Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,961 members, 7,799,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1201647 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by NNBB2012: 3:13am On May 22, 2017
Changed to 189 Visas - Reduction in Age Ceiling - Pathway for New Zealand Citizens

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L00549

The Australian Government is making changes to the Skilled Independent subclass 189 visa from the 1st of July 2017:
Two separate pathways or "streams" will be available: a Points Tested Stream, and a New Zealand Citizen Stream.
The maximum age permitted to apply for a subclass 189 visa under the Points Tested Stream will be 44 - ie applicants must be aged under 45 when the invitation to apply for the visa is issued by the Department of Immigration.
The New Zealand Citizen Stream will facilitate New Zealand citizens who are already resident in and contributing to Australia to become permanent residents.
More specifically, the New Zealand Citizen Stream will be available to New Zealand citizens who:
Were usually resident in Australia on or before 19 February 2016; and
Since that time have continued to be usually resident in Australia for at least five years before applying for the visa; and
Have been contributing to Australia by earning a certain level of taxable income; and
Meet mandatory health, character and security criteria.
For New Zealand Citizen Stream applicants the total amount of the Visa Application Charge (VAC) payable to the Department of Immigration will be consistent with the VACs for the general skilled migration programme.

However, concessional arrangements have been introduced to the New Zealand Citizen Stream, whereby 20 per cent of the VAC will be payable at the time of lodging the visa application, with the remainder of the VAC to be paid before the visa is granted.

For Points Tested Stream applicants the reduction in the maximum age requirement will only impact those applicants who are invited to apply on or after the 1st of July, 2017, or who been issued with a visa invitation before the 1st of July, 2017 and who have not accepted the invitation at that date.
Copied#

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 4:54am On May 22, 2017
No worries mate!

Yes a reference letter should be enough if you're putting it in as Internship.
For NYSC, please attach your discharge certificate in addition to the reference letter.

Regards.

Cottyekundayo:

Thanks for your contribution. I am in touch with some engineers at the ministry already. Do you reckon a reference letter will be sufficient as evidence yh?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alucoboard1: 7:13am On May 22, 2017
NNBB2012:
Changed to 189 Visas - Reduction in Age Ceiling - Pathway for New Zealand Citizens

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L00549

The Australian Government is making changes to the Skilled Independent subclass 189 visa from the 1st of July 2017:
Two separate pathways or "streams" will be available: a Points Tested Stream, and a New Zealand Citizen Stream.
The maximum age permitted to apply for a subclass 189 visa under the Points Tested Stream will be 44 - ie applicants must be aged under 45 when the invitation to apply for the visa is issued by the Department of Immigration.
The New Zealand Citizen Stream will facilitate New Zealand citizens who are already resident in and contributing to Australia to become permanent residents.
More specifically, the New Zealand Citizen Stream will be available to New Zealand citizens who:
Were usually resident in Australia on or before 19 February 2016; and
Since that time have continued to be usually resident in Australia for at least five years before applying for the visa; and
Have been contributing to Australia by earning a certain level of taxable income; and
Meet mandatory health, character and security criteria.
For New Zealand Citizen Stream applicants the total amount of the Visa Application Charge (VAC) payable to the Department of Immigration will be consistent with the VACs for the general skilled migration programme.

However, concessional arrangements have been introduced to the New Zealand Citizen Stream, whereby 20 per cent of the VAC will be payable at the time of lodging the visa application, with the remainder of the VAC to be paid before the visa is granted.

For Points Tested Stream applicants the reduction in the maximum age requirement will only impact those applicants who are invited to apply on or after the 1st of July, 2017, or who been issued with a visa invitation before the 1st of July, 2017 and who have not accepted the invitation at that date.
Copied#

Nice update
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 7:38am On May 22, 2017
Bnimz:
You no miss am o. Na here I dey, just siddown dey look dem since February 14th... But nothing spoil, we've seen longer grants embarassed

And you've not been contacted by any CO? Well I believe the grant wanno land in Grand style cool
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 7:49am On May 22, 2017
bellong:

You are better off buying return ticket without IOM. Buying each way will result to penny wise pounds foolish.

One way ticket is usually very expensive. If you get a deal with IOM for the go, adding the cost of the back ticket will be way more than buying the return direct.

When are you traveling? I can ask a travel agent friend if possible you can get a good return ticket deal.

@All,

According to the Immigration minister yesterday, the occupation lists will be reviewed again in July. There is probability of removing or adding occupations.

Fingers crossed.

Oops@bolded

As regards the ticketing ish, will he still be able to get another one-way ticket after his return to naija when he eventually wants to move finally?
Thats one reason I suggested one way from naija, then return ticket from Oz if he know when he is finally making the move. Just saying
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 7:52am On May 22, 2017
Has anyone assessed recently with EA, pls what is the current turnaround time for fast tracked apps?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:51am On May 22, 2017
jayooh:

Oops@bolded

As regards the ticketing ish, will he still be able to get another one-way ticket after his return to naija when he eventually wants to move finally?

