Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,434 members, 7,801,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1202117 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2017
bornlegend:
Please house, anyone received ITA for Engineering Technologist so far?

Yes, but for now you will need 70points for an ITA.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mumzt: 8:18pm On Sep 14, 2017
Itissettled3:
I pmed you.

I studied estate management too, assessed as a valuer and got a positive assessment. Since you are younger than Oga, I would advise you become the principal.

What I am not sure of is if the change of job role will affect your chances of getting a positive assessment. The Gurus will advise you better on that.

I just replied.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Itissettled3: 8:40pm On Sep 14, 2017
mumzt:

I just replied.

Just checked. Didn't see it. Maybe nairaland ish
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 14, 2017
kamotisha:

Drop your email address here. Will send some things I have.

Hey bro, kindly send to thehunted316@gmail.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2017
kamotisha:

Hey bro, kindly send to thehunted316@gmail.com.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mcslize: 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
Hahaaaa....
Chemical Engineers are now topping the GRANT chart... grin
It almost felt like EEE, IT and Computer were the selling point.
Make I rejoice for the many Chemical Engineers moment of fame here wink
And Melbourne is now a top destination even with the bribery of Jamson to pull people to Sydney.

Congrats bro.
Better things ahead...
I'm in Melbourne and quite a few others who were mentioned in few pages back.

Bro, how is life in Melbourne job wise? That city is bloody clean which I know.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mumzt: 10:04pm On Sep 14, 2017
Itissettled3:

Just checked. Didn't see it. Maybe nairaland ish

Just checked too. There was a failure notice. Resent it and still came back with the same error.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:16pm On Sep 14, 2017
mumzt:

Just checked too. There was a failure notice. Resent it and still came back with the same error.

How many years of practice did you put in before the diversion?

Your husband...

Age. 15
Experience 15
English. 20
Qualification 15

Partner's point. 5?

Total. 65 or 70

You..

Age - 25
Experience ?
English 20
Qualification: 15

Partner's point: 5

Total:. 60 or more..

@Rooneyboy,

My cups are full at the moment, I may not have the patience to go through it with you. I believe someone will offer to help.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:17pm On Sep 14, 2017
@Lalaazo,

When are you leaving?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:18pm On Sep 14, 2017
@bornlegend,

There is no direct occupation for a philosophy graduate on the thread. However, what work experience do you have?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mumzt: 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2017
bellong:

How many years of practice did you put in before the diversion?

Your husband...

Age. 15
Experience 15
English. 20
Qualification 15

Partner's point. 5?

Total. 65 or 70

You..

Age - 25
Experience ?
English 20
Qualification: 15

Partner's point: 5

Total:. 60 or

Thank you for your response.
I put in just 2 years in the property department of the same organisation where I switched to personal assistant. But I have my youth service too which is one year in proper practice too. But all these experiences have been a while.
I served in 2003. But the work experience was 2004-2006.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:40pm On Sep 14, 2017
mumzt:

Thank you for your response.
I put in just 2 years in the property department of the same organisation where I switched to personal assistant. But I have my youth service too which is one year in proper practice too. But all these experiences have been a while.
I served in 2003. But the work experience was 2004-2006.

That means you worked in the organisation till 2011?

The assessment and migration take into account experience in the last 10years which you have.

If you guys can afford to, you should both do assessment and put in EOI. The other account can be closed after one of you gets an ITA.

Since the PA came from the same company, I believe you can fine tune your experience...

Get in touch with the valuer to put you through.

For your husband, it is easy.. he should write a solid cdr and the assessment will be a piece of cake.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by abby2443: 11:01pm On Sep 14, 2017
Please send here too... platinumdrawingz@gmail.com
kamotisha:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:07pm On Sep 14, 2017
[quote author=depair post=60448059][/quote]

I think you should get in touch with ironrose, she studied same course as you and got a positive assessment as a secondary school teacher.

