Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,834 members, 7,802,671 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1202578 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
BADNEAT:
sir. Can you please help me with the name of those platforms ...Need Some Aud

No, you can't buy AUD on the platform or any of the platforms.

Bnimz:
So I was doing some research and saw that after driving for 3 months, a Nigerian still needs to do the theory and practical driving tests cos the Nigerian license is not eligible for a direct swap... Is this information correct?

Yes, with Nigerian license, you must go through the process all over only that you will be given a full licence after rather than a provisional licence.
However, in state like NSW, you must have had your Nigerian licence for at least 3years (I am not sure no of years, residents of NSW can clarify) before you can be given a full licence. Else, you will get a provisional licence.

As a PR holder, you are expected to convert your licence to the local licence within 3 months of arrival. If not, you will start as a learner.

doziej84:
House

Is it possible To waive points or decide not to claim points for skilled employment when being assessed by VETASSES?

is there anyone who has done such and succeeded.

Your question is not really clear but you don't claim points from VETASSES.

VETASSES asseses all your experience and qualifications. If you mean point test advice, you don't need to pay for that one. It is a way they make extra money for doing nothing.

When assessing with VETASSES, you must declare all your work experience to be in their good book so you don't end up blaming yourself.

keleto:

Something I don't really get right. Does someone needs to get Australia employer recommendation to apply for visa 190

NO

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
bellong:

Yes, with Nigerian license, you must go through the process all over only that you will be given a full licence after rather than a provisional licence.
However, in state like NSW, you must have had your Nigerian licence for at least 3years (I am not sure no of years, residents of NSW can clarify) before you can be given a full licence. Else, you will get a provisional licence.

NO
minimum issuance date of 5years ago
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:04am On Feb 20, 2017
TAX AND TAX RETURNS

This information is to help guys on how the tax system works. I have limited knowledge when it comes to financial issues but the little I know should be enough to educate one or two people.

Financial year in Australia as you all or most people know starts from July - June. At the end of every financial year, you are expected to make your tax return to the Australian Tax Office (ATO). This return is meant to balance your tax for the financial year.
By this, it means to refund those that overpaid tax or collect from those that underpaid.

I have attached a document showing how incomes are taxed for those getting paid fortnightly. Most people are paid fortnightly.

The first column is the base tax for your first job or only job. For those who have a second job, the second tax column is the tax the second job will be taxed.

How does this work? On being employed by an employer, you will fill several forms including, bank account form, superannuation and tax file number (TFN) declaration form. The TFN declaration form is what your employer use to deduct tax from your income. I have attached the form in the second column.

Section 8 of the form says "do you want to claim tax threshold from this employer?". If you have only one job, tick YES and you will be charged the base tax rate. If you have more than one jobs, tick YES for the job that brings you the highest income or regular one while you tick NO for all other jobs.
This is because if you tick YES for all the jobs, at the end of the financial year, you would have underpaid tax and ATO will be after you to recover the difference. It is better they owe you than to owe them to avoid being harassed...Lol.

During the financial year, whatever you buy from your money for work like clothing, safety gears etc, make sure you keep the receipt. You can claim it back when you make your tax return. Those who use their cars for work can also claim the fuel money back during tax return. If you drive your car to work only, you can't claim the fuel in tax. Strictly for those who use their cars to perform their duties like those in disability, aged care, child protection etc.

You can give your tax return to tax accountants to help you make them. They charge between $50 - $100 and it is tax deductible meaning, you can claim it back in tax.

If you are working either full or part time and you are also studying any course that relates to your current employment which you have to pay for? You can claim your tuition fees back during tax return less $250. Government don't pay for the first $250 but will refund the remaining. If you buy books etc for the study, you can claim them back in tax. The key is, the course must be relevant to your job. Example, is an electrical engineer studying certification course in electrical engineering or masters or bachelors, you can get back your money if your current employment is in electrical engineering.
Always keep receipts and records of all your tax deductible items.

For tax table for monthly, weekly or annual income tax deduction, Google ATO and tax tables.

Damn any errors, I don't always proof read.

NB: I have tried several times to upload the documents but keep encountering error. Maybe the file is too large. When I find a way around it, I will upload them.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 1:05am On Feb 20, 2017
bellong:
, in state like NSW, you must have had your Nigerian licence for at least 3years
Good, now I have a reason to avoid NSW.. angry

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Priceless25: 3:10am On Feb 20, 2017
bellong:
TAX AND TAX RETURNS

This information is to help guys on how the tax system works. I have limited knowledge when it comes to financial issues but the little I know should be enough to educate one or two people.

Financial year in Australia as you all or most people know starts from July - June. At the end of every financial year, you are expected to make your tax return to the Australian Tax Office (ATO). This return is meant to balance your tax for the financial year.
By this, it means to refund those that overpaid tax or collect from those that underpaid.

I have attached a document showing how incomes are taxed for those getting paid fortnightly. Most people are paid fortnightly.

The first column is the base tax for your first job or only job. For those who have a second job, the second tax column is the tax the second job will be taxed.

