Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,895 members, 7,806,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1203612 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 12:10am On Jul 19, 2017
Omooloriredade:

After your first degree, did you attend any conferences, courses, seminars, training (within or outside your organization), professional society workshops etc? Them follow for "continuous professional development" o.
Unfortunately, I did nothing of such. I'm no so much of a seminar /conference person
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 12:14am On Jul 19, 2017
Cottyekundayo:
cpd = continuous professional development. Means how you have continued to develop yourself since the end of your degree. Cpd includes and not limited to engineering seminars or workshops you have attended, conferences, book, journals etc that you have read, even software training, private study, post-grad study.. etc NA cpd. refer to MSA booklet for more information

OK thanks. I can remember once scoping one nmgs seminar but not full participation. Have some of their magazines and journals too.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 12:18am On Jul 19, 2017
Omooloriredade:

Exactly!
@jayooh
You might not be asked to prove your CPD except it appears spurious. I didn't attach any document to backup my CPD but I guess One or two could have been confirmed online.
[b]But please no magomago [/b]o. EA assessment is usually easy-peasy.

Edit: Title/Topic, institution name, date and certificate/diploma earned should be listed where applicable.
Im uninterested in the bolder and it's axiomatic.
You've all deviated from my questions which are:
**will my 2 employment be sufficient for cod or that's a red flag
***secondly, if I do use these, will EA then go ahead to verify the employments eventhough I don't wish to assess experience?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 1:48am On Jul 19, 2017
jayooh:

***secondly, if I do use these, will EA then go ahead to verify the employments eventhough I don't wish to assess experience?
Read EA MSA booklet. Employment is not CPD!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 1:51am On Jul 19, 2017
jayooh:

Unfortunately, I did nothing of such. I'm no so much of a seminar /conference person
This one is funny Sha. They won't teach us to attend seminar/conference in school. At the end it comes to what you want for yourself. These conferences and seminars are vital to professional development and networking, irrespective of whether you are a church person or nightclub person. It isn't too late though.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Phlunter01: 6:51am On Jul 19, 2017
Good morning/evening E-fam, Please if you have dollars for sale kindly signify. I need to purchase smiley
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by junebaby: 7:16am On Jul 19, 2017
Good morning all
Please what is the he pro and cons of this visa 489?

2.Also when you want to apply for permanent residency it says you need to be in full time employment for 12 months and stay in area for 2 years.

Do you have to be employed in the same field that you applied for the visa ( Your skills that you was assesed) or can you do any job

3.Do kids have to pay international school fees

4. IF wife works for 12 months can this satisfy the visa condition for 12 months employment for permanent visa application and live for 2 years in area and then apply for PR although I was the main applicant for visa?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 7:58am On Jul 19, 2017
buzu84:

Please I tried sending you a PM but don't think you got it. Can you contact me...I'm interested in the PTE mock test.

afolaseg Please I'm aslo insterested in the PTE mock test. Whats the procedure?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by majiouk2002: 8:22am On Jul 19, 2017
Phlunter01:
Good morning/evening E-fam, Please if you have dollars for sale kindly signify. I need to purchase smiley

How much $ do you want and at what rate are you will to buy?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Phlunter01: 8:42am On Jul 19, 2017
majiouk2002:

How much $ do you want and at what rate are you will to buy?
let me send a pm
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bellacious: 8:44am On Jul 19, 2017
junebaby:
Good morning all
Please what is the he pro and cons of this visa 489?

2.Also when you want to apply for permanent residency it says you need to be in full time employment for 12 months and stay in area for 2 years.

Do you have to be employed in the same field that you applied for the visa ( Your skills that you was assesed) or can you do any job

3.Do kids have to pay international school fees

4. IF wife works for 12 months can this satisfy the visa condition for 12 months employment for permanent visa application and live for 2 years in area and then apply for PR although I was the main applicant for visa?

Well let me share the little I know.
1)For the pros, its a 4 yrs visa that allows u to apply for PR after 2yrs if the condition are fulfilled, u can get a permanent job,u get 10 points from the state if u don't meet d required points. Cons: u have to pay for ur Medicare and u do not get any government benefits, if u 're to School, u will have to pay the international rate, in some states u are only limited to designated regional areas.
2)No u must not work in that field but u have to be in a paid employment. I have someone who never worked in his nominated field for one day(on 489 visa) and still got his PR.
3)I learnt that children do not have to pay international rates(Not so sure)
4)I also learnt its possible, if ur spouse fulfils that condition then she will be the one to apply for 887 for the family.
The above stated may not all be correct. Gurus in the house will throw more light on it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 9:19am On Jul 19, 2017
@bellacious, if 489 is just as you've explained up here, then it is still cool. Anyway, lemme wait for oloriebi ( chief bellong), pastor Bnimz, prophet Jamson and dem koomi de koowa to come an kontinu the explanation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mummyife(f): 9:27am On Jul 19, 2017
lawland:
I now have access to Nigeria Education profile... Had to pay $50 for it. Well, Unizik is section 2 university.

