Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204121 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cuteannie02: 7:13am On Feb 23, 2017
[quote author=bellong post=53946

Only for those with family.[/quote]

Ok o, that means O.Y.O is the case of ppl like me. It is well o, shared apartment it is then. Thank you sir
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chubbya2(f): 9:14am On Feb 23, 2017
Thanks you for your prompt response.

Since my pre masters work experience will not be counted, is it ok to still send my 1st degree certificate and transcript for assessment?
bellong:

Yes, VETASSES will not count your pre Masters work experience.

However, going by what you have, you don't need to disturb yourself with the work experience. You have the minimum point required..

Add 5 points to your score for study in Australia.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:16am On Feb 23, 2017
chubbya2:
Thanks you for your prompt response.

Since my pre masters work experience will not be counted, is it ok to still send my 1st degree certificate and transcript for assessment?

Send all your qualifications and everything you have got. You don't want to blame yourself later when it comes to VETASSES.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chubbya2(f): 9:33am On Feb 23, 2017
Okay , will do just that.... Thanks once again.
bellong:

Send all your qualifications and everything you have got. You don't want to blame yourself later when it comes to VETASSES.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kempguy47: 10:21am On Feb 23, 2017
bellong:
ACCOMMODATION

How about using Craigslist, does it help? We have started our house hunt and we r considering using Craigslist but not too sure of its authenticity...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:24am On Feb 23, 2017
Kempguy47:

How about using Craigslist, does it help? We have started our house hunt and we r considering using Craigslist but not too sure of its authenticity...

Craiglist is not so popular in Australia unlike in the USA.

Best bet are Gumtree, flatmates, Airbnb .. These for shared apartment (gumtree has flat rental too)

For 2, 3, 4 bedroom and above use

www.realestate.com.au and www.rent.com.au

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 10:29am On Feb 23, 2017
incemay:

Job description needs to match the ANZSCO for anyone to get a positive assessment from any of the assessing authorities. My got a positive assessment for the same job code. You can send a PM so I can share the JD she got from her office.

As regards re-applying please see below extract from ACS assessment guideline;

Good morning. Am still waiting for your mail.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kempguy47: 10:46am On Feb 23, 2017
bellong:

Best bet are Gumtree, flatmates, Airbnb .. These for shared apartment (gumtree has flat rental too)

Thanks boss, will try these
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kempguy47: 10:53am On Feb 23, 2017
Bnimz:
Na to stay for lowkey place sure pass... Dey pay like 600 - 800 a month

But how can one get these low key places without paying these bonds? My budget is 250 weekly. ( max) but I didn't budget for 'James bond'

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:07am On Feb 23, 2017
Kempguy47:

But how can one get these low key places without paying these bonds? My budget is 250 weekly. ( max) but I didn't budget for 'James bond'

Are you single?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by incemay: 11:10am On Feb 23, 2017
bolaobby:

Good morning. Am still waiting for your mail.

I tried responding to your PM but it keeps bouncing. You can drop ur email. I will forward it to you.

Rgds.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kempguy47: 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
bellong:

Are you single?

No I'm Married
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
Kempguy47:

No I'm Married

Except you don't have kids, it is difficult getting a shared apartment.

Depending on the state you are moving to, the cost of a 2 bedroom apartment is between $220-$300/week.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 2:20pm On Feb 23, 2017
Kempguy47:
Ah, bond na default.. Pesin no fit escape am. Even for the lowkey places. . Up here, deposit (bond) is usually equal to rent for a month...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 2:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
Kempguy47:

Bellong mentioned it earlier.Google the housing website of the state you are going.Some states pay on your behalf as some form of interest free loan.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by baenoz(f): 3:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
oknee:

Thanks. He used employment reference letter, appt letter, confirmation and promotion letter, his full bank statement (from his first month to jan), pension statement of acct, office id.

Thanks for the quick feedback. Were these documents same as what he submitted to EA? Or he uploaded additional to DIBP
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kempguy47: 3:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
bellong:

Except you don't have kids, it is difficult getting a shared apartment.

Depending on the state you are moving to, the cost of a 2 bedroom apartment is between $220-$300/week.

I don't have kids...yet. I'm prepared to pay between 200 - 300 weekly. Destination is Melbourne. I'm not looking at shared apartments.
It could be a 1 bedroom flat so far it's ok. Issue now is how can one get these without paying heavy bonds.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kempguy47: 3:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
tyosho:

Bellong mentioned it earlier.Google the housing website of the state you are going.Some states pay on your behalf as some form of interest free loan.

Oh great! Thanks. Will google and see what I come up with. Great!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kempguy47: 3:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
Bnimz:
Ah, bond na default.. Pesin no fit escape am. Even for the lowkey places. . Up here, deposit (bond) is usually equal to rent for a month...

