Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,213 members, 7,780,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:33 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1194855 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rooneyboy(m): 11:03pm On Sep 13, 2017
teewhysafe:
Grants flying upandan. Reassessment with Vetassess came back Positive yesterday. Took about 5 weeks. Was so relieved.

Hi sis, please what were the steps you took to have a positive reassessment, i was recently given a negative assessment on the grounds that the tasks undertaken are not highly relevant to the ANZSCO tasks for my nominated occupation.

......Obviously i didn't paraphrase the ANZSCO task for them, I heard that is the trick.

Now my question, Can i go back to them for a reassessment and paraphrasing the task that they require, wouldn't that raise eyebrows

@bellong , your inputs will also be appreciated.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Phlunter01: 12:08am On Sep 14, 2017
OzyMigrant:
Hello Phlunter,

Try save yourself some stress by not including the birth certificates in your application.Your passports are enough as proof of age - birth certs have no bearing in visa application except for age verification.

If the names are consistent on other documents then you guys should be fine. Just leave the birth certs out.

As for your daughter, her immunisation card surfaces - that was what I submitted in place of yellow card in my case. Even my wife too didn't go through the immunisation procedure, it was only stated in her card that she was breastfeeding, hence cannot immunize.

Hope that helps.
Thank you very much. Yes it helps

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 12:23am On Sep 14, 2017
Waoooo!! goodnews everywhere plus so many updates to go through.

Congrats Catchwindfrmkd, ozymigrant and everyone else for the visa grants.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zuriel234(m): 1:23am On Sep 14, 2017
hello oga bellong, really appreciate the wonderful job you are doing to enlighten us.
please do you have a sample of of CDR for EA. I need a guide to wirte. you can forward it to my mail: benjamin_theophilus@yahoo.com
thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:55am On Sep 14, 2017
zuriel234:
hello, really appreciate the wonderful job you are doing to enlighten us.
please do you have a sample of of CDR for EA. I need a guide to wirte. you can forward it to my mail
thanks.

I am sorry, I am not an engineer.

What is your Engineering field? Read the MSA booklet on how to write a CDR. Once you finish writing, I believe someone here will be more than happy to proofread for you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 3:03am On Sep 14, 2017
Titiogunwa:

Please can anyone help a brother out?

I missed this earlier.

Aircraft maintenance engineer is a skill level 3 occupation in Australia which means you need only a certificate 4 qualification which is lower than a diploma.
Aircraft maintenance engineer (mechanical) is sponsored by Northern Territory and on special condition in South Australia.

My advice, if it is possible to pattern your experience in aviation to a mechanical engineer, that will be better for you to claim 10 points experience. With 70/75points, you should get ITA on time as a mechanical engineer.

If you don't mind applying to NT, then follow the aircraft maintenance engineer path.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 3:05am On Sep 14, 2017
@phlunter01,

Ozy is right. I didn't use a birth certificate when I applied. I only uploaded the data page of my passport as evidence of age.

@Rooneyboy,

You can appeal by addressing whatever they raised in the negative outcome and if you have any, provide additional documents. Yes, you can rewrite the job descriptions.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 4:11am On Sep 14, 2017
Congratulations to you and your family.
Best wishes ahead

baenoz:

12/09/17 - GRANT for Myself, spouse & 2kids

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 4:21am On Sep 14, 2017
Congrats Teejah.
God will continue to prosper you and always give you the GRACE to do the right things and make the right decisions.
Best wishes to you and your family.

Teejah80:

.Got my grant for me and my family this morning.We serve a God that answers pray.If he can do it for me and change my direction from NT to Queensland, that God will do it for all those awaiting ITA and grant.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 4:28am On Sep 14, 2017
Hi,

We've got a link on this thread to sample CDRs which all got positive EA assessments.

I don't have the exact page number in my head, but I'm sure someone can help save you the time by directing you to the exact page if it's not already on the first pages of the thread.

While you hope for that, I advise you to start search the thread for the link. You'd be glad you did as you'd come across a lot of vitalking information.

zuriel234:

please do you have a sample of of CDR for EA. I need a guide to wirte.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 4:58am On Sep 14, 2017
Congratulations!

nosula:

Received the Grant today.

Sept 13, 2017: Direct Grant

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 5:00am On Sep 14, 2017
Congratulations!

doyen06:

EOI WEB DESIGNER 55 + 5(nsw) APRIL 12
NSW STREAM 2 NOMINATION MAY 5 2017
NSW APPROVAL AND SKILL SELECT INVITATION MAY 11, 2017
DIRECT GRANT SEPTEMBER 13, 2017

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:07am On Sep 14, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Royal54(m): 7:07am On Sep 14, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
Hi,

We've got a link on this thread to sample CDRs which all got positive EA assessments.

I don't have the exact page number in my head, but I'm sure someone can help save you the time by directing you to the exact page if it's not already on the first pages of the thread.

zuriel234:
hello oga bellong, really appreciate the wonderful job you are doing to enlighten us.
please do you have a sample of of CDR for EA. I need a guide to wirte.
thanks.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BznTUgIfmjS6NHFmcVlyeFB5a2c?usp=sharing

It's on page 177.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 8:25am On Sep 14, 2017
Hi. You need to first of all understand why your tasks are not highly relevant to your nominated occupation. Reason for this is stated in your outcome letter.

