Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,460 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1202496 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 9:20am On Dec 02, 2017
victree4:

OK, I'm good then. One more thing, could you be kind enough to evaluate the quality of my 3 career episodes? I'm aware that you were positively assessed for electrical engineering occupation by EA.

Thanks.
Actually, mine was electronics engineering. You can still send an email to mctowel01@gmail.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by fobak203(m): 9:56am On Dec 02, 2017
Please gurus in the house, I have just searched both MTSSL AND STSOL and I cannot find lecturing.

Age-30 years

Qualifications

BSc- Physics
MSc-Materials Science and Engineering (UNIBEN and University of Manchester)

IELTS

I can get the 20 points for the test

By March 2018, 5 years working experience in Lecturing at a Federal University. Abeg make una help me look where I go fit in for the PR through skilled migration programme. Although, without occupation assessment, I can still nail between 55-65 points.

Someone might have come across the state nomination programme where lecturing has been mentioned.

Any advice?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kamotisha: 1:34pm On Dec 02, 2017
Eladua:

grin grin you just gave a GMPC enough pap to enjoy.

This one no be GMPC matter o. That's actually what he needs to migrate on a BUSINESS visa. I thought so too until I saw the 'Business'....
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 1:58pm On Dec 02, 2017
kamotisha:

This one no be GMPC matter o. That's actually what he needs to migrate on a BUSINESS visa. I thought so too until I saw the 'Business'....

Oh Okay, just wondering why an Otedola go wan go through that.. lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 02, 2017
Alphadoor:

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/888-

15M Australian dollars.
Or N4.2 billion
thanks for the info sir. I don't think this would ever work though. 4.2b? Damn
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by victree4: 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2017
mctowel01:

Actually, mine was electronics engineering. You can still send an email to mctowel01@gmail.com
Thanks. I will do so shortly
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nappyboi001: 5:21pm On Dec 02, 2017
Hello
Please am new here and have gone through the thread, myself and spouse are both medical laboratory scientist, our profession is on the MLTSS list. Guru's in the house please help with information concerning AIMS certification in South Africa.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adeomoade: 5:29pm On Dec 02, 2017
nappyboi001:
Hello
Please am new here and have gone through the thread, myself and spouse are both medical laboratory scientist, our profession is on the MLTSS list. Guru's in the house please help with information concerning AIMS certification in South Africa.
All the information you need on AIMS assessment on their website site. Examinations comes after positive assessment as a medical laboratory technician. Have gotten positive assessment from AIMS?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nappyboi001: 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2017
No I avnt bin assessed by Aims. Have gone through their website and can only write the exam in South Africa cos that is their only centre in Africa.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2017
Hello fam,

A brother of mine with the following qualifications: Bsc Actuarial Science, ICAN and upto 8 years and above work experience in banking . He wants to know the best occupation to nominate in order to receive ITA with 65 point or less, under visa class 189 or 190.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2017
And that’s how I finally wrote another IELTS today. Looking up to God. @diggy4real...here comes your 20 points.

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by adeomoade: 7:01pm On Dec 02, 2017
nappyboi001:
No I avnt bin assessed by Aims. Have gone through their website and can only write the exam in South Africa cos that is their only centre in Africa.
Exam comes last. Focus on your assessment first. Some people have written and pass the exam.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:53pm On Dec 02, 2017
chebyshev:
Hello fam,

A brother of mine with the following qualifications: Bsc Actuarial Science, ICAN and upto 8 years and above work experience in banking . He wants to know the best occupation to nominate in order to receive ITA with 65 point or less, under visa class 189 or 190.

Actuarial scientist will be the best option to receive ITA with 60-65points. However, he will need to demonstrate that his experience matches that of anzsco description for an actuarial scientist. I believe that should be the least of his worries.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kooledge: 10:12pm On Dec 02, 2017
mctowel01:

To add to what Cotryekundayo has said, you will need a cdr if you are nominating any of the engineering occupations. i personally feel your bsc isn't in full match with EA's bsc requirement, however, you should pass for engineering technologist. Given your long years of experience and I m assuming, good age bracket, you should stand a chance with around 70points. Try PTE for the english, should be easier, even though I ll say sometimes, there are individual exceptions.Goodluck
muchas gracias bro. i think u r right to say that my degree falls into the engineering technology category. would i still be needing cdr ?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kooledge: 10:14pm On Dec 02, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

You don look the skilled occupation list? Which one do you think is relevant to your job description?
yes i have bro. engineering technologist best fits
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 10:15pm On Dec 02, 2017
kooledge:

muchas gracias bro. i think u r right to say that my degree falls into the engineering technology category. would i still be needing cdr ?
Yes.. definitely.. you will have to write a cdr
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Deon2020(m): 11:57pm On Dec 02, 2017
Hello peeps! Vetassess Guru's in the house. I would like to know if academic qualifications and transcripts from South Africa and UK have to be sent to Vetassess directly or can be uploaded and certified for assessment. Thank you for your time
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:48am On Dec 03, 2017
Deon2020:
Hello peeps! Vetassess Guru's in the house. I would like to know if academic qualifications and transcripts from South Africa and UK have to be sent to Vetassess directly or can be uploaded and certified for assessment. Thank you for your time

There instructions on vetasses website about countries that need to send their transcript directly. Check if those two countries are listed.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vivienne01(f): 6:18am On Dec 03, 2017
Tee79:
PTE has freed me at last at the third attempt.