Sure he can.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 9:08am On May 22, 2017
jayooh:

And you've not been contacted by any CO?
There was co contact on Feb 28th. Since then, radio silence.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 9:12am On May 22, 2017
bellong:

Sure he can.

OK then. Your opinion on the initial return ticket is welcomed.

@Chidike, pls do go with Bellong's advice as it look viable evonomically
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 9:13am On May 22, 2017
Bnimz:
There was co contact on Feb 28th. Since then, radio silence.

No shiii, grant about to land in grand style.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kMan2204(m): 11:13am On May 22, 2017
majiouk2002:

I have sent the report to your email sir.
I am grateful. Thanks so much
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 11:20am On May 22, 2017
Ok folks,

Been itching to come around and drop my memoir. It's been quite a while isn't it? Will be 2 months old in Sydney, Australia in a few days time. I missed you guys no be small

Same same story with medicare, centrelink and Tax file number. Tyosho did justice to those already.

Well, as planned, we hit the Aussie's ground running. Got white card within 3 days of arrival and a forklift license within 2 weeks. On the side I kept applying for the pro job. I got a Forklift job immediately I got the license and the pay wasn't bad for someone who just arrived. Turns out if you want to get a job on time, you do not only push out your CV but also call the advertising agencies to follow up on your application. More often than not, I got to secure interviews with recruiters I called up after applications.

Accomodation is story for another day, but in the end, God win and devil lost...lolzz. I'll advise those coming to start hunting as soon as they arrive so they don't fall under intense pressure like I did to get a place. It's not mere gainsaying that you must come with enough money so you can get what you want without sweat. Real estate agents give preference to people with:

1. Good rental history (sorry, your Akowonjo or Okokomaiko rent does not count)
2. Enough payslips to show you have a job (so for house rent sake, don't mind picking up any ok job as soon as u land as the payslip will work wonders for u)
3. Fat account balance (like one month of average wage sha)

House rent in Sydney is not cheap, but at the same time, it's all about location and individual preferences. So it's hard to a 1 bedder goes for this or a 2 bedder goes for that. But all I can say is that, Sydney hourly rates will definitely pay your bills if you are not lazy or unnecessarily choosy.

Agents usually organise general inspections for properties they are letting out. Na there you go see crowd wey come check house. There is a tendency for you to lose the house to some other people who have better credentials than you do (JJC). The secret here is to call the agents ahead of the inspection days and request for a private look and feel of the place not forgetting to mention how serious you are in getting the place. At least, that's how I eventually got my place after more than 3 weeks of fruitless house hunt.

It's good to get a car for job and domestic purposes. But I advise you get from a dealership where you can cause trouble if your car coughs.
The story about getting a car for job purposes is not one size fits all. Within 2 months I have worked in 3 places, 2 of which requires a car.

I failed my first driving license test (didn't have time to prepare for it well, was busy making money...lolzz and looking for house too sha). You must be more than prepared to leave behind you the insanity of Lagos driving and become a born again driver. Use a drivign instructor ahead of your test and pay attention to traffic signs and other details. Enjoy your 3 months of naija license while it lasts.

Happy to say I'm on my first professional job and I have every reason to be thankful to God and to friends that helped make my journey so far as smooth as possible: Bellong, Ibiyemiara, Iceberg54 and Bnimz.

Now that I'm settling down better than ever, I hope to be here on the forum make we dey gist like before.

Love you guys!!!!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by crispgg: 11:31am On May 22, 2017
I need some information on the Aussie PR application especially in relation to the finances required to go through the process.

I noticed that there is no requirement to show proof of funds available to sponsor yourself and your family in the document checklist. Could anyone please confirm if this is the case or I missed the information somewhere?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 12:06pm On May 22, 2017
jamson:
Ok folks,

Been itching to come around and drop my memoir. It's been quite a while isn't it? Will be 2 months old in Sydney, Australia in a few days time. I missed you guys no be small

Thanks for the info. It will surely help when the time comes.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 12:07pm On May 22, 2017
crispgg:
I need some information on the Aussie PR application especially in relation to the finances required to go through the process.

I noticed that there is no requirement to show proof of funds available to sponsor yourself and your family in the document checklist. Could anyone please confirm if this is the case or I missed the information somewhere?

You have seen right. 189 does not require proof of fund

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bensky: 2:07pm On May 22, 2017
Hello Guru's in the house Good Afteroon,

Please have anyone who read Geography & environmental management successfully gone through Skilled migration process and what course did they choose from the occupation list as i'm having issues with it . I haven't really worked with my course of study apart from my industrial training experience with NNPC. But almost eight years experience from Admin,and sales job.

So My questions will be:

1. After the occupation identified, what should the next process be.

Please i would appreciate a detailed step by step procedure please.

Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 3:35pm On May 22, 2017
jamson:
Ok folks,

Same same story with medicare, ce

Love you guys!!!!

Notes updated.

Thank you sir.

God Bless you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 3:37pm On May 22, 2017
bensky:
Hello Guru's in the house Good Afteroon,

Please have anyone who read Geography & environmental management successfully gone through Skilled migration process and what course did they choose from the occupation list as i'm having issues with it . I haven't really worked with my course of study apart from my industrial training experience with NNPC. But almost eight years experience from Admin,and sales job.