She should be able to put you through.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 11:12pm On Sep 14, 2017
OzyMigrant:
Hello Phlunter,

Try save yourself some stress by not including the birth certificates in your application.Your passports are enough as proof of age - birth certs have no bearing in visa application except for age verification.

If the names are consistent on other documents then you guys should be fine. Just leave the birth certs out.

As for your daughter, her immunisation card surfaces - that was what I submitted in place of yellow card in my case. Even my wife too didn't go through the immunisation procedure, it was only stated in her card that she was breastfeeding, hence cannot immunize.

Hope that helps.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 11:31pm On Sep 14, 2017
bellong:
@phlunter01,

Ozy is right. I didn't use a birth certificate when I applied. I only uploaded the data page of my passport as evidence of age.

@Rooneyboy,

You can appeal by addressing whatever they raised in the negative outcome and if you have any, provide additional documents. Yes, you can rewrite the job descriptions.

Saving....
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 11:44pm On Sep 14, 2017
@Tejah80,

Congratulations. May you prosper in the land.

@Nosola,

Congratulations. More grace to achieve your dreams in full.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mumzt: 12:35am On Sep 15, 2017
bellong:

That means you worked in the organisation till 2011?

The assessment and migration take into account experience in the last 10years which you have.

If you guys can afford to, you should both do assessment and put in EOI. The other account can be closed after one of you gets an ITA.

Since the PA came from the same company, I believe you can fine tune your experience...

Get in touch with the valuer to put you through.

For your husband, it is easy.. he should write a solid cdr and the assessment will be a piece of cake.

I really appreciate this. I actually left the organisation in 2008 for the uk. The experience from 2008 to 2011 was in the uk (that can't be tweeked) but I get your drift on it.
Will start with my husband's and see what can be done about mine and keep the house posted.

Thank you so much.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 2:51am On Sep 15, 2017
Depends on the individual.

Factors include:

Type of job
Position you're after
Industry you're targeting
Your skills and experiences as well as personality
Etc

All of which would add up to your job search experience and the story you'd tell if asked same.

In general, there are hundreds of new jobs across all industries advertised everyday in Melbourne with hundreds of applications received as well. So, your jobwise experience would depend on how favourably you compete with other applicants.
Some took days and maybe weeks to get what they're after. Others took months and maybe years.
Some have had to make a career shift. Others are still resilient and persistent in the search for something in their field.

My experience wouldn't help you much as I'm not sure we have the same profile.
But the good news, and main point of interest, is that you'd find loads of opportunities that you'd be tempted to apply for all.
However, you should concentrate your efforts on those for which you're most suitable so that you can compete favourably with other applicants.

Mcslize:

Bro, how is life in Melbourne job wise? That city is bloody clean which I know.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 3:43am On Sep 15, 2017
Happy to see that the ministry is moving forward smiley
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mcslize: 5:04am On Sep 15, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd
Thanks , that's great!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Folatem: 5:26am On Sep 15, 2017
zanyzara:

You got an ITA already?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 5:48am On Sep 15, 2017
Folatem:

You got an ITA already?

Not yet. Just responding to bornlegend, I assumed he meant on this thread.

Getting one on 65points is a long thing. I can imagine your anxiety. I'm rooting for your 3rd Jan EOI. I don't think I can get ITA with my 65points, my EOI is very late, so I'm trying raising my points.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 15, 2017
Visa granted!!!!!
1. VETASSESS - Submitted 14 Jan 2017. Positive - 12 April 2017(Occupation - Valuer)

2. PTE - Attempted 5 times. The 4th time was the worst. Booked for the 5th exam. While writing the 5th one, Pearson sent me an email that the 4th exam was wrongly scored due to technical problem, hence would be re-scored. So the result for the 4th exam changed from S59 L65 R79 W62 to S90 L89 R87 W82. Miracle still happens abi?