Wow. Thanks!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by peteredo: 7:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
please i ave cousin who read electrical electronics Engineering but has been working has sales rep for a generator company.... how can he go about the p.r stuff
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 8:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
peteredo:
please i ave cousin who read electrical electronics Engineering but has been working has sales rep for a generator company.... how can he go about the p.r stuff
go to page Zero
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by peteredo: 8:53pm On Feb 23, 2017
Bnimz:
go to page Zero
have gone thru but didnt see anytin relating to sales engineer
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
If you had, you would have seen that for Engineers, qualifications usually supersede work experience
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by peteredo: 9:09pm On Feb 23, 2017
thanks alot
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 9:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
[quote author=Bnimz post=53997514]If you had, you would have seen that for Engineers, qualifications usually supersede work experience [/quote

@bnimz....pls, did you include references from a text book or any materials that's if you had calculations in it, in your CDR?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 10:06pm On Feb 23, 2017
bellong:
ACCOMMODATION

One of the challenges of settling is getting a suitable accommodation. Real estate agents more often than not exercise restraints in leasing accommodation to new migrants. This is because of the fear of not getting paid the rent as at when due and nobody wants to start dragging tenants to tenancy board/court.

One of the ways to getting looked upon favourably, for any place you like, is to promise the agent of paying one month in advance and if you can present your account statement showing funds, if you have enough money, to convince them of your ability to pay, this can also be a positive for you.

If you have a full time job, it becomes easier as they know there is constant income able to cater for the rent.

In getting an accommodation, you will be required to pay a bond which is a security deposit against damages to the property. This bond depends on rental price and State. For example, in South Australia, a rent of $300 or less per week, your bond will be amount of 4weeks rent which is $1200. If rent is more than$300, then bond is 6 weeks rent. Varies for States. This bond is lodged by the landlord or agent with the tenancy board who keeps all bonds in the state.

When you move into the house, ensure you take pictures of every room and area as evidence when you will be moving out. Some agents can claim damages for what you are not responsible for and you may lose all or part of your bond. You can challenge agent's claim at the tenancy board or civil and administration tribunal.

As a PR holder, each state has Housing authority and they render assistance to people to cater for the job. You have to check requirements for the State you live. Google Housing authority in your state.

It is stressful sometimes looking for accommodation. Hope this little info helps.

Back in Ife, accommodation was N90 and yet to get was a big deal. Had to share a room with eight other fellows; two to a bed at a point. Awo Hall, block 4, room 94. Yet it is in the past. The same will apply for us all in Australia; sharing wont be forever. We will move beyond it, get comfortable accommodations and progress well. Baba God brought us this far; He will see us all the way to the end, and beyond. Thanks Bellong, for the updates; more power to your elbow.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 11:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hello all.
Pls is anyone in the house residing in Melbourne?We are moving early next month and I would like advice on good Neighbour hoods to consider when renting our apartment.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 11:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
incemay:

I tried responding to your PM but it keeps bouncing. You can drop ur email. I will forward it to you.

Rgds.

Thanks. adegbajupeter@gmail.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 12:00am On Feb 24, 2017
Congratulations on your positive assessment. Please I sent you a PM yesterday I need clarifications if someone with philosophy degree from UI can assess the same skill.

I also have few things I need to ask you my email is ucheokonji@yahoo.com.incase you're having issues with the PM.

Thanks

quote author=Yeeshas post=53932918]Hi everyone, I got my positive assessment from VETASSES today!

I will like to say a big thank you first to Bellong and every other person on this thread that has been giving out information as well as answering to all inquiries. May God bless you and yours!

I have been a silent reader on this thread and it has been of such tremendous help to me! I read from page one to 177! I check every night to see if the new page has been updated. Lol. I do it religiously.

Okay. Enough of the long story. I wanted to wait till I got my grant before writing this post but I thought just like Mr Bellong dished out information withoutholding back (which largely influenced my positive assessment) I would not want to wait as I know there are people who have questions regarding VETASSES assessment.sorry for the long post. Just saying a big thank you. I am most grateful.
PS: I'm writing my PTE test next week. Thanks again.[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 1:53am On Feb 24, 2017
diggy4real:
I didn't... However, I mentioned that all sources were properly referenced in the episodes that were academic...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malel1: 5:55am On Feb 24, 2017
bellong:

@bellong , biko the way u answer people and upload important infos in this room, seriously u are a rare Nigerian breed. Keep it up bro.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 6:03am On Feb 24, 2017
Morning people, please anyone with a contact at Alagbon, do send me his/her number. I want to go get my PCC today. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.