So what you need to do is either re-present your tasks matching it closely with the ANZSCO code or even nominating another occupation entirely.

We had to nominate another occupation closely related to the former hence the positive reassessment. We didnt change any task just the nominated occupation. Hope this helps.

@Phlunter, PTE scores can only be sent once via Pearson. I tried resending and that was the response i got. The result had already been forwarded to DIBP.

Rooneyboy:

Hi sis, please what were the steps you took to have a positive reassessment, i was recently given a negative assessment on the grounds that the tasks undertaken are not highly relevant to the ANZSCO tasks for my nominated occupation.

......Obviously i didn't paraphrase the ANZSCO task for them, I heard that is the trick.

Now my question, Can i go back to them for a reassessment and paraphrasing the task that they require, wouldn't that raise eyebrows

@bellong , your inputs will also be appreciated.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rooneyboy(m): 8:31am On Sep 14, 2017
teewhysafe:
. Reason for this is stated in your outcome

Thank you very much sis, really it does help a great deal.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by gbengaolu360: 8:52am On Sep 14, 2017
Please Sirs, I need PTE materials. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Titiogunwa(f): 9:11am On Sep 14, 2017
bellong:

I missed this earlier.

Aircraft maintenance engineer is a skill level 3 occupation in Australia which means you need only a certificate 4 qualification which is lower than a diploma.
Aircraft maintenance engineer (mechanical) is sponsored by Northern Territory and on special condition in South Australia.

My advice, if it is possible to pattern your experience in aviation to a mechanical engineer, that will be better for you to claim 10 points experience. With 70/75points, you should get ITA on time as a mechanical engineer.

If you don't mind applying to NT, then follow the aircraft maintenance engineer path.

Thanks so much Oga Bellong
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by disectur(m): 9:18am On Sep 14, 2017
Good morning, I can advice on the issue with the birth certificate. My wife and I also had a similar issue. The solution is simple. Write an Affidavit that clarifies the the person in the birth certificate is the same person in the passport and all other relevant/historical documents.
Do not leave anything to chance. Affidavit costs a maximum of N2000 per person but you can have it done for N1000 minimum. You will need two passport photographs.

I hope this helps.
Phlunter01:
Please all,

I have some clarifications I need as i am preparing to lodge my visa application;

1. My name on my birth certificate shows only my surname and 1 given name e.g Jackson, Rose while my name on all other documents includes a second given name e.g Jackson, Rose Daisy. is it ok or do I need to do any kind of explanation

2. My husband (secondary applicant) has his surname and 3 given names on his birth certificate e.g Paul John Ralph Reed while on all his other documents, one of the given names which appears first on the birth certificate has been excluded e.g Paul, Ralph Reed. is it ok or do I need to do any kind of explanation

3. My baby is only 8 months old and is not due for the yellow fever vaccine so we did not get a yellow card for her from port health, however she has her national immunization records card issued by the public health centre which we used during medicals. i hope this is okay for her own immunisation evidence.

4. My PTE report had been sent to DIBP from Pearson directly a while ago, do i need to go back and resent it when lodging my application?

Your kind suggestions/advice will be appreciated.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 9:22am On Sep 14, 2017
Lol. I did not know how it would turn out. I just bought it so I wont have to start looking for voucher if/when I need it. and I can always sell it back if not used.

spyroxy1:

Thats strange! shocked shocked You knew it wasn't okay
Have you done it now??

I've just sent you a dm

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 9:23am On Sep 14, 2017
So many good news. Celebration continues in this month of september oh eh. septem....

For those of us still struggling to increase our points God will crown our effort.

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kamotisha: 9:49am On Sep 14, 2017
You know that kind of thing that God will do for you...that you will be asking yourself if you are dreaming?... Grant came On the 12th Sept (looks like there was a harvest of grants that day!
That moment you realize that your status went from 'Received' to 'Finalised'. No CO contact!
The story is long but my timeline will give a summary

IELTS - 04th Aug 2016 (L8/R6.5/W6.5/S7).
I took IELTS for Canadian express entry. AS the wait was looking to long, i decided to Port to Aussie this year.

Took PTE exam on the 22nd of Feb 2017

PTE result came on the 23rd of Feb 2017 (L90/R73/S77/W90). Just good enough for the 10 points I needed.

EA application submitted - 09th March 2017 (used my IELTS)

EA outcome came out positive on the 18th of May 2017.

Lodged EOI 22nd May 2017 (65 points, Chem Eng)
Got ITA 23rd of May 2017
Got PCC on the 25th of May 2017
Visa application lodged on the 02nd of June
Medical on the 09th of June 2017
Direct Grant on the 12th of Sept 2017

Who else could have done this if not God??
Thanks to everyone who took out time to ask questions. I didn't ask questions here because most of the questions I would have asked were already asked and answered by other people. All I had to do was read and relate to my situation. Thanks to those that answered questions, God bless you! Those still waiting, there's light at the end of the tunnel...
Movement tips needed o. Who is in Melbourne??