How does this work? On being employed by an employer, you will fill several forms including, bank account form, superannuation and tax file number (TFN) declaration form. The TFN declaration form is what your employer use to deduct tax from your income. I have attached the form in the second column.

Section 8 of the form says "do you want to claim tax threshold from this employer?". If you have only one job, tick YES and you will be charged the base tax rate. If you have more than one jobs, tick YES for the job that brings you the highest income or regular one while you tick NO for all other jobs.
This is because if you tick YES for all the jobs, at the end of the financial year, you would have underpaid tax and ATO will be after you to recover the difference. It is better they owe you than to owe them to avoid being harassed...Lol.

During the financial year, whatever you buy from your money for work like clothing, safety gears etc, make sure you keep the receipt. You can claim it back when you make your tax return. Those who use their cars for work can also claim the fuel money back during tax return. If you drive your car to work only, you can't claim the fuel in tax. Strictly for those who use their cars to perform their duties like those in disability, aged care, child protection etc.

You can give your tax return to tax accountants to help you make them. They charge between $50 - $100 and it is tax deductible meaning, you can claim it back in tax.

If you are working either full or part time and you are also studying any course that relates to your current employment which you have to pay for? You can claim your tuition fees back during tax return less $250. Government don't pay for the first $250 but will refund the remaining. If you buy books etc for the study, you can claim them back in tax. The key is, the course must be relevant to your job. Example, is an electrical engineer studying certification course in electrical engineering or masters or bachelors, you can get back your money if your current employment is in electrical engineering.
Always keep receipts and records of all your tax deductible items.

For tax table for monthly, weekly or annual income tax deduction, Google ATO and tax tables.

Damn any errors, I don't always proof read.

NB: I have tried several times to upload the documents but keep encountering error. Maybe the file is too large. When I find a way around it, I will upload them.

This is truly an altruistic act. For always looking out for, and taking care of our E-fam, may God richly reward u in abundance. U'll forever be in my prayers "Papa Bellong"... U're transforming lives. THANK U

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 4:16am On Feb 20, 2017
Priceless25:
may God richly reward u in abundance.
Amen,... But you didn't have to quote the entire post cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 7:47am On Feb 20, 2017
bellong:
TAX AND TAX RETURNS

Thanks for sharing oga Bellong (pls forgive me for adding 'oga'. It was a reflex action wink )

I will pm you an alternative way for sharing documents online as this platform is very restrictive in terms of file size.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 8:09am On Feb 20, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:

Na you talk am sha. Na wish I wish.
But I reckon that action has already been closed out though I'm not a moderator nor vying to be the best of moderators.
Genie does answer wishes after all.

Haha, have a great week smiley

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 8:27am On Feb 20, 2017
keleto:

Something I don't really get right. Does someone needs to get Australia employer recommendation to apply for visa 190
re

Nope.......u need just 55 points and be sure ur professional is referenced.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bongzy: 10:45am On Feb 20, 2017
Hello E-fam,I am new on this thread,please can someone help with samples of successful Chemical Engineering CDRs
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 11:25am On Feb 20, 2017
Bongzy:
Hello E-fam,I am new on this thread,please can someone help with samples of successful Chemical Engineering CDRs

Send me a PM. I have some courtesy of the gurus on the thread.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 11:54am On Feb 20, 2017
Thanks.

Bongzy:

chebyshev:

Send me a PM. I have some courtesy of the gurus on the thread.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by notindome(m): 4:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
Bnimz:
I've replied your PM three times.... you're sending new ones instead of checking your mail for the reply......

sorry sir, I actually checked before sending another one, maybe network issues. my apologies. I hv received ur mail and replied. Pls assist. Thank you.

Regards.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 7:39pm On Feb 20, 2017
adesolami36:

I replied your pm already

Hello adesolami36, I just sent you a pm now. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 12:02am On Feb 21, 2017
Another quick grant for my brother.
Eoi: 25th jan
Invite: ist feb
Medicals: 7th feb
Visa paid: 7th feb
Finished uploading on 18th feb
Grant: 20th feb(gsm adelaide)

He claimed 5+ years of exp (electrical eng, 60points)

I thank God it ended in praise.

11 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by doziej84: 1:03am On Feb 21, 2017
bellong:

Your question is not really clear but you don't claim points from VETASSES.

VETASSES asseses all your experience and qualifications. If you mean point test advice, you don't need to pay for that one. It is a way they make extra money for doing nothing.

When assessing with VETASSES, you must declare all your work experience to be in their good book so you don't end up blaming yourself.

NO
@bellong,

I meant, if you have minimal or no work experience (less than a yr) in course studied in school, but have experience in another field.

can one decide, to apply for assessment based on only qualifications and receive a positive assessment?
can VETASSES negate the fact that you don't have working experience derived from course studied in school, and assess you based on only qualifications?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 1:34am On Feb 21, 2017
oknee:
Grant: 20th feb(gsm adelaide).
Congratulations to him smiley
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:30am On Feb 21, 2017
@doziej84,

To get positive assessment from VETASSES, you must have at least one year experience. Only EA assesses people without work experience.

