Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,043 members, 7,807,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1203763 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Julie95(f): 7:46pm On Mar 21, 2017
bellong:

Do you have at least one year experience in GIS or remote sensing?

If not, wait till you get experience in the occupation because it is assessed by VETASSES.

Thanks,
My previous work experience is completely unrelated with my first degree, got about 8months GIS experience tho
Thought i could try another assessing body
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Adewakeup1(m): 9:54pm On Mar 21, 2017
Hello house, please has anyone write PTE exam at the Test center in Ibadan (Laidera) recently, please I need assessment of the place. How is their system and also the environment and the examiner.
Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yuddy2(m): 10:00pm On Mar 21, 2017
frank043:

Please, I also need the materials... Here's my email ID fenusn@gmail.com

Thanks
udeholughu@gmail.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:08am On Mar 22, 2017
Adewakeup1:
Hello house, please has anyone write PTE exam at the Test center in Ibadan (Laidera) recently, please I need assessment of the place. How is their system and also the environment and the examiner.
Thanks.
[quote author=Adewakeup1 post=54817858]

Laidera is very okay, I've been there before.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nuelnuel: 8:32am On Mar 22, 2017
Hello people,
I have a question; I studied MSc Software Engineering at the University of Southampton and BSc Computer Science at the University of Nigeria and I only have four months of experience as a Web developer, will I get a positive assessment as a Software Engineer from the ACS?
Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by NGOZIGLORI(f): 9:25am On Mar 22, 2017
Good morning house @ nkechima pls I sent u a pm. Pls reply to ngyomeili@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by simayg: 9:47am On Mar 22, 2017
Adewakeup1:
Thanks.
Pls how much is d pte at ibadan
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Adewakeup1(m): 9:55am On Mar 22, 2017
You can buy the voucher from anywhere and chose any center.
Voucher is 52k from UKEAS.
I'm based in Osogbo and i'll prefer to write the exam in Ibadan instead of going to Lagos,
but i dont know how the center is.

simayg:

Pls how much is d pte at ibadan
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Adewakeup1(m): 9:58am On Mar 22, 2017
oh, thanks. glad to hear that.

[quote author=doyen06 post=54822702][/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by simayg: 10:29am On Mar 22, 2017
Bnimz:
Up here - I dey UK bro..
When I reach Auz, I go begin dey talk down here grin
Bro pls help me with IT and project CDR samples. tanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Adewakeup1(m): 10:32am On Mar 22, 2017
@doyen06, pls did you write your PTE at the Ibadan center?

doyen06:
Once again thanks a lot jukesblam, I just figured that I had to click on the map
To get the test location. I will visit the test center tomorrow.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Adewakeup1(m): 10:37am On Mar 22, 2017
Pls kindly send the PTE materials to alabiadesoji@yahoo.com.
Thanks

doyen06:
@Tunai, how long did you prepare before you had the test? The PTE Academic test builder by Macmillian is what I'm preparing with right now. It is popular on this thread, if you like to have it let me know.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 10:55am On Mar 22, 2017
Thank you so much Bellong for taking out time to respond.

My husband is an Estate Surveyor/Valuer which would have been an easy ride but he had his HND from Yabatech and PGD from FUTA.

I dont really know the chances cos of the HND.

Do you think we stand a chance with that moreso that I didnt have it easy with Vetassess. I no wan cry again if we get negative assessment.

Thank you so much.
[quote author=bellong post=54787212]

@toslad,

State nomination or assessment for alternate occupation that is not competitive. If you are married or engaged, your spouse's occupation may be the way to go.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 10:58am On Mar 22, 2017
nuelnuel:
Hello people,
I have a question; I studied MSc Software Engineering at the University of Southampton and BSc Computer Science at the University of Nigeria and I only have four months of experience as a Web developer, will I get a positive assessment as a Software Engineer from the ACS?
Thank you

No You won't as you have not met the requirement. (2yrs minimum)

Kindly see below extract from their guideline.

Visit acs.org.au for clarity

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by CJFLEX: 2:42pm On Mar 22, 2017
Bnimz:
I frankly don't see how you can get this before july.. Not to discourage you, but the ceiling for mechanical is almost full... And except your undergrad was in Australia or you have 3 years of experience, I'm not sure where the extra 5 points can come from to give you 70 for faster invitation...

So I'll advise you to take your mind off July and proceed at a normal pace. Even if it is removed from sol, some states will continue to sponsor it.. At worst, you'll get 190.. So you're fine... And yes, your first order of business should be to draft your cdr and submit for Assessment with that ielts 6.5 ... And book another test for maximum English points... Cheers
ok. but i have 3yrs experiences in mechanical engineering safety. however i will be easy like you said, please can i get any cdr format or the one i can use?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 4:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
Adewakeup1:
Thanks.

Laidera is very okay. I took mine there and have had some other exam there likewise.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 6:11pm On Mar 22, 2017
bellong:
@Sylokobi,

Only South Australia sponsors financial investment adviser and you must have 75 points to be nominated as it is on special conditions.

Customer service manager is also on special conditions and only on 489 visa.

If you think you can meet up to 75 points, you can go ahead with the assessment.

