Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204167 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 4:26am On Apr 29, 2017
UzorSteve:
I just registered for the engineering assessment on their assessment website.

Hope am on track?
I believe you are. Is your status saying 'queued for assessment'? Then you are on track. Wait some weeks, by then it would have been assigned to an assessor.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 4:57am On Apr 29, 2017
bellong:

A sample copy of the declaration is attached on the opening page

Thank you.

I will do as you have advised. I will get the bank statement from my bank. Should the bank statement only contained salaries paid into the account by my employer alone during my period of employment and any other transactions made on the account during this period?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jbelieve: 5:02am On Apr 29, 2017
Please if I can't obtain employment reference from my employer what can i do?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Phlunter01: 7:04am On Apr 29, 2017
bellong:

It has been quite a while you started. What stage are you now?

Thank you for your concern bro. Well, after I bagged my 20 pts from English, I lodged my assessment application with vetassess October 17 2016. The day after I applied for my transcript to be couriered the university went on strike so I tried to appeal to vetassess but they insisted on waiting for the original transcript from school which eventually got to them Feb 13 2017 and since then the assessment has been in progress. So here I am waiting patiently on God. I don't even want to claim work experience points bit each time I contact them they say investigation is still ongoing for employment.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 29, 2017
Congrats @ meter cube # all the best

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lakola: 9:29am On Apr 29, 2017
Good morning people, please how big is the agriculture field in Australia particularly the livestock field. Are there jobs. Pls I will appreciate replies from gurus in Australia or anybody with relevant info
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 10:10am On Apr 29, 2017
metrecube:

Thanks bro. Vetassess na one way traffic. U have to give dem exactly wat dey want. I just discovered that our occupations are related. I will pm U.

you are welcome
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 10:48am On Apr 29, 2017
shineforth:
Hello Mr belong & everyone... trust u all doing great... been an off and on person on this thread as I feel its a cumbersome process back then which requires a lot of finances to make it become reality. oh well I chickened out back then because I had no funds to carry on this process and no job experience per say.. but with the Glory of God, I have some lil work experience teaching @ a college in South Africa (2years & 2months)... I recently did a free evaluation with delta immigration to peruse my chances of making the required points for my desired subclass i.e 189 but it seems I might in reality be short of points from the evaluation which is 60points... this is a breakdown of my points

N.B my assessing body is AITSL for skilled occupation SEC SCH TEACHER

Age - 30points
Qualifications - 15
IELTS in view - realistically as an objective person from all studies on many forum I feel I can only make 10points on this. ALSO CONSIDERING MY PRACTICE RESULTS THAT I HAVE DONE... having a band of 8(superior English) in all bands to get 20points might be tough one so I already realistically scored myself (10 points)
Experience : 0 points

TOTAL= 55POINTS

pls my query to everyone with suggestions is this.... the agency where I did a free evaluation put something in perspective for me i.e I might be able to get 5points for work experience in 10months time having just worked for 2years and 2months as at now. but the reality is I have a one year experience from NYSC when I did my nysc, teaching in a secondary school but as we all know I don't have a concrete evidence to show for this asides my NYSC certificate which does not even indicate my place of primary assignment.

If you really did do the NYSC (I'm not saying that you didn't), go there, meet the principal, if you are lucky they wont ask you to wet their pockets, you might even type the letter you want and give them to sign, as long as you worked there, I believe they'll help.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 10:54am On Apr 29, 2017
Congratulations!
metrecube:
Vetassess finally responded positively yesterday.
Lodged date: 20/02/2017
Positive outcome: 26/04/2017
Date deemed skilled: 05/2012
A year was removed from my 6 years experience. I can claim 10 points from experience by next month.
Im getting there by His Grace.

Thanks to Bellong and others for this great platform.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 11:07am On Apr 29, 2017
Kingbukaz:
Good morning Family,

I intended to nominate Human Resource adviser unfortunately it was removed from the list. I have been researching cuz I do not intend to give up on this dream. I have b. SC in public administration and I did some courses like :

Intro to philosophy
Intro to psychology
Conflict resolution
Social change and problems
Intro to sociology
Rural and community development
Project planning and implementation
Govt and administration of urban system
Public personal administration
Development administration
Social and welfare administration
Public budgeting system... Etc

As a result of the above, I intend to nominate Community worker. I have a relation that runs an NGO in this area, worked with him briefly after NYSC before getting employment in HR. I can be able to provide evidence of employment in line with the job description. Family, do you think the courses/ degree mentioned above can be positively assessed for Community worker? Please, help a brother. Oga belong and other gurus in the house. God bless you all.
The tasks for community worker does seem close to the courses you mentioned. Be sure that the NGO is registered and recognized, vetassess requested for the company incorporation documents of the company I worked with. To be safe though you can pay for the skills assessment support to give you an idea if your course matches the occupation (looks like it does).
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 11:07am On Apr 29, 2017
@Kingbukaz,

Depends on the assessing body and number of years of experience in lieu of qualification required.