If your experience is not from your qualification, you must have at least 5yrs experience to get positive assessment.

My brother, VETASSES is a crazy assessing body. You must follow their rules to the letter..

@Oknee,

Congratulations to your brother. That was very fast.

@ Teewhysafe,

How far?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 5:01am On Feb 21, 2017
Bnimz:
Congratulations to him smiley

Yours will be like that too so get ready
bellong:

@Oknee,

Congratulations to your brother. That was very fast.

?
Thanks bellong. I guess it is because he is a single applicant ,no history of intl travel and strong supporting evidence for his work experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:41am On Feb 21, 2017

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 7:16am On Feb 21, 2017
jaybwoi:

Congratulations to your brother..It'll end in praise for all of us here..
.yes oooo. Very soon , it will be visa rain for all.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 7:56am On Feb 21, 2017
bellong:

@ Teewhysafe,

How far?

Hi Bellong,
Still awaiting Reassessment outcome. Vetassess replied our mail. Said it wil take 8-10weeks. 3rd week now.
Hopefully, wil give an update soon.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 8:43am On Feb 21, 2017
oknee:

Congratulations. This is heart warming
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Shegman22(m): 9:31am On Feb 21, 2017
Bnimz:
I've replied your PM three times.... you're sending new ones instead of checking your mail for the reply......
Pls help me out with a sample successful CDR for Civil Engineering. Thanks Shegsmolopa4real@yahoo.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by prettyirene: 10:28am On Feb 21, 2017
bellong:

How old are you?

Have you written an English test? Can you get a 20 points band?

How many years of experience do you have?
I am 36 years,
About writing ielts by March
I have 9 year's work experience, 5 years of retail pharmacy practice and 4years 6months medical sales representative .
Pls for the skills assessment is it advisable to first do a full assessment or advisory. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:44am On Feb 21, 2017
prettyirene:

I am 36 years,
About writing ielts by March
I have 9 year's work experience, 5 years of retail pharmacy practice and 4years 6months medical sales representative .
Pls for the skills assessment is it advisable to first do a full assessment or advisory. Thanks

Going by what you have, even if you get the maximum score from English, you will still not make 75 points for SA state nomination.

Your option is to go through as a pharmacist with the pharmacist council.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by seggzzy(m): 11:10am On Feb 21, 2017
bellong:

@all,

I appreciate your concern thanks.

Be sure that no perceived or actual insult can stop me from offering the help within my limit. I knew at a point, insults would come as not all men are wise.

Life is too short to be harbouring hatred, bitterness, animosity and malice. We sin against God and we get forgiven. As Sons of our father, we should follow His footsteps. No hard feelings.

Like I said before, if any ask question and I am convinced it requires a personal support, I will send a pm to the person.
Lol
Good response from you my brother. An adage says " Gold is not meant for everyone but for those who know the value" Keep on doing your good works it can never go down the drain.

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 11:15am On Feb 21, 2017
oknee:
Congrats to your brother

Baba God ooo...answer my call oo

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 11:41am On Feb 21, 2017
oknee:

.yes oooo. Very soon , it will be visa rain for all.

Congratulations Oknee.This is really good news.Is he going to be moving to Melbourne too?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 12:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
Pekadust:

pleas ACS IS CRAZY THEY GAVE ME A DIPLOMA FOR MY BSC . I FINISHED FROM A PRIVATE UNIVERSITY TOO

LOL, same here, but I got to know it's not about private uni, they consider most 4 year course to be equivalent to their associated degree. Reply your dm please.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by veryconcluded: 1:05pm On Feb 21, 2017
eboziem:

[/b]

1) Can someone who holds a first degree in Law(Hon) and about 7 years experience in banking =

Yes you can apply but note that your qualification is not qualified for the role. Nevertheless, your 7 years banking experience should be in a related field like an account officer then 3 years out of that will be substitute for your law degree

Apart from the aforementioned, where one has undergone and successfully completed on the job training on Basic Banking, Basic Accounting, Financial Statement Analysis & Basic Credit Modules, Knowledge of Banking Regulations, AML/CFT Compliance training together and is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Finance & Control of Nigeria; would all these be said to be relevant?

[color=#770077] if you have certificates to prove your training, all goo

2) Where one worked in two different banks and is no longer with them, can Statutory Declaration be used in place of Reference from them?
If yes, can the Statutory declaration be self declaration or can a former colleague declare on one's behalf?

Yes, self declaration

3) Due to the fact that one is no longer in the employ of these institutions, can statements of accounts (showing payment of salary) together with statement from PFA (showing contributions made and withdrawal from same due to loss of job) be used in place of payslips?

Yes but remember payslips shows your tax payments so you may consider some proof of your tax payments

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 1:27pm On Feb 21, 2017
oknee:
Eoi: 25th jan
Invite: ist feb
Medicals: 7th feb
Visa paid: 7th feb
Finished uploading on 18th feb
Grant: 20th feb(gsm adelaide)

He claimed 5+ years of exp (electrical eng, 60points)

Congratulations to your brother@ Oknee.

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.