3. EOI - Applied 15 May 2017

4. ITA - 23 May 2017

5. Applied for 189 - 24 June 2017 - All docs front loaded

6. 21 August 2017 - Immi Commencement Email

7. Visa granted! - 15 Sept 2017

Your valuable info made this happen. Thanks everyone. Much appreciated. Love you all.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ikokodudu: 8:20am On Sep 15, 2017
Is work experience from 2007 to 2012 plus relevant qualification sufficient to get a positive outcome from vetassess?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:36am On Sep 15, 2017
Ikokodudu:
Is work experience from 2007 to 2012 plus relevant qualification sufficient to get a positive outcome from vetassess?

Yes..

@Duch1020,

Great news... The miraculous PTE turn around is interesting.. you should have asked for a refund for the 5th payment... cheesy

Congratulations.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bornlegend: 8:40am On Sep 15, 2017
zanyzara:

Thanks Zara
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bornlegend: 8:43am On Sep 15, 2017
bellong:
@bornlegend,

There is no direct occupation for a philosophy graduate on the thread. However, what work experience do you have?

Thanks Bellong. Just inquiring for spouse with no experience yet.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 15, 2017
bellong:

Yes..

@Duch1020,

Great news... The miraculous PTE turn around is interesting.. you should have asked for a refund for the 5th payment... cheesy

Congratulations.
Thanks Bellong. Pearson promised to refund payment for the 5th exam. I have filled a form. I'm still waiting.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ikokodudu: 9:13am On Sep 15, 2017
bellong:

Yes..

Thank you bellong.
It is the bolded part of this extract from vetassess website that is confusing

".... Generally for a Skills Assessment application for ENS, GSM, RSMS and 457 visa purposes, we require a qualification which is at the required educational level in a highly relevant field to the nominated occupation as well as at least one year of highly relevant employment completed at the required skill level within the last five years.

We are in 2017 and I thought counting from the last 5yrears will be employment from 2012 onwards
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 15, 2017
bellong:

I will appreciate if you ask the question here. A lot of people here are still fresh in the process and may have better and current information than I.

Thanks

At the request of Bellong.

To the glory of God I finally got my PR after a long wait of 19 months. My timeline below:

Applied: Feb 2016
Submitted payslip and reference letter as proof of employment.
Medicals passed:march 2016
PCC: Feb 2016
Heard nothing and kept calling DIBP & sending mails, was told they are processing it.
March 2017: Natural Justice
That they called my employer several he did not pick up, they did online search for the company and there was no web presence or anything to show about the company hence they doubt my employment is genuine + one of the telephone lines listed does not exist.

april 2017: responded to natural justice including tax clearance and firs receipts of the company for several years, CAC registration, letter from employer to DIBP, more payslips, Recent bank statement showing salary and my personal statement.

Waited and called several times but same story they give, finally gave up about 3 months ago.

Sept 10th: GRANT
IED: December 5th 2017

Never give up or stop trusting God, he always comes through.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by disectur(m): 9:50am On Sep 15, 2017
What an incredibly painful experience. The process must have felt hellish but God rules. Congratulations,
what a testimony.
samge:

At the request of Bellong.

To the glory of God I finally got my PR after a long wait of 19 months. My timeline below:

Applied: Feb 2016
Submitted payslip and reference letter as proof of employment.
Medicals passed:march 2016
PCC: Feb 2016
Heard nothing and kept calling DIBP & sending mails, was told they are processing it.
March 2017: Natural Justice
That they called my employer several he did not pick up, they did online search for the company and there was no web presence or anything to show about the company hence they doubt my employment is genuine + one of the telephone lines listed does not exist.

april 2017: responded to natural justice including tax clearance and firs receipts of the company for several years, CAC registration, letter from employer to DIBP, more payslips, Recent bank statement showing salary and my personal statement.

Waited and called several times but same story they give, finally gave up about 3 months ago.

Sept 10th: GRANT
IED: December 5th 2017

Never give up or stop trusting God, he always comes through.

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.