S=90 L= 90 W = 90 R= 90.

For speaking please practice tongue twisters it will improve your fluency. My fluency jumped from 71 in the second attempt to 90 this time. Also spend time communicating in english, it will improve your fluency and pro reading, study collocations and re-order paragraph a lot and for the multiple answer section, if you are not sure of the answer please don't choose it because it attracts negative marking.
For writing, in the summary section, don't write too much because it will complicate the sentences. For listening, listen very well and try to pick 3 to 5 key phrases especially in the summarize spoken test.

I found that PTE requires thorough practice. Practice everyday and pray for grace.

Congratulations on your perfect score. Please can you send me a copy of the materials you studied in preparation for the test.
Email: ebonydimpledangel@gmail.com
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vivienne01(f): 6:21am On Dec 03, 2017
spyroxy1:

This is mouth watering, breath taking.. Congratulations...

Guys, please contact me for your PTE mock test kits - for your Mock tests before the real test.

Please kindly send the test kit to my email ebonydimpledangel@gmail.com Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 6:49am On Dec 03, 2017
bellong:

Actuarial scientist will be the best option to receive ITA with 60-65points. However, he will need to demonstrate that his experience matches that of anzsco description for an actuarial scientist. I believe that should be the least of his worries.

Thank you sir
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 9:22am On Dec 03, 2017
Vivienne01:

Please kindly send the test kit to my email ebonydimpledangel@gmail.com Thank you

The mock test kits are sold. Please check my signature

Although I have some free materials I will share with you upon the purchase of the mock test and I will introduce you to a PTE group where you will get help from successful test takers (Band 90)
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 9:25am On Dec 03, 2017
stepo707:

How much is it and how many test are inside it? Does it gives reviews and also scores? Is it offline or depends on internet?

Its internet based. There are 2 tests in it, It shows your score about 20 minutes after the completion of the test.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Horticulturist: 2:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
spyroxy1:

The mock test kits are sold. Please check my signature

Although I have some free materials I will share with you upon the purchase of the mock test and I will introduce you to a PTE group where you will get help from successful test takers (Band 90)

Spyroxy, I bought from you and I did not get the extra materials ooh. I wasnt also added to the whatsapp group. Kindly assist
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by odigiri1983(m): 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2017
Please good people,recently i received a business 457 visa sponsorship pre approval letter from Australia.What does this mean pls?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 03, 2017
odigiri1983:
Please good people,recently i received a business 457 visa sponsorship pre approval letter from Australia.What does this mean pls?

On 18 April 2017, Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457 visa) was abolished and no new applications can be submitted under this subclass. Abolition and replacement of the 457 visa - Government reforms to employer sponsored skilled migration visas

If someone offered you a visa under this category, stay away!

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/457-abolition-replacement

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jbelieve: 6:37pm On Dec 03, 2017
SallyAUS:

Hi this is where GOD surprised me While I was waiting for my naija transcript to travel and reach vetasses. I had applied with what i had my Msc in Construction Project Management (UK) and it was more than enough. Apparently, with Vetasses A Masters degree in the Nominated occupation esp CPM or Project builder is more than enough...

for experience ideally you must have at least more than a year. because if eg you submit with 2 years experience vetasses will remove one year and your positive outcome year will be least a year some times even more... it can be positive outcome experience 10 months. I hope you understand

Hi SallyAUS can an assistant project manager (construction) with about one year experience assess with vetassess as well as norminate construction project manager occupation ?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kooledge: 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
mctowel01:

Yes.. definitely.. you will have to write a cdr
ok, thanks.have gone through the engineers australia site. can i include my Industrial attachment and final year project im my career episodes?
do u have idea of what Continuing Professional Development (CPD) statement and Summary Statement looks like?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 8:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
kooledge:

ok, thanks.have gone through the engineers australia site. can i include my Industrial attachment and final year project im my career episodes?
do u have idea of what Continuing Professional Development (CPD) statement and Summary Statement looks like?
Yes, you can include both industrial attachments and final year project, as you wish. Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is a writeup of ways by which you have personally been following through developments and self improvement in your profession. Like a list of self improvement activities you ve done outside your primary work. This includes but is not limited to, seminars, workshops, personal study and journal publications and personal projects. Summary statement as the name implies is a summary of the Carreer episodes written, all into one summary, addressin some key professional requirements from Engineers Australia. Its filled in a given format/form which can be downloaded from the EA's website

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kooledge: 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
mctowel01:

Yes, you can include both industrial attachments and final year project, as you wish. Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is a writeup of ways by which you have personally been following through developments and self improvement in your profession. Like a list of self improvement activities you ve done outside your primary work. This includes but is not limited to, seminars, workshops, personal study and journal publications and personal projects. Summary statement as the name implies is a summary of the Carreer episodes written, all into one summary, addressin some key professional requirements from Engineers Australia. Its filled in a given format/form which can be downloaded from the EA's website
my final project has actually been published in the nigeria journal of physics website. can i include it use it as a reference in my career episodes and also in CPD statement?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 9:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
kooledge:

my final project has actually been published in the nigeria journal of physics website. can i include it use it as a reference in my career episodes and also in CPD statement?
Yes .... Although there is no outlined section for reference in the Career episodes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.