24 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by rinzylee(m): 9:56am On Sep 14, 2017
Good morning House abi Family. I am thrilled with the success stories we have had over the past few days of this month. Really the Good Lord has crowned the year with goodness and our paths drop fatness.
Oga Bellong.... Your generation will receive help more than you have given by starting up this thread and to all the contributors... God bless you all.
For a while I have noticed that most of the applicants here are Either Engineering or IT professionals, please I beg to ask if there is any medical professional who has successfully gotten through the rigors of securing a PR? we also need your voice so some of us who are medics would be encouraged.
I also want to inquire and find out the opinion of the house on this, I am a physiotherapist (graduated and sworn in 2011) Australia insists we must write qualification exams before securing PR, but on going through the short term list I found out that Massage therapist and G.ymnastics/sports instructors don't need exams and can go for 190/457 visa. I am qualified by my licensing board and training to fill in these roles, even though I am over qualified for it. Do I go ahead or stick to 189 visa for Physiotherapists?

please help a brother..... Thank you

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kamotisha: 10:01am On Sep 14, 2017
nosula:
Hi Guys,

Received the Grant today. Timeline is mentioned below.

I have been a silent member of this forum. Believing in all the pointers given by experts here I proceeded in my application. Folks who are waiting for grant , Just hold the ground for a while. You will be granted , just matter of time.

I wish you all the best and thanks for all the support I got.

Timeline:

Feb 17, 2017: TOEFL (Competent Level)
Mar 25, 2017: EA Assessment submitted for CHEMICAL ENGINEERING with 7 years of experience
May 2, 2017: EA positive outcome
May 17, 2017: PTE (10 Points)
May 30 2017: EOI submitted with 65 points
June 07 2017: ITA received
June 21 2017: Visa lodged with 65 points
July 08 2017: Added Spouse
Aug 10 2017: Acknowledgement of Added Applicant
Sept 13, 2017: Direct Grant

Regards.

Congratulations my professional colleague grin

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 10:06am On Sep 14, 2017
Congratulations.

Really, this is a breeding ground.

[quote author=kamotisha post=60442848]You know that kind of thing that God will do for you...that you will be asking yourself if you are dreaming?... Grant came On the 12th Sept (looks like there was a harvest of grants that day!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kamotisha: 10:10am On Sep 14, 2017
Johnson2016:

Wow. Many congrats
Please i want to ask. For the experiences you claimed which documents did you present to backup your claim? Also what salary range did you put forword as an engineer?
Thanks

Reference letter from your company or all companies you have worked, pay slips, tax ID and slips, statement of account showing salary credits and of course your career episodes and CDR...all I can remember

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 14, 2017
[quote author=rinzylee post=60443129]
For a while I have noticed that most of the applicants here are Either Engineering or IT professionals, plea

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by disectur(m): 10:17am On Sep 14, 2017
I'm so sorry I am unable to write too many details as of now but I summarise what I know and did into 21 steps. I am also providing two links to break down the application and nomination process fully.

1. Create a new EOI - you MUST select only NSW
2. Wait for Invitation to apply for Nomination
3. Apply for Nomination (AUD300) with all your critical details - basically, the same documents used for assessment plus CV
(No proof of funds required)
4. Receive Successful Application Outcome and DIBP ITA (at the Same Time)
5. Log in to immi.gov.au and create your Visa application profile (Do not submit...yet)
6. Click on "My Health Declarations", fill in all details TRUTHFULLY
7. Click on "My Applications" and fill in you and family health details to generate HAP IDs for all applicants
8. Go to IOM or any other approved Health assessment center. Book your medicals
9. Get Medicals done, wait 3 days to be sure your medical results have been uploaded on e-Medical portal
10. Cross check all details in your visa application.
11. Pay the Visa Fees and front load ALL documents
12. Pray well and daily
13. Check emails daily. Do not be nervous (You will be anxious)
14. Receive your direct grant(s)
15. Go immediately to IOM to book concession tickets (up to 40% discount)
16. With money (assumed) already saved, pay for your airfare
17. Sell EVERYTHING and change 99% to USD
20. Resign and say goodbye to Naija. Shed no tears. (It will be a while before you see this wonderful land again)
21. Welcome to Sydney. Your new life starts

http://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/skilled-nominated-migration-190
https://www.sydneymovingguide.com/

jayooh:

If I may, could u enlighten me on how the state nomination streams work in NSW

6 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:17am On Sep 14, 2017
rinzylee, if you can get anything to make the trip faster, go for it, 190 is good.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kamotisha: 10:21am On Sep 14, 2017
gbengaolu360:
Please Sirs, I need PTE materials. Thanks.

Drop your email address here. Will send some things I have.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by rinzylee(m): 10:23am On Sep 14, 2017
mamajaz:
rinzylee, if you can get anything to make the trip faster, go for it, 190 is good.

The real Mama.... thank you ma. I will focus on it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by rinzylee(m): 10:25am On Sep 14, 2017
[quote author=Pharnta post=60443698][/quote]
No assessment yet. Still looking at the closest and easier route. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.