Read the requirements of the assessing authority on their website.[/quote]

Above is oga bellong's response. Below is what I got from Vetassess website

Community Worker (ANZSCO Code 411711)

This occupation requires a qualification assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Diploma, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years in a field which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If employment is not post-qualification, then three additional years of highly relevant employment are required.

If the qualification is not in a highly relevant field, two years of employment at an appropriate skill level, completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation is required. This is reduced to one year if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Certificate IV level in a highly relevant field.

A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome.

My question is, even if my qualification is considered not Highly relevant in thE nominated occupation putting in mind what it says about it, can it fly? Please house, has anybody been assesses by vetassess in this circumstances? Please I need you guys to all join me and analyze my situation. We are many with b. SC in public administration here so we will know if we can choose this occupation.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 11:13am On Apr 29, 2017
Kingbukaz:

@Kingbukaz,

My question is, even if my qualification is considered not Highly relevant in thE nominated occupation putting in mind what it says about it, can it fly? Please house, has anybody been assesses by vetassess in this circumstances? Please I need you guys to all join me and analyze my situation. We are many with b. SC in public administration here so we will know if we can choose this occupation.

The assessing body is vetasses and to get a positive assessment your qualifications must be highly relevant to the nominated occupation.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 11:17am On Apr 29, 2017
chidike:

The tasks for community worker does seem close to the courses you mentioned. Be sure that the NGO is registered and recognized, vetassess requested for the company incorporation documents of the company I worked with. To be safe though you can pay for the skills assessment support to give you an idea if your course matches the occupation (looks like it does).

Thanks bros for your response. The company is registered but being recognized I do not know what you mean(like a international NGO)? I can provide the company incorporation.

Please.,how much is vetassess skill assessment support fees?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 1:19pm On Apr 29, 2017
Bnimz:
ACS guys, I just dey wonder,, if someone assesses a Certification like CCNP or Mcse or something,, is the work experience (2 years) still required?

CCNP... Yes (All tracks) with relevant 6 yrs experience

MSCE... yes.. with relevant 6 yrs experience
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 1:33pm On Apr 29, 2017
Kingbukaz:

Thanks bros for your response. The company is registered but being recognized I do not know what you mean(like a international NGO)? I can provide the company incorporation.

Please.,how much is vetassess skill assessment support fees?

Check their website
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 1:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
Alphadoor:
Yes
Mehn, I thank God for EA o... These work experience requirements from other assessing bodies just shut door on so many of my guys sha

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by EVERCUTE(m): 2:04pm On Apr 29, 2017
Can anyone advise me on how I can process a police clearance(legislated by ministry of foreign affairs) for Russian permanent residency. Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
Bnimz:
Mehn, I thank God for EA o... These work experience requirements from other assessing bodies just shut door on so many of my guys sha
A friend did EA fast track.. it's 32 days already
.. no result.. is this normal
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Royal54(m): 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2017
Good day E-fam, kindly allay my fears. I'm on queue for 189 and my DOE which was initially 7th December 2016 changed to 4th April 2017 which is my date of birth without any change in the points. Hope I won't be drawn back on the queue and which of the 2 dates will be used for the skill select draw?

Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ogbevireo(m): 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
Alphadoor:

CCNP... Yes (All tracks) with relevant 6 yrs experience

MSCE... yes.. with relevant 6 yrs experience

This applies to those who do not have a degree with adequate computing - without a computer major, right?

@Alphadoor
What do you think are my chances with the following details:
Degree with non computing components - 2006.

Work as a Systems/Network Administrator, Helpdesk personnel - 2008 to date.

Certifications: Comptia A+ & CCNA (both are not on ACS list) - 2016
CCNP R&S - 2017

What do you think will be the result as regards years of experience from ACS?

Thanks for looking through.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 5:13pm On Apr 29, 2017
Alphadoor:

A friend did EA fast track.. it's 32 days already
.. no result.. is this normal
Very normal. the waiting time is now about 26working days. Expect it in typically 34-40 normal days
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 5:17pm On Apr 29, 2017
Royal54:
Good day E-fam, kindly allay my fears. I'm on queue for 189 and my DOE which was initially 7th December 2016 changed to 4th April 2017 which is my date of birth without any change in the points. Hope I won't be drawn back on the queue and which of the 2 dates will be used for the skill select draw?

Thank you.
It won't man. The exact thing happened to me and I was also worried like you. Be calm, I believe the doe on the main page is still 7th December, but when you download the pdf points breakdown, it becomes your date of birth. The doe on the homepage is the main one. I ve been invited and my doe was the original one, not my birthdate.
What occupation btw?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 5:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
ogbevireo:

This applies to those who do not have a degree with adequate computing - without a computer major, right?