So My questions will be:

1. After the occupation identified, what should the next process be.

Please i would appreciate a detailed step by step procedure please.

Thank you

Next is Skills Assessment

Kindly refer to page 0 to 5 for more details.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 4:13pm On May 22, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
No worries mate!

Yes a reference letter should be enough if you're putting it in as Internship.
For NYSC, please attach your discharge certificate in addition to the reference letter.

Regards.

My contacts are already acting fuzzy for unknown reasons... I have resorted to downgrading the episode to an internship during industrial action by ASUU.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 4:29pm On May 22, 2017
Please House, who has ever used Tax Identification Card in place of tax certificate or tax clearance or Pension Statement of Account for EA's assessment and got a positive result?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 4:53pm On May 22, 2017
jayooh:
Has anyone assessed recently with EA, pls what is the current turnaround time for fast tracked apps?
26 working days according to website. When did you apply?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mijac: 5:29pm On May 22, 2017
[quote author=jamson post=56761782]Ok folks,

Thanks for d update. Really appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 7:51pm On May 22, 2017
Chief Jamson... nice one. more grease to your elbow

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kempguy47: 8:01pm On May 22, 2017
Hello guys,

Finally landed in Melbourne with Wiffey. The journey was very very long but quite interesting . Used Emirates and had 2 stop overs. One in Dubai and another at Singapore. (Tho the stop over at Singapore was quite short. Just to drop off some passengers and pick up some others).

Just like vinsmoft said, we were received by some IOM staffs at Dubai who helped us to locate our boarding gate for the connecting flight to Melbourne ( not like we couldn't) and also ensured that we boarded the plane successfully. However unlike Vinsmoft case, we were not hosted in any all expense paid Lounge with buffet. The guy just showed us where to sit till our flight was ready and he disappeared. We were actually looking forward to the all expenses paid lounge but ... grin

The immigration checks was without hassles. Filled in the entry card and declared all the food stuff we were carrying. The immigration office just asked us some few questions about the food stuffs and just stamped our cards. Our bags were not even checked.

For accommodation, we are temporarily putting up with a family friend and looking to get our own soonest like ASAP. So please any one in Melbourne who can lease out a room to us while we share the bills, please hit me up. We are more than willing and able...

For job, I am currently looking to get a white card within this week so as to pick up some temporary job, while still hustling to get the professional ones. Will update you guys with the outcome..

We already registered for TFN. Will get it in 28 days time. We will open bank accounts within today and also register for Medicare and center link.

That's all for now, will update the house subsequently as things goes...

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 8:07pm On May 22, 2017
@Kempguy47,
You can check flatmates.com.au for shared accommodation.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by junebaby: 9:53pm On May 22, 2017
Good day every one,

I recently stumped on this thread and I have been overwhelmed by the wealth of information here. I have started reading from page 0 and currently on 60, however I have been itching to find out more on this alternative route for medical doctors.

@bellong I would appreciate your help and everyone else. We are considering our options, since my occupation choices are limited or limiting we are hoping to push for my husband to be the principal applicant. Kindly help a sister.

Thank you

bellong:

How long have you been practising?

The process is long but very profitable for medical practitioners. You need to pass the medical examination set by the medical board. The exam is in two stages. I think South Africa and Egypt are the only centres you can write it in Africa.

Meanwhile, there is a possible pathway for medical practitioners for those with at least three years of experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 11:19pm On May 22, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

26 working days according to website. When did you apply?

Yet to apply . Just preparing my short term plan
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:40am On May 23, 2017
@junebaby,

What is your qualification and occupation?

How long has your husband been practising medicine?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by junebaby: 3:18am On May 23, 2017
@ Bellong

thank you for your prompt response. My qualifications: bsc economics 2006, mba executive 2015, diploma in accounting (not such which year acca will state on my certificate cos I qualified for the diploma 2years back or so but just going to file for the certificate this year). I have 8 years banking experience mostly in customer services in bank a, 7 months in bank b as a marketing executive, nysc in an ngo.

He has been practising for 12 years all together, has msc from UK.

Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sen2paco: 3:33am On May 23, 2017
Gurus in the house,

I managed to get a negative outcome from vetassess.. undecidedoccupation agricultural .scientist....reason they gave: work experience not relevant...im just confused coz im my opinion, it is relevant as i worked in a farm as an animal scientist......qualification is relevant. Please what do you think i should do next?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 5:42am On May 23, 2017
sen2paco:
Gurus in the house,

I managed to get a negative outcome from vetassess.. undecidedoccupation agricultural .scientist....reason they gave: work experience not relevant...im just confused coz im my opinion, it is relevant as i worked in a farm as an animal scientist......qualification is relevant. Please what do you think i should do next?

Actually, you should have nominated agricultural consultant. Repackage the assessment for it.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sen2paco: 6:00am On May 23, 2017
thanks for your response.
bellong:

Actually, you should have nominated agricultural consultant. Repackage the assessment for it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.