I can advise what your qualification is equivalent to if anyone needs the service.

pls what about University of Uyo?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 9:48am On Jul 19, 2017
OK.

stanlo300:

Is $150.4, u can convert that to naira depend on the exchange rate u use.black market should be around 55k or so
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Omooloriredade: 9:51am On Jul 19, 2017
jayooh:

Employment is not CPD to the best of my knowledge. Might not fly.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by omo1010: 10:02am On Jul 19, 2017
Thanks a lot, this is really helpful. Can u pls hint me on pte-A reg. The best centre to use. What is the best method of paying for ea assessment.
Bnimz:
Engineers are not allowed to use PTE for Assessment.... However we can and do use PTE-A for Visa purposes... Most people here got their 20 points from PTE-A... Including the engineers
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kennedychinedu: 10:36am On Jul 19, 2017
Hello House,
Many thanks for everything you have been doing on this forum. Please I have a few questions. Can someone use an academic IELTS score for this migrant application 189. Also can i have checked over and over again and i can not seem to ascertain if microbiologists are still eligible to apply. Any advice would be appreciated as I am new to this platform.

Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afolaseg: 10:37am On Jul 19, 2017
spyroxy1:

afolaseg Please I'm aslo insterested in the PTE mock test. Whats the procedure?

You can PM me. I have few left.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lawland: 11:07am On Jul 19, 2017
mummyife:

pls what about University of Uyo?
Section 2
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by junebaby: 11:17am On Jul 19, 2017
Thank you Bellacious. I tried replying your pm it kept bouncing back.

Reason I am asking this is to have all cards on the table. The major Ish is not having govt assistance as person go need all d assistance one can get in d early stages and the length of time to get citizenship.

Let me continue to gather all our info and doc.
Gurus in the house please still put mouth for this matter.

Thank you
[quote author=Bellacious post=58605625]

Well let me share the little I know.
1)For the pros, its a 4 yrs visa that allows u to apply for PR after 2yrs if the condition are fulfilled, u can get a permanent job,u get 10 points from the state if u don't meet d required points. Cons: u have to pay for ur Medicare and u do not get any government benefits, if u 're to School, u will have to pay the international rate,
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 11:23am On Jul 19, 2017
kaybecks:
Anyone interested in buying PTE-A voucher, pls PM me.

Thanks.

I am interested please.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2017
@ Junebaby. 489 sounds ok with no other option than staying in naija. undecided but as you have rightly pointed out, that initial support on arrival is highly needed. Maybe if you're single applicant sha the journey might be smoother o

What state are you looking at? If it's South Australia, please carefully consider the option because from research and emphasis laid by bellong being a resident of that state presently, there is high unemployment when compared with other states.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 12:14pm On Jul 19, 2017
disectur:
Good morning my people.
There's a positive update on my earlier timeline. I have been in holy shock since things started to move fast.

NSW Invitation to Apply Stream 2: June 22, 2017
NSW Application: June 26, 2017
NSW Nomination: June 28, 2017
DIBP Invitation to Apply: June 28, 2017
Medicals and Police Report for me, wife and child: 3rd week of July 2017
VISA I90 Application: End of July 2017
GRANT:?
DATE OF FIRST ENTRY: Feb/March 2018?

Inspiring... Especially your IELTS 2nd attempt and Vetasses re-assessment. Was it the same documents that were earlier assessed? or you were allowed to re-submit diffrent documents entirely?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Annbabie: 12:41pm On Jul 19, 2017
Pls, i need to talk to you @teewhysafe
teewhysafe:

She requires at least one year work experience.
Payslips and Pension statement should be enough
Send me a pm. Wil forward a sample of JD used.
Just ensure you prepare n submit as much evidence possible
Employment letter, Promotion if any, Reference letter etc.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mabeline1: 1:26pm On Jul 19, 2017
I concur just see the 489 as semi student visa that allows you to work full time with no restrictions. Also your children will go to school free as long as its public school creche excluded.

With student visa you won't have any benefit and still survive,to me where person way they run reach na the same place person way they crawl go reach. If you don't have other options please take the puffpuff as 2 years is just tomorrow grin.

quote author=SegunWamiri post=58612706]@ Junebaby. 489 sounds ok with no other option than staying in naija. undecided but as you have rightly pointed out, that initial support on arrival is highly needed. Maybe if you're single applicant sha the journey might be smoother o

What state are you looking at? If it's South Australia, please carefully consider the option because from research and emphasis laid by bellong being a resident of that state presently, there is high unemployment when compared with other states.[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by morakky: 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2017
Hello team, please I need someone who can assist with the payment of EA Assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bellacious: 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2017
[quote author=junebaby post=58611162]
Thank you Bellacious. I tried replying your pm it kept bouncing back.

You 're welcome. Send me a pm pls
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kamal474: 4:09pm On Jul 19, 2017
Hello everyone can anyone plz tell me what the next round of invitation like? I mean preference would be given again to pro-rata occupations or civil engineering with 65 points has chance in next round, thanks in advance
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 4:43pm On Jul 19, 2017
@Bellong and other gurus. Bsc computer science (4years) from UNIBEN. What section of school is it? Will it be assessed as bsc or associate degree with vetassess and ACS?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
Kamal474:
Hello everyone can anyone plz tell me what the next round of invitation like? I mean preference would be given again to pro-rata occupations or civil engineering with 65 points has chance in next round, thanks in advance

Nobody knows as DIBP is yet to release any information on the last round and new ceilings ...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yungmin: 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2017
Hello house, pls I need your invaluable advice. One of my previous job position which I want to claim point for was a contract job tired to a particular project. Now,, all the company gave me was a testimonial which have virtually all details of a reference letter except my job responsibilities. I am thinking of making a court affidavit detailing my job position to be attached to the testimonial. Please, is this a good idea? Would it suffice? Though I have payslip and tax cert and pension as well.

Pls, kindly respond. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.