@Alphadoor
What do you think are my chances with the following details:
Degree with non computing components - 2006.

Work as a Systems/Network Administrator, Helpdesk personnel - 2008 to date.

Certifications: Comptia A+ & CCNA (both are not on ACS list) - 2016
CCNP R&S - 2017

What do you think will be the result as regards years of experience from ACS?

Thanks for looking through.

2008 till date is about 9yrs....
Your BSC will be assessed as AQF diploma non ICT,

6 yrs Will be deducted as the skilled met date,...

If what's left is more than 3yrs....

U can claim 5pts for experience..

You will probably get +ve outcome , just package your JD inline with the anzsco
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2017
EVERCUTE:
Russian permanent residency..
Russia?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Royal54(m): 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
mctowel01:

It won't man. The exact thing happened to me and I was also worried like you. Be calm, I believe the doe on the main page is still 7th December, but when you download the pdf points breakdown, it becomes your date of birth. The doe on the homepage is the main one. I ve been invited and my doe was the original one, not my birthdate.
What occupation btw?

@ Mctowel01,

Thanks so much, you got the picture right.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ogbevireo(m): 7:10pm On Apr 29, 2017
Alphadoor:

2008 till date is about 9yrs....
Your BSC will be assessed as AQF diploma non ICT,

6 yrs Will be deducted as the skilled met date,...

If what's left is more than 3yrs....

U can claim 5pts for experience..

You will probably get +ve outcome , just package your JD inline with the anzsco

Thank you sir.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 1:12am On Apr 30, 2017
Hello house,
I have a friend on another forum who has a peculiar problem. He used one EOI to apply for both 189 and 190 visas. His date of effect was sometime in March 2017 with 65 points. For the visa 190, he selected All States rather than specifying a particular state. The problem now is that as at the last draw, the Date of Effect for his occupation and number of points is now in April meaning that his EOI was skipped as he did not receive an ITA.
My advice to him was that since he used one EOI for both 189 and 190, it's possible that he already has an ITA for 190 and that must have deactivated the EOI which could be the reason why his EOI was skipped. However, he has checked all his mails and did not see any ITA for 190.

My questions:
1. Could it be because he selected All States in his 190 EOI that he did not receive any ITA for a particular state? What are the pros and cons of selecting All States rather than a specific state?
2. What could be the reason why his 189 EOI was skipped? Should he contact DIBP on this? Or what else can he do?

All contributions are welcome pls.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 5:24am On Apr 30, 2017
To the best of my knowledge, No state invites someone who hasn't specifically selected them.., so ya, I think selecting All states practically renders the EOI useless.

No, he can't receive an ITA without knowing. If the email failed to enter, it would still be on his skillselect page.

Is he sure he hasn't lost points somewhere? Probably a birthday at the edge, like 32 changing to 33? ... That could be an explanation... Somehow, his DOE must have changed
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 6:46am On Apr 30, 2017
Vinsmuft:
Hello house,
2. What could be the reason why his 189 EOI was skipped? Should he contact DIBP on this? Or what else can he do?

All contributions are welcome pls.

Thanks
You ve not mentioned the occupation, so its difficult to tell why the occupation was skipped. Remember that all prorata occupations have been filled for the 2016/2017 program year. Moreover, he cannot get 190 invite unless he has already been nominated by the state through an email, then subsequently applying with the necessary documentation, which he must have been aware of.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 7:03am On Apr 30, 2017
mctowel01:

You ve not mentioned the occupation, so its difficult to tell why the occupation was skipped. Remember that all prorata occupations have been filled for the 2016/2017 program year. Moreover, he cannot get 190 invite unless he has already been nominated by the state through an email, then subsequently applying with the necessary documentation, which he must have been aware of.

His occupation is Software Engineer and yes the quota has already been filled up. However as at the last draw, there were still some slots available.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 7:06am On Apr 30, 2017
Bnimz:
To the best of my knowledge, No state invites someone who hasn't specifically selected them.., so ya, I think selecting All states practically renders the EOI useless.

No, he can't receive an ITA without knowing. If the email failed to enter, it would still be on his skillselect page.

Is he sure he hasn't lost points somewhere? Probably a birthday at the edge, like 32 changing to 33? ... That could be an explanation... Somehow, his DOE must have changed

Thanks for your response. This looks like a plausible explanation because it is actually quite strange that one's EOI would be skipped. I'll get back to this guy to confirm very well his DOE.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 7:14am On Apr 30, 2017
Bnimz:

When I received ITA for visa 190 for NSW, it didn't show at all on my Skillselect. It was only an email that NSW sent to me that made me aware. I guess it's only 189 ITAs that show on Skillselect.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.