If you are married, your husband can be the principal applicant if he has his occupation n the list.
Hi My brother is currently on 55 points As an analyst programmer and He intend to use State nomination NSW to be precise. He want to know if He stand a chance to be invited since its clearly stated on the NSW site that the high ranking score will be invited first. Want to Know if He should still apply that way.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 22, 2017
Please is it possible for an occupation to go from special conditions to many low availability? SA recently moved corporate service manager from medium to special conditions. Is there a possibility it goes to low? Also what is the differene btw special condition and supplementary list for S.A.. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Adewakeup1(m): 10:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
Thanks

bolaobby:

Laidera is very okay. I took mine there and have had some other exam there likewise.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:39pm On Mar 22, 2017
Kingbukaz:
Hi My brother is currently on 55 points As an analyst programmer and He intend to use State nomination NSW to be precise. He want to know if He stand a chance to be invited since its clearly stated on the NSW site that the high ranking score will be invited first. Want to Know if He should still apply that way.

Has he done his assessment?

He can try to increase his points by writing the English test again to get 20 points.

Yes, people are invited on score basis, and first register basis if same score applicants. He should still put in his application for it and also check any other state sponsoring his occupation.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:42pm On Mar 22, 2017
emeify:
Please is it possible for an occupation to go from special conditions to many low availability? SA recently moved corporate service manager from medium to special conditions. Is there a possibility it goes to low? Also what is the differene btw special condition and supplementary list for S.A.. Thanks

Once it is on special conditions, it can't go back to availability list except there is a huge shortage of the occupation in the state. Aside for medical and health related occupations, I don't think SA has paucity of occupations.

What do you mean by supplementary list?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iykedancastro(m): 11:47pm On Mar 22, 2017
CJFLEX:

ok. but i have 3yrs experiences in mechanical engineering safety. however i will be easy like you said, please can i get any cdr format or the one i can use?

You can claim 3 years experience if your job role aligns with that stipulated on ANZSCO code for Mech. I understand your situation as am a Mech Engr too awaiting assessment result, but like Bnimz advised, do what you can and be optimistic that the economy will deem mechanical a required occupation come July.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by idivvy: 4:09am On Mar 23, 2017
Hi I am applying for Vetassess to get assessed as a Primary Health Organisation Manager. i have a MSc Degree from the UK in Biomedical Science and have 5 yrs related experience in India.

For employement proof I have letters from my employer, payslips, bank statements etc.. I have my tax certificate, where my tax is paid individually and not by my company.. My company is a trust based research startup so they dont do Tax deductions at source and let employees pay their own taxes..

My question is will these documents be enough and how does Vetassess assess my degree as related to profession I have selected on the SOL?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by caon: 8:03am On Mar 23, 2017
@All,goodmorning,pls I hav a diploma in accounting n also have a certificate in fashion designing,can I get a PR wit my fashion designing certificate as I also have some experieince in it.tank u
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 10:50am On Mar 23, 2017
Congrats bro, Best Wishes here on.

Vinsmuft:
Yes!!!

27 Sept 2013 Had to bust the whole Aussie hustle cos wifey was not keen on moving to Australia undecided

17 Mar 2017 Direct Grant received for subclass 189!!

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 10:52am On Mar 23, 2017
Present mam.
Never knew you've added music to comedy; multi talented...

mamajaz:
Answer my callooo x60, emi naa fe gba English bnimz ati mctowel01 o

Wey my band members @ sunvick, alphadoor, Utcheylee, catchwind, jukeblam, nkechima @everybody.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2017
Good morning house.

Please can you do me a favor Oga bellong and all other seniors in Australia? I have to apply for informal review of my EA outcome in the next few days and it requires I post the application with a bank draft in Aud.

1) Banks said they don't raise draft in Aud but USD so I can't make such payments from here.

2) Post offices I've gone to said they can't meet the deadline.

Please can anyone help me raise the draft and post the form to EA within Australia? I could pay the $A286 in naira or transfer the money to the person.

Please it's urgent... Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2017
idivvy:
Hi I am applying for Vetassess to get assessed as a Primary Health Organisation Manager. i have a MSc Degree from the UK in Biomedical Science and have 5 yrs related experience in India.

For employement proof I have letters from my employer, payslips, bank statements etc.. I have my tax certificate, where my tax is paid individually and not by my company.. My company is a trust based research startup so they dont do Tax deductions at source and let employees pay their own taxes..

My question is will these documents be enough and how does Vetassess assess my degree as related to profession I have selected on the SOL?
You musn't provide tax, payslips slips shouls suffice, and for vetassess it is very important for your occupation to be closely related with what you studied. You can check the SOL?CSOL list to be sure that what you want to apply for is closely related with what you studied and what you are currently practicing.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 23, 2017
bellong:

Once it is on special conditions, it can't go back to availability list except there is a huge shortage of the occupation in the state. Aside for medical and health related occupations, I don't think SA has paucity of occupations.

What do you mean by supplementary list?

There is a supplementary list for SA for which corporate services manager is not among.
When I inquired of them, they said the occupation has not yet been moved to the supplementary
list. So from history, is there a possibility that more states will sponsor the occupation in future?
I guess what I am asking is that do states that dont previously sponsor an occupation start sponsoring it later?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yinlak: 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2017
@all, I am getting worried now, submitted visa 189 application since June 2016. Status still shows assessment in progress. Anybody ever had to wait this long and visa granted?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by CJFLEX: 1:19pm On Mar 23, 2017
iykedancastro:

You can claim 3 years experience if your job role aligns with that stipulated on ANZSCO code for Mech. I understand your situation as am a Mech Engr too awaiting assessment result, but like Bnimz advised, do what you can and be optimistic that the economy will deem mechanical a required occupation come July.
bro please send mre the cdr and the process if possible thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.