.
Congrats over& over again.

6 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 4:14am On Jan 18, 2017
funkyjo, I welcome you to the seat of the congratulatees, . Please, forgive for not quoting you ' cos as per me and my family, we love seeing that mention icon on the top of our page ( o jawo ni CBN).
I pray God will shine his light of favour on the remaining process. Weldone, and God speed.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 4:20am On Jan 18, 2017
Those of us that have being clapping for, and rejoicing with others on this forum should not relent, ' cos our days too are here ( sooner than we can think of).
I am so elated about these good news this morning. Person go old pass Methuselah, rich pass Abraham if one keep hearing such news(es) like these ones daily.

9 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 5:01am On Jan 18, 2017
Congrats Oguns, I wish you success and God's favour in the new land.
dunsinogundele:
Finally,direct grant for Visa 190 landed yesterday night for my entire family after 14 months of processing!. Thanks to all the seniors that contributed to this achievement on this forum, God bless you all and to those still expecting their grants, I pray GOD would put their case on fast track. See timelines below:

I have posted this because i believe it would encourage someone else just the way i was encouraged by seeing grant posts from others.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dunsinogundele: 5:24am On Jan 18, 2017
Thanks Mamajaz, I believe you would make it to the finish line too, never give up no matter what

mamajaz:

I couldn't have been happier to read your story. Your doggedness paid off, Weldone, congrats & may the land yield increase for you.
You've lifted my soul, making another trial is the surest bet for me ( as per English).Just yesterday I was on the verge of giving up on English before "prophet Jamson" intervened in my case. Now, seeing this testimony now, I am more than encouraged to fight on, knowing fully well that quitters never win.
Congrats over& over again.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dunsinogundele: 5:28am On Jan 18, 2017
My experience is full time in a multinational coy, they say because my first degree is not highly relevant to nominated occupation, so they started counting experience from when I got my MBA, this made me lose 5 points on EOI and pushed me to 190 instead of 189. If I have not submitted my MBA, may be I would have gotten a negative outcome or my experience would still be reduced

SegunWamiri:
@ dunsinogundele

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 6:12am On Jan 18, 2017
bellong:
@Teewhysafe,

Send me a pm...

Sent....but just incase ....my mail address temitayo_ajisafe@yahoo.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 6:18am On Jan 18, 2017
jamson:

Yes

I did western union outbound from a Skye Bank branch. I am aware Access and First Bank too

Okay.Thanks. Since its about 300k per quarter,is it possible to send through multiple banks or have people use their own slot for me within that same quarter?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 6:20am On Jan 18, 2017
teewhysafe:

Sent....but just incase ....

Replied..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 6:34am On Jan 18, 2017
bellong:

Replied..

Replied. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 7:26am On Jan 18, 2017
Congratulations @funkyjo and @dunsinogundele

@teewhysafe
You can only do either western union or moneygram in one bank per quarter but you can have people use their own slot for you in that quarter.

Zany
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 8:00am On Jan 18, 2017
teewhysafe:

Okay.Thanks. Since its about 300k per quarter,is it possible to send through multiple banks or have people use their own slot for me within that same quarter?
That's the idea wink @other people's slot. But for assessment sake, I think your own quota will do.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 8:16am On Jan 18, 2017
Cool.

Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 8:16am On Jan 18, 2017
Thanks.

zanyzara:
Congratulations @funkyjo and @dunsinogundele

@teewhysafe
You can only do either western union or moneygram in one bank per quarter but you can have people use their own slot for you in that quarter.

Zany
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by korlahwarleh: 9:08am On Jan 18, 2017
Please who has taken the PTE exam at the Ibadan center before?. I am asking because I reside in Ilorin and I will have to choose between the Ibadan and Lagos centers but I don't know much about the Ibadan center. Do you advise that I take the test at the Lagos or Ibadan Center?. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 12:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
@ bellong
Thanks for the heads up

@ dunsinogundele
Thanks for sharing details of the reason for reduction
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 12:19pm On Jan 18, 2017
@dunsinogundele congratulations
@funkyjo Congratulations

To the whole house

Can anyone please share how you are able to make your payments for each stage. black market rate for USD too much bare and bank charges for FX transfers is outrageous.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 1:01pm On Jan 18, 2017
korlahwarleh:
Please who has taken the PTE exam at the Ibadan center before?. I am asking because I reside in Ilorin and I will have to choose between the Ibadan and Lagos centers but I don't know much about the Ibadan center. Do you advise that I take the test at the Lagos or Ibadan Center?. Thanks

I took mine at Ibadan, Laidera Consulting. The place is very okay. I don't reside at Ibadan but i know my way around the city.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:09pm On Jan 18, 2017
@All

If I have by mistake uploaded personal documents, courtesy demands that my attention should be called to it.

I probably have made a mistake in the past uploading or sending personal documents.

I will not upload any documents to prevent future mistake.

@Alphadoor,

What is your question?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 1:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
bellong:
@All

@Alphadoor,

What is your question?

whats the best way to source for AUD, i want to kickoff my assessment with ACS (Computer science).
Also am planning to engage a migration agent but it appears this forum has majority of questions answered even though its mostly engineering related.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.